Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 05:35:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2807 2808 2809 2810 2811 2812 2813 2814 2815 2816 2817 2818 2819 2820 2821 2822 2823 2824 2825 2826 2827 2828 2829 2830 2831 2832 2833 2834 2835 2836 2837 2838 2839 2840 2841 2842 2843 2844 2845 2846 2847 2848 2849 2850 2851 2852 2853 2854 2855 2856 [2857] 2858 2859 2860 2861 2862 2863 2864 2865 2866 2867 2868 2869 2870 2871 2872 2873 2874 2875 2876 2877 2878 2879 2880 2881 2882 2883 2884 2885 2886 2887 2888 2889 2890 2891 2892 2893 2894 2895 2896 2897 2898 2899 2900 2901 2902 2903 2904 2905 2906 2907 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722518 times)
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 01:10:58 PM

https://drk.mn/masternodes.html

is back up and running !
 Grin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
stonehedge
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1002

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 01:28:44 PM

is back up and running !
 Grin

Not quite...look at last seen times.  Needs a little time to update first.
tungfa
Legendary

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 01:33:04 PM

is back up and running !
 Grin

Not quite...look at last seen times.  Needs a little time to update first.

true true
so there more MN's counts coming i guess,
we are at
Total Masternodes: 907 = 839 actives + 68 inactives
I wish we had the other (inactive) all running and we would nearly hit 1000 !!!
YEahh .... Grin Grin Grin
tungfa
Legendary

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 01:36:03 PM

is back up and running !
 Grin

Not quite...look at last seen times.  Needs a little time to update first.

true true
so there more MN's counts coming i guess,
we are at
Total Masternodes: 907 = 839 actives + 68 inactives
I wish we had the other (inactive) all running and we would nearly hit 1000 !!!
YEahh .... Grin Grin Grin

+ i know there is an issue with MN payments,
but when they get paid eventually
 Grin then it is all worth the while !
(while others get not, but it all evens out in mine)
thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 01:48:52 PM

Ah, just anonymised another few hundred DRK. I do like watching that process. Smiley
tungfa
Legendary

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 01:49:54 PM

Ah, just anonymised another few hundred DRK. I do like watching that process. Smiley

what setting (1-8) are you using ?
thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 02:30:49 PM

3 - then sending from a new virgin address via a VPN (also paid for in DRK) until we have built-in IP obfuscation. Secure enough for my orders from inflatablenuns .com!

(Which are mailed to a rented mailbox paid for in cash by a rented street urchin, and couriered from there to me by the local gay biker gang, who would never tell, because they simply adore me.)

Wink
georgem
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2014, 02:34:21 PM

The average IT project implementation timeline is 3-5 years

This project is 8 months old, marketing will happen when the team is ready.

Until then, enjoy these low prices, you're not going to see them ever again...

I doubt if an everage user is gonna be ready to wait that long. Considering the price is creeping down day and night.  

F**k the average user.
The average user is always late to the party.

So georgem, while I can understand some of what you're inferring in relation to committed users in it for the long haul, I think your statement "F**k the average user" is the very epitome of what we DON'T want to do.

Ofcourse, but don't take my post out of context.
It was meant as answer to TheTruth4 who said he is "in doubt if an everage user is gonna be ready to wait that long". (for development to be finished)
I don't care if the average user is ready for anything.
We need commited users, willing to stand behind darkcoin, help its development, hold the community together and spread the message.
And this for the next few years at least!
And while we do that the average users will simply follow, much like flies who are attracted to a light source.
The light source will not come from the average users, but from the commited users.

fernando

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 02:39:43 PM

3 - then sending from a new virgin address via a VPN (also paid for in DRK) until we have built-in IP obfuscation. Secure enough for my orders from inflatablenuns .com!

(Which are mailed to a rented mailbox paid for in cash by a rented street urchin, and couriered from there to me by the local gay biker gang, who would never tell, because they simply adore me.)

Wink

Why so much hassle when you can just play with that biker gang and pay them with darkcoin? Smiley

Back to anonymizing. How long did it take you to anonymize several hundred? I've set up a few wallets to make tests and I'm having trouble with those bigger than 100 DRK because it stays waiting for another entry for too long.
bigrcanada

Activity: 588

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2014, 02:57:49 PM

The average IT project implementation timeline is 3-5 years

This project is 8 months old, marketing will happen when the team is ready.

Until then, enjoy these low prices, you're not going to see them ever again...

I doubt if an everage user is gonna be ready to wait that long. Considering the price is creeping down day and night.  

F**k the average user.
Bitcoin didn't go to 1000 $ because of average users.
It also didn't maintain it's pricelevel around 500$ for the last half year because of average users.

If history repeats itself, the following will happen:
You can now buy darkcoin at insanely low prices.
In 1-2 years you can sell those darkcoins to "average users" for a price - order of magnitudes higher.

The average user is always late to the party.
So.... wait for the party, prepare yourself.
When the "johnny come latelies" arrive, you will have to be here to fullfill their needs...
If you have given up in the meantime, then there will be no party for you!  Roll Eyes

Most people who got rich with bitcoin held on to their coins for atleast 1-2 years, before they couldn't resist selling a few at the Nov 2013 spike.
So, that seems to be the behaviour that leads to success. NOT daytrading.

I subscribe to every word. Hold on to your DRK for awhile and everything's gonna be allright.

An average user creates transactions volume, spreads the word about the coin and does many useful things. A currency won't be able to survive long term just by relying on a few loyal (long-sighted) users. If DRK aspires for mass-adoption, the average user should be catered to as well. Also your example of Bitcoin doesn't fit in the current picture. There was no competition back in 2009 hence people interested in digital currencies had no other options than stick to Bitcoin.

+1

It's very tiring to hear the "DRK elite club anthem" being sung so often by so many. There are three rules that are going to ensure DRK is successful:

1. Adoption
2. Adoption
3. Adoption

We need lots and lots of "average users" because it's adoption that will make it fly and fly high.

So georgem, while I can understand some of what you're inferring in relation to committed users in it for the long haul, I think your statement "F**k the average user" is the very epitome of what we DON'T want to do. We want to encourage all manner of people to take an interest in Darkcoin and learn why financial privacy (and eventually online privacy) is fundamental to a free society. We want these average users to be able to explain this to their friends and family. We want average people to become aware of what governments and big business the world over take from them on an hourly basis and how they can use Darkcoin to protect themselves and support financial liberty.

geez cjrist.  This is still in development.  you dont like the timeline and the drive to have a successful mature and hardened coin then please invest in another coin!  This argument has been hashed on here so often that its getting tiresome.   Do we look like morons here.... obviously a coin needs adoption by average joe to increase in value  and for to have utility... why the hell else would we have a coin to start with.  its insulting our intelligence here by stating the obvious.

This coin is IN DEVELOPMENT!   Thus adoption is not appropriate at this time yet.... that would be cart before the horse.   Those  that dont like the timeline... your free to leave the building.

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
bigrcanada

Activity: 588

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2014, 03:01:55 PM

On a more positive note... Id like to organize a Darkcoin community get together in the up coming year.  what are the thoughts to the idea? 

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
Propulsion

Activity: 658

The Buck Stops Here.

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 03:04:49 PM

On a more positive note... Id like to organize a Darkcoin community get together in the up coming year.  what are the thoughts to the idea?  

Hawaii or Barcelona.

Bring the wine.  Wink
fernando

Activity: 560

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 03:25:13 PM

On a more positive note... Id like to organize a Darkcoin community get together in the up coming year.  what are the thoughts to the idea?  

Hawaii or Barcelona.

Bring the wine.  Wink

I was planing to start attending btc meetups in Madrid (live there) and Barcelona (travel there several times per month) to do some evangelizing, and then start with Darkcoin meetups as soon as not being the only attendant was guaranteed. If there is quorum for Barcelona (or Madrid or somewhere in the South of Spain) I can organize.
Propulsion

Activity: 658

The Buck Stops Here.

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 03:38:28 PM

Hawaii or Barcelona.

Bring the wine.  Wink

I was planing to start attending btc meetups in Madrid (live there) and Barcelona (travel there several times per month) to do some evangelizing, and then start with Darkcoin meetups as soon as not being the only attendant was guaranteed. If there is quorum for Barcelona (or Madrid or somewhere in the South of Spain) I can organize.

I would totally go. Barcelona seems amazing.
har23

Activity: 310
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 03:40:00 PM

You like Barcelona for the girls and weeds :p
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 03:41:07 PM
Last edit: September 01, 2014, 03:55:26 PM by toknormal

Just a quick note On "Gotta have those Fundamentals"...

DRK on RC2 release: climb to 0.0277
DRK on RC4 release: nosedive to 0.004815

It has to be said that that really is some indictment on what has been the single most consistent theme of this entire thread - that the price will go to the "moon" and become unaffordable once the various release candidates are out.

I'm quite heavily invested in DRK - not as much as Bitcoin cos it would be against my principles to be (a now thoughroughly vindicated principle btw) - but my biggest single alt investment at 2 and a bit masternodes worth. I wrote that investment off long ago because I know that markets can take a different view of a product from my own, but geeeeeezzzz, the last couple of months must have been one big choking on humble pie learning process for some I imagine.

There are lots of things to be excited about with this project but one of them definitely isn't the price any more. I'm not saying that it couldn't one day take off again. DRK's approach to anonymity is largely unique and is becoming more mature with the passing of every week. At the same time, it could all turn out to be no more than an interesting experiment with no long term commercial impact. (I still lean towards the latter of those two in my own appraisal of the situation).

We are now at 17% of the late May price. Less than a fifth of the value at that time.

You can't blame this on "market manipulation", whales dumping or any other nonsense. Prices decline because there is more supply than demand - end of story. A large seller "checking out" only affects the price if there's insufficient demand.

I'm not surprised by this state of affairs because I was there in the MAZA, CINNI, JACKPOT, BLACK, YOUNAMEIT threads when people were saying "wait 6 months and...". The pattern was always the same. Luckily I made money on all of those by not swallowing the propaganda.

The difference here is that this is the only coin I've stayed invested in because I actually do think it has a future (technically at least if not as an investment vehicle).

All I can say is that it's been as interesting a socio-economic experiment as it has a technical one. I hope others will stay invested but with more realistic expectations (not much choice really, eh !!). The thread will return to it's pre-pump industrious character and we can continue to enjoy this project's long term technical evolution while maybe getting excited about the odd bump in market cap.

shojayxt
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 03:48:53 PM

It has to be said that that really is some indictment on what has been the single most consistent theme of this entire thread - that the price will go to the "moon" and become unaffordable once the various release candidates are out.

I'm quite heavily invested in DRK - not as much as Bitcoin cos it would be against my principles to be (a now thoughroughly vindicated principle btw) - but my biggest single alt investment at 2 and a bit masternodes worth. I wrote that investment off long ago because I know that markets can take a different view of a product from my own, but geeeeeezzzz, the last couple of months must have been one big choking on humble pie learning process for some I imagine.

There are lots of things to be excited about with this project but one of them definitely isn't the price any more. I'm not saying that it couldn't one day take off again. DRK's approach to anonymity is largely unique and is becoming more mature with the passing of every week. At the same time, it could all turn out to be no more than an interesting experiment with no long term commercial impact. (I still lean towards the latter of those two in my own appraisal of the situation).

We are now at 17% of the late May price. Less than a fifth of the value at that time.

You can't blame this on "market manipulation", whales dumping or any other nonsense. Prices change because there is more supply than demand - end of story. A large seller "checking out" only affects the price if there's insufficient demand.

I'm not surprised by this state of affairs because I was there in the MAZA, CINNI, JACKPOT, BLACK, YOUNAMEIT threads when people were saying "wait 6 months and...". The pattern was always the same. Luckily I made money on all of those by not swallowing the propaganda.

The difference here is that this is the only coin I've stayed invested in because I actually do think it has a future (technically at least if not as an investment vehicle).

All I can say is that it's been as interesting a socio-economic experiment as it has a technical one. I hope others will stay invested but with more realistic expectations (not much choice really, eh !!). The thread will return to it's pre-pump industrious character and we can continue to enjoy this project's long term technical evolution while maybe getting excited about the odd bump in market cap.

This is the most objective and accurate post I have read in this thread for a very long time.

Put your thick skin on because you're likely to get chewed on for stating facts.

TheTruth4

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 03:52:42 PM

Hawaii or Barcelona.

Bring the wine.  Wink

It's gotta be something neutral like Czech Republic or Germany Grin
Ignition75

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 04:01:26 PM

You can't blame this on "market manipulation", whales dumping or any other nonsense. Prices decline because there is more supply than demand - end of story. A large seller "checking out" only affects the price if there's insufficient demand.

Didn't BTC climb to $20 then go down to $2, or thereabouts? I would love to see some of the conversation on BCT when it was $2, all the soul searching and philosophy that would have bubbled to the surface... Reading those conversations through the lenses of hindsight would be rather interesting to say the least...

The new generation have arrived and they brought their own currency...
annoyingorange

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 04:05:05 PM

You can't blame this on "market manipulation", whales dumping or any other nonsense. Prices change because there is more supply than demand - end of story. A large seller "checking out" only affects the price if there's insufficient demand.

This is the most objective and accurate post I have read in this thread for a very long time.

Put your thick skin on because you're likely to get chewed on for stating facts.

I agree with pretty much everything that's been said here. However DRK will lose the chunk of the user base that is mainly interested in price speculation. And there's two sides to that coin, first - DRK will lose on transactions volume and market cap; and second - the DRK community will become more refined which is great.
Pages: « 1 ... 2807 2808 2809 2810 2811 2812 2813 2814 2815 2816 2817 2818 2819 2820 2821 2822 2823 2824 2825 2826 2827 2828 2829 2830 2831 2832 2833 2834 2835 2836 2837 2838 2839 2840 2841 2842 2843 2844 2845 2846 2847 2848 2849 2850 2851 2852 2853 2854 2855 2856 [2857] 2858 2859 2860 2861 2862 2863 2864 2865 2866 2867 2868 2869 2870 2871 2872 2873 2874 2875 2876 2877 2878 2879 2880 2881 2882 2883 2884 2885 2886 2887 2888 2889 2890 2891 2892 2893 2894 2895 2896 2897 2898 2899 2900 2901 2902 2903 2904 2905 2906 2907 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: