Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 07:18:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you approve this strategy: sell alts buy btc?  (Read 3301 times)
Dmitry.Vastov

Activity: 840
Merit: 520

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 06:11:57 PM

No. Though Bitcoin being the pioneer is a great investment and is also less risky, I'll prefer alts more than bitcoin to make better profits in a short period of time. Like, consider Ethereum. Since its origin in 2015, the coin has seen a great increase in its market capital by 1100%. Not only this, last year itself the coin showed profit gains by 3700%. Since the market is at a dip, the coin this month itself has seen a drop by 20%. Since the coin has the potential to cross the $1500 mark by end of 2018, I am expecting good gains from the coin.
ashame

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 06:28:18 PM

No. Though Bitcoin being the pioneer is a great investment and is also less risky, I'll prefer alts more than bitcoin to make better profits in a short period of time. Like, consider Ethereum. Since its origin in 2015, the coin has seen a great increase in its market capital by 1100%. Not only this, last year itself the coin showed profit gains by 3700%. Since the market is at a dip, the coin this month itself has seen a drop by 20%. Since the coin has the potential to cross the $1500 mark by end of 2018, I am expecting good gains from the coin.

I agree, If you want to have a better profit in a short period of time , choose alts rather than bitcoin, bitcoin is for long time investment.
FiveReels

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 09:19:17 PM

Depends on an individual, Its unpredictable thing when you invest in cryptocurrency, As far as I know, Crypto's are potentially designed to trade and to earned profit, Bitcoins are highly fast moving currency, In the same way, If you invest in alt-coin, Make sure to select a good type of coins. Surely you will earned good profit.
redsap

Activity: 336

Harmony for One and All

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 10:14:23 PM

i think not all of that exchange to btc, just save it in some alt any few of your holding it, the reason is not all of altcoin are worse, there has some a good altcoin too, if you get that just holding it until you get a best price to sell it again

Gameroid

Activity: 798
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 10:39:07 PM

A very big and controversial question indeed. Majority of bounty hunters find it very difficult to and sometimes contemplate whether to sell all the altcoins they have attained to buy bitcoin or hodl the altcoins as they are. This strategy is only valid if you are no longer interested in short term investment of money or even day trading. If you want to continue day trading, then it is better not to sell your altcoins as bitcoin is not a good choice when it comes to that of the day trading
To me i think that it is depending on your experience, because a lot of people are there who are even getting good profit from day, trading, on other side it is also too much good to trade bitcoin for short term, because we have already seen a big fluctuation in bitcoin price, which is giving a good chance for the short term trader to make money from it.
Chooroz

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 10:53:42 PM

I read this article, but I want to see opinions, would you sell all your alts to have only bitcoin now ? I don't think this is recommended

https://cointelegraph.com/news/buy-bitcoin-sell-your-altcoins-says-pioneering-wall-street-blockchain-analyst
Well for me it is also a good strategy because until now the value of bitcoin is still stable at $6500 so buyung bitcoin now and holding it for long term is really advisable to do and i know that we can really able to earn more profit with bitcoin.

A re'volutionary decentralized digital economy 
Join us:██`Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github
.ATHERO
.Internet 3.0 solution
Lubang Bawah

Activity: 1358
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 11:16:20 PM

I do not agree with the strategy, if all users do so it will make devs. not interested in developing or making coins so bitcoin too dominates and it gets boring and makes bitcoin unattractive.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
[
[
[
]
]
]
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
ishinn99

Activity: 420
Merit: 11

BitHostCoin.io

View Profile
June 16, 2018, 11:24:12 PM

I read this article, but I want to see opinions, would you sell all your alts to have only bitcoin now ? I don't think this is recommended

https://cointelegraph.com/news/buy-bitcoin-sell-your-altcoins-says-pioneering-wall-street-blockchain-analyst
Well for me it is also a good strategy because until now the value of bitcoin is still stable at $6500 so buyung bitcoin now and holding it for long term is really advisable to do and i know that we can really able to earn more profit with bitcoin.

For me doing this strategies will depend on how much alts we can sell, because buying bitcoin is really costly even if the price falls now. Price of alts really have a big different to the price of btc.

│      Whitepaper      │            ▰▰▰  BITHOST  ▰▰▰            │            The Coin With Implemented Project            │      Announce      │
―――――            COMPLETE SOLUTION FOR HOSTING WITH CRYPTOCURRENCY            ―――――
│     Telegram     │     Twitter     │     Facebook
BurakTurk

Activity: 70

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 08:53:58 AM

No, not really. Short term, altcoins enticing with much higher profit. Of course, on the other hand though, they are also much more risky, so I would say I partly agree
Ethreyes

Activity: 175
Merit: 1

www.daxico.com

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 10:07:19 AM

Its up to you both of that is great.... It will just depends to your strategy on how will handle it.... We know that BTC cost a lots but if you think it is quite better than altcoin why not....  But if you can try it both it is much better....  We cant predict what is best so it is better to have it both than choosing
Coinsher

Activity: 224

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 10:50:13 AM

Well it all depends to the holders but in my case, I would prefer not to do this kind of strategy because as of now, the volatile of bitcoins is high. So we cannot sure if we can gained profits from it. Rather than altcoins, we can have many options on how to make profits. We can do day trading or hold it for a long time and wait for the right time to sell.

Website            ◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇ VELOX ◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆       ◆ ANN Thread
Whitepaper     The Future of Anonymous Trading      ◆ Twitter       
Discord             ◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆       ◆ Telegram   
sheryl26

Activity: 322

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 11:19:10 AM

I am not approving them but alsp I am not against them because that is a great choice as well as a wrong choice also it can be either both sides depending on the people but in my choice I will have sell my altcoins if they are not worth it if they are the altcoins that are not a great ones but if my altcoin is gonna be ethereum then I will not sell it just to have bitcoins because they are a great investment too they can gave me a lot of profits and besides I can do different things  just to have bitcoins.
twinkle35

Activity: 8

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 12:00:46 PM

I honestly think many of these Alt coins are pump n dump schemes. You can make some good profits on Alt coins, if you time your exit before they collapse. The most stable and reliable Crypto currency, since 2009 is Bitcoin and that is not even disputable. <remember we are not talking about volatility, but rather the long-term survival of the coin>

So my strategy is to play with Alt coins and to move my profits <if there are any> to Bitcoin in the end. Bitcoin is my store of value, like Gold is for many other investors.  Wink

We want to pay taxes because it can  contribute for the big helps of the student  especially books in school, playground of children and etc. We don't against the rule of our government its better we were fallow  so that we have a peace.
Singbatak

Activity: 434

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 12:42:11 PM

Depending on the situation, Especially if the alts you hold has fallen in price. It's definitely a big risk that your hold has fallen even worse when the price of bitcoin falls. So my advice is to sell alts when you have a profit
shesheboy

Activity: 714
Merit: 114

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 12:48:23 PM

Depending on the situation, Especially if the alts you hold has fallen in price. It's definitely a big risk that your hold has fallen even worse when the price of bitcoin falls. So my advice is to sell alts when you have a profit

fall of price doesnt always mean that it is risky to hold them for a longer time. sure their price can fall evenly but you should also be aware that the nature of cryptos are so volatile , which means that it is pretty normal for them to decrease and increase. their value can still increase or recover even if how low they fall. so overall it isnt really recomended to sell your alts just because you want to buy a btc but instead you can always buy btc along with your alts so that you can possibly maximize your potential earnings
Jedzkie050617

Activity: 476
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 12:59:33 PM

I do not fully agree but I believe that the investment in your hand should be 70 percent bitcoin as 30 percent altcoin. If you make your whole investment as altcoin or bitcoin, you will miss many opportunities.

Same here, I don't think it's a better strategy. Might think another strategies because I am afraid might you lose big time if you follow this. Buy and sell was quite profitable depending on coin of your choice.
napi

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 01:11:58 PM

it seems I better buy altcoin more than bitcoin because I see bitcoin has a price that is too expensive so it makes bitcoin not good if to buy when the price is expensive.
fishball

Activity: 336

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 01:47:41 PM

It is too risky to use that strategy. But it really depends on the situation you are at. Bitcoin is too expensive to buy so it is quite better to sell bitcoin and buy altcoins or whatever you like.
SkustaClee

Activity: 476

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 02:15:11 PM

It depends on the potential of the altcoins that you hold. If you hold a altcoin that have a good future, it is better if you will just keep it in your wallet. There is a high chance that you will miss a lot of trains if you will sell your potential altcoins.
alroys

Activity: 448
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 02:34:41 PM

Sell ​​Altcoin to buy Bitcoin, when it's profitable then it's okay, because all we need to do in Crypto is profit. anything can be done that is important profit. that's my opinion
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: