Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 12:40:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you approve this strategy: sell alts buy btc?  (Read 3312 times)
Qeupe

Activity: 135
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 01:23:33 AM

I read this article, but I want to see opinions, would you sell all your alts to have only bitcoin now ? I don't think this is recommended

https://cointelegraph.com/news/buy-bitcoin-sell-your-altcoins-says-pioneering-wall-street-blockchain-analyst

I do not sell my alt to buy bitcoin because it's not good according to my strategy. If you want to invest in bitcoin, buy it with your money. I only sell alt when I need the rest of the money I hold my alt until the price increases.
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 01:35:47 AM

It will become better if you buy bitcoin and buy altcoins because the altcoins are now down which means that it is a good opportunity to buy them and do a shopping spree because when the price of bitcoin will go up then the price of the altcoins will go up too which is a double profit for you because you will be profiting in altcoins and also in bitcoin.
demonz666

Activity: 493
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 04:00:16 AM

I read this article, but I want to see opinions, would you sell all your alts to have only bitcoin now ? I don't think this is recommended

https://cointelegraph.com/news/buy-bitcoin-sell-your-altcoins-says-pioneering-wall-street-blockchain-analyst
for now I think it's not a good strategy. because bitcoin prices since the beginning of this year until now fall steadily. I think it's better now to invest in altcoin. altcoin has the potential to rise like bitcoin. Good altcoin is now ethereum, dash and litecoin.

smufferki

Activity: 2

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 04:10:20 AM

intranet
Nick Abimanyu

Activity: 406
Merit: 19

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 04:53:30 AM

Currently the coins I hold are bitcoin, ethereum and neo, in the slightest I don't think to sell my altcoin to buy bitcoin, I will let it be there because I feel confident their price will grow along with rising bitcoin prices.
ShadowBits

Activity: 994
Merit: 504

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 05:09:13 AM

I would still try to keep both. I would diversify it into alts and Bitcoin all the way since they have a huge earning possibility when they pumped up.
Pritt

Activity: 113

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 05:34:57 AM

Alts directly depend on BTC. The common trend for both is always the same. But the trick here is when it's green, BTC can add 10% tp its value, qhile some alts can make you 200% and more, so I don't approve such a strategy
ecnalubma

Activity: 1526
Merit: 420

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 05:51:39 AM

No one really knows what the fate of every coin or token will be in the future. This is a suicide strategy, if we try to realize the market at its current state some altcoins are independent and making organic growth. Not putting all your eggs in one basket will make your investment grow and can minimize losses.
pat4cryptoreal

Activity: 630
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 06:28:13 AM

As an investor in cryptocurrency it's more  profitable to have both bitcoin and alternative coin in your portfolio. It is only people that are not ready to take risks that have only bitcoin.
zakariajaki

Activity: 364
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 06:44:52 AM

I do not fully agree with that opinion, because there are so many alt coins that arise and a lot of potential and also the advantages that may be more than btc, only me of them is not or less familiar to the community and investors either new or old investors, it's just that they must wait for time, and the incidence of btc prices fall to the very moment and most likely will change the investor map so that it can and can be an alternative for disappointed investors.
I try to predict one to two years ahead there will be a competitor to balance btc as stability guard and the dynamics of the crypto world
thank you may be useful
Angna27

Activity: 406

CRYPTOBLADES Octoblades 10.10

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 06:57:50 AM

I believe each coin will have some value too, its just that they were needed to develop and grow and become potential coin and if the value of bitcoin rises these coin too will somehow have a chance to have their names in the market and become big hit.

CRYPTOBLADES 
|   FACEBOOK   |   REDDIT   |     MEDIUM     |     TWITTER     |
   DISCORD    |  TELEGRAM
lifengpu

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 08:19:37 AM

No, I'm not a supporter of such a strategy, in altcoyins, too, there are pre-war coins on which you can earn
forbesmining

Activity: 297

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 09:05:15 AM

If I would consider about selling my BTC I would exchange it only for something great like Sparkster ICO coins... they have Sparkster Decentralized Cloud with our apps functioning on that

nightways

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 10:27:13 AM

on the off chance that we investigate the market in the ongoing days, I dont figure this would be a smart thought, however the bitcoin costs are going down now, alternate alts are even goes further, in regards to the costs, it is imprudent to offer our alts and purchase BTC, as the hole was too huge I think.on't feel that to offer altcoin will give us much bitcoin particularly if the altcoin cost is down like today on the grounds that the measure of bitcoin that we can get is decreased. possibly it's smarter to hold the altcoin that we have until the altcoin cost has returned to increment again so on the off chance that we offer the altcoin, we can get much bitcoin and we can sit tight for bitcoin cost has returned to increment to offer the bitcoin.
This strategy is very good as Bitcoin is the most valuable coin and we know that anything having long term trusted store we should invest in that and we further know that Bitcoin has long term trusted store of value more that other currencies so investment here is very good. You should sellout your Altcoin but in a high market so that your investment work out.
ScottAdam.

Activity: 37

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 10:54:17 AM

I don't think that to sell altcoin will give us much bitcoin especially if the altcoin price is down like today because the amount of bitcoin that we can get is reduced. maybe it's better to hold the altcoin that we have until the altcoin price is back to increase again so if we sell the altcoin, we can get much bitcoin and we can wait for bitcoin price is back to increase to sell the bitcoin.
reverseflash

Activity: 518

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 11:23:34 AM

Often trade of an altcoins can make for more profit than bitcoin. But if to consider the possibilities of long-term investments, then the bitcoin will be on the first place.
lionheart78
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1152

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2018, 11:47:41 AM

I believe some are doing it already since then. Some are buying altcoins and trade them for bitcoin and some for ethereum. Some altcoins have a short life span and after sometimes they become inactive until they are totally forgotten.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████████▀█████████████▄
███████████▄▐▀▄██████████
███████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██████▀███▄▄████████████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
██████████▀███▀███▄██████
████████████████▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████
▀█████▄▄████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
Lhaine

Activity: 742
Merit: 128

Coinbene.com - Experience Fast Crypto Trading

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 11:49:19 AM

Often trade of an altcoins can make for more profit than bitcoin. But if to consider the possibilities of long-term investments, then the bitcoin will be on the first place.

Bitcoin will always on the top, but I don't think its a good idea to sell all your altcoin just to have bitcoin, because you can have bitcoin without sacrificing your altcoin, just do what you think that can give you profit.
Adhichan

Activity: 588

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 11:55:54 AM

Bitcoin will always on the top, but I don't think its a good idea to sell all your altcoin just to have bitcoin, because you can have bitcoin without sacrificing your altcoin, just do what you think that can give you profit.
so it mean we have add our capital to buy more altcoin? for some people it can be happen, but for other that have small capital , they need to do this for split their asset to gain more profit.
jerix

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 11:57:42 AM

Yes, I also do not recommend it. Because I will not sell all the Altcoin I have just to buy and stay in Bitcoin. Bitcoin is very promising and profitable but many Altcoin also has good prospects for the future. So I will keep Bitcoin and also hold my Altcoin. I am sure I am not wrong choosing the coins I hold.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: