Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 06:03:39 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 3078 3079 3080 3081 3082 3083 3084 3085 3086 3087 3088 3089 3090 3091 3092 3093 3094 3095 3096 3097 3098 3099 3100 3101 3102 3103 3104 3105 3106 3107 3108 3109 3110 3111 3112 3113 3114 3115 3116 3117 3118 3119 3120 3121 3122 3123 3124 3125 3126 3127 [3128] 3129 3130 3131 3132 3133 3134 3135 3136 3137 3138 3139 3140 3141 3142 3143 3144 3145 3146 3147 3148 3149 3150 3151 3152 3153 3154 3155 3156 3157 3158 3159 3160 3161 3162 3163 3164 3165 3166 3167 3168 3169 3170 3171 3172 3173 3174 3175 3176 3177 3178 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722673 times)
camosoul

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2014, 04:14:46 PM

How's the debate going? I've been busy getting people into the Dark.....
And we love you for it. [mwah]

.OROCOIN.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
splawik21
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

DASH is the future of crypto payments!

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 04:15:46 PM

nice reading Tao Smiley

BE SMART, USE DASH ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
georgem
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2014, 04:16:37 PM

So you just want the miners to receive less, but not disappear totally, right?

Yes. They will serve as Plan B, but the backup plan shouldn't be 4X as expensive as Plan A.

Ok, that atleast sounds reasonable, and not as crazy as getting rid of mining altogether.
I still have a gut feeling that the masternode network is not at all as secure and reliable as many here want to make me believe.
It will be, it is supposed to, but we are not there yet. This needs years to improve.
I am just guessing, I can't prove it, I admit, but this needs more careful longtime testing.

Ah shit, now it sounds as if I am FUDing, when I am just tired. I need some sleep.

smoothdoger

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 04:17:16 PM

It's an uphill struggle Tao, but so far none of the dinosaurs have credibly justified why they're 4x as valuable as the upstart mammals.
Thats just an ignorant comment.
we are all on the same side here and want to see dark succeed

There are problems with a PoW system and there are many unknowns about this masternode system and likely it has its own problems that need to be discussed and worked out
you may not be wrong but you will not convince anyone with that attitude towards the miners that got you here in the first place

Pardon me if I don't subscribe your your religious belief that miners have a god-given right to slurp from the cosmic money hose forever when technologically superior solutions come along and offer greater security and innovation for a fraction of the price.  Roll Eyes

im just a kid with a 7950 and mined a few darks for my own interests and now i am being shut off the network and treated like shit for trying to be a part of something i though was going to be big.
All i ever wanted to do was take part and get a few darks and now some bigger kid with more money comes along and says nope sorry we don't need you anymore, we are buying up the entire system and going to print darks ourselvs between us. if you want to play get out your creditcard.

despite what you may believe i am not scum, i just don't have the resources for a masternode and i still want to be a part of this

[/quote]
TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2014, 04:18:29 PM

nice reading Tao Smiley

Thanks, and thanks for your retweets!

TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2014, 04:20:00 PM

And we love you for it. [mwah]

Thank you for your support Camo! I have a pirate Dark meme I'm working on just for you...

Stay tuned....

camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2014, 04:23:13 PM

It's an uphill struggle Tao, but so far none of the dinosaurs have credibly justified why they're 4x as valuable as the upstart mammals.

There are problems with a PoW system and there are many unknowns about this masternode system and likely it has its own problems that need to be discussed and worked out
you may not be wrong but you will not convince anyone with that attitude towards the miners that got you here in the first place
Pardon me if I don't subscribe your your religious belief that miners have a god-given right to slurp from the cosmic money hose forever when technologically superior solutions come along and offer greater security and innovation for a fraction of the price.  Roll Eyes
It's a deception argument...

Miners cash out and put sell pressure on the coin decreasing it's value. It's their own fault. But, they're dumb animals, you can't teach them. You can only use them with a paradoxical ruleset; make them into useful idiots.

Fewer coins in supply == greater value for those coins. The miners never get less, they just use that lie to back up their selfish, blind, stupid greed. Many of them probably even believe it. Let them sell their mining rigs to smarter people. I love crypto because no one can really prey on anyone else. Only the stupid killing themselves and the smart picking their corpses clean. You hear the same argument from stupid traders who get mad when smart people buy whent here is blood in the streets... I didn't force any of the dumbshits to sell me their coins... I'm not a predator, I'm just bettering myself even as I do everytihng in my power to stop them from letting me... I do everything I can to help people learn, to teach them... But they're so stupid they fill my wallet anyway, then get mad at me... Hey, 99%, stop being idiots! That's all it takes! It's not my fault you keep throwing away your futures! I'm trying to stop you and you still do it!

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 04:23:18 PM

im just a kid with a 7950 and mined a few darks for my own interests and now i am being shut off the network and treated like shit for trying to be a part of something i though was going to be big.
All i ever wanted to do was take part and get a few darks and now some bigger kid with more money comes along and says nope sorry we don't need you anymore, we are buying up the entire system and going to print darks ourselvs between us. if you want to play get out your creditcard.

despite what you may believe i am not scum, i just don't have the resources for a masternode and i still want to be a part of this

If you read my posts I'm not advocating the abolition of mining. Maybe in the future, but for now, as I say, it's good to have a backup plan. But that backup plan isn't 4X more valuable IMO than the other parts of the system that bring all the innovations, and thus the market value, to the coin. I don't think my opinion is unreasonable?

What would DRK be worth without Masternodes, anonymous transactions, InstanTX etc. ?  What would it be worth with nothing but miners? Fuck all, is my contention.
TsuyokuNaritai

Activity: 574

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 04:26:21 PM

Did Andreas Antonopoulos just say everyone should buy Darkcoin? Smiley

https://darkcointalk.org/threads/did-andreas-just-announce-his-support-for-mainstream-adoption-of-fully-private-crypto.2581/

nsimmons

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 04:27:35 PM

Well I'm glad I was told to calm down. It looks like there are many people who are equally as pissed off. Excellent job in dividing the community.

You guys are trying to control peoples resources. I hear comments like "just buy 10 drk (from me) and earn interest". I don't want 10 drk locked up. I want a gpu that I can re purpose. My hardware can generate about as much drk as 6 masternodes, I should sell it all, lock the coin into masternodes and be completely vulnerable to the whims of an illiquid market?

You want a level playing field, but the bar is being set ridiculously high. I have an old 5770 hashing away. At any time I can use it for what I choose, but you guys would prefer I sell it and give you the money?

Forcing people to dump hardware, to buy drk, to buy masternodes also has the consequence of removing hash power from other cryptos and hurting competitor coins. Is this the true motive?

georgem
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2014, 04:29:03 PM

It's a deception argument...

Miners cash out and put sell pressure on the coin decreasing it's value. It's their own fault. But, they're dumb animals, you can't teach them. You can only use them with a paradoxical ruleset; make them into useful idiots.

There are good miners and bad miners, like there are good investors and bad investors...
People who have been there, and done that, and newcomers who are only controlled by their greed and are basically stumbling around.

Unfortunately, whenever we have a market with thin liquidity, even a small number of miners who constantly sell, will cause a painfully large sell pressure.

camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2014, 04:29:35 PM

I have to wonder if Evan isn't so far ahead of everyone, that he loses us, LOL  I feel like when I follow my husband in WoW and he has some sort of enhancement on for speed, and I don't, and we forget, and I dont' pay attention, suddenly he's gone!  LOL
Part of why I went all-in on DRK so long ago was because I was looking for someone who really understood crypto the way I did. Evan grabbed that and went beyond. I know of not even one other living person who has reached that level. Evan is the only one. I honestly do not understand how darksend achieves what it says it does, but it does. It's beyond me.

My understanding of crypto comes from my willingness to admit how horrible humanity is. You never really understand crypto until you see the paradoxical rulesets that it uses to bend the sickness that is a human being, into a strength for the coin. If you're unwilling or unable to see humanity for what it is, you can't understand crypto because leveraging the garbage that is the human race is crypto's core. If you don't understand that, you'll never understand crypto.

It reminds me of the Silmarillion... Malevolent dissonance bent into harmony; no matter how hard evil tries, it ends up being used for good...

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
thelonecrouton
Legendary

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 04:29:55 PM

Well I'm glad I was told to calm down. It looks like there are many people who are equally as pissed off. Excellent job in dividing the community.

You guys are trying to control peoples resources. I hear comments like "just buy 10 drk (from me) and earn interest". I don't want 10 drk locked up. I want a gpu that I can re purpose. My hardware can generate about as much drk as 6 masternodes, I should sell it all, lock the coin into masternodes and be completely vulnerable to the whims of an illiquid market?

You want a level playing field, but the bar is being set ridiculously high. I have an old 5770 hashing away. At any time I can use it for what I choose, but you guys would prefer I sell it and give you the money?

Forcing people to dump hardware, to buy drk, to buy masternodes also has the consequence of removing hash power from other cryptos and hurting competitor coins. Is this the true motive?

Tra la la.

Last time I checked I wasn't holding a gun to your head. Do what you want, but I don't owe you or anyone else a living.
nsimmons

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 04:35:16 PM

Tra la la.

Last time I checked I wasn't holding a gun to your head. Do what you want, but I don't owe you or anyone else a living.

Where did I ask for a hand out? It is quite clear you are the one who is. You have your hoard and want to sit on it and be provided a living for rent seeking behaviour. Do you work for HSBC?

You know how much work it is running 40 gpus?

Well done, alienate another user. I am not just a kid with a single card. How many silent miners are reading this thread and being turned off. I sure am. My coins will hit the market the second dark even points in this direction.

thelonecrouton
Legendary

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 04:38:59 PM

I know how much work it is running 24 - bugger all, so I'm guessing that running 40 is not much more.

Do you know what actual hard work is?

How many silent miners are reading this thread and being turned off. I sure am. My coins will hit the market the second dark even points in this direction.

You're right, I don't care about whining miners who think they're entitled to 4X the reward of people who bring far more actual worth to the coin.

coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 04:39:42 PM

https://twitter.com/aantonop/status/518061153030012930
nsimmons

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 04:40:19 PM

I know how much work it is running 24 - bugger all, so I'm guessing that running 40 is not much more.

Do you know what actual hard work is?

No I don't please enlighten me...

Is this were we whip out our dicks? Grow the fuck up.

toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 04:41:38 PM

Wow. This is huge. Antonopolis is THE voice of Bitcoin. If he's advocating mainstream adoption of "fully private crypto" then we're in business.

https://twitter.com/aantonop/status/518061153030012930

DRK's the only one that can do it. All the rest are one way or another f*ckd - either from no legacy interface or their developers succumbed to politics.

Where's Mintpal when you need it ? Get that thing back online immediately ! Need bc-wisdom. Check MACD's, check correct buy-in points  Wink
thelonecrouton
Legendary

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 04:44:19 PM

I don't use Twitter - can you post questions on it? Someone should ask him directly... Wink
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2014, 04:45:42 PM

Tra la la.

This. So much of this.

If you don't want to do a thing; don't. But don't expect me to pay your bills while you sit around complaining about that which you won't understand...

Apartment dwellers with car payments, living well beyond their means, making excuses... I chose deliberate homelessness to give myself an edge and escape from the trap. If you're not willing to do what you have to do to get out of the hole, then remain in the hole you will... It's nobody's fault but your own. Sack up or jsut kill yourself already. I'm not paying for your bad decisions and lack of fortitude.

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
Pages: « 1 ... 3078 3079 3080 3081 3082 3083 3084 3085 3086 3087 3088 3089 3090 3091 3092 3093 3094 3095 3096 3097 3098 3099 3100 3101 3102 3103 3104 3105 3106 3107 3108 3109 3110 3111 3112 3113 3114 3115 3116 3117 3118 3119 3120 3121 3122 3123 3124 3125 3126 3127 [3128] 3129 3130 3131 3132 3133 3134 3135 3136 3137 3138 3139 3140 3141 3142 3143 3144 3145 3146 3147 3148 3149 3150 3151 3152 3153 3154 3155 3156 3157 3158 3159 3160 3161 3162 3163 3164 3165 3166 3167 3168 3169 3170 3171 3172 3173 3174 3175 3176 3177 3178 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: