Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 09:57:58 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 [460] 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 ... 1311 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Ethereum: Welcome to the Beginning  (Read 2004314 times)
roselee
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 22, 2016, 06:14:53 AM
Last edit: July 22, 2016, 06:30:49 AM by roselee

good article but the disclosure was very interesting

http://elaineou.com/2016/07/18/stick-a-fork-in-ethereum/#forkyou

Disclosure: I have DAO tokens. I also have childDAO tokens.

The Ethereum fork wipes out all the childDAOs. I split most of my DAO tokens after the crowdsale. Those were insulated from the DAO attack, but they become collateral damage in the hard fork. It’s an edge case. There are a lot of edge cases.

There will be about $6 or $7 million in leftover ether, after refunds are claimed. A group of trustees will decide how to redistribute this to the edge cases. In the age of trustless computing, trustees manage wealth redistribution.

so they rolled the dao back to bailout big investors and left some smal ones  with a loss. this means if i understnad it right some did put there tokens in a save haven so to say not affected by the attack and now with bailout they lose there investment ? or denpend on humans to may or may not pay them back ? would they have gotten there investment back if the hf would not have happend ?

roselee
Legendary

View Profile
July 22, 2016, 06:29:59 AM

Critical article but interesting - and not totally wrong:

A Painful Lesson For The Ethereum Community
http://www.forbes.com/sites/francescoppola/2016/07/21/a-painful-lesson-for-the-ethereum-community/#494412bf5714

Nice read, thanks.

I liked these quotes the most.

"Or, in the language of another world, the Ethereum central bank has directly recapitalized the DAO commercial bank by monetizing its debts."

"The Ethereum community has agreed to a change that makes their system less trustworthy than a conventional financial system. For a technology that aims to disrupt conventional financial systems, that is not clever."

"bailouts were – and probably still are – inevitable. Refusing to bail them out would be a major breach of faith"

"Ethereum is only immutable because Buterin says it is. Until he changes his mind. Which he inevitably will, next time there is a major loss. His investors will expect him to, since – y’know – the system is still “in development”. And he will agree, since – y’know – the community is in charge."

Crazy, it's like she knows a thing or two about currency.

It already happened.  The HF is done with.  If you really feel the need to (continuously) cry over it, then please start a new thread.  Otherwise, how about we move on to working toward the same goals the community had for a month ago for Ethereum.  Cool
hmm this is still a free forum where every one can post opinions if you dont like them then you go
and for the thread well you have to live with critic. there is not just claping hands for the hf
and this is not a promotion thread, if newly interested people will come here and get informations about what the ether is they should find all infos not just the ones you like to select and polish.

frostminer

Activity: 742
Merit: 505

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2016, 07:09:18 AM

http://www.forbes.com/sites/francescoppola/2016/07/21/a-painful-lesson-for-the-ethereum-community/#494412bf5714

Nice read, thanks.

"Or, in the language of another world, the Ethereum central bank has directly recapitalized the DAO commercial bank by monetizing its debts."

"The Ethereum community has agreed to a change that makes their system less trustworthy than a conventional financial system. For a technology that aims to disrupt conventional financial systems, that is not clever."

"bailouts were – and probably still are – inevitable. Refusing to bail them out would be a major breach of faith"

"Ethereum is only immutable because Buterin says it is. Until he changes his mind. Which he inevitably will, next time there is a major loss. His investors will expect him to, since – y’know – the system is still “in development”. And he will agree, since – y’know – the community is in charge."

It already happened.  The HF is done with.  If you really feel the need to (continuously) cry over it, then please start a new thread.  Otherwise, how about we move on to working toward the same goals the community had for a month ago for Ethereum.  Cool
hmm this is still a free forum where every one can post opinions if you dont like them then you go
and for the thread well you have to live with critic. there is not just claping hands for the hf
and this is not a promotion thread, if newly interested people will come here and get informations about what the ether is they should find all infos not just the ones you like to select and polish.

LOL, are you still here crying?
How many pages of emo will we have to see?

Soooo.. lemme guess. You shorted ETH and faceplanted?
 Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Perryl

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 22, 2016, 07:16:12 AM

Nice read, thanks.

It already happened.  The HF is done with.  If you really feel the need to (continuously) cry over it, then please start a new thread.  Otherwise, how about we move on to working toward the same goals the community had for a month ago for Ethereum.  Cool

I learned when I was a small child.

If you pay attention to things that are going on around you, there is a better chance you will not make yourself look like an ass when you make a stupid assumption. Or, as the saying goes. To assume makes an ass out of u and me.
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 1075

View Profile
July 22, 2016, 07:26:34 AM

Technically Bitcoin is a fork and Bitcoin Cash is the original blockchain.When the hard fork occurred, people had access to the same amount of coins on Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash.- NIST
roselee
Legendary

View Profile
July 22, 2016, 07:27:36 AM

Nice read, thanks.

hmm would be nice to defame all critics as failed investors who cry now? isnt it?
no i was a ether beliver . got my ether with the crowd sale. believed in it. was a holder. saw with shock what the dao did .befor the attacker. hoped for ether to stay independent. befor the crowdsale i read on the ethereum page: invest but be aware its not save you might lose all.  
when i saw you really do this hf, i sold them. the ether after the hf is not what it was supoosed to be.

and you seem to close your eyes. for the greater pofit?

frostminer

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2016, 07:53:43 AM

Nice read, thanks.

hmm would be nice to defame all critics as failed investors who cry now? isnt it?
no i was a ether beliver . got my ether with the crowd sale. believed in it. was a holder. saw with shock what the dao did .befor the attacker. hoped for ether to stay independent. befor the crowdsale i read on the ethereum page: invest but be aware its not save you might lose all.  
when i saw you really do this hf, i sold them. the ether after the hf is not what it was supoosed to be.

So.. if you sold them and got out. What the f**k is this whining about?

At this point it just looks like you have sand in your vagina

Perryl

View Profile
July 22, 2016, 08:01:10 AM

Nice read, thanks.

Nobody is whining kid. If you don't like relevant forum discussions then don't participate in them.
becoin
Legendary

Activity: 3431
Merit: 1233

View Profile
July 22, 2016, 08:06:05 AM

Nice read, thanks.

Ethereum central bank has directly recapitalized the DAO?
Sounds like Fed recapitalizing Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.

Ethereum Central Bank...
Ethereum central bankers...
LOL.
frostminer

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2016, 08:22:24 AM

Nice read, thanks.

Nobody is whining kid. If you don't like relevant forum discussions then don't participate in them.

Then u need to change your rethorics ..  this sure looks like pages of whining to most ppl.

Why whine AFTER the HF? You had sooo much time to cry and whine before the decision.

I guess you are here because thje whine-thread was basicly ignored by the masses, lol.

FruitBucket

Activity: 286

View Profile
July 22, 2016, 08:34:50 AM

Nice read, thanks.

Ethereum central bank has directly recapitalized the DAO?
Sounds like Fed recapitalizing Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.

Ethereum Central Bank...
Ethereum central bankers...
LOL.

I do not think the write understand the mechanism of getting the stolen funds from the hacker. There is no extra Ethereum created.

Perryl

View Profile
July 22, 2016, 08:41:00 AM

Nice read, thanks.

Then u need to change your rethorics ..  this sure looks like pages of whining to most ppl.

Why whine AFTER the HF? You had sooo much time to cry and whine before the decision.

I guess you are here because thje whine-thread was basicly ignored by the masses, lol.

The only person I see here whining is you. Every post from you has been barely comprehendible complaints about our posts.

Take your own advice, stop whining.
roselee
Legendary

View Profile
July 22, 2016, 08:41:48 AM

Nice read, thanks.

are you serious?  such a sexistic post ? is that all you can say? wow thought it cant get lower but you proof it does.

frostminer

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2016, 08:45:46 AM

Nice read, thanks.

are you serious?  such a sexistic post ? is that all you can say? wow thought it cant get lower but you proof it does.

Its a well known expression.
You beeing so emo and sensitive i should have sensed that "sand under your foreskin" would be better. So sorry....  Roll Eyes

Perryl

View Profile
July 22, 2016, 08:51:15 AM

Nice read, thanks.

You beeing so emo and sensitive i should have sensed that "sand under your foreskin" would be better. So sorry....  Roll Eyes

Or maybe you could learn how to speak to people in general. If you cannot respect people, you deserve none yourself.
frostminer

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2016, 08:52:41 AM

Nice read, thanks.

Or maybe you could learn how to speak to people in general. If you cannot respect people, you deserve none yourself.

That went out the window after pages of useless whining.
Move to another thread.

becoin
Legendary

Activity: 3431
Merit: 1233

View Profile
July 22, 2016, 08:55:07 AM

Ethereum bagholders are very nervous. Dump season is coming and there is nobody to dump to.
Perryl

View Profile
July 22, 2016, 08:58:40 AM

Nice read, thanks.

You beeing so emo and sensitive i should have sensed that "sand under your foreskin" would be better. So sorry....  Roll Eyes

Move to another thread.

Or you could just stop whining about us being here. We have no reason to move to another thread. We're talking about ETH.

If this thread was closed then we'd be on the Ethereum Classic thread. You would then have to create a new thread for your new centralized version of Ethereum. mETH (mutable Ether) or ETHHF (Ether Hard Fork) or I guess you should go with ETH-DAOFORK1. Whatever works for you guys, I suppose.
frostminer

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2016, 09:03:43 AM

Nice read, thanks.

You beeing so emo and sensitive i should have sensed that "sand under your foreskin" would be better. So sorry....  Roll Eyes

Move to another thread.

Or you could just stop whining about us being here. We have no reason to move to another thread. We're talking about ETH.

If this thread was closed then we'd be on the Ethereum Classic thread. You would then have to create a new thread for your new centralized version of Ethereum. mETH (mutable Ether) or ETHHF (Ether Hard Fork) or I guess you should go with ETH-DAOFORK1. Whatever works for you guys, I suppose.

This thread belongs to Ethereum and the dev team.
Thats why this is the main thread.

I saw multiple tries on new threads yesterday ... i guess it hurts that people ignore the feeble cries.

Perryl

View Profile
July 22, 2016, 09:11:00 AM

This thread belongs to Ethereum and the dev team.
Thats why this is the main thread.

I saw multiple tries on new threads yesterday ... i guess it hurts that people ignore the feeble cries.

The new thread isn't being ignored at all. You should view it, there doesn't appear to be any crying there.

It can be the main thread, but, as long as it is, there will be people here for and against it. Feel free to keep whining about us being here, but I'm not going to argue with you about this anymore.

I'll reply to you when you say something interesting, until then, your feeble cries about us being here will be ignored. Have a nice day.
Pages: « 1 ... 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 [460] 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 ... 1311 »
  Print  

Jump to: