Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 01:36:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you approve this strategy: sell alts buy btc?  (Read 3299 times)
Man From The Future

Activity: 371
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 07:57:19 AM

I do not agree about your opinion. There are still many altcoins that have very good growth, maybe the percentage of growth is better than bitcoin. If you choose altcoin exactly, then you will get a greater advantage than bitcoin. Indeed bitcoin is recognized as cryptocurrency worldwide. What needs to worry  is when we only have bitcoin as the price falling, then we will lose big. So you should not sell all your altcoin to buy bitcoin, keep some altcoin that you think having a good future.

THE ONE STOP SOLUTION FOR THE CRYPTO WORLD
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Facebook   /  Twitter   /  Reddit   /  Medium   /  Youtube   /
      ▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄█████████████████▄
  █████▀▀  ███  ▀▀█████
 ████     █████     ████
████     ███████
███▀    ████ ████
███▄   ████   ████
████  ████▄▄▄▄▄████  ████
 ███████████████████████
  █████▄▄       ▄▄█████
   ▀█████████████████▀
      ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀                       ▀█▄
▄▄▄▄ ▄█                           █▄ ▄▄▄▄
█   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   █
▀▀█▀                                 ▀█▀▀
▄▀                                     ▀▄
▄▄▀▄▄▄▄                                 ▄▄▄▄▀▄▄
█       ▀▀▄                           ▄▀▀       █
█          █                         █          █
█▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀█
▒▀▄       ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██       ▄▀▒
▒█▀▀▀▀▄▄  █              ▀              █  ▄▄▀▀▀▀█▒
▒█      █ ▀▄                           ▄▀ █      █▒
▒▀▄▀▄▄▄▄▀  █▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀█  ▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▒
▒▒▒▀▄▄▄▄▄ █                             █ ▄▄▄▄▄▀▒▒▒
 ▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
GrayFullbuster

Activity: 658
Merit: 103

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 08:13:06 AM

I read this article, but I want to see opinions, would you sell all your alts to have only bitcoin now ? I don't think this is recommended

https://cointelegraph.com/news/buy-bitcoin-sell-your-altcoins-says-pioneering-wall-street-blockchain-analyst
It can be useful strategy because we all aware on how powerful is the bitcoin. If we have shitcoins, then it is better if we will trade it to bitcoins. In bitcoins, we can ensure that we can easily increase our investment.

bitcoinveda

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 08:14:39 AM

Keeping them in altcoins is always good because once the Bitcoin price starts increasing automatically the price of altcoins will start increasing. without taking the risk we cannot able to make money, so instead of converting them to Bitcoin, better hold them in altcoin whether if you find potential in altcoins.
kalawang

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 08:31:28 AM

I read this article, but I want to see opinions, would you sell all your alts to have only bitcoin now ? I don't think this is recommended

https://cointelegraph.com/news/buy-bitcoin-sell-your-altcoins-says-pioneering-wall-street-blockchain-analyst
Yes love to work on your savings is to give it will be risen by more to invest in this day and the future, and technology o ore the world so much for a great. I believe in the right direction. I believe that bitcoin will fall in this day our cryptocurrencies are not capitalism. The only one who are in your life.
Bountyl

Activity: 364
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 08:33:01 AM

No, I do not approve. Because altitudes give more profit than bitcoin, as if you are a bitcoin maximalist and believe only in bitcoin. My strategy is that I even spread all the preservation and something should give a good profit.

Huobi Russia  |  Digital Asset Exchange Platform
https://www.huobi.com.ru
CryptoGirl.y

Activity: 624
Merit: 260

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 01:44:01 PM

There is no point in selling altcoyins, on the contrary, they should be bought. I stick to the strategy of the past pump: the growth of the altoctones, then they are poured into bitcoin and after that the pump is on bitcoin.
Nexjr14

Activity: 216
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 02:16:08 PM

I do not agree with your strategy, because if we are going to sell altcoin or Bitcoin should see the condition of price and future potential, it must be a full calculation. And then what altcoin do you mean? Sometimes I think that altcoin price depends on the price of Bitcoin, if Bitcoin goes down then altcoin will follow it.
embargo

Activity: 266

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 02:25:53 PM

It seems to me that altkoins and bitcoins are one kind of digital assets. Yes, there can be fluctuations in different directions (something is becoming cheaper, and something is becoming more expensive). But in general, the trend is one - cheaper crypto-currency - then deductive of any token.
pinkpanther03

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 03:19:32 PM

No, I don't agree on the strategy, all of my profit since when I got started here was came all in altcoin not directly on bitcoin though every time I sold out my altcoins it automatic converted into bitcoin. Probably from sell Bitcoin to buy potentials altcoins is much more betterer, for sure.
bristlefront

Activity: 225
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 03:54:39 PM

If you are really sure to your altcoin then don't sell it on bitcoin if only you think it has really a potential but of course bitcoin has a potential but if you want to try something new since bitcoin is already mainstream then put your faith to your bought altcoin and it goes skyrocket then good for you bro.

coly20032003

Activity: 322
Merit: 110

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 04:48:22 PM

For me, I have both bitcoin and altcoins. Bitcoin is still the biggest crypto currency out there, and is the one that most people know. But there are some good altcoins as well, some of them do have a lot of potential to increase. To reduce risk we can hold both.
rudito

Activity: 275

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 06:05:50 PM

Crypto is very risky and better you do not invest in a single coin, investing in some coins will be better to avoid risks.
lamadu3

Activity: 490

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 04:25:39 PM

Last time I approved the sell altcoins and buy bitcoins strategy. But now I do the opposite. I am slowly selling my bitcoins and buy promising altcoins that may give me more profit in the future. Up to now, there are no signs of market price recovering especially in bitcoin from its current dip and that is the reason why I started to lose hope in bitcoin and regain faith in altcoins.

No, I do not approve this policy. I suppose that the best choice is to have in your portfolio both altcoins and Bitcoins. I like trading alts and I hold BTC.
Onecrypto18

Activity: 39

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 05:00:39 PM

I don't totally approve this. This is because there are some altcoins that grow faster within a period of time than Bitcoin. As such, I wouldn't sell all my altcoins for BTC. Most alts have a more room for growth and expansion than Bitcoin. If at all you want to sell, you can sell the ones that are not too promising.
ReiMomo

Activity: 2366
Merit: 305

Duelbits - $100k Bonus/week

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 05:43:56 PM

That's not a good idea I think. Selling alts will give you loss in this current market situation because all alts are in very cheap price now, even Bitcoin is very low now. I suggest you to hold your alts and sell that for big profit or at least for a decent price. Never sell alts and invest in Bitcoin, you can invest in Bitcoin with the spare money you have or sell your alts when they are in good price and then reinvest in bitcoin.

Duelbits
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DICE 
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████████████████████
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███                         ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
MINES 
████████████████████████▄▀▄████
██████████████▀▄▄▄▀█████▄▀▄████
████████████▀ █████▄▀████ █████
██████████      █████▄▀▀▄██████
███████▀          ▀████████████
█████▀              ▀██████████
█████                ██████████
████▌                ▐█████████
█████                ██████████
██████▄            ▄███████████
████████▄▄      ▄▄█████████████
PLINKO 
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
██████▀  ▄▄███ ███      ▀██████
█████  ▄▀▀                █████
████  ▀                    ████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
Rakesh_alejandro

Activity: 126

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 06:16:47 PM

I'm currently freezing my account. I will not buy or sell during this time. This only makes me lose more money.

I actually plan to sell all of my altcoins and convert them to bitcoins and just hold them until the end time I can say this is the amount I'm targeting.
It really depends if you are thorough and want to make sure your money is in the right coin.
llyfee4u

Activity: 444
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2018, 06:55:19 PM

Each to their own but i don't think that is a great idea.  To start with, selling of your alts at this time will almost certainly result in some losses due to the red markets at play which isn't only affecting alts but also affecting bitcoin. IMO, depend on the alts that you hold, if market conditions are right, you make more from trading your alts than you do simply selling them off and keeping sats.  I get the sentiment that bitcoin is more of store of value for most now, but unless you hold a few bitcoins at least, personally its not worth me sitting on less than 1 bitcoin.  Its hardly gonna jump from 4K to 20 overnight. 
Andalusy

Activity: 364

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 08:11:48 PM

Many people actually do that because of the idea that Bitcoin still is  the best coin around that could give a person the best profit possible come the time it gains back what it lost after several dumps. However, I will not totally dispose all of my altcoins to buy Bitcoin because there are still some altcoins, like Ethereum, that is worth holding. And also, in this market, diversity is key, so it's better to have a couple of coins rather than just one. Everyone has their objective to buy bitcoin or altcoin, there is different reason each other, thats why every coin have a fans, some of them fanatik.
_crypto_moon_

Activity: 112

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 08:18:37 PM

In 2017, this strategy was very relevant, but now it is not working in a declining market. Do not sell your altcoins now, wait until they grow again.
ourepts

Activity: 288

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 10:36:20 PM

Right now my strategy is to always focus on altcoin. Because I am very sure if bitcoin rises, altcoin will also rise. Because bitcoin prices do not tend to increase sharply. In contrast to altcoin which always shows improvement at all times. And my main target is how to get as much ETH as possible.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: