Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 08:56:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 [407] 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 ... 484 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEM] NEM -New Economy Movement - No Envy Movement - Updates+Discussion thread  (Read 661421 times)
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 12:34:14 AM

Just for fun, some statistics concerning the NEM subreddit:

- The NEM subreddit has 23% of the subscribers the NXT subreddit has.
 - The NEM subreddit has 0.12% of the subscribers the Bitcoin subreddit has.

If we multiply that with the market caps of those two currencies we pretty much exactly get an estimated market cap of $9 million for NEM (for both values).

If we calulacte the market cap of NEM with the size of this thread vs the old NXT thread we get: $6 million for NEM.

(talk about pulling numbers out of the hat )

Lets see. If that worked, we could pick coins that would give us bad numbers.

How many subscribers mintcoin reddit has? http://www.reddit.com/r/MintCoin/

and how many posts in mintoin btt thread? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=450381.0;topicseen

mintcoin market cap? $ 565,034   

that gives us a market cap  of .. ?

I think these kind of correlations are more incidental or random than they seem. Indeed, we all know that correlation does not imply causation, still we are very prone to getting fooled by randomness.

Here's a quite fascinating list of correlations outlining that point: http://www.tylervigen.com/

Sample size of 2 has no statistical power.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 12:36:47 AM

so closed alpha running smooth without any big probs?

There are no huge design problems so far, but rather just the usual assortment of software bugs that are typical when building anything of moderate complexity. Overall, I would say that things are more stable than I had anticipated, which is good news!

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌

Sora
|
XOR
3LEM3NT

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 01:10:50 AM

I'm excited about all the good news.

Lets just send a copy of our logo over to 99 designs.

For $250 (.5 BTC) we would have many great choices to choose from!!

Thoughts?
TauMuon

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

NEM Enthusiast

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 01:11:53 AM

There are no huge design problems so far, but rather just the usual assortment of software bugs that are typical when building anything of moderate complexity. Overall, I would say that things are more stable than I had anticipated, which is good news!

Good news!

NEM - New Economy Movement - http://blog.nem.io/overview/ | www.reddit.com/r/nem | https://www.facebook.com/ourNEM | https://twitter.com/nemcoin
Built from the Ground up with 100% Original Code | A Second-Generation Crypto, Radically Improved over Bitcoin | Philosophy of Solidarity and Egalitarianism
swartzfeger

Activity: 350

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 01:14:21 AM

NEM community:

I would like to unofficially nominate user kodtycoon as a NEM ambassador to the Nxt community.

He is an investor in both communities and knows the ecosystems. He is driven, and his enthusiasm would serve the NEM community very well to our cousins on the other side of the crypto fence. Kodtycoon (aka ForrestGump at the Nxt forum) is respected member of the Nxt community and would serve as a fine liaison. Over the months, he will develop a natural cross-community outreach as more NEM features are released.

As part of this nomination, I'd like to pledge 10% (100,000) of my stake and would hope to have a minimum of 9 other users match this pledge, so Kodtycoon could receive an additional full stake to serve as an ambassador. Hopefully, it would not be that much extra work for UP and his team to issue .9 stakes to the 10 (or more) people who would pledge.

What do you all think of this proposal? This will be completely user funded, with no community funds to be used or expectations to be set. He will act as an autonomous free agent (a role he's already fulfilling quite well).

Please see my proposal to kodtycoon over at the NEM Asset Exchange thread at the nxt forums.

Thanks!
thuhyl

Activity: 157

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 01:45:25 AM

Good news!

incredibly exciting !
ShawnLeary

Activity: 518
Merit: 504

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 02:03:07 AM

If we multiply that with the market caps of those two currencies we pretty much exactly get an estimated market cap of $9 million for NEM (for both values).

NXT barely uses their sub.  All of their activity is at nxtforum.org.  NEM will be 1-2M.  I would compare it to NAS maybe multiplied a few times because NEM has a stronger following now.

"We have the power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine
gusk73

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 02:03:35 AM

I can wait. Not a problem at all.  This project has gained a lot of trust from me.

+1

Yes, the time is not a problem, this project is a good project, a great good work, good luck! Smiley
overthetop2011

Activity: 678
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 02:04:49 AM

Great work,devs.

Smiley

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion★  Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Anonymous and Untraceable
★  Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 02:16:48 AM

NXT barely uses their sub.  All of their activity is at nxtforum.org.  NEM will be 1-2M.  I would compare it to NAS maybe multiplied a few times because NEM has a stronger following now.

This is the funniest thing I've read all day! Thanks!

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
TauMuon

NEM Enthusiast

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 02:22:59 AM

NXT barely uses their sub.  All of their activity is at nxtforum.org.  NEM will be 1-2M.  I would compare it to NAS maybe multiplied a few times because NEM has a stronger following now.

This is the funniest thing I've read all day! Thanks!

NEM is clearly just NAS, with a stronger following.

/s

NEM - New Economy Movement - http://blog.nem.io/overview/ | www.reddit.com/r/nem | https://www.facebook.com/ourNEM | https://twitter.com/nemcoin
Built from the Ground up with 100% Original Code | A Second-Generation Crypto, Radically Improved over Bitcoin | Philosophy of Solidarity and Egalitarianism
TauMuon

NEM Enthusiast

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 02:26:49 AM

NXT barely uses their sub.  All of their activity is at nxtforum.org.  NEM will be 1-2M.  I would compare it to NAS maybe multiplied a few times because NEM has a stronger following now.

you are kidding right?

note to newbies: do your own research on coins and investments and come to your own conclusions before you listen to random people making predictions. the btce troll box is the home of random predictions and if you listened to that thing you would be broke by the end of the day.. regardless of how much crypto you own!

The BTC-E trollbox is the word of God. Wink

utopianfuture (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 268

Internet of Value

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 02:35:40 AM

I would like to set a bounty for making an investor's handout based on the information in NEM summary

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1A9p6QZcUoDvezVMUsp2kYaF8g_jTNPFPL5e3Tli-jaI/edit#gid=0

The handout should be professionally done 3-4 pages long. Is 0.5 BTC good enough ? Who want to do it ? it should be done within 1 week. I am available for a chat if more information is needed.

Where should I post this to get more attention ?

Has anybody claimed the bounty yet?

I should add some information about the bounty. Professional investor handout should look like this

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mnuhs0aklr1l6wl/Blackcoin%20Meet%20Black%20April%2020%202014.pdf

That is for blackcoin twenty pages + something. We don't need to go that long 4 pages + 1 cover is fine but should include ALL important information in NEM summary. Community distribution should be mentioned. 1 person/ 1 share is kind of unique and a very board base of stakeholders should be mentioned too. Read the letter to waiting list. Some ideas there should be included: vision, commitment, people etc. doesn't need to go into too much technical details except mentioning new innovations. In short, read all information in NEM summary and transform it into a coherent story with an attractive design.

It is not an easy job so bounty could be up to 1btc (or 1 dev. stake if choose that way). I probably need to see a draft before agree on a person taking the bounty, or at least what kind of works have been done by the bounty hunter. Feel free to chat with me if you want more story.  

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
█████████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
  TomoChain  •    •  TomoChain 
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
DynhoSts

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

day trader mode "on"

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 02:37:09 AM

I would like to set a bounty for making an investor's handout based on the information in NEM summary

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1A9p6QZcUoDvezVMUsp2kYaF8g_jTNPFPL5e3Tli-jaI/edit#gid=0

The handout should be professionally done 3-4 pages long. Is 0.5 BTC good enough ? Who want to do it ? it should be done within 1 week. I am available for a chat if more information is needed.

I should add some information about the bounty. Professional investor handout should look like this

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mnuhs0aklr1l6wl/Blackcoin%20Meet%20Black%20April%2020%202014.pdf

That is for blackcoin twenty pages + something. We don't need to go that long 4 pages + 1 cover is fine but should include ALL important information in NEM summary. Community distribution should be mentioned. 1 person/ 1 share is kind of unique and a very board base of stakeholders should be mentioned too. Read the letter to waiting list. Some ideas there should be included: vision, commitment, people etc. doesn't need to go into too much technical details. In short, read all information in NEM summary and transform it into a coherent story with an attractive design.

It is not an easy job so bounty could be up to 1btc (or 1 dev. stake if choose that way). I probably need to see a draft before agree on a person taking the bounty, or at least what kind of works have been done by the bounty hunter. Feel free to chat with me if you want more story. 

Please see my PM ...
utopianfuture (OP)

Internet of Value

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 02:39:22 AM

I'm excited about all the good news.

Lets just send a copy of our logo over to 99 designs.

For $250 (.5 BTC) we would have many great choices to choose from!!

Thoughts?

Funding is coming. We should pay a bit more than the minimum though.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ownerbest

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 02:40:56 AM

NAS? You are funny, nas is just shit coin. Don't be foolish, please

QORA | 2ND GEN | NEW SOURCE CODE | QM8Q7itiFjs9b2QaXgDuedT8cfX5qaYeqC
utopianfuture (OP)

Internet of Value

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 02:47:38 AM

NEM community:

I would like to unofficially nominate user kodtycoon as a NEM ambassador to the Nxt community.

He is an investor in both communities and knows the ecosystems. He is driven, and his enthusiasm would serve the NEM community very well to our cousins on the other side of the crypto fence. Kodtycoon (aka ForrestGump at the Nxt forum) is respected member of the Nxt community and would serve as a fine liaison. Over the months, he will develop a natural cross-community outreach as more NEM features are released.

As part of this nomination, I'd like to pledge 10% (100,000) of my stake and would hope to have a minimum of 9 other users match this pledge, so Kodtycoon could receive an additional full stake to serve as an ambassador. Hopefully, it would not be that much extra work for UP and his team to issue .9 stakes to the 10 (or more) people who would pledge.

What do you all think of this proposal? This will be completely user funded, with no community funds to be used or expectations to be set. He will act as an autonomous free agent (a role he's already fulfilling quite well).

Please see my proposal to kodtycoon over at the NEM Asset Exchange thread at the nxt forums.

Thanks!

We do have some dev. shares in promotion category to all helpers. So finger crossed. For private donation, I certainly support it and in fact there is a very convenient way for all donors to do so. I guess most NEM stakeholders who support the cause of NEM-Nxt liaison also request a NEMstake token, so if you support Kodtycoon you could send 1/10 of the token directly to him.  

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
hamiltino

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

P2P The Planet!

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 02:50:07 AM

I would compare it to NAS maybe multiplied a few times because NEM has a stronger following now.

stacking coin
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 02:54:25 AM

That is for blackcoin twenty pages + something. We don't need to go that long 4 pages + 1 cover is fine but should include ALL important information in NEM summary. Community distribution should be mentioned. 1 person/ 1 share is kind of unique and a very board base of stakeholders should be mentioned too. Read the letter to waiting list. Some ideas there should be included: vision, commitment, people etc. doesn't need to go into too much technical details except mentioning new innovations. In short, read all information in NEM summary and transform it into a coherent story with an attractive design.

A friend is working on a handout and I am guiding him. I'll probably edit his text some and he's using some photos I took.

He's not a stakeholder (didn't have money to buy in), but he is a pretty good programmer (I've worked with him before in person) and it would be good to have him involved in NEM ecosystem stuff once he gets some time (he's busy trying to graduate). I think we can probably put something together that will be good.

I'll try to get him to post here once he gets something done. He already sent me a couple of drafts.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
utopianfuture (OP)

Internet of Value

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 02:58:59 AM

A friend is working on a handout and I am guiding him. I'll probably edit his text some and he's using some photos I took.

He's not a stakeholder (didn't have money to buy in), but he is a pretty good programmer (I've worked with him before in person) and it would be good to have him involved in NEM ecosystem stuff once he gets some time (he's busy trying to graduate). I think we can probably put something together that will be good.

I'll try to get him to post here once he gets something done. He already sent me a couple of drafts.

Great Makoto. We will need something more professional looking than the example he sent me though. I attached the Blackcoin handout here as an example.

We need all good programmers (there will be a plenty of future opportunities). But it might be awkward to put programmers to do works of designers and vice versa.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
Pages: « 1 ... 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 [407] 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 ... 484 »
  Print  

Jump to: