Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:52:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you approve this strategy: sell alts buy btc?  (Read 3301 times)
rain_road

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 10:48:56 PM

I'm currently freezing my account. I will not buy or sell during this time. This only makes me lose more money.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
_CryptoBrain

Activity: 77

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 10:51:22 PM

I would recommend to sell all altcoins in success which you doubt and buy BTC on them, and all altcoins which are actively developing to leave.
Norihiro

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

APOLLOX Protocol

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 11:26:40 PM

Nowadays situation show us that BTC is safer than alts because it loose its price slower. Some alts fall far beyond ICO price.

PERSISTENCE   //   BUY XPRT now!
●✦●───●✦●───  Protocol Powering Next-Gen Financial Products  ───●✦●───●✦●
│██ ██ ███ █████   DeFi    NFT    PoS  █████ ███ ██ ██│
automaticmoney

Activity: 420
Merit: 18

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 11:52:57 PM

selling alts and buying bitcoin this strategy may work only when we are confident about bitcoin prices then we may make decent profit in conversion of these coins
weeks65

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 02:02:42 AM

I don't think so the alts are the assets and also the back up of bitcoin and traders also when the market of bitcoin is not that good and it is decreasing for sure many trader will pull out their money and putting it on some alts and it is normal in trading. Looks like buying bitcoin by selling Altcoin that we have is something good if we are confident and believe that bitcoin will continue to grow in the future
Dwarf42

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 02:02:48 AM

Bitcoin has always had potentials and always will. I cannot say that one should sell all altcoins anyway, but at the same time, it is necessary to always stay careful as much as possible, knowing that even if you are investing in any altcoin. Well some of the bounty hunters do this strategy they joined in bounty program and after getting their rewards they sold their alts and they convert it to bitcoin
bosimpson54

Activity: 271

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 02:02:58 AM

I don’t think it’s a good strategy. If you want your portfolio to be stable you’d better keep some alts in it. When the price of any coin goes down, there are others that grow and thus compensate it, so you don’t lose much of your money. Selling altcoins and buy bitcoin it's not good strategy because if we want to earn more profit better if we have more altcoins than bitcoin
Querubbin26

Activity: 98

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 02:06:10 AM

Alts are even more speculative. Which also means people are less emotionally invested or don’t quite understand what they’ve invested in.

They’re more apt to dump their alts if they’re not performing. Everyone’s goals with alts were more profit potential than Bitcoin.

So if they’re watching Bitcoin pump, but their alts dump - they’re not gonna hold onto them.

Holding would show there’s real value. And that people won’t sell even when the market is down. Which is why I think you’ve seen things like NEO stay strong, or VeChain pump higher than BTC.

If you watch the value of alts closely you’d have a better idea of who the winners are. I consolidated not because Bitcoin was pumping, but because I could tell a few of my riskier speculative alts just didn’t have the profit potential I thought they might. Others, like VeChain I’ve held and they’re growing faster than Bitcoin.
Rose119

Activity: 502

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 02:19:48 AM

Nowadays situation show us that BTC is safer than alts because it loose its price slower. Some alts fall far beyond ICO price.

I agree, if you look to the price of altcoin and bitcoin you will see that altcoin is much lower than bitcoin price, but selling altcoin just to buy btc is not ok to me, having bitcoin is great but always remember that don't put all your money in one basket.
gambitcoin53

Activity: 378
Merit: 25

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 02:45:01 AM

I agree, if you look to the price of altcoin and bitcoin you will see that altcoin is much lower than bitcoin price, but selling altcoin just to buy btc is not ok to me, having bitcoin is great but always remember that don't put all your money in one basket.

it all depends on the current market value of bitcoin, since bitcoin is volatile, we cannot fairly say that btc is always the best out there, yes it is best to put your money in everything it can buy, not only btc, alt coins are dependent too on bitcoin price, if btc drops, alts drops too, we cannot sell alts to buy btc everytime the price drops, it depends on how rapid the price increase will be, may it be alts or bitcoin.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
n0ne

Activity: 2562
Merit: 548

8ombard - Pick, Play, Prosper!

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2018, 02:56:33 AM

From my point it is good to take decisions on buying bitcoin selling altcoins based on the circumstance prevailing around the cryptocurrency market. Sometimes certain altcoins show drastic price pumping. It is good to sell those and buy bitcoin, apart from that altcoins too have potential to grow big. Based in which holding is suggested.

█████▄▄██
███▄█████
██▄███████▄
████████████████
███▀██████████▀
██▄████████████▄
░█████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
████▀████████▀████
▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████▀███████▄████
███████▀▀▄▄▄█████
███████████████▀
████████████▀▀
OMBARD.com|.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████░██░████░██
▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
██████████████
▄▄░▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀
██░██░██████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
PICK,
PLAY,
PROSPER!

██████
██████████
██████████
██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████   ██
PROVABLY
FAIR
1%█████████████████   ██
HOUSE
EDGE
100%█████████████████   ██
DEPOSIT
BONUS
  Play now  
nightways

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 07:48:14 AM

As my opinion, I wil not approve the strategy that selling alts and buying Bitcoin. I think it is risky. I will keep some potential coins and sell other coin to buy bitcoin. Ofcourse, I have to studying and finding information to ensure that I don't lose all my money.
In my opinion, if we treat Bitcoin as a medium of exchange and if the altcoin are profitable that holding this money(Bitcoin), then you can buy altcoin with your money and can hold it for a good time but if the expected return is not more than that of Bitcoin, you should better hold this asset rather than going for altcoin because a rational man will quest for the profit maximization.
Vs225655

Activity: 182
Merit: 16

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 02:41:25 PM

I did not invest anything in that at all. There are plenty of different ISOs that can be earned without investment. Although it is possible to risk and invest in bitcoin. As for me, he will be in the first place for a long time.
Potatohead

Activity: 353

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 03:27:47 PM

I read this article, but I want to see opinions, would you sell all your alts to have only bitcoin now ? I don't think this is recommended

https://cointelegraph.com/news/buy-bitcoin-sell-your-altcoins-says-pioneering-wall-street-blockchain-analyst

Yes , somehow it is effective but there are also instances where we might have a hard time selling a potential token. Some altcoins are worth hodling because of their potential. I believe that it is also profitable to hodl good altcoins so if we have a capability to buy bitcoin then better just try to do buying both.
Dayan1

Activity: 388

All-in-One Crypto Payment Solution

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 03:43:43 PM

I read this article, but I want to see opinions, would you sell all your alts to have only bitcoin now ? I don't think this is recommended

https://cointelegraph.com/news/buy-bitcoin-sell-your-altcoins-says-pioneering-wall-street-blockchain-analyst

Yes , somehow it is effective but there are also instances where we might have a hard time selling a potential token. Some altcoins are worth hodling because of their potential. I believe that it is also profitable to hodl good altcoins so if we have a capability to buy bitcoin then better just try to do buying both.

I personally do not think it is a good idea to sell all of your alternative coins and just focus in one coin which is bitcoin. Why?  Because investment has a rule you cannot just invest, you should diversify your investment so that it will reduce the risk that may arise on a certain coin such as bitcoin..  It is not wise idea to put all of your investment in one coin.

▀█████▄▀████▄▀███▄▀██▄▀█▄▀▄        NUPay        ▄▀▄█▀▄██▀▄███▀▄████▀▄█████▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●   A New Crypto-Payment Platform   ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
█      Telegram  ]      [   Medium   ]      [   ICO Page   ]      [  Facebook  ]      [ Instagram ]      █
Yantoaja

Activity: 322
Merit: 16

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 04:49:15 PM

Maybe I will follow that way because I think that's a good thing too. Selling altcoin from bounty and selling it into bitcoin is a good thing.
MrRiuss

Activity: 317
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 05:18:02 PM

well, every body have their own strategy. there are a lot of people that sell alts buy btc, but there are a lot of people too that sell btc buy alts. so i think it depends on the person own strategy.
Findingnemo

Activity: 2324
Merit: 758

Bitcoin = Financial freedom

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 05:40:54 PM

well, every body have their own strategy. there are a lot of people that sell alts buy btc, but there are a lot of people too that sell btc buy alts. so i think it depends on the person own strategy.

I think the strategy of selling crypto currency and invest in bitcoin is also which is right for me whenever any other currency developing something from here below value it will not comparable to bitcoin so we will not accept crypto currency is not as bitcoin so it will be very powerful.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
View ArchiveReport to moderator
venlo

Activity: 187

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 07:19:45 PM

if u are serious trader and looking for time to time profits in bitcoin then u should sell alts and buy bitcoin it works good but need to be attentive every time in market
Rastafarian

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 07:47:40 PM

How stable is the price of bitcoin relative top your altcoins? Have you studied the market for sometime and how the prices of alts alternate with btc. To me, i will not like to sell all my alts to buy btc. I will never happen because some alts are worth promising and can fetch me enough fund. I am not doubting the good work of bitcoin but i do not like holding just a coin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: