Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 10:49:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2852 2853 2854 2855 2856 2857 2858 2859 2860 2861 2862 2863 2864 2865 2866 2867 2868 2869 2870 2871 2872 2873 2874 2875 2876 2877 2878 2879 2880 2881 2882 2883 2884 2885 2886 2887 2888 2889 2890 2891 2892 2893 2894 2895 2896 2897 2898 2899 2900 2901 [2902] 2903 2904 2905 2906 2907 2908 2909 2910 2911 2912 2913 2914 2915 2916 2917 2918 2919 2920 2921 2922 2923 2924 2925 2926 2927 2928 2929 2930 2931 2932 2933 2934 2935 2936 2937 2938 2939 2940 2941 2942 2943 2944 2945 2946 2947 2948 2949 2950 2951 2952 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722553 times)
camosoul

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2014, 02:23:40 AM
Last edit: September 08, 2014, 02:42:16 AM by camosoul

Would there be any benefit to me writing a bot which scrapes this thread for new posts and maintains a complete history so there is evidence of exactly which posts are being removed and just so the content isn't actually lost?
That would be very cool :-)
If that idea were tangible, and had boobs, I would make bad decisions in it's company.

I need me one of these: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sdmIvx_n5c

.OROCOIN.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2014, 02:24:26 AM

Would there be any benefit to me writing a bot which scrapes this thread for new posts and maintains a complete history so there is evidence of exactly which posts are being removed and just so the content isn't actually lost?
Might get your IP banned ... if you scrape too fast too often.

But it would be great to have a tool like that.
Use MN network to scrape from multiple locations at long enough intervals from each so as not to be noticed....

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2014, 02:34:20 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jaczx_0ItvI&feature=youtu.be&t=28m52s

Notice that this is one of their highest rated episodes. Looking for some love back from the Bitcoin Group for helping with the ratings  Wink

Kristov racist? I listened again to make sure. His comment didn't sound racist at all.

However, I seem to remember that Charlie Lee was born in Africa or something. So I'm not sure he is Chinese. Maybe African-Chinese-American. Absolutely nothing to do with Charlie Lee being Chinese. People shouldn't drag criticism down to something its not.
Lol, playing a card right out of the Democrat Propaganda Handbook, page 1.

If you have to resort to name-calling because you have no leg to stand on in your argument; make that name "racist."

When people start using this tactic, it means they've lost and can only use smears to distract and try to gain support.

I'm glad to see Kristov's reply. Smart man. Baseless accusations of "racist" are racist themselves. Democrats never left the plantation...

Is he not, in fact, Chinese and smiling? Facts are racism? Yeah, same old song and dance...

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
Ignition75

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 03:51:47 AM

It's taking less and less to push the DRK price around, that MN count just keeps growing as well...

The new generation have arrived and they brought their own currency...
naxin

Activity: 170
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 04:09:41 AM

Notice that this is one of their highest rated episodes. Looking for some love back from the Bitcoin Group for helping with the ratings  Wink

Kristov racist? I listened again to make sure. His comment didn't sound racist at all.

However, I seem to remember that Charlie Lee was born in Africa or something. So I'm not sure he is Chinese. Maybe African-Chinese-American. Absolutely nothing to do with Charlie Lee being Chinese. People shouldn't drag criticism down to something its not.

If you have to resort to name-calling because you have no leg to stand on in your argument; make that name "racist."

When people start using this tactic, it means they've lost and can only use smears to distract and try to gain support.

I'm glad to see Kristov's reply. Smart man. Baseless accusations of "racist" are racist themselves. Democrats never left the plantation...

Is he not, in fact, Chinese and smiling? Facts are racism? Yeah, same old song and dance...

camo I've read a lot of your posts and if you are being honest in them, I think I can make these claims with a reasonable level of accuracy. You are not offended easily, and could care less what anyone has to say about you. You have no problem sticking your middle finger to the world. These can be very good traits, you're resilient and won't get frazzled at the littlest bit of criticism towards you.

But there is one very unfortunate things I've also noticed. You don't appear to understand that at a fundamental level, many people are different from you. They do get offended and care way too much what other people think.

It's really easy when you don't care about something to say how easy it is to not care. But for other people, it truly is a fundamental part of who they are, not something they have had any choice in. I'm not going to tell you what to do (because a.) it absolutely is not my place and b.) it's not like you'd even listen Wink) but I would like to give you a suggestion for something to consider.

Without walking a mile in someone elses shoes empathy is _hard_, but it is impossible if you don't stop to consider that other people don't share your resilience - that they do get offended at things you wouldn't get offended at.

So why do I say any of this? Because racism is an incredibly hard issue to discuss when you come at it without stretching your ability to be empathetic. If Joe feels like Bob is being racist towards him, at the end of the day it doesn't matter whether Bob was trying to be racist or not. Joe was truly offended, something he should not have to feel. Just because Bob didn't think it was racist doesn't absolve him from the matter. Most of the time racism isn't coming from people who are *trying* to be racist. But it also doesn't inherently mean Bob is a bad person or is a racist. That is purely situational. So where is the line drawn? What if a poll was taken of society in general, and 99% of respondents said they didn't think Bob was being racist at all? This is where things fall apart. Bob going through life being a racist and offending lots of people is not good. But everyone having to walk around on their tiptoes, scared to ever speak so they won't offend, this is not any better. So as a result, over the last century it seems to me it fluctuates in a cyclical pattern. I think the last decade has seen a quick shift towards the toptoeing around side of things.

An unfortunate consequence of this that will be largely ignored is while many people may experience less bigotry and what not, there are people who do become sortof disenfranchised when the pendulum swings to the other side. People like yourself, who don't give a fuck if someone calls them a name. I can't say for sure, but I'm willing to bet you're not at all racist. But you get vilified as if you were because you don't give the same amount of fucks as they do. Just like I said you weren't being empathetic enough to other people, they aren't being empathetic enough towards you!!!

But defending a "racist" doesn't get anyone elected and is more likely to get you fired than anything, so you end up on your own in the battle.

Here is the real kicker though, where I do have a problem with your comment. Racism is a very real and psychologically damaging thing that causes a great deal of suffering. I understand what you're saying when you say the word 'racist' is used as a "oh shit I'm wrong, last resort defense" thing. I've seen it happen, and anyone who hasn't is probably lying to themselves.

And I think people using it that way are worse than racists themselves. Because it ends up making the issue equivalent to crying wolf. It desensitizes people and over time leads them to just ignore it all together.

But it is preposterous to outright reject a claim of racism no matter the political affiliation of the person making the claim, that only serves to create a world where racism is in fact an issue, because no one will take it seriously, the racists have free reign to run around without consequence because no one will take the victims seriously.

tl;dr: Everyone needs to be more empathetic to people who at fundamental levels are much different. And I do mean everyone, if you think someone is being racist you need to be empathetic with them as well. Did they say what they did to hurt you, or because they don't find it anywhere near as offensive as you do, and wouldn't spend a single second thinking about it if it was said to them? If you first empathize with them and realize it is the later, calling them a racist makes the issue worse. It devalues the word racist in the mind of the person you're saying it to, because they don't find anything about it racist. Instead, you need to explain to them how and why it is offensive, don't even use the word racism, and help them to empathize with you. This way when true racism is occurring, when it is reported on people don't immediately disregard it because it has been falsely used too many times.
CryptoPleb

Activity: 196

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 04:25:16 AM

I know it wasn't your intention but I am deeply offended by your post, please delete it for me. Thank you.

_evolution_

Activity: 140

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 04:27:01 AM

But defending a "racist" doesn't get anyone elected and is more likely to get you fired than anything, so you end up on your own in the battle.

Here is the real kicker though, where I do have a problem with your comment. Racism is a very real and psychologically damaging thing that causes a great deal of suffering. I understand what you're saying when you say the word 'racist' is used as a "oh shit I'm wrong, last resort defense" thing. I've seen it happen, and anyone who hasn't is probably lying to themselves.

How do you call a Chinese guy? Right - Chinese guy. So what's your point except the gibberish?
naxin

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 04:47:43 AM

How do you call a Chinese guy? Right - Chinese guy. So what's your point except the gibberish?

That when you ignore that everyone else in the world has a different worldview than yourself, you degrade society as a whole. I don't see a need to rehash my post.

I never at any point said that the comment was racist. Far from it. If you read my post you would see how I would actually say that calling it a racist statement is degrading to the term racist.

But at the same time if someone is offended by the comment it doesn't matter if you find it racist or not. You offended them plain and simple. And if people simply acknowledged that and moved on, there would be need for the politically correct bullshit we see all the time. But because people just insist they weren't racist and the other person shouldn't have been offended, people are continually offended by things they find racist, and the movement towards political correctness gets more and more supporters.
naxin

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 04:54:16 AM

If he said some Canadian guy or some English guy then no one would have gave a shit. Sometimes people do not carry their own opinions, they carry the opinion that has been shoved down their throats for years through some carefully constructed methods for some other entities agenda.

There is no question that people have had their opinion manipulated. But that doesn't matter in the slightest (for this topic at least). If they feel offended, they are only going to have a stronger opinion towards the entity shoving it down their throat. It literally only makes the problem worse, something said entity knows, and everyone who disregards the feelings of the person who feels victimized only makes it worse for themselves as they give more power to said entity. You literally are playing right into their hand.
_evolution_

Activity: 140

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 05:07:15 AM

That when you ignore that everyone else in the world has a different worldview than yourself, you degrade society as a whole. I don't see a need to rehash my post.

I never at any point said that the comment was racist. Far from it. If you read my post you would see how I would actually say that calling it a racist statement is degrading to the term racist.

But at the same time if someone is offended by the comment it doesn't matter if you find it racist or not. You offended them plain and simple. And if people simply acknowledged that and moved on, there would be need for the politically correct bullshit we see all the time. But because people just insist they weren't racist and the other person shouldn't have been offended, people are continually offended by things they find racist, and the movement towards political correctness gets more and more supporters.

I cannot care less that some biped has played victim.
CryptoPleb

Activity: 196

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 05:10:32 AM

If he said some Canadian guy or some English guy then no one would have gave a shit. Sometimes people do not carry their own opinions, they carry the opinion that has been shoved down their throats for years through some carefully constructed methods for some other entities agenda.

There is no question that people have had their opinion manipulated. But that doesn't matter in the slightest (for this topic at least). If they feel offended, they are only going to have a stronger opinion towards the entity shoving it down their throat. It literally only makes the problem worse, something said entity knows, and everyone who disregards the feelings of the person who feels victimized only makes it worse for themselves as they give more power to said entity. You literally are playing right into their hand.

So if someone gets offended at something, how should people treat them? You could say with empathy but I can't empathise with such a person as when I get offended at something I try and work out if me being offended is justified logically, in this case its not. Apologising would only justify you believing the statement to be racist, which is exactly what they want.  You think Atlas should apologise?
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2014, 05:37:20 AM
Last edit: September 08, 2014, 05:48:14 AM by camosoul

You don't appear to understand that at a fundamental level, many people are different from you. They do get offended and care way too much what other people think.
I do know this.

I just don't care.

Those who choose to stoop so low as bullying others by "being offended" are garbage. I do not waste my empathy and concerns on those who choose to be human trash. They waste Oxygen better spent on better people, and drag the species down.

I would do humanity a dis-service by having concern for their kind.

It's not about being superior. It's about those who choose to lower themselves below an acceptable standard, and trying to drag the rest of us down to their level. Most of them know they're doing it, they jsut value getting their way more than upholding basic anthropomorphic standards.

In other words, they're fine with ruining the species as long as they get X. People like that are an offense to their own existence. "I have no argument, I hate you (because [insert invalid excuse here]), so I'll call you racist/sexist" is the sign of someone who does not deserve to live.

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
BlueCoiner

Activity: 482
Merit: 271

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2014, 05:37:59 AM

Dear DarkCoiners:

BLUChain is running ultra smooth now !

http://blockexperts.com/blu

Blue is the first PoS coin with DGW integrated into its staking difficulty scheme.

We're doing this experiment and so far we're getting a very good result.

Thank you Dark Coin developers for your practical and smooth solution.

http://bluecoin.org  PROJECT FOR SALE: Telegram: @BlueCoiner https://t.me/BlueCoiner
naxin

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 05:47:32 AM

So if someone gets offended at something, how should people treat them? You could say with empathy but I can't empathise with such a person as when I get offended at something I try and work out if me being offended is justified logically, in this case its not. Apologising would only justify you believing the statement to be racist, which is exactly what they want.  You think Atlas should apologise?
No.

Social media makes things 100x more difficult, because in real life people are more open to rational conversation. And if they aren't, I would start to think they were coming from a political angle rather than how they actually feel.

If you start the dialogue making it a point that you want to understand their point of view, it drastically changes the conversation. Most people instead just try and explain their own side without bothering to listen to what the other person has to say. So as soon as one party puts their foot down and bothers to listen the other person will not feel like you're attacking them and then is more likely to actually listen to your point of view.

But in this situation and with social media in general, you cannot win. You defend your statement, you look bad even if your logic is 100% spot on - people are fantastic at twisting words. If you apologize then you are admitting that what you did was racist and you legitimize the claim that it is. This will most likely be brought up later and used against you.

If I was him I would 100% ignore it. People's attention spans are so short. It will only take a few more days for someone to make a statement that people find even more offensive, and then they will forget all about him.
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2014, 05:52:51 AM

No.

Social media makes things 100x more difficult, because in real life people are more open to rational conversation. And if they aren't, I would start to think they were coming from a political angle rather than how they actually feel.

If you start the dialogue making it a point that you want to understand their point of view, it drastically changes the conversation. Most people instead just try and explain their own side without bothering to listen to what the other person has to say. So as soon as one party puts their foot down and bothers to listen the other person will not feel like you're attacking them and then is more likely to actually listen to your point of view.

But in this situation and with social media in general, you cannot win. You defend your statement, you look bad even if your logic is 100% spot on - people are fantastic at twisting words. If you apologize then you are admitting that what you did was racist and you legitimize the claim that it is. This will most likely be brought up later and used against you.

If I was him I would 100% ignore it. People's attention spans are so short. It will only take a few more days for someone to make a statement that people find even more offensive, and then they will forget all about him.
"Being offended" is how abusive manipulators control others. These people are usually physically abusive towards their mates, quick to anger, and almost always want to "solve their problems" with violence. It's a textbook example of sociopathy, and it usually calls everyone else crazy...

There's really no point in talking about it... Broken minds of this nature are being manufactured at an alarming rate. Over half the population are mental defectives, but they're the majority, so they'll never vote to hold themselves accountable...

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 05:55:33 AM

No.

"Chinese Guy"
"English Guy"
"German Guy"
come on, there is really no need to make such a deal out of this ...............>
naxin

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 05:56:01 AM

You don't appear to understand that at a fundamental level, many people are different from you. They do get offended and care way too much what other people think.
I do know this.

I just don't care.

Those who choose to stoop so low as bullying others by "being offended" are garbage. I do not waste my empathy and concerns on those who choose to be human trash. They waste Oxygen better spent on better people, and drag the species down.

I would do humanity a dis-service by having concern for their kind.

It's not about being superior. It's about those who choose to lower themselves below an acceptable standard, and trying to drag the rest of us down to their level. Most of them know they're doing it, they jsut value getting their way more than upholding basic anthropomorphic standards. In other words, they're fine with ruining the species as long as they get X.

People like that are an offense to their own existence.
You prove my entire point here though.

I 100% agree these people exist, and I'm not suggesting you have one bit of concern for them. What they are doing is absolutely wrong and is damaging our society as whole.

My point only is when you hear the term racist, don't automatically assume it's a case where it is a matter of bullshit.

Because when you ignore the people who have real valid claims, they are going to go and support the people spewing bullshit making their "cause" grow. They know not only what they're doing, but they also know that by crying wolf over and over it wears down society and the people who really are disenfranchised then feel ignored, so they join their group. You play directly into their hand by ignoring the issue completely.

BUT I made a big mistake even posting my first long post. This wasn't the place for me to voice that and I do apologize. Back to discussions on things that matter, darkcoin!
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 05:58:03 AM

Question,

I have some MN's running.

They all show the correct location and ISP
except 1 who is showing this:

[1][2][3][4]   13   Merck and Co.   United States   _._   +   +   +   +   +   +   

this one should be an Amazon in Japan ?!

Any idea what that means/ how it is possible ??
naxin

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 06:12:47 AM

Question,

I have some MN's running.

They all show the correct location and ISP
except 1 who is showing this:

[1][2][3][4]   13   Merck and Co.   United States   _._   +   +   +   +   +   +   

this one should be an Amazon in Japan ?!

Any idea what that means/ how it is possible ??

Because IP geolocation is not exactly an exact science.

https://forums.aws.amazon.com/thread.jspa?threadID=102185

For the purpose of geographic distribution of masternodes the geolocation data is less important than the physical server location.

Because IPV4 addresses are low, especially in some regions, AWS will reroute IP blocks they are allocated to other regions, but the companies which track IP geolocation may not track this change, or at least not immediately.
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2014, 06:15:30 AM

My point only is when you hear the term racist, don't automatically assume it's a case where it is a matter of bullshit.
I don't.

It's just so rare that it is used legitimately. Among so many other dis-services to humanity, it's an insult to people who do experience actual racism.

Fortunately, actual racism is so rare now that one can blow it off and move on to greener pastures quite easily. Even the most extreme racism is not a big deal given this reality. Leave the crap behind. Laugh at the losers and move on.

I was recently accused of wanting to kill everyone who is brown just because I am white and own guns... The words "honkey" and "cracker" were used quite profusely. But I'm the racist simply becasue I was born white and I have common-sense enough to own guns and know how to use them... I offered to take the guy to the range, and even do some OCing with him so he could see the truth instead of his hate. He just cussed some more and threatened my life. Classy. Some people can't be helped.

People like this are the reason I practice. History shows us what they do to those they disagree with.

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
Pages: « 1 ... 2852 2853 2854 2855 2856 2857 2858 2859 2860 2861 2862 2863 2864 2865 2866 2867 2868 2869 2870 2871 2872 2873 2874 2875 2876 2877 2878 2879 2880 2881 2882 2883 2884 2885 2886 2887 2888 2889 2890 2891 2892 2893 2894 2895 2896 2897 2898 2899 2900 2901 [2902] 2903 2904 2905 2906 2907 2908 2909 2910 2911 2912 2913 2914 2915 2916 2917 2918 2919 2920 2921 2922 2923 2924 2925 2926 2927 2928 2929 2930 2931 2932 2933 2934 2935 2936 2937 2938 2939 2940 2941 2942 2943 2944 2945 2946 2947 2948 2949 2950 2951 2952 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: