Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 02:03:41 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you approve this strategy: sell alts buy btc?  (Read 3310 times)
jetjet

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 11:29:46 PM

a big NO! personally i wouldn't take a risk to have btc only. the more coin the greater the posibility of profit.. if you have many alts the chance of lossing is slim because not all coins will drop on the same time... unlike holding one coin only if it falls all your capital will be losing also.
samycoin

Activity: 812
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 11:35:41 PM

I read this article, but I want to see opinions, would you sell all your alts to have only bitcoin now ? I don't think this is recommended

https://cointelegraph.com/news/buy-bitcoin-sell-your-altcoins-says-pioneering-wall-street-blockchain-analyst
Maybe is alternative way to buy bitcoin why not?We all know bitcoin is more profitable than to altcoin so I think nothing is wrong if we sell our altcoin to buy bitcoin. Bitcoin is proven the value than altcoin so if you feel your satisfy to that altcoin to sell you can sell so you can buy btc.

[   N O M I N E X   ]        EXCHANGE       ◥        telegram      facebook      twitter
(❪   WIN 1000 USDT   ❫)         in         T R A D E R S   C O M P E T I T I O N
███ Create account ███ [ REF. CAMP. ] Nominex Binary Affiliate Program
HaXX0R1337

Activity: 574
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 11:45:27 PM

I read this article, but I want to see opinions, would you sell all your alts to have only bitcoin now ? I don't think this is recommended
It is a good statement and most of the time when my investment is in profit i usually tend to convert my altcoin to bitcoin but that does not mean that i am going to sell my coins at a loss because someone said so, i would rather invest in bitcoin if i find a rally will be up soon rather than selling alts to get bitcoin. If you alts are in profit then it is the best strategy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬
       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████▄
  ▄█████▀▀       ▀▀█████▄
 ▄████▀             ▀████▄
▄████▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▀████▄
█████    █████████    █████
█████    ████████▀    █████
█████     ▄▄▄▄        █████
▀████▄   ██████      ▄████▀
 ▀████   █████▀     ▄████▀
   ▀▀     ▄▄▄    ▄▄█████▀
         █████   █████▀
         ▀███▀    ▀▀
COMPRO
FINANCE
▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀    ██████▄
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
▀████████▌▐       ████████▀
▀████████ ▄██▄  ████████▀
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
billknight

Activity: 197
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 11:51:06 PM

https://cointelegraph.com/news/buy-bitcoin-sell-your-altcoins-says-pioneering-wall-street-blockchain-analyst
In some cases, I have to sell Altcoin to BTC. Because Bitcoin prices are rising at times. So sell Altcoin and buy Bitcoin to make a profit. After profit, we continue to sell BTC and buy altcoin. We will have more coins
Experia

Activity: 924
Merit: 265

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 11:59:28 PM

it depends on the alts you have an alts that had a low value then you can buy a low amount of bitcoin but if it has a good value already it is nice to sell it and buy bitcoin.
Kadal Ijo

Activity: 1162
Merit: 106

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 11:59:45 PM

I do not agree with that, if all users sell altcoin to buy bitcoin then it makes the price of altcoin drop and bitcoin too strong so there is no balance.

valentine401

Activity: 378

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 12:01:29 AM

yes i agree to that, if you are holding a huge amount of ethereum then the best thing to do right now is just to sell all your coins and reinvest it on bitcoins in order to earn more profit in the market when the prices are pumping again.
cherryfer

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 02:54:54 AM

The only necessary strategy for us is to observe and monitored always the Blockchain Price Market, why we sell our all Alts if the price of the said coins are better than Bitcoin. as of now buying of BTC is better because of a low price but this is for long term investment. 
Coin-1
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 2232

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 03:31:50 AM

No, I don't approve the strategy described in this article. Figuratively saying, it is not wise to place all eggs to one basket. The investment portfolio should be diversified. The authors mention the turbulence on the crypto exchange markets, but I guess they just try to encourage people to make the current support level of Bitcoin more strong at the expense of other crypto currencies. Probably, they didn't invest in altcoins.
maculeth

Activity: 714
Merit: 11

BountyMarketCap

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2018, 03:35:54 AM

quite interesting too, sell all alts and buy btc to be on hold again in the long run. strategy is pretty good, but there's nothing wrong if you want to keep hold in alts.

●   KEEP CALM & HODL   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  KCH  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
tuikindu

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 03:39:43 AM

We'll find that bitcoin is very valuable in a bear market because it's very resilient.

So I don't think you should invest any altcoins by selling bitcoin. The market is so weak that you can keep buying if you have extra money.
paulk11087

Activity: 987
Merit: 254

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2018, 04:28:59 AM

Unfortunately, investing in the Altcoins does not seem to make much sense. Because when the bitcoin fluctuates, neither the altcoin nor anything else.
Serco

Activity: 1050
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 04:56:28 AM

I will not sell my coins if I do not have to, if I sell them I might wait for the time at the appropriate price because I have to see the profit from the price of the capital I bought. If the price is good then I will sell it, but I see and analyze first whether the price will go up more or not, and I will usually keep it as my investment. Since the sessions come at the end, if we are in a hurry then you will regret if the price you sell is 5 minutes later the price is high.

▄█  █▄
              ▄▀█  █▌
             █▀ █ ▐█  ▄      ▄▄▄
         ▀▄ ██▄▄█ ▐█  ▀▀      █▀▄▄
           ██▀▀██ █▌  █▌ ▄▀▀▌ █▄▄
     █▄▄  ▄█   ▄█▐█▌  █▌▐█    █  ▄▄

▄▄▄▄▀███▀   ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▄▀      █
▄██               ▐▌█ █▀▄ █▄  ▄▄  █       █▌  ▐▌
██▌              ▀█▄      ▐█▌▐▌██▐█       █▌  ▐▌
██▌    █▀▄█ ▄▐█▀▀▄█▌▄▀▀▄   ███▌██▐█▄▀▀▄█▀▄▐▌▄▀█▌
▀███▄▄ █▀▄█▄█▐█▄▄▀▐█▀▄▄▀    ██ ▀██▀▀█▄▀█▀▄▐ █▄▀█
  ▀▀▀    █ ▄█▐▌                          █
          ▀  █                            ▀
WIN A
▀██████████▀
██
██
██
██
▀██████████▀

▀██████████▀

▀██████████▀
███████████▀
██
████████████
          ██
▄███████████
██
██
██
██
███████████▀
▀██████████▀

████████████
██        ██
██        ██
CYBERTRUCK

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
            ▄▄▄████████████▀▀▄▄█████▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ▄▄▄██████████████▀▀▄▄█████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄▄███████████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████████████████▌
███████████████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀▀▀██████
 ████████▀   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████▀             ▀▀▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀             ▀██████▀
$60,000 IN BTC
$50,000 IN ETH
& MORE!
EnricoGomez

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 05:01:22 AM

I do not think that it is such a good strategy.
It is always wise to diversify your investments so the risk of losing profit is very minimized.
Yes, I do agree that bitcoin has a greater potential than alts but that can change indefinitely change - bitcoin is very unexpected.
jmigdlc99

Activity: 784
Merit: 282

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2018, 05:08:11 AM

Based on the current market outlook, i would think this could be a bad idea. I've recently noticed a trend that once volume comes into crypto, everything turns green. This includes bitcoin and all other altcoins. This means, that the best play would be to buy altcoins while they are at their all time lows today because once bitcoin's value increases, people will also invest in altcoins thereby increasing the value of everything. This way, your portfolio rises in value because bitcoin rises, but in addition, the amount of bitcoin you have also increases.

0xacBBa937A57ecE1298B5d350f40C0Eb16eC5fA4B
BILGPS

Activity: 378

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 05:10:09 AM

Now the market is not growing and we have to wait and watch crypto in these days buying and selling should may change the crypto more than actual pace. If we just sell alts for the sake of bitcoin this is a short term thinking and if the bitcoin moves to a good side then we have to hold it for future and now just to buy some altcoin more for the good future.

Nasty23

Activity: 736

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 05:17:30 AM

I do not think that it is such a good strategy.
It is always wise to diversify your investments so the risk of losing profit is very minimized.
Yes, I do agree that bitcoin has a greater potential than alts but that can change indefinitely change - bitcoin is very unexpected.
Yes diversifying is very important in order to do not much affect our capital and minimize the possible risk of lossing it. Staying in one coin is depends in the market on which it changes anytime but if we study and analyze the market of bitcoin it makes us to decide easily on where we can enter the market of bitcoin at the right time that makes us to earn more profit than holding it on the alts.

Golftech

Activity: 2128
Merit: 520

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 05:47:17 AM

Now the market is not growing and we have to wait and watch crypto in these days buying and selling should may change the crypto more than actual pace. If we just sell alts for the sake of bitcoin this is a short term thinking and if the bitcoin moves to a good side then we have to hold it for future and now just to buy some altcoin more for the good future.
Its hard to play when you don't have enough ideas, the market is so volatile and bitcoin still dipping, if you will sell your alts and hold your btc then
the value still in the downside, better to keep analyzing how the market will bring you, the alts community are one of the options to grow our assets
not only that we also will learned how to play the market and understand this chain, practice and keep aiming for more.
PerLasz

Activity: 59

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 06:47:33 AM

It is fully recommended once you have shit coins the coins that no hope at all to increase. Better to sell it with small profit than to hold it and earn nothing. But those coins that you have valued don't sell because that is your favorite coins.
SmokerFace

Activity: 958
Merit: 265

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 08:02:02 AM

It depends on the situation, If you think that bitcoin will rise now from the dump stage better to sell your alts because it will automatically dump due to other investors will switch into Btc and you can earn profit if you switched into Btc but there's a coin that have a same movement of bitcoin when Btc are on bullrun, As now many investors are afraid to enter in market now due to bear run.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: