Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 10:52:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 [393] 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 ... 484 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEM] NEM -New Economy Movement - No Envy Movement - Updates+Discussion thread  (Read 661421 times)
EFFV

Activity: 278
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 08:33:49 PM

It has been changed: www.ournem.com; I dropped charity for friendship (is comradeship better) because I think the latter is better for our goal. Charity is very good and we will do a bunch of them but it could be at more individual level imo. 

A new economy based on the principles of financial freedom, decentralization, equality and friendship.

The world we live in could be made better. We could make trade and finance fairer when we use a decentralized currency and reduce the influence of the established capital. We could prevent the corruption of centralized power when we embrace grassroots movement and decentralization. We could support the the principle of equality to give all people a fair chance in life. We could transform the boss-employee hierarchical relationship in most conventional working environments to one where people are partners and friends and making decisions in a democratic fashion. NEM community advances its ideas and projects via Nemcoin premier decentralized technological platform.

This is a nice write-up, however, how is Nemcoin going to prevent boss-employee hierarchical relationships? Don't currencies just further this? Example....

Boss employs joe, because boss needs joe to complete a task. Boss pays joe in Nem. Nem would be the crucial factor in the employment of joe (or some other mutually agreed upon form of payment).

The statement seems slightly limiting, and goal specific.

Similarly, how is equality related to Nem? In a currency some people will always own more than others, (even if force is used to combat this) how is equality a realistic goal of Nem? "Fairness through Decentralization" would be more appropriate.

I like everything else, thanks utopian.
-EFFV

"A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves."  -Lao Tzu
My Trust Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=474589.new#new
bitinsta

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 10:29:00 PM

It has been changed: www.ournem.com; I dropped charity for friendship (is comradeship better) because I think the latter is better for our goal. Charity is very good and we will do a bunch of them but it could be at more individual level imo.  

A new economy based on the principles of financial freedom, decentralization, equality and friendship.

The world we live in could be made better. We could make trade and finance fairer when we use a decentralized currency and reduce the influence of the established capital. We could prevent the corruption of centralized power when we embrace grassroots movement and decentralization. We could support the the principle of equality to give all people a fair chance in life. We could transform the boss-employee hierarchical relationship in most conventional working environments to one where people are partners and friends and making decisions in a democratic fashion. NEM community advances its ideas and projects via Nemcoin premier decentralized technological platform.

/clap  Grin!!!

But...what is the difference to nxt?;-)

I hope the difference will be in the things we do, not words Smiley

Keep on going Smiley will be back in a month.
Chris001

Activity: 448

electroneum.com

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 11:28:17 PM

+1 Nakamoto

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=186785
Here is the link to my trust settings here on forum. This trust system is very unfair. I make good on every deal Ive ever made. I had many, many deals as you can see and I never scammed anyone. All it takes is a random account to give you negative trust and youre screwed. Tomatocage has never even talked to me ever but when the random acct hit me with negative trust, Tomatocage came right behind him and marked neg trust again so obviously he was the one who did it. You can look at Tomatocage trust and see how many of his compeditors at the currency exchange thread he labeled scammers. I never scammed anyone. My trust was green over 20 before this. I hope it never happens to you because the mods cant help you.
thuhyl

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 12:27:12 AM

/clap  Grin!!!

But...what is the difference to nxt?;-)

I hope the difference will be in the things we do, not words Smiley
I believe that NEM can achieve great success
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2014, 03:20:27 AM

I think all of us on the dev team agree with this and want to make this happen.

Hopefully a majority of the stakeholders feel the same way. Change starts with YOU.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2014, 03:27:30 AM

This is a nice write-up, however, how is Nemcoin going to prevent boss-employee hierarchical relationships? Don't currencies just further this? Example....

Boss employs joe, because boss needs joe to complete a task. Boss pays joe in Nem. Nem would be the crucial factor in the employment of joe (or some other mutually agreed upon form of payment).

The statement seems slightly limiting, and goal specific.

Similarly, how is equality related to Nem? In a currency some people will always own more than others, (even if force is used to combat this) how is equality a realistic goal of Nem? "Fairness through Decentralization" would be more appropriate.

I like everything else, thanks utopian.
-EFFV

I think using crypto to pay employees could make it easy to do many micro payments for tasks. That way people can be motivated to complete many things and work collaboratively with their employers.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
bitcoinpaul

Activity: 910

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 06:12:48 AM

Question: Can an asset token be traded in nxt? The other assets, shown at the nxt client can be traded in nxt.

Yes.
Xpedite

Activity: 258

DRAMA: Dumb Retards Asking More Attention

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 06:42:23 AM

I dropped charity for friendship (is comradeship better) because I think the latter is better for our goal.

I prefer friendship or something like solidarity. Comradship sounds like we are communists IMO and that should not be the intention either i guess.  Huh

cupper5

Activity: 45

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 07:54:19 AM

I am impressed with the management of stakeholding and egalitariasm so far.
Just a question....how can NEM deliver to the standard of NXT or greater if the Development team works
only part time? Nxt team has been working for months 24/7 developing the asset exchange and suchlike and
I believe with very talented individuals.
Is the NEM team better quality and more efficient?
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 07:57:55 AM

Just a question....how can NEM deliver to the standard of NXT or greater if the Development team works
only part time? Nxt team has been working for months 24/7 developing the asset exchange and suchlike and

quality != time until completion

cupper5

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 08:06:30 AM

Sorry but that's a weak answer Pat....
patmast3r

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 08:20:45 AM

Why ?

Quality is not related to how much people work in a given amount of time only the time it takes to comple things is.

Say NXT really does work 24/7 and delivers 100% quality.
Now if NEM only works 20/7 the result can still be 100% quality it'll just take a little longer.

Therefore: quality != time until completion

I do want to say that I doubt that the NXT devs are working much harder than our dev team. Our dev team works a couple of hours a day even on weekends. The only way the NXT devs can work more is if they either have no commitments in their lifes or do not need to sleep for months.

mattadc

Activity: 426
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2014, 08:31:24 AM

What do I do to claim my stake?  May I obtain it yet?

read this https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=426303.msg6833419#msg6833419 from "how it works" onwards first.

then go here and read the instructions from utopian https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=616467.0

in short... create nxt account with very strong password(40 chars+), send utopian a pm with your nxt account number saying you want your stake sent to the nxt AE.

if you dont wish to use nxt you may use xcp/wait until launch of nem!

read the instructions first though in the links above so nothing goes wrong.

Just wanted to say thanks to kodtycoon. You have turned out to be a very active and effective member to the NEM community. I have kicked around starting my own coin (absolutely nothing serious yet), if I do I'll definitely be hitting you up for extra ideas. I would have liked to see you follow through with the multi-pool, though I know there wasn't a whole lot of support, it would have helped NEM even more.

Good to see this one caught on!! Keep em coming!!

Thanks again!!

thank you for your kind words! Smiley i would be more then happy to help you with your coin and contribute any ideas i have. its all i really can do seeing as im not a dev. i would have liked to go through with it also, only finding a dev, and getting the nem devs to agree proved more difficult then i though.. and it was very 50 50 in terms of agreement so i decided not to put too many backs up and let it go.. on the bright side, sharecoin used the idea of launching their multipool mining pre-coin launch and they managed to mine 10btc before the coin launched. so i think it really could have worked for nem. imagine 3 months of mining from allot more miners... would have been allot of buying power!

im very impressed with the support from the community for this. i urge people to claim their stakes through nxt AE even if you dont want to trade.. its more secure then your bitcointalk account. for this reason alone, i think everyone should do it. one of the nxt devs had his btt account hacked and stolen not long ago. luckily he managed to get it back though. not everyone will be that lucky. our accounts will become targets once the stakes are worth more. dont think that it wont happen. i suspect many people will start claiming(perhaps some falsely) their accounts were stolen. mark my words!

btt account hacked and stolen ??

How  that was made? Isn't bitcointalk.org secured for brute force attacks?

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
cupper5

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 08:36:37 AM

Why ?

Quality is not related to how much people work in a given amount of time only the time it takes to comple things is.

Say NXT really does work 24/7 and delivers 100% quality.
Now if NEM only works 20/7 the result can still be 100% quality it'll just take a little longer.

Therefore: quality != time until completion

I do want to say that I doubt that the NXT devs are working much harder than our dev team. Our dev team works a couple of hours a day even on weekends. The only way the NXT devs can work more is if they either have no commitments in their lifes or do not need to sleep for months.

On behalf of all stakeholders we demand that the Nem team has no other commitments in their lives
and that they sleep less.

Now just tell me they are better and more efficient than the NXT guys and I'll be happy.......
bitrage42

Activity: 15

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 09:25:24 AM

read this https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=426303.msg6833419#msg6833419 from "how it works" onwards first.

then go here and read the instructions from utopian https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=616467.0

in short... create nxt account with very strong password(40 chars+), send utopian a pm with your nxt account number saying you want your stake sent to the nxt AE.

thanks!
hamiltino

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

P2P The Planet!

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 09:52:42 AM

Our dev team works a couple of hours a day even on weekends.

I don't know what universe you live in but a couple hours a day is nothing. Especially something that is supposed to change the world. This is starting to seem more like a side project with a nice revenue model than a desire to truly change the world for the better.

I am disappoint.

stacking coin
mattadc

Activity: 426
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2014, 09:56:03 AM

Just wanted to say thanks to kodtycoon. You have turned out to be a very active and effective member to the NEM community. I have kicked around starting my own coin (absolutely nothing serious yet), if I do I'll definitely be hitting you up for extra ideas. I would have liked to see you follow through with the multi-pool, though I know there wasn't a whole lot of support, it would have helped NEM even more.

Good to see this one caught on!! Keep em coming!!

Thanks again!!

thank you for your kind words! Smiley i would be more then happy to help you with your coin and contribute any ideas i have. its all i really can do seeing as im not a dev. i would have liked to go through with it also, only finding a dev, and getting the nem devs to agree proved more difficult then i though.. and it was very 50 50 in terms of agreement so i decided not to put too many backs up and let it go.. on the bright side, sharecoin used the idea of launching their multipool mining pre-coin launch and they managed to mine 10btc before the coin launched. so i think it really could have worked for nem. imagine 3 months of mining from allot more miners... would have been allot of buying power!

im very impressed with the support from the community for this. i urge people to claim their stakes through nxt AE even if you dont want to trade.. its more secure then your bitcointalk account. for this reason alone, i think everyone should do it. one of the nxt devs had his btt account hacked and stolen not long ago. luckily he managed to get it back though. not everyone will be that lucky. our accounts will become targets once the stakes are worth more. dont think that it wont happen. i suspect many people will start claiming(perhaps some falsely) their accounts were stolen. mark my words!

btt account hacked and stolen ??

How  that was made? Isn't bitcointalk.org secured for brute force attacks?

Yup, its actually more common then you would expect! So even just for peice of mind, you should use nxt to hold your stake. Once rhey are worth +1-2btc there guna be a target for hackers.

HOW the hacking was made?
Here is lot of crypto people of all cryptocurrencies. I think they would have made this site secure.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
Parana

Activity: 378

Step into a world!! A P2P world!

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 09:58:36 AM

I don't know what universe you live in but a couple hours a day is nothing. Especially something that is supposed to change the world. This is starting to seem more like a side project with a nice revenue model than a desire to truly change the world for the better.

I am disappoint.

The best things in world (certainly in cryptoworld too) weren't made in one day.

I'am waiting happy. Even it'll be lauched next year. I paid 0,25 BTC on my stake and this is my best ivestment so far.

See you around!

patmast3r

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 10:24:05 AM

I am disappoint.

and you are also delusional it seems.

patmast3r

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 10:34:46 AM

I am disappoint.

The best things in world (certainly in cryptoworld too) weren't made in one day.

I'am waiting happy. Even it'll be lauched next year. I paid 0,25 BTC on my stake and this is my best ivestment so far.

See you around!

im not sure how! its a forum full of the best coders in the world where the accounts can be worth money!... it shouldnt be so surprising that it can be hacked! i dont know how cos im not a coder! but iv seen allot of people talking about there accounts getting hacked.. a dev from nxt had his hacked not long ago but he got it back!

Since it seems that most of the "hacks" happened recently it could be connected to the heartbleed bug allthough there was a big warning on the top of the page.

Pages: « 1 ... 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 [393] 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 ... 484 »
  Print  

Jump to: