Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 09:18:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2821 2822 2823 2824 2825 2826 2827 2828 2829 2830 2831 2832 2833 2834 2835 2836 2837 2838 2839 2840 2841 2842 2843 2844 2845 2846 2847 2848 2849 2850 2851 2852 2853 2854 2855 2856 2857 2858 2859 2860 2861 2862 2863 2864 2865 2866 2867 2868 2869 2870 [2871] 2872 2873 2874 2875 2876 2877 2878 2879 2880 2881 2882 2883 2884 2885 2886 2887 2888 2889 2890 2891 2892 2893 2894 2895 2896 2897 2898 2899 2900 2901 2902 2903 2904 2905 2906 2907 2908 2909 2910 2911 2912 2913 2914 2915 2916 2917 2918 2919 2920 2921 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722683 times)
Ignition75

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 10:28:57 AM

Ha! You have a great imagination Ignition75. Yes it may well be that the 3letters guv agencies become big users, but you can bet they'll mask it with a façade of "using it for investigative purposes".

I'm predicting they will view anon crypto the same way they view smokers.  Publicly they will condemn them where in private they wouldn't be able to balance the books without their taxes...

The new generation have arrived and they brought their own currency...
mahowi

Activity: 142
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 11:39:23 AM

https://www.coingateway.net/  <------ BOMBARD them with emails about accepting us... It about time they give us the spot since we won that voting round 2 weeks back!!!!! This is a nice additive feature to have for DarkCoin.

There has a fee of 2-5 BTC to be paid to get listed:

Implementing an alternate Crypto-Coin

Our requirement list is very simple, we require a coin to be listed at a reputable exchange e.g. Cryptsy, Bittrex, (Mintpal is Recommended), have a reasonable amount of volume and have a good user base. Finally we require a listing fee between 2 - 5 BTC (Low Risk - Medium Risk - High Risk) depending on the requirements. If you would like any more information, please do not hesitate to mail us at support@coingateway.net or contact our live support at the bottom right hand corner.

The fee is used to stock up on the alternate coin reserves as well as handling server resources and development time.

DRK: Xeojbw5gDNtvCbUK7VXaDqfyNU29ahqavB
BTC: 1K5hJ1wiRJ9mAWwn9pLzjst18jTa1benHT
LTC: LiUgyndo4sibahGEyuw8ymphciaq7tbS9a
BiteMyShinyMetalAss

Activity: 617
Merit: 509

Crypto Card - https://platinum.crypto.com/r/28cz7d

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 11:50:06 AM

https://www.coingateway.net/  <------ BOMBARD them with emails about accepting us... It about time they give us the spot since we won that voting round 2 weeks back!!!!! This is a nice additive feature to have for DarkCoin.

Our requirement list is very simple, we require a coin to be listed at a reputable exchange e.g. Cryptsy, Bittrex, (Mintpal is Recommended), have a reasonable amount of volume and have a good user base. Finally we require a listing fee between 2 - 5 BTC (Low Risk - Medium Risk - High Risk) depending on the requirements. If you would like any more information, please do not hesitate to mail us at support@coingateway.net or contact our live support at the bottom right hand corner.

The fee is used to stock up on the alternate coin reserves as well as handling server resources and development time.

They charge 2.5% fee and still demand 5 BTC to enlist a coin. :/

The best lending rates in 1 place www.21bitcoin.eu/interests
NEXO, CELSIUS, CDC and other tax reports www.21bitcoin.eu
thefrog

Activity: 393

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 12:00:23 PM

They charge 2.5% fee and still demand 5 BTC to enlist a coin. :/

I use these

https://www.coinpayments.net/

0.5 % fee
and easy to integrate api for webshop
janos666

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 12:12:45 PM

LOL. Not that it would directly make a dereference about the legitimacy of any spoken words but the guy sounds like he was drunk/high(/mad/retard). Tongue
Galahad111

Activity: 340
Merit: 122

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 12:39:24 PM

Is it sheer bad luck that I have not received any MN payments since I last Updated it on the Aug 22nd or is there something not right with this updated MN?

Here is a clipping of my MN from https://drk.mn/masternodes.html . I had help with the update and now I've been wondering what I should do next? Please give me a shout out if you can tell what in Sam Hill is going on?  Huh

woul
Thank You. Peace.

Taking a look there are like 6 nodes older than yours with no payments, so you are not alone, and it seems you have one of the unlucky nodes that complete the curve. It has been 8 days so it does not seem as an exaggeration. What I would do if I were you is enter the raffle with a new ticket, transfer the coins to a new address, create a new vps, terminate your current one, generate a new masternode key, that way you start fresh with a new ticket. Now you can decide when to do this, but taking into account that some nodes get paid quick and others have to wait longer based on the deterministic algorithm I would take my chances with a completely new install. Already did this with an unlucky node.

I really appreciate your advice. Thank you.
Terzo

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 12:54:31 PM

Big buy orders are comming ! I told you so !

Here is some update from Evan (Darkcointalk) :
Quote from: eduffield, post: 18663, member: 104
I think it's good to remember that when the RC2 issues happened I was working completely alone. That means that all bug fixes, reporting, communication and literally everything else was coming from only me. Since then we've gained a loyal team of people helping out part time with the project. We've made huge leaps in progress from then to now including nearly finishing Darksend (I'm open sourcing it in a couple weeks), getting a foundation started and getting a better vision of what we want Darkcoin to be in the future.

There's also talk about core architecture needing to be completely redone? That's definitely not true at all. Darksend is pretty much in the form that it will be released in. I have a couple of security updates to make, some commenting and we're finished and ready to go.

In short I'm not even sure what the problem is. The project is trending up and we're making huge progress. The only thing lagging is the price. I would guess that's what's causing the nervousness in the community. Because everything else is solid. The price will eventually follow the progress, it just takes time for one to start influencing the other.

Quote from: eduffield, post: 18684, member: 104
1.) These are the types of things I'm working on right now for RC5. I'll make a note and see if I can reproduce the encryption freezing issue
2.) This is a known issue, http://jira.darkcoin.qa/browse/DRK-40 . It's probably the next thing I'll fix
3.) I think I need to focus on documentation, videos and the like to get the word out that we have a working methodology and product. Maybe that's what I'll do after RC5, it should help with attracting users.
4.) I'm not too concerned about this . The crypto I use in DS is very well understood, and the processes are robust and secure. Also it's worth noting that the masternode code in it's entirety has been open source for a few months now with no exploits. DS+ uses a lot of the same logic to secure it's transactions.

Quote from: eduffield, post: 18808, member: 104
Testnet usage of Darksend has died down and it's shifted to mainnet. I don't think it's a bug, it's just there's no one that has your combination of denominations to merge with. You have a couple of options:

1.) Start a second client and anonymize the same amount. They'll seek each other out and should work fine.
2.) I'm going to be starting testing of RC5 in the next day or two on testnet. This will bring a lot of users back to testnet and you should have parties to join with again.
anonymousxx1503

Activity: 532

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 01:35:47 PM

I think it's good to remember that when the RC2 issues happened I was working completely alone. That means that all bug fixes, reporting, communication and literally everything else was coming from only me. Since then we've gained a loyal team of people helping out part time with the project. We've made huge leaps in progress from then to now including nearly finishing Darksend (I'm open sourcing it in a couple weeks), getting a foundation started and getting a better vision of what we want Darkcoin to be in the future.

There's also talk about core architecture needing to be completely redone? That's definitely not true at all. Darksend is pretty much in the form that it will be released in. I have a couple of security updates to make, some commenting and we're finished and ready to go.

In short I'm not even sure what the problem is. The project is trending up and we're making huge progress. The only thing lagging is the price. I would guess that's what's causing the nervousness in the community. Because everything else is solid. The price will eventually follow the progress, it just takes time for one to start influencing the other.

1.) These are the types of things I'm working on right now for RC5. I'll make a note and see if I can reproduce the encryption freezing issue
2.) This is a known issue, http://jira.darkcoin.qa/browse/DRK-40 . It's probably the next thing I'll fix
3.) I think I need to focus on documentation, videos and the like to get the word out that we have a working methodology and product. Maybe that's what I'll do after RC5, it should help with attracting users.
4.) I'm not too concerned about this . The crypto I use in DS is very well understood, and the processes are robust and secure. Also it's worth noting that the masternode code in it's entirety has been open source for a few months now with no exploits. DS+ uses a lot of the same logic to secure it's transactions.

Testnet usage of Darksend has died down and it's shifted to mainnet. I don't think it's a bug, it's just there's no one that has your combination of denominations to merge with. You have a couple of options:

1.) Start a second client and anonymize the same amount. They'll seek each other out and should work fine.
2.) I'm going to be starting testing of RC5 in the next day or two on testnet. This will bring a lot of users back to testnet and you should have parties to join with again.

Evan and the entire team have done amazing work, that's for sure. As for exploiting that work to the maximum of the potential (price wise), I'd suggest avoiding a ninja launch for RC5. If you think you need 2 weeks to open source the code and finish RC5, say it's going to be released on a fixed date in 3 weeks. Cryptos do need some hype and build up price wise and since people usually buy the rumor and sell the news, when you announce the news without the rumor, expectations are lowered.

RC5 = Hype it up

I know it's not all about the price, but there's seemingly no reason to not get a few waves going and make some headlines that way too. "Darkcoin RC5 incoming, price rises 250% in anticipation"

I'd like to thank eduffield and the other developers for this critically important evolution in virtual currency. DarkCoin is what bitcoin should have been. Some might call it "Bitcoin 2.0" but would do better by saying: "DarkCoin is digital cash." - Child Harold - February 28, 2014
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg5424980#msg5424980
dotnetmin

Activity: 756

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 01:39:06 PM

People should listen to Jim Willie's interview recently.

This is the most clearly articulated and viable explanation of what's going on in the world right now regarding geopolitical financial manoeuvrings.

Quite amazing stuff imo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgOUazLGdhc

I am watching his comments over years now and most of his arguments are pure truth but US government is still strong enough to hide all issues and is playing the game with their friends from FED.
Both together manipulate the whole world with their games in the background and want to keep all citizens as their puppets.
If you read his stuff first time you wish to have a lot of gold and silver to survice over the next months.
Reality is that nothing happend in the past, not because he is wrong but US is stronger than all other manipulators.
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 01:59:48 PM

Where are these quotes coming from ?
splawik21
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

DASH is the future of crypto payments!

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 02:00:43 PM

Evan and the entire team have done amazing work, that's for sure. As for exploiting that work to the maximum of the potential (price wise), I'd suggest avoiding a ninja launch for RC5. If you think you need 2 weeks to open source the code and finish RC5, say it's going to be released on a fixed date in 3 weeks. Cryptos do need some hype and build up price wise and since people usually buy the rumor and sell the news, when you announce the news without the rumor, expectations are lowered.

RC5 = Hype it up

I know it's not all about the price, but there's seemingly no reason to not get a few waves going and make some headlines that way too. "Darkcoin RC5 incoming, price rises 250% in anticipation"
THIS! I agree, we need rumor now, and after opening that offical info.

BE SMART, USE DASH ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
KryptoFoo

Activity: 350

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 02:03:53 PM

DRK has (slightly) broken through the downtrend line from late May. Hopefully we can gain some momentum and follow through. Looks like next resistance may be found at the 1d 30 EMA then the previous reaction high of .0087

All systems go and ready for launch

Ignition75

Activity: 462

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 02:33:21 PM

Shojayxt, call your friends, all of them, use the red phone...

I need the price to stay low for just a few more weeks  Huh

The new generation have arrived and they brought their own currency...
tungfa
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 02:36:06 PM

just made a wallet
Xq5txGNk8NnT1wrG75RaxqSHRd6CUMPyM2
hope to do trading Smiley

Why don't you go to Mintpal ?
 Cool
tungfa
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 02:47:48 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
One day, DRKcoin could be upon the door step of the Supreme Court of your Nation State
../

God Dam are you dramatic !
I am having goose bumps all over
please stop , you are scaring the children .... ahhhhhhhh
 Wink
BiteMyShinyMetalAss

Activity: 617
Merit: 509

Crypto Card - https://platinum.crypto.com/r/28cz7d

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 02:51:19 PM

So the guy who sold celeb photos for bitcoin, he should really have used darkcoin...

The best lending rates in 1 place www.21bitcoin.eu/interests
NEXO, CELSIUS, CDC and other tax reports www.21bitcoin.eu
TheTruth4

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 03:20:37 PM

RC5 = Hype it up

250% is a bit over the edge  Grin we don't even need the price to go up now. let's keep it affordable for average income folk until DRK is ready to go in full gear.  
Minotaur26
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 03:21:01 PM

Where are these quotes coming from ?

www.darkcointalk.org
safepalm

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 03:25:50 PM

Apparently from this post : https://darkcointalk.org/threads/losing-faith-in-drk.2210/

But honestly Evan's answers don't address OP's concerns afaik!
bit1
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 03:37:42 PM

DarkHolders please support this:    https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=767343.msg8643730#msg8643730
Pages: « 1 ... 2821 2822 2823 2824 2825 2826 2827 2828 2829 2830 2831 2832 2833 2834 2835 2836 2837 2838 2839 2840 2841 2842 2843 2844 2845 2846 2847 2848 2849 2850 2851 2852 2853 2854 2855 2856 2857 2858 2859 2860 2861 2862 2863 2864 2865 2866 2867 2868 2869 2870 [2871] 2872 2873 2874 2875 2876 2877 2878 2879 2880 2881 2882 2883 2884 2885 2886 2887 2888 2889 2890 2891 2892 2893 2894 2895 2896 2897 2898 2899 2900 2901 2902 2903 2904 2905 2906 2907 2908 2909 2910 2911 2912 2913 2914 2915 2916 2917 2918 2919 2920 2921 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: