Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 06:06:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 »
  Print  
Author Topic: MultiBit  (Read 336102 times)
steauacris89

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 06:24:29 PM

I want Multibit owner to give back btc to all members who have problems . are 850 $ i this fake error and all of this are money from multibit members. I want him to answer me and give a solution .
Multibit error take my btc , i want my btc back .
I want btc owner to respond my message and give a solution.
I will post any every forum about this bug and how btc owners dont want to resolve it .
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2015, 07:02:48 PM

I want Multibit owner to give back btc to all members who have problems . are 850 $ i this fake error and all of this are money from multibit members. I want him to answer me and give a solution .
I will post any every forum about this bug and how btc owners dont want to resolve it .

I really hope you aren't scamming. There are no OWNERS for Bitcoin. You should make a backup even if the wallet is MOST SECURE. Where is the proof that $850 is gone? Multibit isn't stealing anything, if they do/did, no users will use Multibit now but many are still using whoch shows there is no problem. But yes, bugs can be there and you should report immediately if it is a serious bug. Once again,' I am repeating, MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR WALLET EVERYTIME EVEN IF IT IS MOST SECURE WALLET.

~~MZ~~

lunarboy

Activity: 544
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 10:52:29 AM

Seems to be a phishing scam going around

https://i.imgur.com/5HcH41z.jpg

keep alert  Angry
Jay_Pal
Legendary

Activity: 1493
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 28, 2015, 12:01:19 PM

Seems to be a phishing scam going around

https://i.imgur.com/5HcH41z.jpg

keep alert  Angry

Thanks for the heads up!

Best faucet EVER! - Freebitco.in
Don't Panic... - 1G8zjUzeZBfJpeCbz1MLTc6zQHbLm78vKc
Why not mine from the browser?
pawel7777
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 1559

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2015, 12:31:48 PM

If you have any technical issues, you'd be better off by just politely asking for advise. Good luck getting help with that attitude.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
Shadow-Garret

Activity: 1

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 08:03:28 PM

Hi! I've used MultiBit to send my funds to my anoother address and it's gone to an unknown address! The program shows that it was sent to the right address. But Blockchain.info shows it was sent to wrong address.
What's happend?
https://blockchain.info/address/13xF7LrKreN53BSsSL6Rh7ZbXrHEBrd9TQ - from this addres I've tried to send
https://blockchain.info/address/17wFTGrHsgskYvsR93FPnHoNcBg6fRKgR6 - it should be here
http://i59.fastpic.ru/big/2015/0205/25/dac65497021af98f89f476ea2ba5dc25.jpg
jim618 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1066

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2015, 09:30:56 PM

It looks like you have put a bitcoin address into the 'Label' field on the send screen and then a different one in the Address field.

Normally you would have something like:

Label: Bob
Address: 1xyz... (a Bitcoin address)

It looks like you have put:

Label: 1abc...     (Some bitcoin address)
Address: 1xyz... (Another bitcoin address)

In both of these cases the bitcoin will be sent to the address (1xyz...).

MultiBit HD   Lightweight desktop client.                    Bitcoin Solutions Ltd   Bespoke software. Consultancy.
pawel7777
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 1559

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2015, 10:00:43 PM

It looks like you have put a bitcoin address into the 'Label' field on the send screen and then a different one in the Address field.

If that was the case, then he most likely sent to the previously used address (the last address used is shown in the address bar by default)

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
tspacepilot
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1076

I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 06:54:27 PM

I've definitely used multibit quite a new unit of information with a lack of bullshit, imo). If I'm right in 2 years!
sickhouse

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 06:59:31 AM

One small that should be fixed; if you switch wallets you will land on the same section as you were in earlier. Hard to explain but you have #2 wallet marked under request, go to #1 and select send then #2 will also land on send (even though request should be marked). A small bug but thought it should be reported anway Smiley

Turn off the news and read. Watch Psywar, learn something important about our society and PR, why and how it got started and how it brainwashes you.
rikfredsy

Activity: 256
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 04:19:06 PM

Hi ,
i've a quick questions please , is there any ways to reduce fees in multibit ?? and also want to ask if there are bugs
in the windows versions for btc-e api , also when will you made a new update . Ty

tspacepilot
Legendary

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 06:19:22 PM

Hi ,
i've a quick questions please , is there any ways to reduce fees in multibit ?? and also want to ask if there are bugs
in the windows versions for btc-e api , also when will you made a new update . Ty

I have looked for the ability to edit the transaction fee in multibit and as far as I know, it's not there.  I also started combing through the java code but never really got far---I just used bitcoind to send as I pleased (if I recall correctly).  This is, in my opinion, one of the features which is lacking in multibit.  I can't recall where, but I believe the multibit authors have essentially replied to this by saying "nope, you need to send the standard transaction fee because if you don't then you risk not getting confirmed then we, the multibit authors, risk getting too much mail complaining that our software isn't working when in fact it's the lack of fee".  So they simply want to enforce the standard fee in their software.  As I say, it's open source so you can mod it yourself if you want.  Or you can use RPC commands on bitcoind to generate a transaction without a fee (or with a lower fee), should you wish to do this.
doowap69

Activity: 2

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 03:08:01 PM

Hi! I'm using MultiBit and ran into a bit of a problem.

A few days ago I sent coins to another address from my MB wallet. After a few days of not getting there, I checked the transaction status and it said seen by 1 peer, pending, etc. I had set a fee of 0.0001 , but I think my connection went down after sending it and that's why that happened. After doing some research on this issue I decided to reset the blockchain data.

I just finished doing that, and now the pending transaction doesn't show up in the wallet's Transactions tab (so far so good), but the wallet appears empty ¿? zero coins! even after that failed transaction, there was some tiny amount of coins (0.0001518 or something).

How can I fix this?
tspacepilot
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 08:28:06 PM

Hi! I'm using MultiBit and ran into a bit of a problem.

A few days ago I sent coins to another address from my MB wallet. After a few days of not getting there, I checked the transaction status and it said seen by 1 peer, pending, etc. I had set a fee of 0.0001 , but I think my connection went down after sending it and that's why that happened. After doing some research on this issue I decided to reset the blockchain data.

I just finished doing that, and now the pending transaction doesn't show up in the wallet's Transactions tab (so far so good), but the wallet appears empty ¿? zero coins! even after that failed transaction, there was some tiny amount of coins (0.0001518 or something).

How can I fix this?

If I were you I would take your backup of your private keys (you certainly have one, right?) and simply import that into a fresh wallet program (multibit or some other program) and that should be fine.  You should be able to verify that your addresses still have your bitcoins by looking at a block explorer like blockchain.info.  After that, it's just a matter of importing those keys into some fresh, unborked system and retrying the transaction.

How you actually got borked is not really a question I can answer.
doowap69

Activity: 2

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 06:53:17 PM

If I were you I would take your backup of your private keys (you certainly have one, right?) and simply import that into a fresh wallet program (multibit or some other program) and that should be fine.  You should be able to verify that your addresses still have your bitcoins by looking at a block explorer like blockchain.info.  After that, it's just a matter of importing those keys into some fresh, unborked system and retrying the transaction.

I created a wallet at blockchain.info since they seemed to be able to import MultiBit's private keys, but now apparently they don't anymore (they told me so). Any recommendation about a OSX or web client that could import it?
tspacepilot
Legendary

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 01:39:04 PM

If I were you I would take your backup of your private keys (you certainly have one, right?) and simply import that into a fresh wallet program (multibit or some other program) and that should be fine.  You should be able to verify that your addresses still have your bitcoins by looking at a block explorer like blockchain.info.  After that, it's just a matter of importing those keys into some fresh, unborked system and retrying the transaction.

I created a wallet at blockchain.info since they seemed to be able to import MultiBit's private keys, but now apparently they don't anymore (they told me so). Any recommendation about a OSX or web client that could import it?

As far as I know, any wallet program with any import functionality should be able to import any private keys (right?), it's really just a matter of formatting.  I would definitely stay away from web-wallets if I were you.  Thousands of bitcoins have dissappeared when these websites get hacked/go under/etc.

I've only used bitcoind, multibit, and schildbach's android wallet and I've never had any issue importing/exporting keys between these programs.

Since you're having trouble with converting the format of keys, why not just re-import your multibit keys into a fresh wallet in multibit?
btchris

Activity: 672
Merit: 504

a.k.a. gurnec on GitHub

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2015, 02:36:19 PM

As far as I know, any wallet program with any import functionality should be able to import any private keys (right?)

Close, I think... there are still some wallets which can't import/store private keys with compressed public keys (Armory is the only popular one I can think of).

And of course there are plenty of wallets that choose not to include an import function, for example mobile ones, strictly HD ones, etc., but I'm sure you know that already.

I'd agree with everything else you said.
kpitti
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 06:37:36 AM

I am using Multibit for more then one year. I keep it allways on and running. Since month or two I found that after restart Multibit is syncing very very long time, like a day or more. Sometimes it seems that it`s stack on some %. When I close it and open again it start again, but much faster then before. Any idea how to speed up syncing. It`s a problem when I need to send some btc, but I can`t and need wait till syncing is done.
jim618 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1066

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2015, 10:58:48 AM

One thing that slow things down is if you close your wallet - using File | Close wallet before you close MultiBit.
There is no need to do that - if you leave it open then you should only sync from when you last used it which is quicker.

MultiBit HD   Lightweight desktop client.                    Bitcoin Solutions Ltd   Bespoke software. Consultancy.
tspacepilot
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 02:07:15 PM

One thing that slow things down is if you close your wallet - using File | Close wallet before you close MultiBit.
There is no need to do that - if you leave it open then you should only sync from when you last used it which is quicker.

Is it that when you close the wallet file and reopen then you need to reply the blockchain from the wallet's born-on date?  Just trying to see if I follow.
Pages: « 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 »
  Print  

Jump to: