Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 07:51:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 [142] 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 ... 396 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [POT]PotCoin - Banking for the Legal Cannabis Industry ✦ ✦ ✦Grow With Us ✦ ✦ ✦  (Read 920050 times)
bigc1984

Activity: 658
Merit: 534

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 02:51:48 AM

I have a GPU farm mining HeavyCoin as of recent! Its feature set is worth a mention, It was once CPU only and GPU's just got let in the party not to long ago and miners run really cool! Great for summer and not asic friendly...

Asics are already here! If you were doing any kind of multipool action you know the price has been anchoring..

It maybe a binary moment for a lot of coins! Theres not gonna be any in-between... Sometimes innovation is enough and a grasping of opportunity is all that matters but i think our situation is dependent upon more factors and one that sticks out like a sore thumb is "timing"~

HVC is doing well and will continue to do well because of the timing & innovation!! It came right at the right time when GPU's are "shifting" from scrypt and its making a market for itself by giving miners an "opportune" moment !

For POT it seems the halving conversation has blown up into an all out are we "changing" from scrypt conversation.
Rightly so as the slaughtering of the market proceeds by the asics but, even tho that binary moment maybe among us soon.. the difference in yea or nea may not be as important as the timing!

I dont think we have enough swagg to carry us pass any round of asics..  The reaper is among us and maneuver away we must!! I didnt just mention HVC by chance .. I secretly wish POT had some of its features like the temporal retargeting but our chance to innovate is handcuffed to a timing variable amongst others so im not sure how long we have an opportunity to grasp for our defining moment~

Its make or break time! Cmon POT!!!

He already made the decision. He said not moving from scrypt. Price will continue to plummit. The decision should have been made days ago to switch. Potcoin prices have been steadily rising and this is the first time it's taken such a big loss and its ALL from saying we wont change algos. I come here checking to hopefully see he changes his mind so I can quickly rebuy my pot... but I don't think he understands the seriousness.

EDIT: Developer. Can we please get an explanation as to why you are doing this?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bertlebbert

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 03:31:09 AM

So where and when can we download the Imaginary Android App ?
Sardine

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 03:50:02 AM

In the past 1-2 weeks, there has been some news about potcoin which brought in new buyers and kept the coin from sinking.
potcoin should have been at 1000 (or less) 1-2 weeks ago except that some new publicity kept it from sinking
Now that publicity has worn off. The big holders are panicking and dumping.  Now is a good time to buy.

Some good news.  It appears the net hash rate has decreased a little.
The mine&dump people are starting to leave.
bertlebbert

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 03:51:49 AM

I have seen some comments referring to "short sales"... Do Mintpal or Cryptsy allow these trades ?
capthowdy31

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 03:54:04 AM

I've been kinda wondering the same thing.....it's been "almost ready" for weeks now....I understand testing, bugs, etc...but figured it woulda been released by now
bertlebbert

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 04:06:30 AM

I've been kinda wondering the same thing.....it's been "almost ready" for weeks now....I understand testing, bugs, etc...but figured it woulda been released by now

Kinda curious about progress on those "industry specfic" POS terminals as well...

Hopefully we'll get some good news 4/20 roll-out !
bigc1984

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 04:08:33 AM

In the past 1-2 weeks, there has been some news about potcoin which brought in new buyers and kept the coin from sinking.
potcoin should have been at 1000 (or less) 1-2 weeks ago except that some new publicity kept it from sinking
Now that publicity has worn off. The big holders are panicking and dumping.  Now is a good time to buy.

Some good news.  It appears the net hash rate has decreased a little.

Nah actually I was here when the price started going down and it's due to the developers announcement that we wouldn't be switching to an asic resistant algorithm. I don't think this is fair for the people who have been with the coin since day one. Coins done for it at this rate which is sad =(
SCryptoMiners

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 04:13:02 AM

http://pot.scryptominers.com

Our members have already mined over 18,750,000 POT Cool

2 POT block finder bonus.
PPLNS (Pay Per Last N Shares) reward system
Round earnings credited after 40 confirms.
All block transaction fees are passed along to miners.
Minimum payout: 1 POT.

We process payouts every 60 seconds.

Join a reliable mining pool: POT | WC (Whitecoin) | DUCK
24Kilo

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 04:19:08 AM

Now that publicity has worn off. The big holders are panicking and dumping.  Now is a good time to buy.

Some good news.  It appears the net hash rate has decreased a little.

Nah actually I was here when the price started going down and it's due to the developers announcement that we wouldn't be switching to an asic resistant algorithm. I don't think this is fair for the people who have been with the coin since day one. Coins done for it at this rate which is sad =(

So ASIC's are the new face of evil?!

Amazing how the ASIC' are leaving POT coin then in droves... yes... the price has fallen to 1000, but the difficulty has fallen to less than 15 right in line with where it was when the price was at 1000 a few weeks ago. In case you are wondering... I have been mining this since a few days after launch... stopped mining POT when the difficulty went over 22 because it was not profitable... will get back in the next few days. And I completely expected this to happen, POT was listed on Cryptsy and thus has been added to the multi-pool algos... so I have actually been expecting the price to drop back to 1000 and even back to 800-ish... since the last price rise was a pump and there has been no real reason for POT price to rise at this moment.

Absolutely nothing to do with ASIC's... but you are welcome to believe that if you want.
bertlebbert

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 04:27:52 AM

Now that publicity has worn off. The big holders are panicking and dumping.  Now is a good time to buy.

Amazing how the ASIC' are leaving POT coin then in droves... yes... the price has fallen to 1000, but the difficulty has fallen to less than 15 right in line with where it was when the price was at 1000 a few weeks ago. In case you are wondering... I have been mining this since a few days after launch... stopped mining POT when the difficulty went over 22 because it was not profitable... will get back in the next few days. And I completely expected this to happen, POT was listed on Cryptsy and thus has been added to the multi-pool algos... so I have actually been expecting the price to drop back to 1000 and even back to 800-ish... since the last price rise was a pump and there has been no real reason for POT price to rise at this moment.

Absolutely nothing to do with ASIC's... but you are welcome to believe that if you want.

So, foreseeing the price decline and recognizing the pump, did you sell into the strength ?  Only curious because I have yarded up on this coin in the hope it has excellent long term potential...
bigc1984

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 04:30:49 AM

A coin shows it is healthy by a steady increase in value so you are saying that the price should be between 800-1000 still.. which is the price it was a month ago? So you are saying that potcoin hasn't raised in value at all? Either way it's not looking good.
PotCoin (OP)

Activity: 335
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2014, 04:38:17 AM

POTCOIN IS GROWING LIKE GOOD WEED!!!

SOCIAL

Facebook 6,593 friends

Reddit 1507 potheads

Twitter 1766 followers

Google About 142,000 results (0.27 seconds)

Listed on over 30 Pools

Traded on over 7 exchanges

PLACES ITS USED!

Accepted in over 20 places

and 10 more accept it for donations!

NEWS

Techchrunch

Huffington post

business insider

international banking times

Fox new business online

Fox new business on TV!!!

heavy.com

marijuana.com

and the list continues!

WEBSITE STATS!

Potcoin.info is ranked #151,541 in the world, a low rank means that this website gets lots of visitors. Its primary traffic from United States and is ranked #51,525 in United States. It has 1 subdomains with traffic. It has n/a visitors per day, and has n/a pageviews per day.

50,000 UNIQUES A MONTH!

Speaking april 9th at the cryptocurrencyconvention.com

Denver Colorado for the BIG CELEBRATION! Cannabis cub and 4/20

POTCOIN OFFICIAL WORLD WIDE LAUNCH PARTY!!!! 4.20.2014!!!!

MORE NEWS TO COME!

PotCoin -Grow With Us-
bertlebbert

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 04:43:02 AM

POTCOIN IS GROWING LIKE GOOD WEED!!!

SOCIAL

Facebook 6,593 friends

Reddit 1507 potheads

Twitter 1766 followers

Google About 142,000 results (0.27 seconds)

Listed on over 30 Pools

Traded on over 7 exchanges

PLACES ITS USED!

Accepted in over 20 places

and 10 more accept it for donations!

NEWS

Techchrunch

Huffington post

business insider

international banking times

Fox new business online

Fox new business on TV!!!

heavy.com

marijuana.com

and the list continues!

WEBSITE STATS!

Potcoin.info is ranked #151,541 in the world, a low rank means that this website gets lots of visitors. Its primary traffic from United States and is ranked #51,525 in United States. It has 1 subdomains with traffic. It has n/a visitors per day, and has n/a pageviews per day.

50,000 UNIQUES A MONTH!

Speaking april 9th at the cryptocurrencyconvention.com

Denver Colorado for the BIG CELEBRATION! Cannabis cub and 4/20

POTCOIN OFFICIAL WORLD WIDE LAUNCH PARTY!!!! 4.20.2014!!!!

MORE NEWS TO COME!

Cool !

... and how much cost a dozen eggs?
lucienlu

Activity: 182

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 04:46:31 AM

hi allguys!

Get Daily Free SIGNs before too late.T4gejMMptw2hAf4Zi1BbD4ZtvJDEqeGXE8
Click here-enjoy-Pirate-coin: Pw2t7Ly1uFCjGiZrKhYeXWJnxfp6ttcC6g
3ACoin -IPO-FREE-POS 10%-Web Games.
24Kilo

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 05:15:59 AM

A coin shows it is healthy by a steady increase in value so you are saying that the price should be between 800-1000 still.. which is the price it was a month ago? So you are saying that potcoin hasn't raised in value at all? Either way it's not looking good.

Price is only one part of the equation of a healthy coin... infrastructure, network hash-rate, and price must all be looked at. POT should be priced right now at about 2000 or abit less. But with the artificial price pump, brought increased difficulty from short-term profit miners who took notice of POT for the first time when combined with listing on Cryptsy and the subsequent Coinwarz listing, POT became exposed to heavy selling pressure from short-term miners and multi-pools, so POT has to absorb that pressure before it can reverse its pricing.

To me the difficulty decline is the best indicator that POT is recovering. The short-term miners are leaving and the multi-pools are not very interested because of the low profit margin, so this will put most of the mined coins back into the hands of the long-term miners, like myself, and with time the surplus will balance with demand and price will rise again. But I expect the price to drop to 800 and the difficulty to collapse below 10 before the recovery starts. So another week or so.

POT is a victim of price and market manipulation and is suffering from inorganic valuation. Pretty simple and basic fundamentals.

So, foreseeing the price decline and recognizing the pump, did you sell into the strength ?  Only curious because I have yarded up on this coin in the hope it has excellent long term potential...

If you overlay a difficulty chart and price chart, you will see organic and natural price and difficulty increases up to about 2000, then suddenly the price started to run away from the difficulty. So yes, I sold about 200,000 POT above 3000 and made a very nice profit. I have yet to buy back in, as I had a pretty good idea that with the big a pump on the upside, of about 1000(over the natural price of 2000), that POT would have to sink to about 1000(1000 below the natural price of 2000), so equal rise and fall. And with the new pressure of the Cryptsy/Coinwarz listing, i expect POT to needs to drop to around 800 to shake off the effects of the pump.

I had no interest in selling any POT at any price until I saw the pump happening, just as I have to sell any of the DOPE I have mined. I will not sell a coin when I can see it is enjoying natural and organic increases in value, but if there is going to be a pump, I am taking the profit.

Any time the price of a commodity is manipulated... pumping, block reward reduction, algo changing, etc... any gains are only short-term at best, with the long-term effects usually doing more harm than good. For a few real life examples, look at the Australian wool stockpile and current Chinese cotton stockpile.

I am still a very long-term holder of POT, I believe POT and DOPE have the best potential of any of the new alt-coins(released in 2014) to become real and usable currencies. And for the record, I believe that DOPE and POT are much more complimentary than competitive.
bertlebbert

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 05:26:12 AM

Price is only one part of the equation of a healthy coin... infrastructure, network hash-rate, and price must all be looked at. POT should be priced right now at about 2000 or abit less. But with the artificial price pump, brought increased difficulty from short-term profit miners who took notice of POT for the first time when combined with listing on Cryptsy and the subsequent Coinwarz listing, POT became exposed to heavy selling pressure from short-term miners and multi-pools, so POT has to absorb that pressure before it can reverse its pricing.

To me the difficulty decline is the best indicator that POT is recovering. The short-term miners are leaving and the multi-pools are not very interested because of the low profit margin, so this will put most of the mined coins back into the hands of the long-term miners, like myself, and with time the surplus will balance with demand and price will rise again. But I expect the price to drop to 800 and the difficulty to collapse below 10 before the recovery starts. So another week or so.

POT is a victim of price and market manipulation and is suffering from inorganic valuation. Pretty simple and basic fundamentals.

If you overlay a difficulty chart and price chart, you will see organic and natural price and difficulty increases up to about 2000, then suddenly the price started to run away from the difficulty. So yes, I sold about 200,000 POT above 3000 and made a very nice profit. I have yet to buy back in, as I had a pretty good idea that with the big a pump on the upside, of about 1000(over the natural price of 2000), that POT would have to sink to about 1000(1000 below the natural price of 2000), so equal rise and fall. And with the new pressure of the Cryptsy/Coinwarz listing, i expect POT to needs to drop to around 800 to shake off the effects of the pump.

I had no interest in selling any POT at any price until I saw the pump happening, just as I have to sell any of the DOPE I have mined. I will not sell a coin when I can see it is enjoying natural and organic increases in value, but if there is going to be a pump, I am taking the profit.

Any time the price of a commodity is manipulated... pumping, block reward reduction, algo changing, etc... any gains are only short-term at best, with the long-term effects usually doing more harm than good. For a few real life examples, look at the Australian wool stockpile and current Chinese cotton stockpile.

I am still a very long-term holder of POT, I believe POT and DOPE have the best potential of any of the new alt-coins(released in 2014) to become real and usable currencies. And for the record, I believe the DOPE and POT are much more complimentary than competitive.

I appreciate your insight and obvious integrity;  I will wait  till down around 800 (or a "touch" higher) where I am going to avergae down... Thank you!
bigc1984

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 05:27:07 AM

I am still a very long-term holder of POT, I believe POT and DOPE have the best potential of any of the new alt-coins(released in 2014) to become real and usable currencies. And for the record, I believe that DOPE and POT are much more complimentary than competitive.

When POT first came out and before it was on a single exchange we did all the trading on reddit and we use to get .25btc per 10k potcoin during the first couple weeks after release.
bdc2343

Activity: 296
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 05:30:00 AM

At least someone knows what's going on.  But, if i was one of the Dev's, I wouldn't have let this happen to my coin.  I would have halved the coin, raised the difficultly making sure mining profits are nothing.  This would have forced them out of the coin immediately.  But no, we let them come in and raise the outstanding coins from 40 million to 60 million in just a few weeks.  Still, no halving and now difficulty will be very low.  Big farm miners are going to come back strong now and finally kill the coin.  I have been trying to tell them, but nothing is happening.  

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
▪  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy  ▪
▄▄█▀▀      Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  GitHub      ▀▀█▄▄
24Kilo

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 05:39:50 AM
Last edit: March 26, 2014, 06:24:32 AM by 24Kilo

I appreciate your insight and obvious integrity;  I will wait  till down around 800 (or a "touch" higher) where I am going to average down... Thank you!

If you are not a miner, I would start buying in at 1000, not a lot, but small buys here and there. But be warned, I could be all wrong the price could drop to zero. You use your best judgement and due diligence. I am not an expert by any stretch of the imagination.

I know for a fact, that while I have great confidence in POT and the dev team, any delay of infrastructure is going to create heavy downward pressure on the price. So while I don't expect the price to fall much past 800 even on a bad day. If there is significant delays, then just like the effect of Cryptsy/Coinwarz has had on the price, delays will definitely increase downward price pressure.

So use caution and good judgement.

When POT first came out and before it was on a single exchange we did all the trading on reddit and we use to get .25btc per 10k potcoin during the first couple weeks after release.

Most coins are significantly over-priced at launch and each exchange the coin is added to increases downward price pressure. POT was just fine on Cryptorush, there was no need for the listing on Mintpal or Cryptsy, but the short sighted and profit-takers only want to see rising prices and more outlets to dump higher volumes of coins.

I can't understand the impatience and lack of judgement often displayed on the forum here.
Lovethecoins

Merit: 500

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 05:51:17 AM

Great rants today on here lots of good reading material... I am a huge believer that Potcoin will take off.. waiting for andriod wallet and that will blow us open.... This take time people we are only started not even at launch day..

Stop arguing and be happy you found potcoin when it was under a penny

Pages: « 1 ... 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 [142] 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 ... 396 »
  Print  

Jump to: