Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 12:23:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you approve this strategy: sell alts buy btc?  (Read 3301 times)
Silberman
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1337

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 03:21:08 PM

I read this article, but I want to see opinions, would you sell all your alts to have only bitcoin now ? I don't think this is recommended

https://cointelegraph.com/news/buy-bitcoin-sell-your-altcoins-says-pioneering-wall-street-blockchain-analyst
Most altcoins are used by members of this forum to increase their bitcoin holdings and for people like that I do not see anything wrong with selling their alts and get bitcoin as long as they are getting profits out of that transaction because if they are not then what was the point of risking your bitcoin at all, you just wasted your money and your time in something that did not produce a thing.
Cinemo

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 03:36:43 PM

I read this article, but I want to see opinions, would you sell all your alts to have only bitcoin now ? I don't think this is recommended

https://cointelegraph.com/news/buy-bitcoin-sell-your-altcoins-says-pioneering-wall-street-blockchain-analyst
In my own opinion I dont sell all of my altcoin just to buy bitcoin. Cause I know that alt coins are have potential too I think we can make it just believe on ourselves we are people and our potential and learning nevers stops. We can make it at last just read more about altcoins and ready to be trader
Herbys

Activity: 238
Merit: 6

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 03:37:38 PM

In the article nothing new is described, Huh in one sentence: All investments must be kept in the top 5 crypto currency.
Regarding Bitcoin, I think that he will not be above 12K.
Bitcoin Cash will increase its capitalization and accordingly increase in price.  Wink
dark1234

Activity: 1134
Merit: 167

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 03:58:29 PM

actually this should not be done if altcoin you have a high price or still include a row of 10 altcoin high priced saad this

malbano2099

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 03:59:48 PM

on the off chance that we investigate the market in the ongoing days, I dont figure this would be a smart thought, however the bitcoin costs are going down now, alternate alts are even goes further, in regards to the costs, it is imprudent to offer our alts and purchase BTC, as the hole was too huge I think.on't feel that to offer altcoin will give us much bitcoin particularly if the altcoin cost is down like today on the grounds that the measure of bitcoin that we can get is decreased. possibly it's smarter to hold the altcoin that we have until the altcoin cost has returned to increment again so on the off chance that we offer the altcoin, we can get much bitcoin and we can sit tight for bitcoin cost has returned to increment to offer the bitcoin.
act now

Activity: 166
Merit: 15

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 04:10:19 PM

I believe that both bitcoin and promising altcoins must be  in the investment portfolio. Here one complements the other.
For example, bitcoin and Ethereum in my portfolio allocated 40%.
Xenoph0bia

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 05:19:35 PM

No, I wont recommend selling all your alts for bitcoin. Alts, though still rising slowly, have a lot of potential and can lead to earning good profits in a short period of time.
Ethereum is the second most popular crypto and is a great alt. Not only as an investment asset, it can be used as a platform for posting new ICOs. Also it is used as a token for smart, decentralised applications.
Monero is the best privacy coin out there. Due to its ring signature, it makes transactions untraceable. It also provides complete anonymity in its transactions which makes the information of the sender and receiver private.
Hence, these are great coins and will provide you with good profits in the future.
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 06:04:15 PM

In my own opinion I dont sell all of my altcoin just to buy bitcoin. Cause I know that alt coins are have potential too I think we can make it just believe on ourselves we are people and our potential and learning nevers stops. We can make it at last just read more about altcoins and ready to be trader

What altcoin has brought us at least one useful thing over the last few years?
I don't know one. This is open source. And if anything really useful would have been developed, it would have been implemented into Bitcoin.
And in the future we can use sidechains for that. The truth is that most altcoins just took from Bitcoin, whenever they could, changed a few things and marketed the sh** out of it, to suck up all the dumb money and get rich quick.
Even Ethereum build from scratch, has extremely serious issues and delivered nothing useful except many questionable ERC20 tokens and laughable crypto kiddies which halted the whole network.
So this is not about believing in alts! It's about understanding the technology and recognize as quick as possible what is shady and very likely a scam or just can not work.
lordmick

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 06:15:35 PM

Personally I prefer to form portfolio from Bitcoin and strong altcoins like Ethereum, IOTA, Bitcooin cash, Cardano, Tron, Stratis, OmiseGO, Sia coin, ICON and Zcash. 35 percent of money are invested in bitcoin and another 20 precent in ethereum. 80 precent of my portfolio are long-term investments. I trade on shitcoins only with 15-20 percents of my deposit.
Marrionbitcoin

Activity: 294
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 06:21:55 PM

In my opinion, since the price is still low, I think you don't need to sell any altcoins or Bitcoin because you will suffer a loss. Just hold all of them for a period of time and wait for the Bull run and hopefully it will happen soon. Maybe you can do is to just buy additional Bitcoin and then hold until you are getting earning from it.
cloudproject

Activity: 238
Merit: 3

ImmVRse | Disrupting the VR industry

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 06:57:05 PM

sometimes altcoin are very good and benifit to invest in it but i guess some strategy like that can improve the bitcoin price too, if we sell all what we have

●  ❱❱  IMMVRSE | Disrupting the VR Industry  ❱❱  ●
Proud Sponsor of Blockchain 360 at London Tech Week
whirlcoin

Activity: 602
Merit: 111

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 06:57:37 PM

i personally don't have any investment in any altcoin to want to sell it now and have bitcoin. i only have my investment in bitcoin because that is the only thing that i understand and i also trust. any altcoin out there that i check out and analyze technically disappoints me greatly which means i don't have any faith in their long term survival and good futures. so i don't invest in any of them. what i do is short term trading altcoins to increase my bitcoin holdings.
Yes most of the people invest on altcoins to make quick money which can be used to buy or increase our bitcoin holding.So I don't want to sell any bitcoins to buy altcoins.Investing on altcoins in the long term also risky because most altcoins will ha e no value in few years from it was launched.
ChrisPop
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1033

Not your Keys, Not your Bitcoins

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 08:45:13 PM

We all know that Bitcoin is THE HONEYBADGER and gets the most of media attention, BUT there are other solid cryptocurrencies with real use-cases and models that have a lot of potential, maybe even bigger then bitcoin's one. So as always DYOR before investing your money. Wink
ivrynx

Activity: 518
Merit: 103

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 09:09:02 PM

I think that strategy is applicable depending on the situation, if the altcoin that you have does have a great potential and it isnshowing signs of strength, I suggest to HODL it, then try converting only a percentage of it to bitcoin, but never convert it all, since there might be a chance that it can surpass the expected ATH, but if the altcoin that you have is something that seems to be going down the drain or doesn't have any future at all, then sell it at a price that you know you'll have a positive gain,it also goes to POS and masternode coins, there is no reason of having so much coins on your hands that values to nothing. Also, if you're main target is having a lot of bitcoins rather than extra gains, you may just want to convert all altcoins you have to bitcoin and just accumulate, there is no logical explanation why you should buy altcoin and convert it to bitcoin, since both are volatile and there are still fees in converting.
maloibtc

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 09:24:06 PM

The topic is very promising. Further years in 5-6 new currency technologies will appear and there will be an upgrade bitcoin and crypto currency in general. I m sure that in the near future btc will show its great potential
tawfiquecse

Activity: 156
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 09:24:37 PM

I do not always follow this rule. It actually depends on time and  market. I keep buying altcoins for short time holdings like 4-6 months . And If i see that i am getting profit from altcoins than i buy bitcoin for long time. But in some cases I sell Bitcoin if the price goes up too much. And for some times i buy altcoins for long time, and hold it up for the price increase. Then i sell them and buy again btc..
chickenfried12
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 09:26:55 PM

Those who think that you will always be profitable to buy something and sell something, but they may have invested in wrong money in some lonely times, especially when evaluating the currencies you bought at low time You may be missing out on other opportunities while you wait. Is it better to evaluate it more or less than all.
Argoo

Activity: 2282
Merit: 225

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 09:40:00 PM

No, I do not think this is a good idea. I would rather sell bitcoins and buy an ethereum. However, in this situation it is necessary to have approximately half the bitcoin and ethereum. So far, all the crypto currency basically depends on the price of bitcoin. However, I do not believe that bitcoin is able to have a very high price for a long time, at least 60 000 - 80 000 dollars. I think that there will always be those who will discard their bitcoins as soon as its price rises decently and thus it again falls in its value.

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
slackcryptoz

Activity: 456
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 09:59:29 PM

When you find the respective altcoin that you have is providing with a bigger growth percentage than that of bitcoin it is good to sell the particular altcoin and buy bitcoin. Because, with altcoins we cannot predict when the growth happens while the same with bitcoin is something an assured fact.
berungan

Activity: 124
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 10:00:31 PM

I think it all depends on the price, if the bitcoin price goes down I will sell my alts, that way I can buy a lot of bitcoin. we need to know that bitcoin is more potential than alts and bitcoin prices may affect other altcoins.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: