Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 05:57:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 [395] 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 ... 484 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEM] NEM -New Economy Movement - No Envy Movement - Updates+Discussion thread  (Read 661421 times)
pabloangello
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 04:33:35 PM

We're forming a SWARM team devoted to the promotion of NEM. We're looking members who are willing to do commenting and upvoting/liking articles, posts, videos etc. in order to promote NEM.

All interested, please send me email to the address nempromotion@gmail.com or PM with your email address and I'll list you! Please include your bitcointalk username in the post.

For the record the SWARM team is not yet active, since there is no coin launched. We're forming the team now, so that we'll have it ready when the need comes.

E

How many participants you already have?

Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gimre
Legendary

Activity: 866
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2014, 07:32:25 PM

I was under the impression that members coded more than 2 hours a day but that was my mistake i just checked the NEM Development plan. I don't find that impossible with a full time job and i was under the impression that it was necessary to do so with your ETA claims. Its just hard for me to compute that a project with huge ambitions is matched with 2 hours a day of work per dev. I am also just getting frustrated with the alpha launch and i am just trying to point the finger at somebody.  Tongue

I've agreed with many things you've said on this forum, but you really got on my nerves, I'm sitting more than 30 hrs a week (and I have a job besides that as other devs), so please, just shut up now.

not to mention the time at my ACTUAL job that I spend thinking ON NEM, and what we need+should do

Oh P.S. I actually was considering quitting job, and one of the devs probably too, but I simply can't afford it.

NemusExMāchinā
Catapult docs: https://docs.symbol.dev
github: https://github.com/symbol
salsacz

Activity: 490
Merit: 504

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 08:01:17 PM

it is easier to work for cryptos when you are unemployed Cheesy
xtester

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

Risk taker & Black Swan farmer.

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 08:19:46 PM

The dev team is doing a great job and we are making good progress.

Btw, thanks again for the hard work.

If people do nothing for the community or the project, at least they should just shut up.

If someone wants to help, they should ask how they can do that.

If you do nothing, then stop complaining while other people are doing the hard work.
cupper5

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 08:59:58 PM

If people do nothing for the community or the project, at least they should just shut up.

If you do nothing, then stop complaining while other people are doing the hard work.

Suggestion, give Gimre the 100 or so stakes not reclamed by sockpuppets so he can pack his job in for a year.
Community vote?
gimre
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2014, 09:11:50 PM

We will have dev stakes, besides there are other devs who also spend day-by-day on nem, putting a lot of work and effort into it.

Also long way ahead, before we'll have both claimed and unclaimed stakes. Smiley

NemusExMāchinā
cupper5

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 09:23:15 PM

We will have dev stakes, besides there are other devs who also spend day-by-day on nem, putting a lot of work and effort into it.

Also long way ahead, before we'll have both claimed and unclaimed stakes. Smiley

Yes I know, I was only joking . It doesn't help you now. Actually I know someone whose work title
is ' senior designer and architect'.I havnt a clue what that means but he told me he has programmed Java
since he was 16. Has done Python and the other languages that you guys do. Trying to convince him to
join up .
TauMuon

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

NEM Enthusiast

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 09:56:36 PM

Yes I know, I was only joking . It doesn't help you now. Actually I know someone whose work title
is ' senior designer and architect'.I havnt a clue what that means but he told me he has programmed Java
since he was 16. Has done Python and the other languages that you guys do. Trying to convince him to
join up .

Awesome. If I had any talented programmer friends I'd be convincing them to join NEM too. Good job!

NEM - New Economy Movement - http://blog.nem.io/overview/ | www.reddit.com/r/nem | https://www.facebook.com/ourNEM | https://twitter.com/nemcoin
Built from the Ground up with 100% Original Code | A Second-Generation Crypto, Radically Improved over Bitcoin | Philosophy of Solidarity and Egalitarianism
cupper5

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 10:04:37 PM

join up .

Awesome. If I had any talented programmer friends I'd be convincing them to join NEM too. Good job!

He's about 39 now I might add not 17 lol. He's listening to me but I have more work to do for full attention.
hamiltino

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

P2P The Planet!

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 12:21:30 AM

I was under the impression that members coded more than 2 hours a day but that was my mistake i just checked the NEM Development plan. I don't find that impossible with a full time job and i was under the impression that it was necessary to do so with your ETA claims. Its just hard for me to compute that a project with huge ambitions is matched with 2 hours a day of work per dev. I am also just getting frustrated with the alpha launch and i am just trying to point the finger at somebody.  Tongue

I've agreed with many things you've said on this forum, but you really got on my nerves, I'm sitting more than 30 hrs a week (and I have a job besides that as other devs), so please, just shut up now.

not to mention the time at my ACTUAL job that I spend thinking ON NEM, and what we need+should do

Oh P.S. I actually was considering quitting job, and one of the devs probably too, but I simply can't afford it.

Well since you BROUGHT it up again(telling someone to shut up is like putting kerosene in  fire)

Yeah if you read it was a misinterpretation, I thought 2 hours a day was too low but his meaning of a couple was different to mine. I never said that anyone should quit their job. If your working 30 hours a week that's approx 4.2 hours a day 7 days a week which is obviously more than 2 hours a day.

If you didn't want anyone talking shit then you should have stayed quite, develop the currency then distribute and release it. This IPO stuff just makes people fucking anxious.

stacking coin
utopianfuture (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 268

Internet of Value

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 01:01:48 AM

Quote from: patmast3r
Who said 2 hours ? I said a couple of hours. That can range from 2 to about 4 or 5 (i guess everyone has their own limits for "a couple").

It's also not like all the devs come together then code for a couple of hours and then nothing happens for a day. Spread over multiple timezones there is probably always somebody working on NEM so if you see it that way the devs are working 24/7.

Imho it's nobodys businees if the devs work 1 minute or 10 hours a day as long as they deliver.

Yes as long as they deliver, but if they don't deliver on time, questions like work hours and doubt will become more and more frequent. These things will pop up whether you like them or not, an open and public forum does not care what your moral compass is.

This is going to turn into more pages of useless dribble lol so i better stop here, cheers.

Anticipate the restlessness and impatience of some stakeholders, refund thread has been opened and and request to list the stake in an exchange has been answered. So now it is everybody's choice to contribute something, show encouragement, stay out or sell your stake. But since it has been said before it is not an investment so I think it is unreasonable for you to complain about other's commitments while there is no promise made to you. Calling for participation, remember ?

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
█████████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
  TomoChain  •    •  TomoChain 
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
utopianfuture (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 268

Internet of Value

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 01:04:20 AM

Well since you BROUGHT it up again(telling someone to shut up is like putting kerosene in  fire)

Yeah if you read it was a misinterpretation, I thought 2 hours a day was too low but his meaning of a couple was different to mine. I never said that anyone should quit their job. If your working 30 hours a week that's approx 4.2 hours a day 7 days a week which is obviously more than 2 hours a day.

If you didn't want anyone talking shit then you should have stayed quite, develop the currency then distribute and release it. This IPO stuff just makes people fucking anxious.

It is not an IPO. Get in your head that NO PROMISE is made to you and there is no ETA.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
  TomoChain  •    •  TomoChain 
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
EFFV

Activity: 278
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 01:04:52 AM

Relax, you could be at the beginning of a very big project, don't you want to be looked at in a professional manner? I suggest you should delete your posts for your own sake. The devs are working hard, and doing great...

"A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves."  -Lao Tzu
My Trust Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=474589.new#new
jnuqsx

Activity: 142

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 01:13:00 AM

Relax, you could be at the beginning of a very big project, don't you want to be looked at in a professional manner? I suggest you should delete your posts for your own sake. The devs are working hard, and doing great...
+1,enjoy  the process of waiting, waiting for the harvest Cheesy
jnuqsx

Activity: 142

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 01:52:23 AM

Looking at Darkcoin incredible success, how will NEM stand regarding anonymity? Will everything be like super transparent or will it have some dark in it? Also, doesnt it make sense for Darkcoin to be banned like in every country?
Darkcoin  achieved anonymous block transfer  for the first time .NEM also can be used for reference?
salsacz

Activity: 490
Merit: 504

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 02:15:57 AM

impossible requirements for people on the forums Cheesy
hunanay

Activity: 174

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 02:34:19 AM

someone suggested i make a detailed post about listing nem coin tokens on the asset exchange.

ok on to the nxt client!

you can download the client from https://bitbucket.org/JeanLucPicard/nxt/downloads/nxt-client-1.1.3.zip

once downloaded unzip the folder to where ever you prefer.

all you have to do is go into the folder,

1. run the windows batch file called "run" with the gears symbol. (this will open a command promt but you dont need to do anything, just wait until it says "successfuly connected to nrs vrs.1.1.3" then move on to step 2 below.

2. run "NXT_wallet" (google chrome symbol)

3. the nxt client has an option for new user or return user. if you downloaded keepass and created a password and saved it. click return user and copy your saved passphrase into the nxt client. using keepass is definitely what i would suggest! if you chose not to, then click new user and it will create a new passphrase for you. copy it, save it somewhere, double triple check its the same with out spaces ether side. open your account with it, close your account and re-open it to make sure the account number created from it is the same!

4. wait for the blocks to download before your do anything else. (the nxt blockchain last time i checked was around 120mb, not gigabytes like bitcoin.)

and thats your account created. Cool all you will have to do now is click on your account number on the top left and click copy address/account and send it to who ever is collecting up the accounts to send to! job done!

if anyone has any suggestions or questions please do not hesitate to ask.
I can't find "successfuly connected to nrs vrs.1.1.3"
I can find "nxt server 1.1.4 started successfully"
is it ok? @kodtycoon
hunanay

Activity: 174

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 05:00:49 AM

It is not an IPO. Get in your head that NO PROMISE is made to you and there is no ETA.
This problem has been discussed in the previous post,just“call for participation,no IPO” Wink
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 05:25:19 AM

I hear ya  Grin
My efficiency at work has decreased rather hard since I always keep taps on the forum and trello on my second screen Smiley

gimre
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2014, 05:40:56 AM

Sorry, didn't mean to offend you, but you've really irritated me.

If you didn't want anyone talking shit then you should have stayed quite, develop the currency then distribute and release it.

We could, but than, you'd probably never hear of NEM, as the project would most likely die.
Having such community is really encouraging and motivating.

Keep in mind, BCNext definitely didn't make NXT in month or two. It's quite obvious that he
was worknig on this for months and stayed quiet as you say.

(I think CfB mentioned it was actually years not months, but I would have to search for that information)

NemusExMāchinā
Pages: « 1 ... 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 [395] 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 ... 484 »
  Print  

Jump to: