Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:34:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2881 2882 2883 2884 2885 2886 2887 2888 2889 2890 2891 2892 2893 2894 2895 2896 2897 2898 2899 2900 2901 2902 2903 2904 2905 2906 2907 2908 2909 2910 2911 2912 2913 2914 2915 2916 2917 2918 2919 2920 2921 2922 2923 2924 2925 2926 2927 2928 2929 2930 [2931] 2932 2933 2934 2935 2936 2937 2938 2939 2940 2941 2942 2943 2944 2945 2946 2947 2948 2949 2950 2951 2952 2953 2954 2955 2956 2957 2958 2959 2960 2961 2962 2963 2964 2965 2966 2967 2968 2969 2970 2971 2972 2973 2974 2975 2976 2977 2978 2979 2980 2981 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722497 times)
georgem
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2014, 04:35:02 PM

My portfolio holdings in Darkcoin have lost over 50% value. Looks like I've made a bad investment decision in Darkcoin.

it's maybe too late for advice, but I would always spread an investment over different coins (this includes bitcoin), and also not buy everything in one day, but accumulating over many weeks and months.

This way you get a good average price.

I have been buying DRK since april, and I continue to buy. My average price must be around 1-2$ now, although I also bought some DRK during the all time high.

You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
majamina

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 05:01:40 PM

hi drk crew - long time lurker/hodler here.

not sure about DarkMix...how about:

You DarkBlend your eCash then you DarkSend your eCash!

Smiley
Propulsion

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

The Buck Stops Here.

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 05:07:32 PM

Smiley

The name's not up for proposal. It's Darksend.
majamina

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 05:09:31 PM

Smiley

I didn't say change the name, I just came up with a mildly amusing slogan to pass the time on a Saturday evening.

Hope you're having a good day Smiley
tombtc

Activity: 471
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 05:10:41 PM

Smiley

And hope it will stay like that.
fernando

Activity: 560

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 05:13:12 PM

Smiley

Yes! The only thing I think is worth discussing is if we get rid of the +

I think we should. It was added to differentiate from a completely different previous design. But the truth is nobody knew before about Darksend, I think it is not necessary.
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 05:16:11 PM

Smiley

But what if I want to DubMix to help the network of other mix masters, but I never actually send anything?
Freckleg

Activity: 508

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 05:17:46 PM

It is a brand name and the name is Darksend period.
kadrek

Activity: 327

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 05:24:09 PM

Hey guys, I haven't opened my wallet in probably 4 months so my wallet is way out of date. Is there anything special I need to do? Or do I just download the newest wallet, open it and let it sync, close it and then replace the wallet.dat it creates with my backup wallet.dat?

Go into %appdata% and change the name of your old wallet.dat file to something like OLDwallet.dat

Delete peers and darkcoin.conf

Open new Wallet and allow it to create new wallet.dat file.
Allow it to sync
Create a new RECEIVE ADDY and right click copy the addy

Close the wallet
back into %appdata% and rename the wallet.dat file to NEWwallet.dat
rename OLDwallet.dat back to wallet.dat

Open the old wallet client and send all your coins to the newly created addy from above.
Once you send all coins close the wallet out.

back into %appdata% rename wallet.dat to OLDwaallet.dat
rename NEWwallet.dat to wallet.dat

open new version of darkcoin - you should be good at this point...

Thanks for the help! Just for clarification, I was planning on just downloading the wallet from darkcoin.io and I have my backup wallet.dat on an external hdd.
So I should...
1. Delete peers and darkcoin.conf
2. Open new wallet and let it sync
3. Create a new address
4. Close the wallet and name the new wallet NEWwallet and change the backup wallet back to wallet.dat
5. Send coins to the new address and close wallet
6. Change wallet.dat to OLDwallet.dat and NEWwallet.dat to wallet.dat
7. Open new wallet and hope coins get in

Anything wrong with that? Also, what should I do if my old wallet won't sync? Thanks for your help guys.

SWIPE         │

│   Monetizing mobile engagement data,
on the blockchain            [      
SWIPE
WHITEPAPER
]            
TELEGRAM
TWITTER
MEDIUM
REDDIT
mmitech
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

things you own end up owning you

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 05:28:29 PM

Hey guys, I haven't opened my wallet in probably 4 months so my wallet is way out of date. Is there anything special I need to do? Or do I just download the newest wallet, open it and let it sync, close it and then replace the wallet.dat it creates with my backup wallet.dat?

Go into %appdata% and change the name of your old wallet.dat file to something like OLDwallet.dat

Delete peers and darkcoin.conf

Open new Wallet and allow it to create new wallet.dat file.
Allow it to sync
Create a new RECEIVE ADDY and right click copy the addy

Close the wallet
back into %appdata% and rename the wallet.dat file to NEWwallet.dat
rename OLDwallet.dat back to wallet.dat

Open the old wallet client and send all your coins to the newly created addy from above.
Once you send all coins close the wallet out.

back into %appdata% rename wallet.dat to OLDwaallet.dat
rename NEWwallet.dat to wallet.dat

open new version of darkcoin - you should be good at this point...

Thanks for the help! Just for clarification, I was planning on just downloading the wallet from darkcoin.io and I have my backup wallet.dat on an external hdd.
So I should...
1. Delete peers and darkcoin.conf
2. Open new wallet and let it sync
3. Create a new address
4. Close the wallet and name the new wallet NEWwallet and change the backup wallet back to wallet.dat
5. Send coins to the new address and close wallet
6. Change wallet.dat to OLDwallet.dat and NEWwallet.dat to wallet.dat
7. Open new wallet and hope coins get in

Anything wrong with that? Also, what should I do if my old wallet won't sync? Thanks for your help guys.

I dont think you really have to change wallets, you can keep your old one as well, but just don't forget to back it up before you try anything, keep more than one backup just in case.
majamina

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 05:30:29 PM

It is a brand name and the name is Darksend period.

There is no 'period' in brand development. Any successful brand must be prepared to re-position or re-invent to maintain it's success.

Arguably, DarkCoin isn't a successful brand yet, more an emerging brand that has serious room for improvement - or indeed a complete re-working.

IMO the brand and brand assets are not great presently, but the product is excellent.

Smiley
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2014, 05:33:16 PM

Darksend helps you send money anonymously how the internal process happens is not that relevant to the general public.
+1
It IS important because it misleads people about how it works, and they wonder why they have to do all this crap and watch a status bar, etc.

Calling it DarkSend leads people to think they just fire up the client and magic anon start sending.

But it does not at all work like that.

The name no longer describes it. Worse, it misleads the nob into expecting very different operation than must be performed.

No, I will not just "drop it" because it fucking matters. Especially among all you promoters of "mass adoption, make it easy for stupid people, the noobs can't use it so my price no go moon!"

If cars were called flying machines, people would wonder what the fuck is wrong with the person who named it that after they figured out that it doesn't do anything at all what the name says... Calling it "DarkSend:"

1) Misrepresents it in a confusing way
2) Leaves those who figure it out wondering what kind of lying dunce came up with that name...

Making it hard to figure out by misrepresenting it, and then looking like an idiot and a liar if/when they do figure it out... Yeah, way to inspire confidence and incite mass adoption... Brilliant.

Being arrogant and stubborn in the face of your very own technological advancements looks pretty bad, too...

A Brand has to evolve with the tech it represents. Intel doesn't call their processors 386 anymore; because they're not 386s anymore. DarkSend isn't DarkSend anymore, it's not even DarkSend+ anymore, it's way, way beyond that to such an extreme that the function and operation are not even remotely close to what it used to be. The difference is so massive that the old name has become deceptive and counter-intuitive. So, the name needs to grow up to represent that fact.

Need to step back and see this from the noob perspective. Branding of any kind if for noob idiots, know your audience. If you're going to stoop to the level of branding and marketing, at least get it right... Your name has to be, in some way, descriptive of the function. At the moment, It is not only failing to do that, but is, in fact, contrary to function. It is confusing. Even worse, once the confusion passes (if it passes), it makes the whole project look sketchy by forcing the user to wonder WTF is going on with the lies and stupidity... This does not inspire confidence or promote adoption, quite the opposite.

.OROCOIN.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
Drobek

Activity: 504
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 05:59:15 PM

Darksend helps you send money anonymously how the internal process happens is not that relevant to the general public.
+1
It IS important because it misleads people about how it works, and they wonder why they have to do all this crap and watch a status bar, etc.

Calling it DarkSend leads people to think they just fire up the client and magic anon start sending.

The name no longer describes it. Worse, it misleads the nob into expecting very different operation than must be performed.

No, I will not just "drop it" because it fucking matters. Especially among all you promoters of "mass adoption, make it easy for stupid people, the noobs can't use it so my price no go moon!"

If cars were called flying machines, people would wonder what the fuck is wrong with the person who named it that after they figured out that it doesn't do anything at all what the name says... Calling it "DarkSend:"

2) Leaves those who figure it out wondering what kind of lying dunce came up with that name...

Making it hard to figure out by misrepresenting it, and then looking like an idiot and a liar if/when they do figure it out... Yeah, way to inspire confidence and incite mass adoption... Brilliant.

Being arrogant and stubborn in the face of your very own technological advancements looks pretty bad, too...

A Brand has to evolve with the tech it represents. Intel doesn't call their processors 386 anymore; because they're not 386s anymore. DarkSend isn't DarkSend anymore, it's not even DarkSend+ anymore, it's way, way beyond that to such an extreme that the function and operation are not even remotely close to what it used to be. The difference is so massive that the old name has become deceptive and counter-intuitive. So, the name needs to grow up to represent that fact.

Need to step back and see this from the noob perspective. Branding of any kind if for noob idiots, know your audience. If you're going to stoop to the level of branding and marketing, at least get it right... Your name has to be, in some way, descriptive of the function. At the moment, It is not only failing to do that, but is, in fact, contrary to function. It is confusing. Even worse, once the confusion passes (if it passes), it makes the whole project look sketchy by forcing the user to wonder WTF is going on with the lies and stupidity... This does not inspire confidence or promote adoption, quite the opposite.

Camo... it is Darksend for 90% of us including dev so leave it. Darksend sounds logical as it "fogs" the blockchain.
The late adopters will care about the end result not about how exactly it is being mixed or stirred. And the end result is fog.
Darksend it is.
Kai Proctor

Activity: 546

01100100 01100001 01110011 01101000

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 06:06:51 PM

+1

A brand name doesn't have to explain anything about the process that's not its goal, it could have been "Moonlight" instead of "Darksend".
TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2014, 06:28:03 PM

Guys, I brought up the issue of branding Darksend for the reasons I outlined in this post:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg8742183#msg8742183

I stand by my reasoning (as Camo and Coins101 agree with), I even submitted a proposal to jira to convey my concerns.

However, this idea did not gain any traction and was rejected by Evan. I accepted this and have continued to contribute to the project on DCT and jira..

I spoke and the feedback was negative, so let's move on.

Like someone else said, "Darksend+" it is, so let's get on the same page.

Tao

camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2014, 06:35:22 PM

I close the matter by stating; this will be a major stumbling block moving forward. Failure to address it now only means hearing me say "toljaso" later.

.OROCOIN.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
majamina

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 06:37:39 PM

I close the matter by stating; this will be a major stumbling block moving forward. Failure to address it now only means hearing me say "toljaso" later.

I think the entire brand is a stumbling block and should be re-worked, professionally - to the same standard as the code.

kadrek

Activity: 327

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 06:39:24 PM

SWIPE         │

│   Monetizing mobile engagement data,
on the blockchain            [      
SWIPE
WHITEPAPER
]            
TELEGRAM
TWITTER
MEDIUM
REDDIT
georgem
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2014, 06:45:38 PM

Darksend, Darks'end... what's in a name anyway?

So many extremely valuable names have ridiculous meanings if you look at it more closely... microsoft, micro and soft, really? This is the mother of all jokes.
But who cares, a name's job is first of all to stick in the mind of the person and be unique, and not to carry explanatory meaning.

Or else my name wouldn't be georgem but HeWhoCreatesGifs...

so what's this all about? Do we have to name things like the native americans now?

tombtc

Activity: 471

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 06:53:00 PM

Just leave that name and stop confusing people who visit this thread once every week. Darksend sounds fucking good. All we can get rid of is "+".
I cannot remeber skype changing its name to Skype+ because of improving.
Pages: « 1 ... 2881 2882 2883 2884 2885 2886 2887 2888 2889 2890 2891 2892 2893 2894 2895 2896 2897 2898 2899 2900 2901 2902 2903 2904 2905 2906 2907 2908 2909 2910 2911 2912 2913 2914 2915 2916 2917 2918 2919 2920 2921 2922 2923 2924 2925 2926 2927 2928 2929 2930 [2931] 2932 2933 2934 2935 2936 2937 2938 2939 2940 2941 2942 2943 2944 2945 2946 2947 2948 2949 2950 2951 2952 2953 2954 2955 2956 2957 2958 2959 2960 2961 2962 2963 2964 2965 2966 2967 2968 2969 2970 2971 2972 2973 2974 2975 2976 2977 2978 2979 2980 2981 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: