Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 12:40:16 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you approve this strategy: sell alts buy btc?  (Read 3312 times)
thetruth123123

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 09:12:27 AM

Yes, But I sell only those alts which on my opinion are not very perspective, because from time to time there are alts, which are flying better than anything
ylnar123

Activity: 350

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 09:14:20 AM

I read this article, but I want to see opinions, would you sell all your alts to have only bitcoin now ? I don't think this is recommended

https://cointelegraph.com/news/buy-bitcoin-sell-your-altcoins-says-pioneering-wall-street-blockchain-analyst

It depends on the situation. When the price of altcoins is worth investing then I would rather choose altcoins over Bitcoin. Whenever I see profit on my investment, I would go there even selling my Bitcoin and buying on altcoins. Like I said it all depends on the situation on the market.

❤   humancoin   ❤   Join our whitelist!      ❤   humancoin   ❤
██████                   A new era of charity                    ██████
▄ ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  Telegram | Reddit | Medium | Twitter | ANN Thread | Facebook   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄
KourtneyK

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 09:17:34 AM

It actually depends if you are meticulous and want to assure your money is on the right coin. I actually am planning to sell all of my altcoins and convert them all to bitcoin and just hold them until the time I finally can say this is the amount I was aiming for.
wildan88
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1046

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 09:43:55 AM

I read this article, but I want to see opinions, would you sell all your alts to have only bitcoin now ? I don't think this is recommended

https://cointelegraph.com/news/buy-bitcoin-sell-your-altcoins-says-pioneering-wall-street-blockchain-analyst

It depends on the situation. When the price of altcoins is worth investing then I would rather choose altcoins over Bitcoin. Whenever I see profit on my investment, I would go there even selling my Bitcoin and buying on altcoins. Like I said it all depends on the situation on the market.

yes, all depends on the market situation. such as the current price, bitcoin price fall, and altcoin also fall. We can't sell altcoin at a cheap price to buy bitcoin because uncertain also bitcoin prices will directly increase, how if it falls, it will make me more losses. BTC is my priority, but many potential altcoins, so I'll hold and buy both.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
Sengoko

Activity: 491
Merit: 105

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 09:52:00 AM

I think the idea behind this strategy is to take advantage of the low price bitcoin
the writer of that article believes bitcoin will start increasing soon and people will dump their altcoins
so when bitcoin rises, people will sell their altcoins (dumping alts = cheap alts) for BTC then sell BTC to get profit in $ fiat
while this writer moves against the market and take profit in form of accumulating/buying cheap altcoins
so it's a sound strategy to counterpart market's behavior and take one step ahead of the market/everyone
Although this is not that much good to go for other options as you already have bitcoins with you. But still, I think the option and decision is good. You must be checking some other coins and exchanges on regular basis because that will help you to determine which one is best amongst all these. If you are stuck on the best thing from start, you would never be going to check the amazingness of that best thing.
kive2k

Activity: 350

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 10:01:01 AM

I personally have never adhered to such a strategy, there are many interesting ICOs in which it is worth investing, and then adhere to the "HODL" strategy Smiley
jonaire99

Activity: 588
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 10:33:29 AM

Usually I use bitcoin to buy some good altcoins and hodl them for some days or weeks. When their target is achieved, I sell it for bitcoin because the alts is paired with it. This need constant market monitoring and the risk is also high.

━━ ━     Whitepaper     ━ ━━ ━     E M J A C     ━ ━━ ━     One Pager     ━ ━━
●     ●         ●     The World’s 1st Green Renewable Energy DLT Project     ●         ●     ●
━ ━━━ ━      IEO on  Exmarkets & p2pb2b      ━ ━━━ ━      Telegram      ━ ━━━ ━
Altf4

Activity: 322

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 10:40:17 AM

If you are familiar in trading strategy of crytocurrency in the different trading sites then the strategy of buy and sell will be good you could either buy bitcoin and sell alts ,or buy alts and sell bitcoins.If any will be profitable then it will be good as long as produce a better results.

darefreads

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 10:51:48 AM

I approve in that strategy but I think it depends on the people who owns the money. But I prefer to the begginers like me is having bitcoin in wallet as big investments of yours than some altcoins. To make it more easy to make your profit groe bigger than altcoin. Just like what my friends did to their noney more bitcoins than their altcoina that they have in their wallet.
Btcwashu

Activity: 112
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 11:28:34 AM

I approve in that strategy but I think it depends on the people who owns the money. But I prefer to the begginers like me is having bitcoin in wallet as big investments of yours than some altcoins. To make it more easy to make your profit groe bigger than altcoin. Just like what my friends did to their noney more bitcoins than their altcoina that they have in their wallet.

I can't say it's the best strategy or recommended to sell altcoin and buy bitcoin. And I think it's a big risk because we all know that the price of the bitcoin now are still in the downstream. If you see the potential of the bitcoin will goes up in a few weeks well it's time to sell all your altcoin then invest it in the bitcoin.
imstillthebest

Activity: 1638
Merit: 122

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 11:35:26 AM

If you are familiar in trading strategy of crytocurrency in the different trading sites then the strategy of buy and sell will be good you could either buy bitcoin and sell alts ,or buy alts and sell bitcoins.If any will be profitable then it will be good as long as produce a better results.

thats right. You should always choose whats best for you . In my case i do not sell both of my alts and btc because i prefer to hodl them and i only wait for them to increase so that i can sell them and then buy again at the dip. That is only my strategy.

@op we cant really tell because we never try it out. I suggest you may be try it first and see if that method will work for you, if not then better try another method that will surely fit your style.
spyerf

Activity: 378
Merit: 103

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 11:39:56 AM

of course everyone wants the existence of his money in a safe position. and in bitcoin they get it all, because a lot of bitcoin fans so bitcoin is more popular. but I do not think we should rule out all altcoins. because so many altcoins there are some of them that have good potential and very profitable to invest.
alfs75

Activity: 392

platform for everyday business

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 11:57:57 AM

I thinks in this situation now,this is not the best strategy to sell all your altcoins portfolio and buy more bitcoin,because bitcoin value now is in red zone and its continously drops down in the market,i thinks the best way to sustained now in this continous dump in the market is to hold all our portfolio and wait for the time,when all in the block chain market will back to normal.

T O W E R B E E      |  PLATFORM FOR EVERYDAY BUSINESS       [ CRYPTOEXCHANGE TowerX ]
▬        ICO  >  on our exchange TowerX        ▬
FACEBOOK           MEDIUM           TWITTER           LINKEDIN           REDDIT           TELEGRAM
Wasaisisi

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 12:20:12 PM

Selling altcoin to buy bitcoin I do not think is effective enough to gain an advantage. It's better to keep altcoin and bitcoin available, and be patient to sell it when the price is on the rise. Because altcoin and bitcoin are equally hard to predict, so nobody knows which gives more profit.
mrBTCman

Activity: 80
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 12:30:45 PM

Well, many men- many minds and as a result many strategies. I won’t claim that this strategy is doomed, but my one is different: I think that it’s wise to keep some alts too. Crypto currency is very unpredictable, and since we don’t know which coin can rise up to the moon, it’s better to deal with several coins.
bapetdik

Activity: 373

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 12:32:18 PM

I do not agree on that. If the price of altcoins is falling and bitcoin is rising. Then maybe I will not sell altcoins to buy bitcoin. We all have something of value and we can make choices for it. So we do not have to sell altcoins to buy bitcoin. All have a choice.

BlackBeauty

Activity: 308

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 01:07:15 PM

I do not agree on that. If the price of altcoins is falling and bitcoin is rising. Then maybe I will not sell altcoins to buy bitcoin. We all have something of value and we can make choices for it. So we do not have to sell altcoins to buy bitcoin. All have a choice.
But i think its depend on investors if they want to sell their altcoin and buy bitcoin so it will not wrong because maybe they really need profitable money and that's why they convert their money in bitcoin, because when currency is going to down so it take some time to again high and that's why many people are fear from losing of their money.
wtbhitlv

Activity: 178

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 01:12:19 PM

I agree with you very much, especially in a down market, so that you can protect your money. We all know that the volatility of altcoin is much larger than that of BTC when the encryption market fluctuates violently.
needtor22
Copper Member

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 01:30:49 PM

for us, we should invest in bitcoin instead of investing in altcoin, as altcoin prices follow bitcoin prices, as well as bitcoin prices up and down nice so you can get more profit.
Flickkk

Activity: 434
Merit: 101

Bounty Detective

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 01:34:42 PM

that is not a good idea.
it is better if you use Ethereum . because Ethereum has a good chance that it will pump like last year .
and Ethereum is better than bitcoin.
i did that thing i sell my Alts then convert them top bitcoin. i just did that because bitcoin is i only know how to convert it into a fiat cash. .
but now i know now how to convert Ethereum to be cash out into a fiat cash

► Bounty Detective ◄ ♦ Transparency And Trust ♦ ► Bounty Detective ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Telegram Channel|Twitter|Telegram Group|Youtube Channel
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: