Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:09:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 3379 3380 3381 3382 3383 3384 3385 3386 3387 3388 3389 3390 3391 3392 3393 3394 3395 3396 3397 3398 3399 3400 3401 3402 3403 3404 3405 3406 3407 3408 3409 3410 3411 3412 3413 3414 3415 3416 3417 3418 3419 3420 3421 3422 3423 3424 3425 3426 3427 3428 [3429] 3430 3431 3432 3433 3434 3435 3436 3437 3438 3439 3440 3441 3442 3443 3444 3445 3446 3447 3448 3449 3450 3451 3452 3453 3454 3455 3456 3457 3458 3459 3460 3461 3462 3463 3464 3465 3466 3467 3468 3469 3470 3471 3472 3473 3474 3475 3476 3477 3478 3479 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722496 times)
ruleland

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 01:50:39 PM

Ask them what paragraph of rules has been violated.
Sent them an e-mail, but already cancelled the subscription and hosting my vps somewhere else

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
splawik21
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

DASH is the future of crypto payments!

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 01:51:12 PM

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/russian-rubles-depreciation-trigger-bitcoin-run/

BE SMART, USE DASH ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
raganius

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 01:58:47 PM

Is there any legal issue in running a Masternode?

bump

Well, my fast answer would be: no (if you live in a democratic country, at least), because no one can be forced to do, or to refrain to do, something, unless there's specific, previous and strict law.

But mind that, regarding law issues, the answers will always depend on what country, state, jurisdiction you are.

All I can say is that the Masternodes are working to provide fungibility to the darkcoins, and fungibility is necessary to any form of currency. The Masternode operators have no idea of what coins have been through their services, and who the coins owners are. And also, the Masternode operators are NOT mixing their own darkcoins in the process (remember that the 1,000DRK required to run the masternode remain static in an offline wallet).
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 02:03:18 PM

Most likely not a bot. Who would leave a bot to do such a big volume without intervention.
To me it looks like a coordinated pump by hand with the help of some tech... wondering when the pump will end

I think it's just new investors who learned about Darkcoin through the recent press. The buying is rational, not pump-like... chunks, breathing space for correction, chunks, breathing space for correction etc... unlike April-May pump when the order book was swallowed like no tomorrow.

aclass

Activity: 381
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 02:07:50 PM

Most likely it's not. The pump groups that know what they are doing are monitoring for such coverage and news. They start pumping just when the news break out so everyone thinks it's because of the news and joins in panic buying. Whoever has knowledge of cryptos and wants to invest is already aware of DRK and has or has not taken a position.

Of course I hope I am wrong as I also have some coins and hope the price to go up and never come back.

Most likely not a bot. Who would leave a bot to do such a big volume without intervention.
To me it looks like a coordinated pump by hand with the help of some tech... wondering when the pump will end

I think it's just new investors who learned about Darkcoin through the recent press. The buying is rational, not pump-like... chunks, breathing space for correction, chunks, breathing space for correction etc... unlike April-May pump when the order book was swallowed like no tomorrow.

eduffield (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1036

Dash Developer

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2014, 02:09:39 PM

Will instantX accelerates the mixing process?

Will the liquidity update be a sufficient solution?

InstantX will accelerate the mixing process but only if there are other clients available for mixing. If you've already anonymised your coins as much as you would like, why would you leave your wallet unlocked to anonymise more and pay more fees?

Liquidity providers are a short-term fix in my opinion. Although there is a big incentive to run a masternode with 1000 DRK, what incentive is there to provide 1000 DRK or more for mixing? I want to set up some masternodes but have been unable to anonymise enough coins to set one up.

InstantX will NOT accelerate the mixing process. I figured out a way to use the entire masternode network in a completely 100% decentralized way, but the trade off is it will require inputs that have at least 5 confirmations. However, this means that when sending a transaction, the 10 voting notes are going to be unique, so the system will be very difficult to DDOS (you'll theoretically have to DOS all masternodes to succeed). However, this means you can't send multiple transactions one after another based on InstantX, they have to be a few minutes apart. The really nice thing is this will scale now, to HUGE levels with no effect on the network.  

Darksend just needs more users, we can bootstrap it with the liquidity providers and it'll take a few hours for people to complete their mixing. Eventually when we have enough users, we can disable the liquidity providers and Darksend will get to the point where it just takes a few minutes. It just needs 2.5 minutes per round, so 4 rounds (which is rather good privacy) could theoretically take just 10 minutes.

I'm going to record a demonstration today of InstantX and put it on YouTube, this technology is really amazing. I can't wait to hear what people think of it.

Dash - Digital Cash | dash.org | dashfoundation.io | dashgo.io
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 02:12:35 PM

InstantX will accelerate the mixing process but only if there are other clients available for mixing. If you've already anonymised your coins as much as you would like, why would you leave your wallet unlocked to anonymise more and pay more fees?

Liquidity providers are a short-term fix in my opinion. Although there is a big incentive to run a masternode with 1000 DRK, what incentive is there to provide 1000 DRK or more for mixing? I want to set up some masternodes but have been unable to anonymise enough coins to set one up.

Thanks for your input. I think the incentive for leaving coins for mixing is if you don't have enough for a MN. For instance, I have 800DRKs left and that is not enough for an additional MN, but if leaving the 800 allow me to gain some small amounts of DRKs, then I'll go for it.

Also, you don't need to anonymize your 1k DRKs to set up a MN, just set it up.

I know that I don't need to anonymise to set up a masternode but I prefer to do it before setting one up and leaving them there for a long time. At the moment it probably wouldn't be too difficult for some exhanges (or agencies which have access to their data) to conduct some basic blockchain analysis and establish that the funds used for the masternodes belong to me - which I don't believe is necessary.

The concerning thing is that I can't do it after days of trying. I imagine there must be others interested in anonymising similar amounts before setting up masternodes but I haven't got past one round of anonymisation. The implication is that anyone wanting to anonymise large amounts will be waiting for a long time, and potentially lose interest if they are unsuccessful. I think the success of Darkcoin will have more to do with those mixing large amounts, than those mixing smaller amounts.

But mixing 1000 is like mixing 10 times 100 from a wallet point of view IIRC, so if there are a lot of people always available to mix, who allow say 100 200 or 500, then it should work pretty well.

With the liquidity update I hope it will happen.

Or am I missing something?

Let's say I have 10 000, would you suggest mixing 100 coins 100 times?

with funds like 10.000 personally i would go for amounts like 1000 or 1100 per time to mix as a lot of large buyings are starting to roll in right now that in the end will most likely need mixing.
It will split into a 500 and some 100's that are more easy mixed, you just have to see how fast or how slow that gets mixed, once mixed then double the amount to get mixed to further anonymize
the 10.000

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
sdef2

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 02:13:02 PM

InstantX will NOT accelerate the mixing process. I figured out a way to use the entire masternode network in a completely 100% decentralized way, but the trade off is it will require inputs that have at least 5 confirmations. However, this means that when sending a transaction, the 10 voting notes are going to be unique, so the system will be very difficult to DDOS (you'll theoretically have to DOS all masternodes to succeed). However, this means you can't send multiple transactions one after another based on InstantX, they have to be a few minutes apart. The really nice thing is this will scale now, to HUGE levels with no effect on the network.  

Darksend just needs more users, we can bootstrap it with the liquidity providers and it'll take a few hours for people to complete their mixing. Eventually when we have enough users, we can disable the liquidity providers and Darksend will get to the point where it just takes a few minutes. It just needs 2.5 minutes per round, so 4 rounds (which is rather good privacy) could theoretically take just 10 minutes.

I'm going to record a demonstration today of InstantX and put it on YouTube, this technology is really amazing. I can't wait to hear what people think of it.

great, can't wait ! Smiley
Freckleg

Activity: 508
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 02:13:54 PM

I agree, it looks like solid investing. This will continue for quite a long time now. And the price increase will be logarithmic. To put it differently this week gave a push to a small snowball and it will continue to grow and grow. What dark faced from its initial pump to 0.0275 toward 0.003 will in two months be viewed as a bear trap. My two duffs, I am fine if some see it differently
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 02:14:48 PM

looking forward to it

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
valentino007

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 02:17:30 PM

bot flicked a switch,watch out
thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 02:18:54 PM

looking forward to it

If Evan's obvious enthusiasm and love of the project (why I invested) carry over to video, this is going to be a very good thing. Smiley
valentino007

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 02:19:02 PM

very strange things going on,i dont trust it anymore...
Freckleg

Activity: 508
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 02:21:48 PM

bot flicked a switch,watch out

Put on your tinfoil hat! Fast!
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 02:22:08 PM

for those people new to Darkcoin and looking for a way to monitor the price of Darkcoin on some exchanges that trade in Darkcoin you can bookmark these two :

https://bitcoinwisdom.com/markets/cryptsy/drkbtc
https://bitcoinwisdom.com/markets/bitfinex/drkbtc

Just put them on the 4hr interval.

tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3934
Merit: 1405

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 02:23:48 PM

wow this orderbook is acting like:

i wouldn't be surprised if some rich chinese bitcoiners are pumping this.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 02:26:52 PM

looking forward to it

If Evan's obvious enthusiasm and love of the project (why I invested) carry over to video, this is going to be a very good thing. Smiley

yeah i agree .. and we can use it as teaser to promote Darkcoin further

qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 02:31:18 PM

The Search for Satoshi

http://www.coindesk.com/search-satoshi/

thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 02:35:50 PM

[spoiler]Nick Szabo[/spoiler]

Although a few people have wondered to me if chaeplin is Satoshi, who knows?  Lips sealed
splawik21
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

DASH is the future of crypto payments!

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 02:37:16 PM

AlexGR I have to agree with you, last TV news got the attention of people.
We`re going the right direction. If there is correction OK let it be but the direction is well know for us.

BE SMART, USE DASH ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Pages: « 1 ... 3379 3380 3381 3382 3383 3384 3385 3386 3387 3388 3389 3390 3391 3392 3393 3394 3395 3396 3397 3398 3399 3400 3401 3402 3403 3404 3405 3406 3407 3408 3409 3410 3411 3412 3413 3414 3415 3416 3417 3418 3419 3420 3421 3422 3423 3424 3425 3426 3427 3428 [3429] 3430 3431 3432 3433 3434 3435 3436 3437 3438 3439 3440 3441 3442 3443 3444 3445 3446 3447 3448 3449 3450 3451 3452 3453 3454 3455 3456 3457 3458 3459 3460 3461 3462 3463 3464 3465 3466 3467 3468 3469 3470 3471 3472 3473 3474 3475 3476 3477 3478 3479 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: