Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 01:17:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 [185] 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 ... 396 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [POT]PotCoin - Banking for the Legal Cannabis Industry ✦ ✦ ✦Grow With Us ✦ ✦ ✦  (Read 920067 times)
flipme

Activity: 2170
Merit: 640

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 06:59:21 PM

Imagine if you half the reward and the difficulty goes up anyway(multipool hammering or 300MH asics)?  Now you're talking about it being doubly hard to produce coins.  Increasing the difficulty curve doesn't alter the reward in any way.  It just slows it down.  As does extending the block time.  The two could be done in one fell swoop, and be less drastic than halving 4 times a year.

The difficulty would be as easy as implementing a multiplier to the algorithm that just says the difficulty is just 1.1 times what it should be, or whatever value is decided on.  Block time is just as easy to change.  If I remember correctly it's just one variable... although I could be wrong.  I haven't looked at the POT code in depth.

-Fuse

Thanks for explaining that, it does make sense when you put it that way, or at least i am able to see what you are talking about. It does make sense, i don't necessarily agree with it though.

I still think halving the coin is less of a punishment to those with lesser amounts of hash to throw around on the coin.

Let's see what everyone thinks when they start posting the poll  Cool

You're so delusional, you should change your handle to "sirsmokestoomuch"

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
sirsmokesalot

Activity: 767
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 07:44:32 PM

Imagine if you half the reward and the difficulty goes up anyway(multipool hammering or 300MH asics)?  Now you're talking about it being doubly hard to produce coins.  Increasing the difficulty curve doesn't alter the reward in any way.  It just slows it down.  As does extending the block time.  The two could be done in one fell swoop, and be less drastic than halving 4 times a year.

The difficulty would be as easy as implementing a multiplier to the algorithm that just says the difficulty is just 1.1 times what it should be, or whatever value is decided on.  Block time is just as easy to change.  If I remember correctly it's just one variable... although I could be wrong.  I haven't looked at the POT code in depth.

-Fuse

Thanks for explaining that, it does make sense when you put it that way, or at least i am able to see what you are talking about. It does make sense, i don't necessarily agree with it though.

I still think halving the coin is less of a punishment to those with lesser amounts of hash to throw around on the coin.

Let's see what everyone thinks when they start posting the poll  Cool

You're so delusional, you should change your handle to "sirsmokestoomuch"

Care to elaborate, or do you just feel like casting stones?

Either way, you can't ever smoke too much ;P

We can't grow when we won't criticize ourselves!
-->>>Unobtanium - The crypto you keep!<<<--
sirsmokesalot

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 08:08:53 PM

BE AWARE I HAVE FOUND COYOTE WALLSTREET TRYING TO PULL HIS SCAMS AGAIN>  REMEMBER 420 USD.....

ive been investigating him and following him since he tried to scam potcoin

THIS IS ANOTHER REASON WE TRADEMARKED THE NAME POTCOIN ----- HES USING THE HANDLE @POTCOINS on twitter.... FOR PEOPLE LIKE THIS!

http://www.litecoiner.biz/

http://litecoiner.info/

twitter handles

https://twitter.com/PotCoins   =  MMJ NOTES - 4MMJ

@LiteCoinerPromo

#NYCMA Merchant

http://www.nyccoinmerchantassociation.webs.com

http://kitcocrypto.webs.com/crypto-promotion

YOU CAN TELL ITS HIM HE ALWAYS USES WEBS AND YAHOO MAIL

older news from his previous scams

http://www.reddit.com/r/dogecoin/comments/1upi6a/coyote_wallstreet_going_crazy_over_dogecoin/

http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/coyote-wallstreet-/staten-island-new-york-10324/coyote-wallstreet-twitter-acct-coyotewallst-aka-pat-fraud-alert-scammer-staten-islan-1119311

Scams again? WTF is going on, why was this posted with no other news about WHY this was posted? You need to explain what prompted this please. Other wise, if this is because of stuff that is happening on reddit, you should give links as it pertains to nothing that has taken place on these forums in the last day or so.

I went to the sites, it looks like a bunch of misinformation meant to confuse people who don't like to think for them selves. It confused me because i didn't know wtf i was looking at, or for, or anything.

bdc2343

Activity: 296
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 11:42:45 PM

Update on river rock

Our Colorado Ambassador Russel thomas is going to be meeting john the ceo on tuesday at the dispensary to discuss where the ATM will go and how we will secure it - we will also be placing our big pop potcoin banners next to the atm.

We hope to have the first ATM at the main river rock location by the end of next week, we will should no tho by Wednesday.

We are very excited about this and we will be doing A formal press release in conjunction with river rock medical and combine forces to do a good social media push together.

We have been also getting lots of people filling out of merchant on the website and we look forward to getting them accepting potcoins and getting them listed on smokepotcoins and potcoinme

So what happened with the meeting this week with River Rock.  Russell Thomas the Denver Ambassador has he even been it talks with them this week?  Are there more delays due to the attacks?  It's seems like this thing with River Rock will never happen.

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
▪  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy  ▪
▄▄█▀▀      Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  GitHub      ▀▀█▄▄
omahapoker

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 11:46:07 PM

potcoin had a chance a few weeks ago. now....who knows
PotCoin (OP)

Activity: 335
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2014, 12:26:59 AM

Update on river rock

Our Colorado Ambassador Russel thomas is going to be meeting john the ceo on tuesday at the dispensary to discuss where the ATM will go and how we will secure it - we will also be placing our big pop potcoin banners next to the atm.

We hope to have the first ATM at the main river rock location by the end of next week, we will should no tho by Wednesday.

We are very excited about this and we will be doing A formal press release in conjunction with river rock medical and combine forces to do a good social media push together.

We have been also getting lots of people filling out of merchant on the website and we look forward to getting them accepting potcoins and getting them listed on smokepotcoins and potcoinme

So what happened with the meeting this week with River Rock.  Russell Thomas the Denver Ambassador has he even been it talks with them this week?  Are there more delays due to the attacks?  It's seems like this thing with River Rock will never happen.

guys be patient - the real world works at the speed of business NOT CRYPTO

1 day in crypto = 7 days in the real world..

hes is scheduled to going to meet cash to btc on tuesday to go install the ATM's and do the employee training and take photo etc.

PotCoin -Grow With Us-
PotCoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2014, 12:28:59 AM

BE AWARE I HAVE FOUND COYOTE WALLSTREET TRYING TO PULL HIS SCAMS AGAIN>  REMEMBER 420 USD.....

ive been investigating him and following him since he tried to scam potcoin

THIS IS ANOTHER REASON WE TRADEMARKED THE NAME POTCOIN ----- HES USING THE HANDLE @POTCOINS on twitter.... FOR PEOPLE LIKE THIS!

http://www.litecoiner.biz/

http://litecoiner.info/

twitter handles

https://twitter.com/PotCoins   =  MMJ NOTES - 4MMJ

@LiteCoinerPromo

#NYCMA Merchant

http://www.nyccoinmerchantassociation.webs.com

http://kitcocrypto.webs.com/crypto-promotion

YOU CAN TELL ITS HIM HE ALWAYS USES WEBS AND YAHOO MAIL

older news from his previous scams

http://www.reddit.com/r/dogecoin/comments/1upi6a/coyote_wallstreet_going_crazy_over_dogecoin/

http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/coyote-wallstreet-/staten-island-new-york-10324/coyote-wallstreet-twitter-acct-coyotewallst-aka-pat-fraud-alert-scammer-staten-islan-1119311

Scams again? WTF is going on, why was this posted with no other news about WHY this was posted? You need to explain what prompted this please. Other wise, if this is because of stuff that is happening on reddit, you should give links as it pertains to nothing that has taken place on these forums in the last day or so.

I went to the sites, it looks like a bunch of misinformation meant to confuse people who don't like to think for them selves. It confused me because i didn't know wtf i was looking at, or for, or anything.

COYOTE WALLSTREET tries to sell crypto's as stock to people who dont know better.

hes done this to

DOGE COIN

SEX COIN

POT COIN

DOPE COIN

etc etc

nothing to be afraid of, just letting you know who this person is.

he keeps changing his name but keeping the same scams...

PotCoin -Grow With Us-
sirsmokesalot

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 01:32:33 AM

Thanks for the clarification! Certainly something to be vigilant of!

PotCoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2014, 01:34:51 AM

Thanks for the clarification! Certainly something to be vigilant of!

its was more of a TWITTER THING..

so different crowd

PotCoin -Grow With Us-
PotCoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2014, 02:03:13 AM

SNOOP DOGG PRIZES HAVE ARRIVED FROM PRIZEO! AND THE VIDEO!!! PLS READ THE ARTICLE

http://www.reddit.com/r/potcoin/comments/25rfwp/snoop_dogg_prizes_from_prizeo_has_arrived_finally/

PotCoin -Grow With Us-
ny2cafuse
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002

HODL for life.

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 03:44:28 AM

That's a lot of hype over the months for this video for something that ended up being a shout out to you personally.

Oh well.  At least someone will get a new pair of house slippers.

Community > Devs
PotCoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2014, 06:37:35 AM

That's a lot of hype over the months for this video for something that ended up being a shout out to you personally.

we are giving away all the snoop prizes to members of the community who have helped out the most.

the slipper are size 6 maybe so .. need to find someone that fits...

and as for the shoutout it was legal crap as you can see in the email i got from prizeo...

got 3 signed things, im sure thats worth a good amount for people who donate..

PotCoin -Grow With Us-
CryptoGuy

Activity: 524

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 10:42:47 AM

we are giving away all the snoop prizes to members of the community who have helped out the most.

and as for the shoutout it was legal crap as you can see in the email i got from prizeo...

Why not a Potcoin auction for the items and then donate the proceeds back to Snoop? More prizes, more auctions, etc etc.

<Insert favorite coin here>
mogonzo

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 01:05:16 PM

For consistent returns, come mine with an OG potcoinpool. We still host the potcoin paper wallet, because our senior dev made it for the community. Don't mess up the rotation, join us for a great sesh.

President - The WhiteCoin Foundation | contact: chris@whitecoin.info
sirsmokesalot

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 07:47:15 PM

Why not a Potcoin auction for the items and then donate the proceeds back to Snoop? More prizes, more auctions, etc etc.

That idea is a good one! I hope they do something like that, makes the best of the situation.

CryptoGuy

Activity: 524

View Profile
May 17, 2014, 07:52:47 PM

Oh well.  At least someone will get a new pair of house slippers.

That idea is a good one! I hope they do something like that, makes the best of the situation.

It's a win-win all around. Supporters won't get pissed that Smokemon is keeping the loot. There are a lot of Snoop fans not in crypto's that would love a chance at having something autographed by him. I can't think of a better way of promoting the coin, if the dev doesn't do something like this I'm going to start wondering where his motivation lies.

<Insert favorite coin here>
nil8tor

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2014, 06:55:19 AM

Update on river rock

The PotCoin ATM's are scheduled to be delivered to both Riverrock locations Tuesday, May 20th, and available to the public on Wednesday. We appreciate your patience as we continue to work on ways to simplify transactions and provide a positive experience using cryptocurrencies for the consumer and the merchant. This will be the first deployment of ATM's and we are very excited to introduce PotCoin to the Colorado market. This is the first of many advancements planned for PotCoin as we aim to help the industry by providing alternate means of monetary exchange in lieu of traditional banking and in support of legalized cannabis for medical and recreational use.

- Russ.T
alt649

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 04:05:06 PM

New Potcoin Lottery backed by real lotto numbers!

Official thread : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=612978.0

Please leave us feedback in our official thread.
sirsmokesalot

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 05:41:13 PM

Oh well.  At least someone will get a new pair of house slippers.

It's a win-win all around. Supporters won't get pissed that Smokemon is keeping the loot. There are a lot of Snoop fans not in crypto's that would love a chance at having something autographed by him. I can't think of a better way of promoting the coin, if the dev doesn't do something like this I'm going to start wondering where his motivation lies.

Well he did ask the reddit community for people they think are deserving of the prizes, personally, i am not too keen on this idea. It leads to hurt feelings, and while some members have made considerable contributions which are of a measurable metric, others contributions aren't nearly as easy to measure.

I think listing the items on the site, potcoin.info, for a week and taking bids on them with Potcoins is the best idea. Those Potcoins could then be put to use as promo coins for dispensaries or something. It is the way the world works, you need to have funds to be able to do things. Greasing the gears is necessary when there are already plenty of other options, have to make it enticing.

Donating the proceeds to charity would be fine and well but i do think the coins could be better utilized to further the cause. The coins could be used for potential bounties and what not, there are a limitless amount of possible uses.

But i might be delusional or something, who knows!

sirsmokesalot

View Profile
May 18, 2014, 05:47:52 PM

Also, i am a little behind the times but i just saw a post on twitter from the 10th about a new wallet and such being released monday. I don't see any posts about a new wallet or the delay of said wallet on the same twitter. 

Seriously?

Pages: « 1 ... 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 [185] 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 ... 396 »
  Print  

Jump to: