Bitcoin Forum
July 13, 2024, 05:41:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2837 2838 2839 2840 2841 2842 2843 2844 2845 2846 2847 2848 2849 2850 2851 2852 2853 2854 2855 2856 2857 2858 2859 2860 2861 2862 2863 2864 2865 2866 2867 2868 2869 2870 2871 2872 2873 2874 2875 2876 2877 2878 2879 2880 2881 2882 2883 2884 2885 2886 [2887] 2888 2889 2890 2891 2892 2893 2894 2895 2896 2897 2898 2899 2900 2901 2902 2903 2904 2905 2906 2907 2908 2909 2910 2911 2912 2913 2914 2915 2916 2917 2918 2919 2920 2921 2922 2923 2924 2925 2926 2927 2928 2929 2930 2931 2932 2933 2934 2935 2936 2937 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722741 times)
splawik21
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

DASH is the future of crypto payments!

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 06:28:59 PM

From Darkcoin talk:

-tungfa : ''Send anonymous text messages and pay in DRK ...>>>
http://www.bitsms.eu''

-vertoe : ''Cool just tested, for 0.1 DRK you can send a txt anywhere in the world. Nice!''

-r-ando : ''Well that is certainly useful, people can now officially send anonymous text messages again using anonymous Darkcoin!

Darkcoin: Freedom has evolved

And If we eventually have a safeweb option (even IP obfuscation alone to start) for the coin to be used with, no one will ever be able to tell where the message came from. Text messages evolved, especially if an app is developed specially for Darkcoin so people can start using this feature to send all their text messages from their phones Smiley Apparently text messaging is a popular thing? Wink

An app that connects you to the master node safe web at the same time...? So, using a principle similar to Skype but anonymous and secure, people could bypass the text message service of their regular text message providers and opt for a more secure solution. This would be very useful for business worldwide especially if it was easy to setup once and then ran automatically on phones. It could replace services such as BBM which have actually been proven to not be fully secure and yet have led to the creation of billion dollar companies. This something people should immediately recognize as valuable.

Eventually email could also be figured out, and instead of only having 1 time pay access for messaging, anonymous accounts could be created and you could have anonymous monthly subscriptions payed in DRK through anonymous accounts.... All this would run through the nodes because the coins run through the nodes and also two times with a safeweb. Thanks for the information!

Just this one feature is a big deal, imagine everything else that is coming Smiley ''

+1 sms Wink hehe works cool, and the payment I did worked in seconds LOL what a speed!

BE SMART, USE DASH ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
splawik21
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

DASH is the future of crypto payments!

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 06:29:56 PM

haha, 105 BTC sell wall  Grin .
GOOD! at least we can buy still cheap coins Smiley

BE SMART, USE DASH ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
KryptoFoo

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 06:50:08 PM

haha, 105 BTC sell wall  Grin .
GOOD! at least we can buy still cheap coins Smiley

The whales have awoken and want more drk
stonehedge
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 07:14:20 PM

I'm not very knowledgeable with these matters.

Is a sell wall simply a method of keeping prices down for a while or are there other possible strategies behind them?
r-ando

Activity: 246

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 07:15:58 PM

From Darkcoin talk:

-tungfa : ''Send anonymous text messages and pay in DRK ...>>>
http://www.bitsms.eu''

-vertoe : ''Cool just tested, for 0.1 DRK you can send a txt anywhere in the world. Nice!''

-r-ando : ''Well that is certainly useful, people can now officially send anonymous text messages again using anonymous Darkcoin!

Darkcoin: Freedom has evolved

And If we eventually have a safeweb option (even IP obfuscation alone to start) for the coin to be used with, no one will ever be able to tell where the message came from. Text messages evolved, especially if an app is developed specially for Darkcoin so people can start using this feature to send all their text messages from their phones Smiley Apparently text messaging is a popular thing? Wink

An app that connects you to the master node safe web at the same time...? So, using a principle similar to Skype but anonymous and secure, people could bypass the text message service of their regular text message providers and opt for a more secure solution. This would be very useful for business worldwide especially if it was easy to setup once and then ran automatically on phones. It could replace services such as BBM which have actually been proven to not be fully secure and yet have led to the creation of billion dollar companies. This something people should immediately recognize as valuable.

Eventually email could also be figured out, and instead of only having 1 time pay access for messaging, anonymous accounts could be created and you could have anonymous monthly subscriptions payed in DRK through anonymous accounts.... All this would run through the nodes because the coins run through the nodes and also two times with a safeweb. Thanks for the information!

Just this one feature is a big deal, imagine everything else that is coming Smiley ''

+1 sms Wink hehe works cool, and the payment I did worked in seconds LOL what a speed!

https://darkcointalk.org/threads/could-a-dtn-safe-web-eventually-become-a-universal-platform-or-shell-for-phones-and-computers.2257/

Will we eventually be able to offer a full depth and range of secure communications products, including all those currently offered through Skype and phone service providers? Could this effectively with time transform Darkcoin into a universal operating system? Thank you for your thoughts on this beautiful day.  Smiley

Every moment is like a falling leaf. Seize the moments within the moment.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2014, 07:18:57 PM

Is a sell wall simply a method of keeping prices down for a while or are there other possible strategies behind them?
Well it's usually used to manipulate market to either keep the prices at the same level or make people lose confidence and push it down.
I don't like when this is being done, but it's up to the traders. They don't really care about a coin, they just trade for profit.
Now, while looking at the marketcaps today I must say the day has been good. Most coins have had some gains, with DRK having over 20%.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
stonehedge
Legendary

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 07:21:28 PM

Well it's usually used to manipulate market to either keep the prices at the same level or make people lose confidence and push it down.
I don't like when this is being done, but it's up to the traders. They don't really care about a coin, they just trade for profit.
Now, while looking at the marketcaps today I must say the day has been good. Most coins have had some gains, with DRK having over 20%.

Thanks for that

I assume that the upwards kick at the end of the chart will get steeper as people place sell orders in the hope that they can cash in just in case a whale gobbles the wall up and price rockets.  I guess that is unlikely given the supply but I bet its easy to get your fingers burned trying to play with a whale!
KryptoFoo

Activity: 350

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 07:23:23 PM

I suppose somebody may really want to sell the 15k DRK, and is applying some kind of a "storm the castle" approach: in an uptrend, rather than layering the sell offers in multiple smaller amounts, they challenge the buyers to attack the wall. As it starts to get chipped away, the buying may accelerate until it falls. If that works, then they may have set their ask too low!

However, I tend toward the other explanation that somebody wants to hold the price down and accumulate more, now that they see the action is hot on drk
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 07:24:12 PM

http://www.forexminute.com/bitcoin/cryptocurrency-trading-news-bitcoin-picks-momentum-litecoin-darkcoin-rockets-43656

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
HinnomTX

Activity: 525
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 07:24:51 PM

The European Central Bank has cut interest rates from 0.15% to 0.05% - pretty soon they'll you'll be actually paying you them to borrow their worthless paper.  Grin
Fixed above. This is sad but true. Deposits in Europe are slowly being confiscated, not just through inflation, but through fees outright. UNBELIEVABLE.  It's no wonder we have cryptocurrencies. They were born of necessity.

"One can only solve so much with cryptography. The rest of the solution will prove to be economic in nature." -Evan Duffield
Dash is Digital Cash.  https://www.dash.org
ultradar

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 07:25:33 PM

We need 140-200 btc supply to push the price at 0.01 before the RC5 and open source ...se we can get ready for the moon...let the big whales put their hands on darkcoin before its too late for them Tongue
stonehedge
Legendary

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 07:25:54 PM

I suppose somebody may really want to sell the 15k DRK, and is applying some kind of a "storm the castle" approach: in an uptrend, rather than layering the sell offers in multiple smaller amounts, they challenge the buyers to attack the wall. As it starts to get chipped away, the buying may accelerate until it falls. If that works, then they may have set their ask too low!

However, I tend toward the other explanation that somebody wants to hold the price down and accumulate more, now that they see the action is hot on drk

Thank you also.
camosoul

Activity: 560

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2014, 07:35:06 PM

We need 140-200 btc supply to push the price at 0.01 before the RC5 and open source ...se we can get ready for the moon...let the big whales put their hands on darkcoin before its too late for them Tongue
There have been many weak-hand shakeouts. I don't thin there is anyone left willing to part with that much DRK. I think this will fill:

1) Gradually as miners sell.
2) Spike really hard as there just isn't anyone willing to sell this cheap.

There's going to be a standoff with huge deltas between buy and sell with the exception of the mining trickle and fool/bot dust.

Buyers will eventually realize that they aren't going to hold it back and the damn will burst as they all panic buy regardless of the delta.

I really can't get excited until I see .025+, and even then, I might crack a smirk, but that's about it.

.OROCOIN.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
stonehedge
Legendary

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 07:38:44 PM

There have been many weak-hand shakeouts. I don't thin there is anyone left willing to part with that much DRK. I think this will fill:

There's going to be a standoff with huge deltas between buy and sell with the exception of the mining trickle and fool/bot dust.

Buyers will eventually realize that they aren't going to hold it back and the damn will burst as they all panic buy regardless of the delta.

I really can't 'get excited' until I see .025+

I couldn't think of a better incentive for mining to increase if you happen to live in a location with viable power prices. 

The status quo that you describe would also provide momentum to chip designers to work on X11 ASICs.
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2014, 07:43:50 PM

I couldn't think of a better incentive for mining to increase if you happen to live in a location with viable power prices.  

The status quo that you describe would also provide momentum to chip designers to work on X11 ASICs.
xpool.ca - Where my Neptunes are about to start mining. Maybe look into some other SHA256/DR multipools... But frankly, if it's not DRK, all I'm doing is paying fees to trade it for DRK.

IMNSHO, there is no such thing as a coin that should not be sold to buy DRK.

Why do we need an X11 ASIC when you can do that? The only X11 ASIC that even makes sense is a tiny, cheap, pico-power just-for-fun kind of thing. As long as DRK exists, it's going to make x11 mining hugely unbalanced in favor of futures. Once "acceptance" level is reached, there won't be anything profitable about mining. The only sensible heavy box is one that can switch, and SHA256/DR is a hash that a multi-pool would be stupid not to support.

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 07:46:37 PM

Sir Crouton

Are there any particular difficulties with getting multisig working on Electrum?

LTC progress and on Bitcointalk

Does Electrum support sending to multi-signature addresses?

Yes Electrum does support sending to multisig addresses or P2SH addresses (addresses starting with '3').

https://electrum.org/es/faq.html#sending-to-P2SH-addresses
stonehedge
Legendary

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 07:47:56 PM

xpool.ca - Where my Neptunes are about to start mining. Maybe look into some other SHA256/DR multipools... But frankly, if it's not DRK, all I'm doing is paying fees to trade it for DRK.

IMNSHO, there is no such thing as a coin that should not be sold to buy DRK.

Why do we need an X11 ASIC when you can do that? The only X11 ASIC that even makes sense is a tiny, cheap, pico-power just-for-fun kind of thing.

I don't personally see a need for it but where there is demand there might be a technological solution.  X11 has never been described as ASIC proof as far as I know.  I know even less about mining than I do about trading so I'll park it there.  I can easily agree with you that if its not DRK it gets traded for DRK.  

I'm even thinking about selling some watches.  I never thought I'd type those words.
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2014, 07:52:28 PM

I'm even thinking about selling some watches.  I never thought I'd type those words.
I already sold all but one!

Now, guns... No. Haven't sold any guns. Strong chance I could need them at any given moment...

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
Minotaur26
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 08:06:16 PM

I just anonymized 1000tDRK using 8 rounds of mixing, process started at 12:45 pm and ended at 14:35 pm so 1hour and 50 minutes for the whole thing. I am super pleased with the process, it was easy and the system responded immediately after I set the parameters.  After this, I think I am going to stick with the 8 rounds of mixing going forward. Very cool. I think everybody should take the RC5 wallet for a spin.
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2014, 08:14:25 PM

I just anonymized 1000tDRK using 8 rounds of mixing, process started at 12:45 pm and ended at 14:35 pm so 1hour and 50 minutes for the whole thing. I am super pleased with the process, it was easy and the system responded immediately after I set the parameters.  After this, I think I am going to stick with the 8 rounds of mixing going forward. Very cool. I think everybody should take the RC5 wallet for a spin.
Lets not neglect to mention; TESTNET

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
Pages: « 1 ... 2837 2838 2839 2840 2841 2842 2843 2844 2845 2846 2847 2848 2849 2850 2851 2852 2853 2854 2855 2856 2857 2858 2859 2860 2861 2862 2863 2864 2865 2866 2867 2868 2869 2870 2871 2872 2873 2874 2875 2876 2877 2878 2879 2880 2881 2882 2883 2884 2885 2886 [2887] 2888 2889 2890 2891 2892 2893 2894 2895 2896 2897 2898 2899 2900 2901 2902 2903 2904 2905 2906 2907 2908 2909 2910 2911 2912 2913 2914 2915 2916 2917 2918 2919 2920 2921 2922 2923 2924 2925 2926 2927 2928 2929 2930 2931 2932 2933 2934 2935 2936 2937 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: