Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 06:10:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you approve this strategy: sell alts buy btc?  (Read 3301 times)
Baronggot

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 02:00:16 PM

That's actually what i am doing to alt coins which i think are just a pump-and-dump type of cryptocurrency. Alt coins that i received from airdrops too are subject for selling and the profit i got from it will be invested in bitcoin because i believe that bitcoin will surely grow as time goes by.

zinluzgina

Activity: 336

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 02:02:52 PM

I read this article, but I want to see opinions, would you sell all your alts to have only bitcoin now ? I don't think this is recommended

https://cointelegraph.com/news/buy-bitcoin-sell-your-altcoins-says-pioneering-wall-street-blockchain-analyst

Personally, my opinion, I do not see any sense to invest only in bitcoin. This is absurd!  if you are a speculator and want to make money. Use 100% of your balance correctly. 25% of the balance buy bitcoin and hold. 25% in Ethereum. 25% in dollars (USDT) and 25% in altcoins.  At the right time of the market sell and buy interesting coins, based on the price.
LuciferEveningStar

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 02:05:00 PM

I read this article, but I want to see opinions, would you sell all your alts to have only bitcoin now ? I don't think this is recommended

https://cointelegraph.com/news/buy-bitcoin-sell-your-altcoins-says-pioneering-wall-street-blockchain-analyst

I prefer holding my altcoins today because the price of this alts will still go back to its normal price after a few months since the market is volatile, so keep on holding your coins and do not resell in order to save a huge amount of capital.
ict

Activity: 466
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 02:09:58 PM

i trade my altcoin to ethereum.
sometimes i buy bitcoin, and the others still in ethereum. its good if you sell your altcoin than buy bitcoin, because bitcoin have good future than altcoin. and not all altcoin can survive here. but, i think if you want to sell, you mest see the price. is good to sell for the right time or not.
Ferry22

Activity: 201
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 04:29:26 PM

All depends on the prediction of each person, if we predict by selling altcoin and buy Bitcoin it is more profitable, then it is good to do. because we do anything must have a reason, it is impossible we do something that is perfunctory.
acener

Activity: 1274
Merit: 115

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 04:41:57 PM

I agree with it because one of my closest friend got successful through this strategy. He recieved altcoins from airdrops which he hodl and trade after he got the best value. Through his earnings in selling his altcoins, he bought bitcoins which he hodl again which has provided him a great profit.

Motigbo401

Activity: 50

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 08:17:53 PM

Yes! Selling alts coin is good so as to invest more on BTC because most of the apt coins do crash eventually but BTC will never crash
DiabolicAnt

Activity: 420

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 08:42:59 PM

I don’t think it’s a good strategy. If you want your portfolio to be stable you’d better keep some alts in it. When the price of any coin goes down, there are others that grow and thus compensate it, so you don’t lose much of your money. Keeping only btv can be a really bad strategy in these terms.

▀▀▀▀▀▀     SWIPE  │ Monetizing mobile engagement data, on the blockchain    ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄         Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Medium       Reddit          ▄▄▄▄
playboy654

Activity: 546
Merit: 32

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 09:03:55 PM

I agree with that, because investing in bitcoin is very potent when compared to other cryptocurrencies, this is because the bitcoin price movement is inversely related to the movement of cryptocurrency prices, we can take advantage of the difference, that's in my opinion.

If you had a huge amount to invest in something in you will be ready for the investment in Bitcoin but if you don't have enough money to live and selling your property to invest is not that good idea for me but if you have any strategies then you can do anything with your investment

meusyou

Activity: 108
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2018, 10:10:51 PM

Yes, provided its a bullish season because experience has taught me that most altcoin usually dip whenever bitcoin value is appreciating and that's because other sellers are posing to ride the bitcoin wave too.

IOVO | INTERNET OF VALUE OMNILEDGER
# THE FIRST DECENTRALIZED HUMAN VALUE BLOCKCHAIN NETWORK
Whitly

Activity: 668
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 10:13:30 PM

Myself, I try to hold in same time altcoins and bitcoin, and even when I'm buying altcoins (which I do every week even in such time) I'm doing it  with my salary, without exchanging my bitcoins, because I still waiting on 15,000$ per bitcoin to out, and hope bitcoin will break this wall till end of 2018.
teejayrichard2

Activity: 574
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 10:29:53 PM

Yes i do. But it is a matter of choice. The Bitcoin has been very profitable and all indications show that this will continue to be the case. Also, as is the trend, lots of people are selling of their coins to invest in the GTC so why not? Go ahead and sell of your altcoins and invest in the BTC if you will,. You are safe anyway
Panpan66L

Activity: 199
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 10:45:43 PM

I approve indeed, because it is called fixing. When you sell your alternatives high, and fix their price in Bitcoin and Ethereum!
darkangel020716

Activity: 322

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 11:42:12 PM
Last edit: June 11, 2018, 09:19:52 AM by darkangel020716

Yes, it is common method right now, I've been doing that since last month. Fixing is what is called, selling alts to convert it into BTC is like fixing your loss , You will gain instead of losing,  also vice versa sell BTC to buy alts is acceptable.
Blackdeath

Activity: 910
Merit: 261

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 11:50:02 PM

I think, that was really the most common strategy Bitcoin users do to obtain more Bitcoin in their account. Earning and gaining altcoins from various ways like investing into ICO or joining into campaigns that let them earn altcoins as a reward for the job well done and when the price is right, they will trade it in exchange for Bitcoin or any other type of cryptocurrency they wany including Ethereum as well because users are being mindful that altcoins to be traded into Bitcoin value is much more beneficial and useful since it can be used on a worldwide transaction nowadays added by the fact that Bitcoin is playing the lead role among other cryptocurrency.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
hachimon

Activity: 92

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 11:54:52 PM

I do not fully agree but I believe that the investment in your hand should be 70 percent bitcoin as 30 percent altcoin. If you make your whole investment as altcoin or bitcoin, you will miss many opportunities.

really I really agree with you. in investing cryptocurrency we do not invest all our money in bitcoin alone or altcoin alone. we should invest as much as we can afford to lose then if not yet have bitcoin sell some altcoin to buy bitcoin i think strategy is good. but do not sell all altcoin. then signed up for another signature campaign to get altcoin. or trade.
markk94

Activity: 308

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 02:19:05 AM

I am already satisfied to join in altcoins market and having some altcoins as my asset. For me, im not having any intention to turn my altcoins into bitcoin. Because i could get more bigger profit percentage in altcoins than in bitcoin. That happened because of my little amount of asset that i have.
Btc_1856

Activity: 1540
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 02:31:27 AM

If you buy the altcoins at high and it is impossible to sell them for low price, the only choice we have is wait until, the market starts recovering. If you convert them to btc you will get very less BTC.

meanwords

Activity: 1624
Merit: 163

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 02:44:30 AM

A smart investor know how to liquefy his investment. Bitcoin is just one cryptocurrency, meaning, you'll only depend on it. If it's market price dip, then it's a total loss and there's no going back. Also, Bitcoin's market capitalization is so high that profiting from it is slim and if you don't have serious capital, then you won't profit much. While altcoin in the other hand. Altcoin is also known as alternative coin which means it is an alternative for Bitcoin and there's a lot of them not just one. Altcoin gives you greater chance to profit as it is volatile than Bitcoin. Also, the market capitalization of altcoin is low (depending on the coin), meaning, a coin's price could increase 10 fold in just a moment. So yeah, I think selling your altcoins to buy Bitcoin is a bad investment strategy for me.
malah

Activity: 504

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 03:11:36 AM

maybe it depends on which coin now has a very good price and increases, if altcoin price now has good movement then why not, I will sell my bitcoin and move to altcoin and when bitcoin price will increase then I will go back again to bitcoin

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: