Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 01:43:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you approve this strategy: sell alts buy btc?  (Read 3301 times)
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 12:49:55 PM

That's not a good idea because when Bitcoin is dropping automatically the price of altcoin will drop harder and if you convert them to Bitcoin you will get much lesser value. So when Bitcoin price is kept decreasing it is better to hold the altcoins until Bitcoin price starts increasing.

That's something we could argue about.
Because if you don't sell altcoins when Bitcoin starts to drop, your alts could drop more, even if you would have sold your altcoins before.In that regard selling alts is right. And that happened already so fast. I mean just have a look at so many alts and how much they were worth before a significant drop in BTC and how much they were worth after recovery. You'll see that many coins still would be worth less. Furthermore not all coins going through these hype cycles.
Another option would be to sell your altcoins for USDT or TUSD while the whole market drops. And when the bottom is in you buy back some in alts and some in BTC or all in alts again, your decision.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Semaj123

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 12:50:56 PM

I read this article, but I want to see opinions, would you sell all your alts to have only bitcoin now ? I don't think this is recommended

https://cointelegraph.com/news/buy-bitcoin-sell-your-altcoins-says-pioneering-wall-street-blockchain-analyst

Everyone of us have different strategies to make profits. There are altcoins that increased its value within a short period of time and in this kind of situation, we need to be full alert in order to catch that sudden pump. On the other side, Bitcoin is a long-term investment and doesn't need to be active everyday in order to catch the pump. So, if we want no pressure then we can choose Bitcoin but if we want to faster profit then we can choose altcoin.
Marcsymon

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 12:51:10 PM

If bitcoin is going to have bull market selling alt coins would be a good step for profits in bitcoin

I agree your opinion. But it depends how much altcoins you have in your wallet, if it is more and enough to buy more bitcoin also I would agree to sell all your altcoins. Then be patient in holding it and wait until bull market comes prior selling your bitcoin in order to earn more profit.
Genemind

Activity: 1596
Merit: 335

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 01:04:41 PM

It depends, some altcoons are sometimes more profitable than bitcoin since sometimes bitcoin price is too stagnant and altcoin price is sometimes increasing faster than bitcoin. I really think it depends on the current market situation.
Dr.Osh
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1004

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 01:12:48 PM

It depends, some altcoons are sometimes more profitable than bitcoin since sometimes bitcoin price is too stagnant and altcoin price is sometimes increasing faster than bitcoin. I really think it depends on the current market situation.
well, I agree with that opinion. it all depends on the circumstances. maybe some circumstances require us to store bitcoin, and some circumstances make us to buy altcoin. well, but i prefer to hold altcoin more.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
ranman09

Activity: 756
Merit: 112

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 01:15:12 PM

I invest on alt coins at a specific amount earned or at it all time high, or if even the coin will succeed. After that I convert to bitcoin. Just any one here, I think bitcoin has more potential. This is because of its load of quality devs.
DonFacundo

Activity: 1344
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 01:52:18 PM

It depends to the altcoins if that is potential altcoins like ethereum then I don't convert it into bitcoins, but if not a potential altcoin then I should convert it into bitcoin or convert it other potential altcoin. You know some altcoins can multiple increase in a short time.

safarabela

Activity: 353
Merit: 4

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 01:59:10 PM

I read this article, but I want to see opinions, would you sell all your alts to have only bitcoin now ? I don't think this is recommended

https://cointelegraph.com/news/buy-bitcoin-sell-your-altcoins-says-pioneering-wall-street-blockchain-analyst

Bitcoin is the strongest crypto currency and bitcoin is more likely to survive than failures, and in other words bitcoin is the best coin among other crypto coins so choosing a bitcoin for investment is the best option.
buy-it

Activity: 223
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 02:03:41 PM

I am in much approval of this though with moderation. If I discover the bearish period of any  Alts is about to unravel, I may quickly dispose some of it to buy BTC. But if the bullish period for such Alts is prevailing, owing BTC to Dip probably, or at Equilibrium. I may not sell out my Alts at that juncture until the termination of such bullish period for the Alts. No one wishes  to be trading with lost foresight.
Harrisonimo

Activity: 490
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 02:05:37 PM

Investing in bitcoins alone is like putting all one's egg in one basket. I did rather have the same amount to be invested, spread into 5-10 prospective altcoins. And good to note that, an increase in bitcoin is always proportional to an increase in the altcoins too; with some few exceptions. Also worthy of note that the chance of a bullish run ofrom any of the 10altcoins is higher compared to having it on bitcoin alone.
forbesmining

Activity: 297
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 02:07:14 PM

I am trying to follow this - hold the most perspective alts, sell other to ETH or BTC but hold those, which can give a growth in a future

GDragon

Activity: 658
Merit: 126

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 02:15:56 PM

Not all articles that you will find was reliable enough, sometimes It is how you handle yourself like how you distribute your money in different coins wisely. Don't assume to much in whatever you see. I advice that believe to yourself.

naidray
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 03:03:19 PM

It depends, if bitcoin seems to have a much lower price and I think I can buy many bitcoins with my altcoin, why not? You see, bitcoin has more potential than alts since it's the original cryptocurrency recognized in the world, and the price of altcoins also depends on bitcoin so buying the original one is much better than keeping the newly made ones.
Bitcoin has a huge advantage in the crypto space than any of the altcoin and we should always forget all the things we are seeing with the alts today because once they start that their huge bearish trend whenever bitcoin is tending towards a rally in whichever way, the alt market is what you totally want to be staying away from in that case. However, I do not agree that one should just stay away from altcoins completely as there are still some that would always do great in the long run anyway.
Silberman
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1334

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 04:23:12 PM

Such decision depends on current situation on the market and what altcoin you are going to sell or buy. Because when bitcoin drops, altcoins drop harder and when it grow up, they recover faster.
This is true, that is why it does not make any sense to sell your alts for bitcoin right now, since the price of alts is very low because alts crash harder than bitcoin, so it is better to keep holding your altcoins and only sell them when the altcoin goes up in value or the whole market does and once the altcoins reach a high value then you can sell for bitcoin.
marinakofoleva

Activity: 336
Merit: 100