Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 02:46:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 158 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ⚒[CGA] Cryptographic Anomaly - The Elusive Coin⚒  (Read 226228 times)
balsi

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 02:39:22 PM

Updated the front-end of my pool: http://anomalypool.com:2124

Feedback appreciated!

Very nice update! Although I don't understand much the meaning of the charts. What's Total Mean Area & Dead mean Area? Why some miners have more Dead mean area even with lower hash rate than miners with higher hash rate?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
0btc

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

0x0a.nl operator

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2014, 02:45:59 PM

I probably should a) set up a github repo b) place those patch links on top.. And we three should probably revisit the values before the upgrade!

That would be very helpful for others I'm sure. I'm interested in why your P2P_PORT is set to 23931 rather than the normal p2p port 13931 in your patched networks.py. Was that a custom value for your setup?
I read that the the "IDENTIFIER" and "PREFIX" can be generated for a new coin by taking 19 random numbers and converting them to hex, but that they should be consistent across all P2Pools. Assuming that's correct, I suggest we make your values for IDENTIFIER and PREFIX the 'official' values for any CGA p2pool for the sake of consistency across all the p2pools.

I'll try to set a github repo up today. I have to decide whether to branch from forrestv or rav3nPL - I think the second makes more sense because Rav3n is the king of altcoin p2pool, but so far I went with forrestv.

There are two P2P_PORT variables (4 if you count testnet), the client's P2P_PORT which is defined in p2pool/bitcoin/networks.py, and P2Pool's own P2P_PORT which is defined in p2pool/networks.py. It would be impractical to use the same port numbers there - you would get a conflict unless you run the client on a different interface. So I just kept with the 'tradition' of using the same RPC & P2P_PORT as the client, but raising one number - like with bitcoin, client's RPC/P2P ports are 8332/8333, P2Pool's ports are 9332/9333.

The IDENTIFIER & PREFIX variables are indeed random (although 16 characters IICCC*), and serve as a fingerprint. Keeping them consistent is also indeed the best way to keep a strong P2Pool network. One thing though - if we're going to change values, whether it be block period or spread or whatever, it would be a good idea to generate a new fingerprint to avoid internal conflicts.

*If I Can Count Correctly

p2p.0x0a.nl for all your Cryptographic Anomaly, Cypherfunks, FryCoin, GameCredits, Gulden, PenguinCoin, and TittieCoin p2pool nodes! Err.. I mean needs! .. Both.
wzttide

Activity: 238

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 02:53:00 PM

Feedback appreciated!

Very nice update! Although I don't understand much the meaning of the charts. What's Total Mean Area & Dead mean Area? Why some miners have more Dead mean area even with lower hash rate than miners with higher hash rate?
Dead mhs: This is mostly because of missconfigured mining rigs. They are listed as "rejected" in cgminer and are the same as of other pools. Only other pools don't show this value (or you must look for it). Maybe because people think that the pool is bad or something Smiley

I can only speak for myself: I don't have more rejects than on other pools. My mining rig configs are just shit Wink
0btc

0x0a.nl operator

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2014, 02:59:54 PM

Dead mhs: This is mostly because of missconfigured mining rigs. They are listed as "rejected" in cgminer and are the same as of other pools. Only other pools don't show this value (or you must look for it). Maybe because people think that the pool is bad or something Smiley

I can only speak for myself: I don't have more rejects than on other pools. My mining rig configs are just shit Wink

We should call them zombie shares instead of dead shares. People like zombies. :p

For tips on how to improve your miner configs: section in the official P2Pool wiki and section latencies of the P2Pool efficiency guide.

p2p.0x0a.nl for all your Cryptographic Anomaly, Cypherfunks, FryCoin, GameCredits, Gulden, PenguinCoin, and TittieCoin p2pool nodes! Err.. I mean needs! .. Both.
balsi

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 03:00:29 PM

Feedback appreciated!

So if I have 2MH/s Total & 1MH/s Dead, I am only mining @ 1MH/s?  Huh
tertius993

Activity: 1029
Merit: 712

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 03:08:01 PM

We should call them zombie shares instead of dead shares. People like zombies. :p

For tips on how to improve your miner configs: section in the official P2Pool wiki and section latencies of the P2Pool efficiency guide.

I found the scrypt_readme file included with cgminer to be incredibly useful.  Much better than trying to copy other people's config.

It basically boiled down to:
1. Delete all the .bin files
2. Start cgminer with minimum flags
3. Build the intensity up until you start getting errors, then drop it by 1
4. Turn up the GPU clocks 25 at a time until the GPU crashes, then turn it down by 25

Job's an orange vegetable.
balsi

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 03:27:32 PM

Feedback appreciated!

If I have a misconfigured mining rigs(inefficient / high dead speed), can i benefit from normal pool than p2p pool? Or efficiency is the same on any kind of pools?
0btc

0x0a.nl operator

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2014, 04:39:40 PM

If I have a misconfigured mining rigs(inefficient / high dead speed), can i benefit from normal pool than p2p pool? Or efficiency is the same on any kind of pools?

This is hard to tell. There are combinations of miner hardware (sha256) and configurations that do not fit P2Pool all too well. Though dead shares do not directly count toward your payout, they are still part of the overall process of finding blocks. P2Pool works a little differently with regards to its share system in that it's like a mini block chain, so latency is more important than with regular pools. If you think your rig has latency issues, it is thinkable that it could work better with regular pools. However, P2Pool is usually credited with a higher payout than regular pools. For one, the fee on a P2Pool is the overall fee, while on normal pools the actual fee depends on the automatic & manual payout fee + the configured payout threshold. In addition, by default P2Pool has a 0.5% block bonus - meaning that you get at least 1/200th share in the overall payout on blocks you find regardless of how much hash the other miners are supplying.

For the best answer, I think you'd have to see what you get averaged over a fixed number of blocks at different pools.

Momiji

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 04:52:15 PM

I haven`t been getting any payments from p2pool for two hours, but cgminer seems to be working as usual, am I on the wrong chain or what?
s4w3d0ff (OP)

Activity: 322

Spray and Pray

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 04:56:17 PM

Alright everyone!

We will be doing the update in a few hours! I read that a few of you want to help with testing the new update and I would love your help!

I will be at #CGAnomaly on freenode IRC if you want to participate! I will need someone who can compile a windows wallet!

BTC:15D8VaZco22GTLVrFMAehXyif6EGf8GMYV
|⚒|Cryptographic Anomaly|⚒|
Molitor

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 05:03:55 PM

I haven`t been getting any payments from p2pool for two hours, but cgminer seems to be working as usual, am I on the wrong chain or what?

Same from Anomalypool. Pool charts are down but haven't flatlined, so I should be getting something.

Alright everyone!

We will be doing the update in a few hours! I read that a few of you want to help with testing the new update and I would love your help!

I will be at #CGAnomaly on freenode IRC if you want to participate! I will need someone who can compile a windows wallet!

Sooo does this mean that the AnomalyPool has just decided to stop sending out coins as they're mined until the update?  Not meaning to come off harsh, but how can you even think about releasing a mandatory update in a couple hours if you don't have a windows wallet compiled yet?
0btc

0x0a.nl operator

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2014, 05:17:01 PM

Same from Anomalypool. Pool charts are down but haven't flatlined, so I should be getting something.

Sooo does this mean that the AnomalyPool has just decided to stop sending out coins as they're mined until the update?  Not meaning to come off harsh, but how can you even think about releasing a mandatory update in a couple hours if you don't have a windows wallet compiled yet?

All three P2Pool nodes including anomalypool pay out per P2Pool protocol, which is that a block found = instant payout. If you're not receiving anything even though you had a share in the payout (see the Payout or Graphs tab on any node) and a block was found, then you're on a different chain.. In that case, try restarting your wallet as described earlier in the thread (make a backup of the data directory, move it out of the way, copy your cryptograhpicanomaly.conf and wallet.dat, make sure you add the nodes from https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=437950.msg4961802#msg4961802).

Momiji

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 05:28:38 PM

Sooo does this mean that the AnomalyPool has just decided to stop sending out coins as they're mined until the update?  Not meaning to come off harsh, but how can you even think about releasing a mandatory update in a couple hours if you don't have a windows wallet compiled yet?

All three P2Pool nodes including anomalypool pay out per P2Pool protocol, which is that a block found = instant payout. If you're not receiving anything even though you had a share in the payout (see the Payout or Graphs tab on any node) and a block was found, then you're on a different chain.. In that case, try restarting your wallet as described earlier in the thread (make a backup of the data directory, move it out of the way, copy your cryptograhpicanomaly.conf and wallet.dat, make sure you add the nodes from https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=437950.msg4961802#msg4961802).

Just to be sure I did all of it before posting and it didn`t help, repeated all this actions again a moment ago, still got nothing.

Yesterday cryptochomper decieved me with my coins for almost half a day because of that stuck thing and now again. wtf
Molitor

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 05:35:56 PM

This did work for me. Shoulda thought of it before.  Roll Eyes

Thanks.
wzttide

Activity: 238

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 05:43:05 PM

Just to be sure I did all of it before posting and it didn`t help, repeated all this actions again a moment ago, still got nothing.

Yesterday cryptochomper decieved me with my coins for almost half a day because of that stuck thing and now again. wtf

I understand your worries, but we have no chance to make sure that cryptochomper is on the right chain. We already secured the chains around the p2pools, please use only the nodes you'll find in this thread. I'd also suggest to take the node of the p2pool you use as your first "addnode=..." line in your config. Unfortunately there is no way we can make sure that cryptochomper doesn't jump off the chain again.
Momiji

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 05:47:39 PM

Sooo does this mean that the AnomalyPool has just decided to stop sending out coins as they're mined until the update?  Not meaning to come off harsh, but how can you even think about releasing a mandatory update in a couple hours if you don't have a windows wallet compiled yet?

This did work for me. Shoulda thought of it before.  Roll Eyes

Thanks.

Did it the third time and it worked, odd.

I understand your worries, but we have no chance to make sure that cryptochomper is on the right chain. We already secured the chains around the p2pools, please use only the nodes you'll find in this thread. I'd also suggest to take the node of the p2pool you use as your first "addnode=..." line in your config. Unfortunately there is no way we can make sure that cryptochomper doesn't jump off the chain again.

I used the nodes from this thread and my p2pool node (148.251.15.235) was as the first one in the conf file. Only for the third time clearing the roaming data worked for me, so it`s ok now.
brokedummy
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 05:49:27 PM

Me too, mine stopped around 9:30 this morning EST.
tf2honeybadger

Activity: 189

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 05:53:19 PM

I've taken down my node for now while I help test the new update. The block explorer and my p2pool node will be back up soon once we get this update working.
Molitor

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 06:01:18 PM

Me too, mine stopped around 9:30 this morning EST.

Worked for me:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=437950.msg4976675#msg4976675
brokedummy
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 06:12:06 PM

First time didn't work, still stops at 9:28. Trying again.

OK it worked, I added a USA based node at the top of the conf and got my payments past 9:28
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 158 »
  Print  

Jump to: