Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 11:15:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 [192] 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 ... 396 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [POT]PotCoin - Banking for the Legal Cannabis Industry ✦ ✦ ✦Grow With Us ✦ ✦ ✦  (Read 920063 times)
PotCoin (OP)

Activity: 335
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 05:55:41 AM

these guys just combine all the people people who they dont have the names for...

i thought it was one big pool.  but then i watched it for 30 min and it kept changing...LOL

PotCoin -Grow With Us-
PotCoin (OP)

Activity: 335
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 06:18:20 AM

!!!!POTCOIN NETWORK ALERT !!!
NEW WALLETS AND BINARIES ARE OUT!!  https://github.com/potcoin/

THE FORK WILL OCCUR AT BLOCK 280,000!!!

DIGISHIELD IMPLEMENT http://www.digibyte.co/digishield UPDATED TO LATEST SSL VERSION! AND BLOCK HALVING EVERY 280,000 BLOCK ( roughly every 130 days )

PLEASE TELL EVERY POOL, EXCHANGE and USER THAT THEY NEED TO UPDATE BEFORE BLOCK 280K

PotCoin -Grow With Us-
gusk73

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 06:31:56 AM

Damn what happened to prices? I checked yesterday and things were looking good, but it tanked right back down again today..

Don't worry, this is normal market! Soon after the price will rise! Smiley Smiley
gusk73

Activity: 28

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 06:35:06 AM

potcoin had a chance a few weeks ago. now....who knows

What happened in a few weeks ago, I want to know if you have what effect can you have?
 Smiley Smiley
Viceroy

Activity: 924
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 05:03:32 PM

, excluding marijuana,

What?  I thought potcoin was supposed to be the solution for dispensaries banking problems.  

Are you saying potcoin isn't the solution to the banking problem?  

Why is the dispensary not accepting potcoin for weed?

Is it because you might be found guilty of money laundering?

Two more entries into the "marijuana banking" biz:

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/gold-coast-announces-merchant-bank-services-to-the-marijuana-industry-with-the-launch-of-mj-merchant-2014-05-22?reflink=MW_news_stmp

http://www.knpr.org/son/archive/detail2.cfm?SegmentID=11210

It's the choice of the dispensary whether or not to accept cryptocurrency for legalized marijuana, and since both are very new they have decided to spend more time evaluating the option. We are working closely with the industry to ensure complete compliance with the laws now and in the future. Again, please have patience. We are working within two relatively new industries where laws and regulations are adapting and evolving and a cautious approach is necessary both for PotCoin and the companies we serve.

Regards,

Russell Thomas

What portion of their business is non-marijuana?  I can't imagine it's more than 3% of their total sales.  

If you only knew the markup on accessories and paraphernalia. Can't really smoke without those can yah? Wink

Yea but in Colorado there are many many glass shops.  That's not what the dispensary would be selling, mostly t-shirts and soda I imagine.  Point is the non-marijuana portion of the business at any dispensary is negligible... maybe 3% of total sales?  Then what portion are we thinking the potcoin users would be purchasing?  1/1000th of that 3%?  

What is that 0.00003% of sales total maximum potential?

Was that really worth a press release?  That's kind of like putting out a press release because you found a penny on the ground and it was face up.

vesperwillow

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 05:38:29 PM

Was that really worth a press release?  That's kind of like putting out a press release because you found a penny on the ground and it was face up.

If it was shiny and new.. that's totes news worthy.

Chronikka

Activity: 658
Merit: 504

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 05:54:05 PM

, excluding marijuana,

What?  I thought potcoin was supposed to be the solution for dispensaries banking problems.  

Are you saying potcoin isn't the solution to the banking problem?  

Why is the dispensary not accepting potcoin for weed?

Is it because you might be found guilty of money laundering?

Two more entries into the "marijuana banking" biz:

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/gold-coast-announces-merchant-bank-services-to-the-marijuana-industry-with-the-launch-of-mj-merchant-2014-05-22?reflink=MW_news_stmp

http://www.knpr.org/son/archive/detail2.cfm?SegmentID=11210

It's the choice of the dispensary whether or not to accept cryptocurrency for legalized marijuana, and since both are very new they have decided to spend more time evaluating the option. We are working closely with the industry to ensure complete compliance with the laws now and in the future. Again, please have patience. We are working within two relatively new industries where laws and regulations are adapting and evolving and a cautious approach is necessary both for PotCoin and the companies we serve.

Regards,

Russell Thomas

What portion of their business is non-marijuana?  I can't imagine it's more than 3% of their total sales.  

If you only knew the markup on accessories and paraphernalia. Can't really smoke without those can yah? Wink

Yea but in Colorado there are many many glass shops.  That's not what the dispensary would be selling, mostly t-shirts and soda I imagine.  Point is the non-marijuana portion of the business at any dispensary is negligible... maybe 3% of total sales?  Then what portion are we thinking the potcoin users would be purchasing?  1/1000th of that 3%?  

What is that 0.00003% of sales total maximum potential?

FUD. Anybody can make up numbers. Your argument might be valid but as long as you're just spit balling numbers with no real facts about anything, you could just as likely be wrong. Nobody will take you seriously otherwise. Especially considering you led off your statement by telling us what a dispensary should or should not sell. Do you own one? I'm not sure you're qualified enough to tell us what they should be selling, or how much they make.

Secondly...The coin is still 4 months old. 4 months. If you told me 4 months ago that a dispensary would be accepting Potcoin, with ATMs physically located inside the dispensary I would have invested a lot more. People don't always agree with the direction of this coin, but I don't think anybody would dispute there is progress being made.  People forget that crypto currency in general is still a complete mystery to most of the people in the world. We are the 1% of the population who have this new technology figured out. Most people are still struggling to figure out Bitcoin, let alone Potcoin.

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination"  -Albert Einstein
ny2cafuse
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002

HODL for life.

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 06:33:08 PM

Secondly...The coin is still 4 months old. 4 months. If you told me 4 months ago that a dispensary would be accepting Potcoin, with ATMs physically located inside the dispensary I would have invested a lot more.

Wasn't that the original goal that was being told to us 4 months ago?

Also, is there a promotion to buy things with POT at the dispensary?  If I have a $20 bill in my hand, and there's no incentive to exchange it for POT at the ATM, won't I just buy what I was going to buy with the $20 bill?  Is there an incentive to exchange?  Like is Rock River giving a 5% discount for using POT?

I'm not knocking the ATM, I just want to know what the marketing angle is to get patients hooked on using it.

-Fuse

Community > Devs
vesperwillow

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 06:39:30 PM

Speaking of marketing, whatever happened to the marketing packages which should've been ready to go within a few weeks of coin launch but were only recently apparently "thought about" thanks to some clever suggestions?

Chronikka

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 06:47:08 PM

Secondly...The coin is still 4 months old. 4 months. If you told me 4 months ago that a dispensary would be accepting Potcoin, with ATMs physically located inside the dispensary I would have invested a lot more.

Also, is there a promotion to buy things with POT at the dispensary?  If I have a $20 bill in my hand, and there's no incentive to exchange it for POT at the ATM, won't I just buy what I was going to buy with the $20 bill?  Is there an incentive to exchange?  Like is Rock River giving a 5% discount for using POT?

I'm not knocking the ATM, I just want to know what the marketing angle is to get patients hooked on using it.

-Fuse

Discounts have been discussed but I think they are still feeling it out right now. But you're right there is no reason while you are standing there with cash in hand to use Potcoin. But the next time you come back maybe you walk in with potcoin instead of cash.

Just like bitcoin you can't expect people to all of a sudden stop using cash. Its what people know and what they feel safe with. The ATM at this point probably has a larger effect just spreading the word about potcoin than it does in actually supporting sales at the dispensary.

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination"  -Albert Einstein
Viceroy

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 06:55:33 PM

FUD. Anybody can make up numbers. Your argument might be valid but as long as you're just spit balling numbers with no real facts about anything, you could just as likely be wrong. Nobody will take you seriously otherwise. Especially considering you led off your statement by telling us what a dispensary should or should not sell. Do you own one? I'm not sure you're qualified enough to tell us what they should be selling, or how much they make.

Don't call me FUD brodda... you have no idea what I know.  I know more than 99% of Coloradans on the issue of medical marijuana and it's regulation because I am intimately involved in the industry and started researching it in 2008.  My full time job is "in the industry".  I owned and operated my first dispensary for a year and then went on to work with dozens of shops in managerial positions or higher as I negotiated to acquire them. 

The potcoin-atm story has no weight. 

Going to a "beer store" and buying "bubblegum" is not a real business model. 

So tell me again, what is Potcoin?

Chronikka

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 07:08:30 PM

Don't call me FUD brodda... you have no idea what I know.  I know more than 99% of Coloradans on the issue of medical marijuana and it's regulation because I am intimately involved in the industry and started researching it in 2008.  My full time job is "in the industry".  I owned and operated my first dispensary for a year and then went on to work with dozens of shops in managerial positions or higher as I negotiated to acquire them.  

Potcoin is direct competition to the platform you support, Mediswipe. No idea what your involvement in that company is but frankly its irrelevant. But that's why you're in here isn't it? To troll your competition.

Definition of FUD: Fear, uncertainty, and doubt. You doubt the success and validity of the coin, and you're uncertain that it will solve the issues at hand (mainly the banking problem). You clearly fear it because you're in here pushing for people to get out of the coin in favor of what YOU support. So yes...its all FUD.

Kryptic

Activity: 41

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 07:12:11 PM

Don't call me FUD brodda... you have no idea what I know.  I know more than 99% of Coloradans on the issue of medical marijuana and it's regulation because I am intimately involved in the industry and started researching it in 2008.  My full time job is "in the industry".  I owned and operated my first dispensary for a year and then went on to work with dozens of shops in managerial positions or higher as I negotiated to acquire them. 

Potcoin is direct competition to the platform you support, Mediswipe. No idea what your involvement in that company is but frankly its irrelevant. That's why you're in here isn't it? To troll your competition.

Definition of FUD: Fear, uncertainty, and doubt. You doubt the success and validity of the coin, and you're uncertain that it will solve the issues at hand (mainly the banking problem). You clearly fear it because you're in here pushing for people to get out of the coin in favor of what YOU support. So yes...its all FUD.

love pot
Viceroy

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 07:32:10 PM

Potcoin is direct competition to the platform you support, Mediswipe. No idea what your involvement in that company is but frankly its irrelevant. But that's why you're in here isn't it? To troll your competition.

Wow, is that all you got?  Attack anyone questioning the greatness of potcoin?  
It's not possible there are actually thinking people who question the reason for this also-ran?

Relax, I have nothing to do with mediwipe or either of the other two links I posted.  My point, since the beginning of potcoin, is that there is no point for potcoin.  If potcoin aims to be the bank then they are failing miserably.

People who ask questions are not always FUD.  But it's easy for you to try to discredit me by using that word.
Now you don't need to attack me just because I question the purpose of the coin oh great namecaller.

* Viceroy thinks you hold too many potcoin and dream of it reaching some astronomical height which it is highly unlikely to ever attain

Viceroy

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 07:35:35 PM

-Fuse

Let's not deal with facts or anything...   
* Viceroy rolls eyes at Chronikka
Chronikka

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 07:42:36 PM

Wow, is that all you got?  Attack anyone questioning the greatness of potcoin?  
It's not possible there are actually thinking people who question the reason for this also-ran?

Relax, I have nothing to do with mediwipe or either of the other two links I posted.  My point, since the beginning of potcoin, is that there is no point for potcoin.  If potcoin aims to be the bank then they are failing miserably.

People who ask questions are not always FUD.  But it's easy for you to try to discredit me by using that word.
Now you don't need to attack me just because I question the purpose of the coin oh great namecaller.

* Viceroy thinks you hold too many potcoin and dream of it reaching some astronomical height which it is highly unlikely to ever attain

I called you a troll because you are in fact...a troll. Seriously you're now referring to yourself in the third person here. Not to mention all your talk about how involved you are and how much more aware you are compared to everybody in Colorado. You want to discuss facts but I have yet to see evidence of any sort you are as influential as you say. Just some spouting off about how useless the coin is. That makes you a troll, and why I called you one.

Viceroy

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 07:43:20 PM

Sticks and stones may break my bones but your attacking me will not pump the price of potcoin.  Seriously.

ps. Oh, lol, you are in the industry?  Tell me more I don't believe you.

pps. I didn't say I was influential, don't put words in my mouth.  I said I was knowledgeable (and well researched).

Chronikka

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 07:45:09 PM

Sticks and stones may break my bones but your attacking me will not pump the price of potcoin.  Seriously.

Who said anything about price? Just you.

Maybe if you throw enough crap against a wall some of it will stick?

Viceroy

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 07:48:38 PM

Well it's clear all you are doing is attacking me, not actually addressing my comment that potcoin is/was attempting to be the bank for the industry.  Go back a few posts, I'm not the only one who is confused about the statement that potcoin aims to be the industry choice for banking and now is coming out with press releases that says they are maybe going to do some little tiny fraction of the t-shit business at one dispensary.

That's not press worthy.  

And you feel the need to attack me because I brought this to the fore.  Go back to your bridge.

Bitarama

Activity: 175
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2014, 08:04:43 PM
Last edit: May 29, 2014, 01:58:39 AM by Bitarama

Crypto Vein
www.cryptovein.com

P2Pool with a twist
Guaranteed lowest DOA P2Pool
Current POT DOA : 0.45%

We have built a totally new way to mine on p2pools:
  • PPLNS has been replaced by PROP payouts.
  • Killed off P2Pools DOA Shocked
  • Alot of coins to mine
  • Profit Switcher (cash out to BTC)
  • Manual Switcher (No more re-connecting and setting user names in your miners!)
  • Low payout thresholds
  • Friendly chat community
  • Live Balance updates
  • Lots of live stats and graphs
  • 1% fee on manual mining
  • 2% fee on profit switcher

Join Now !

Pages: « 1 ... 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 [192] 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 ... 396 »
  Print  

Jump to: