Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 11:58:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2870 2871 2872 2873 2874 2875 2876 2877 2878 2879 2880 2881 2882 2883 2884 2885 2886 2887 2888 2889 2890 2891 2892 2893 2894 2895 2896 2897 2898 2899 2900 2901 2902 2903 2904 2905 2906 2907 2908 2909 2910 2911 2912 2913 2914 2915 2916 2917 2918 2919 [2920] 2921 2922 2923 2924 2925 2926 2927 2928 2929 2930 2931 2932 2933 2934 2935 2936 2937 2938 2939 2940 2941 2942 2943 2944 2945 2946 2947 2948 2949 2950 2951 2952 2953 2954 2955 2956 2957 2958 2959 2960 2961 2962 2963 2964 2965 2966 2967 2968 2969 2970 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722702 times)
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 02:19:06 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=778616.msg8776081#msg8776081
darkroad15

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 02:47:23 PM

Greetings Darkcoin users. A team of deep web developers are in the process of starting a project known as Darkroad.

[[the name was recently mentioned on Bitcointalk and we think it is time for us to announce the project to avoid confusion]]

Our plan is to open a market that only accepts Darkcoin and only allows Darksend+. It means we will be the first market to be truly anonymous.

We will not sell anything criminal that is damaging to other people (no credit cards and no weapons).

We do not want to harm Darkcoin's reputation.

We will go live in the coming weeks. When the time comes we will announce the .onion address for users to test the beta site.

We are running this using our limited resources. We ask that users of this forum help fund our cause as we are creating the site in our free time. If you wish to declare your donation please post here what you have sent or PM me and we will over a 10% discount (the site will also sell normal goods).

The address is: XwmaAAQt654m93nt6a14QaQ7Q2taespTxy

Darkroad team.
Jungian
Legendary

Activity: 930
Merit: 1010

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 03:01:30 PM

Greetings Darkcoin users. A team of deep web developers are in the process of starting a project known as Darkroad.

[[the name was recently mentioned on Bitcointalk and we think it is time for us to announce the project to avoid confusion]]

Our plan is to open a market that only accepts Darkcoin and only allows Darksend+. It means we will be the first market to be truly anonymous.

We will not sell anything criminal that is damaging to other people (no credit cards and no weapons).

We will go live in the coming weeks. When the time comes we will announce the .onion address for users to test the beta site.

We are running this using our limited resources. We ask that users of this forum help fund our cause as we are creating the site in our free time. If you wish to declare your donation please post here what you have sent or PM me and we will over a 10% discount (the site will also sell normal goods).

The address is: XwmaAAQt654m93nt6a14QaQ7Q2taespTxy

Darkroad team.

Obvious scam is obvious. I'm sure the vendors approve of your 10% discount on any and all goods. Just donate 0.01 DRK and place an order for a kg of Columbias finest right? Not a problem for this "team with limited resources".

I think Monero (XMR) is very interesting.
https://moneroeconomy.com/faq/why-monero-matters
Drobek

Activity: 504
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 03:33:33 PM

Even if this is not a scam it looks like... What do you plan to sell if not the illegal goods? Why would anyone go to DarkNet to shop for legal stuff?
I certainly would not buy a laptop from .onion website  Grin
Drobek

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 03:50:30 PM

Bitcoin 101 question here on how exactly are crypto transaction confirmed - I know the basics - that miners confirm the transactions but I am still not clear on what exactly happens:

1) Let's say I pay my chocolate milkshake using BTC. The transaction instantly appears on the blockchain - is this based on information from payer, recipient or from some independent miner processing the transaction? Are the miners processing the transactions before the block is finalised?

2) After about 10 minutes the transaction is confirmed along with all transactions in the same block. Now - who exactly confirms it - is it > 50% of the network? A randomly chosen miner? A miner based on certain criteria?

3) Since blocks are 10 minutes apart... is it possible to be lucky and have the transactions confirmed in just a few seconds if it occurs at the end of the block?
Jungian
Legendary

Activity: 930
Merit: 1010

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 03:52:32 PM

Bitcoin 101 question here on how exactly are crypto transaction confirmed - I know the basics - that miners confirm the transactions but I am still not clear on what exactly happens:

1) Let's say I pay my chocolate milkshake using BTC. The transaction instantly appears on the blockchain - is this based on information from payer, recipient or from some independent miner processing the transaction? Are the miners processing the transactions before the block is finalised?

2) After about 10 minutes the transaction is confirmed along with all transactions in the same block. Now - who exactly confirms it - is it > 50% of the network? A randomly chosen miner? A miner based on certain criteria?

3) Since blocks are 10 minutes apart... is it possible to be lucky and have the transactions confirmed in just a few seconds if it occurs at the end of the block?

Wrong thread perhaps?

1) The payer broadcasts it to the network, which picks it up.

2) The miner mining the block confirms it

3) Yes, 10 minutes is just the average time. It can be confirmed in 1 second or 60 minutes.

I think Monero (XMR) is very interesting.
https://moneroeconomy.com/faq/why-monero-matters
Drobek

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 04:05:41 PM

Wrong thread perhaps?

3) Yes, 10 minutes is just the average time. It can be confirmed in 1 second or 60 minutes.

Great, thank you!
The thread is not necessarily wrong - it works the same way in the DRK as well - with the exception of a shorter block time. However, I am aware of the basic nature of the questions.

RE: 1) broadcasting to the network
I had 2 different sources and one was saying that it is payer who broadcasts the transaction while the other said that both parties of the transaction broadcast it.
So thanks for clarification!

The network picks it up - this means that the network of miners chain the transaction on top of the other unconfirmed transactions, right? Does there have to be some majority consensus of miners on this one or simply first miner who gets it fires it onto the blockchain?

luigi1111
Legendary

Activity: 1105

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 04:08:03 PM

1) Let's say I pay my chocolate milkshake using BTC. The transaction instantly appears on the blockchain (X)- is this based on information from payer, recipient or from some independent miner processing the transaction? Are the miners processing the transactions before the block is finalised?

Wrong thread perhaps?

1) To further clarify, the transaction does NOT instantly appear on the blockchain. If you're watching something like blockchain.info, they are running a NODE that picks up the transaction almost immediately. It doesn't get stored on the blockchain until "2)".

2) The block finder indeed confirms it is valid before adding it to its newly minted block, but every other NODE also confirms the transaction(s) is/are valid before accepting the newly minted block in its own local blockchain. Indeed, 100% of the nodes confirm the transaction (otherwise they would reject the block and get left behind), however, the network will continue to function properly as long as a majority of the hashing power has consensus. Other nodes can go their own way and reject the TX/block (creating their own fork), but no one will care; the "mishaving" node(s) will be left behind.

3) +1 to previous reply. Additionally, the "recommended" amount of confirms is 6 (5 blocks minted after your TX was included). However, the receiver is free to do whatever they want. Bitpay for example requires 0 confirms (pay for something at Newegg for example, and you'll see it say that your payment is accepted, usually within 1-5 seconds of you hitting "Send").
Drobek

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 04:18:01 PM

1) To further clarify, the transaction does NOT instantly appear on the blockchain. If you're watching something like blockchain.info, they are running a NODE that picks up the transaction almost immediately. It doesn't get stored on the blockchain until "2)".

2) The block finder indeed confirms it is valid before adding it to its newly minted block, but every other NODE also confirms the transaction(s) is/are valid before accepting the newly minted block in its own local blockchain. Indeed, 100% of the nodes confirm the transaction (otherwise they would reject the block and get left behind), however, the network will continue to function properly as long as a majority of the hashing power has consensus. Other nodes can go their own way and reject the TX/block (creating their own fork), but no one will care; the "mishaving" node(s) will be left behind.

3) +1 to previous reply. Additionally, the "recommended" amount of confirms is 6 (5 blocks minted after your TX was included). However, the receiver is free to do whatever they want. Bitpay for example requires 0 confirms (pay for something at Newegg for example, and you'll see it say that your payment is accepted, usually within 1-5 seconds of you hitting "Send").

1) Great! You are right, my observation was based on blockchain.info that immediately picked up my transactions, the delay was literally less than a second. Does this mean that blockchain.info is running their own miner that picks up the transactions or is the NODE just a running wallet?
2) Makes sense, thanks!
3) Thx for the example, looks like Bitpay made an educated guess that the customer convenience economically outweighs the possible risk
omahapoker

Activity: 868

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 04:34:20 PM

https://darkdice.net/

Investment is way up and profit was -5000 DRK, now it's under -2000 DRK

look at how many DRK wagered 565,000   thats $1,654,982 in rev. from DRK coins

did you guy knowdark dice is the #1 darkcoin site in rev.?
crowning

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

Activity: -42

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 04:36:20 PM

Even if this is not a scam it looks like... What do you plan to sell if not the illegal goods?

Even the goods stay anonymous! They are send via DarkUPS+. Their delivery trucks don't have license plates.
eduffield (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1036

Dash Developer

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2014, 04:42:31 PM

Reply to Kristov's paper:

https://darkcointalk.org/threads/reply-to-kristovs-paper.2325/

Dash - Digital Cash | dash.org | dashfoundation.io | dashgo.io
Minotaur26
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 04:53:02 PM

Awesome thanks!
KryptoFoo

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 04:58:02 PM

Fantastic stuff. Give it a few days for this information to disseminate into the wider world of crypto and lots of people are going to be taking another long look at darkcoin. Bravo!
luigi1111
Legendary

Activity: 1105

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 04:58:47 PM

1) Great! You are right, my observation was based on blockchain.info that immediately picked up my transactions, the delay was literally less than a second. Does this mean that blockchain.info is running their own miner that picks up the transactions or is the NODE just a running wallet?
2) Makes sense, thanks!
3) Thx for the example, looks like Bitpay made an educated guess that the customer convenience economically outweighs the possible risk

1) It could be a miner or just a regular node. It matters not. All nodes process transactions and blocks, regardless of if they are mining, to verify that they are valid before including them in their local version of "the blockchain".
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 05:26:22 PM

2) Makes sense, thanks!

1) It could be a miner or just a regular node. It matters not. All nodes process transactions and blocks, regardless of if they are mining, to verify that they are valid before including them in their local version of "the blockchain".

Could this yield the last word on this?

https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
 Grin
Minotaur26
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 05:26:57 PM

This is just great validation from an investment perspective, both Kristov's paper and Evan's reply.  Yes we are still missing the code review which should come soon. But many things are very clear at this point:

1) Darkcoin is a very serious project and its real. If you believe privacy centric cryptocurrencies have a future, then you should be in Darkcoin one way or the other.

2) We are doing this right, Kristov analysed a pre-release version of Darkcoin, the whole idea is to identify opportunities for improvement so that later releases already consider these recommendations. Evan already addressed some of those, we are currently testing with 3 peers in RC5.  Think in terms of RC6 - RC7, where is Darkcoin going to be?

3) Adapting this system to Electrum, Android, iPhone! Which is the next step, imagine the practicality of that! While using the same API as Bitcoin, super easy integration to existing services, proven codebase. In terms of time to market it would be impossible for Cryptonote coins to compete for adoption.  Other Bitcoin based solutions are nowhere near where Darkcoin is and don't have AHEAD OF TIME MIXING, how can you compete with the ease of use. We already went through just in time mixing in a previous version and it was a pain in the ass to have to wait for entries the exact moment you want to spend.

4) Minimized Bloackchain bloat, the part where Evan explains how the main difference lies in the fact that back-end services like exchanges, pools, etc. Do not contribute to bloating the blockchain just blew my mind. If other protocols are condemned to adding bloat from services that do not contribute to end user anonymity then Darkcoin has an advantage.

If you cant see it at this point then, I don’t know what to say, but Darkcoin is happening and will continue to move forward with the same resolve and momentum it have had so far.
georgem
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2014, 05:41:14 PM

Drobek

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 05:53:52 PM

2) Makes sense, thanks!

Great, thanks a lot!
motorhead89

Activity: 464
Merit: 250

Wasssssup!

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 06:09:07 PM

Darkcoin is one of my favorites.... I wish I got in earlier.   Now may be still early, for the future is a long way ahead!
Keep up the great work!

I had my account hacked due to a weak password I was told. It has be re-secured and a stronger password implemented. Hacker was posting malware links using my account. Always use a very strong password.
Pages: « 1 ... 2870 2871 2872 2873 2874 2875 2876 2877 2878 2879 2880 2881 2882 2883 2884 2885 2886 2887 2888 2889 2890 2891 2892 2893 2894 2895 2896 2897 2898 2899 2900 2901 2902 2903 2904 2905 2906 2907 2908 2909 2910 2911 2912 2913 2914 2915 2916 2917 2918 2919 [2920] 2921 2922 2923 2924 2925 2926 2927 2928 2929 2930 2931 2932 2933 2934 2935 2936 2937 2938 2939 2940 2941 2942 2943 2944 2945 2946 2947 2948 2949 2950 2951 2952 2953 2954 2955 2956 2957 2958 2959 2960 2961 2962 2963 2964 2965 2966 2967 2968 2969 2970 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: