Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:53:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... 158 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ⚒[CGA] Cryptographic Anomaly - The Elusive Coin⚒  (Read 226224 times)
Molitor

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 10:45:30 AM

i also think same. community need to decide. but community is not you and Molitor, neither me or someone else.
a poll can answer what community want easily.
i can only respect a decision about not to involve at exchanges with a poll.

No, the developers must make all decisions as to what's best for the coin. Whether you respect them is irrelevant.

They should take community opinion in account, but should not be bound by it, as too many people will vote in their own short-term self-interest and not what's best for the currency.

can you please keep your ideas -like mining more coin before more people come - to yourself.
No.

Of course a dev. can decide for the coin but there are borders he can't go without community approval.
If a dev. has ideas like hardforking coins general parameters, refusing exchanges ext. he may keep them for himself.
He need to ask to community before doing something like that or he can find himself alone. (and without coin if coin is trading at an exchange- if it has $ value- and we're saying it community takeover).

If all devs were bound by the community, then you wouldn't have so many imbeciles devs sitting around changing variables and MS Painting logos so as to excrete their coin-of-the-week directly into the Cryptsy Clown Car, because the community is fed up with it. A ship needs a strong, thoughtful captain, otherwise it's adrift amongst the shoals. I would politely suggest than anyone who wishes to mutiny can fork off here: https://github.com/s4w3d0ff/cryptographicanomaly

Everyone likes to make money, but there's more to being a member of a community than bleeding it dry.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mycointr

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 10:50:32 AM

So you are trusting a website (like https://poloniex.com/ which is registered since 10th Jan 2014 and the person behind it hides with godaddy) more than a person who pays bounties (20 CGA, ask Snard), is active in bulding up CGA (ask sawedoff), runs multiple nodes (ask sawedoff, 0btc, everyone connected to my servers) and has a pool with more than 2/3rd of the whole CGA network (ask all other pool owners)?

Do you really think I invest like 1 BTC (my time not counting) to steal a few CGA. Come on.

i didn't realise u're the owner of anomalypool.
my bad, sorry.
wzttide

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 11:02:29 AM

If all devs were bound by the community, then you wouldn't have so many imbeciles devs sitting around changing variables and MS Painting logos so as to excrete their coin-of-the-week directly into the Cryptsy Clown Car, because the community is fed up with it. A ship needs a strong, thoughtful captain, otherwise it's adrift amongst the shoals. I would politely suggest than anyone who wishes to mutiny can fork off here: https://github.com/s4w3d0ff/cryptographicanomaly

Everyone likes to make money, but there's more to being a member of a community than bleeding it dry.

+1
mycointr

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 11:20:09 AM

+1

i really can't get what you understand from a 'coin'.
we're not here to be a member of some community.
we're here because we are trying to own -create- some coins of the currency some dev. created and all currencies needs exchange, otherwise they die as they have no real value.
I'm voting for more people to come own-create this currency, currency to grow.
you're voting for having more....more...all of them.
All i will say is good luck with your monopoly money if u want to do so.

Momiji

Activity: 22

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 12:30:20 PM

+1

we're here because we are trying to own -create- some coins of the currency some dev. created and all currencies needs exchange, otherwise they die as they have no real value.

We need to secure the chain, get rid of forks, be able to compile win wallet anytime we want in case of emergency upgrade (all technical problems we have now) and then hit the exchange. If something happens when there are many people in the community from the exchange, because this coin isn`t secure and trustable, it may end up sorely. it becomes a business, it never forgives a major mistakes.
Taint

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 12:40:11 PM

An exchange would be mad to touch us while we're forking so regularly.

If an Exchange were to fork unexpectedly while trades were occurring it would be disastrous. It would destroy the coin's reputation.

I'm not about to take a poll, but I suspect the general consensus is to avoid an exchange until these issues are resolved.

Either way this is the Dev's call to make

Want Free Bitcoins? Try http://freebitco.in/?r=343120
jayguar

Activity: 616
Merit: 526

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 12:42:09 PM

+1

We need to secure the chain, get rid of forks, be able to compile win wallet anytime we want in case of emergency upgrade (all technical problems we have now) and then hit the exchange. If something happens when there are many people in the community from the exchange, because this coin isn`t secure, trustable or it may end up sorely.

+1

With the current technical issues we are facing, getting into an exchange at this time could project the coin in a negative way. How many would buy this coin in the exchanges when there are issues to be fixed? I trust CGA's dev s4w3d0ff, wzttide, tf2honeybadger and others supporting this coin to make this coin a big success and one of the best altcoins we've seen so far.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄█████████████▄
░░░█████████████████
░░████▄░░░█████▄████
███▀██░░░███████████
██████░░░████████████
███▄██░░░██████▀█████
████░░░░░███████████
█████▄░░░░██████▀░░███
██████░░░░░▀▀▀░░░▄███
░░██████░░██▄▄▄▄████
░░░██████▄▀█▀▄████
░░░░▀█████████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
UNNAMED.EXCHANGE░░░░▄██░░
░░░░██░░░
░░░▀██▀░░
░░░░██░░░

░░▄▄░░░▄▄░░
░░███████░░
▐██▄█▄██▌
██▄  ▀  ▄██
░░░▄▄░░▄██▄░░
░░▀███▄███▌░░
░░░░██████░░░
░░░░▄███▀░░░░
░░░░░▄██░░░
░░░▄████░░░
░░██▀▄██▌░░
░░░░▀██░░
mycointr

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 01:04:37 PM

of course technical issues need to be solved before exchange.

but what is tecnical issue you talk this much?
other than 2 pools didn't change new wallet and they're forking..
solution is simple: mine at other pools and technical issue solved.

stop being lame and childish.
network hash dropped to 20 Mh.
if u continue this situation someone will come and %51 it.
and you'll find a broken coin left in your hands.

this coin only needs 1-2 good pool (not p2p)
advertise to grow, and exchange.

if a few more days pass i'm pretty sure that 20 Mh will drop to 3-5 Mh (Molitor  Grin )
wzttide

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 01:09:11 PM

As I wrote like 1081 times before: Please let us make a time plan so we can make sceptic people like mycointr confident in CGA again. Just saying "we don't want to hit an exchange" may sound very missleading, because we actually WANT to hit an exchange, but only with a stable network.

mycointr: My pool alone has > 30 mh/s, and I withdrew like 18 mhs (you see exactly when this happened Wink ). If I didn't withdrew the network actually would grow. And I'll switch my miners back soon, this is just temporarily.
Momiji

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 01:15:31 PM

if a few more days pass i'm pretty sure that 20 Mh will drop to 3-5 Mh (Molitor  Grin )

Guys have a plan to stop forking at all (I mean like now), this is first.
We need to compile win wallet anytime.
It hasn`t dropped to 20, it`s stable around 40. and I agree we need to do it as fast as we can, like a few days.
jayguar

Activity: 616
Merit: 526

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 01:16:39 PM

Seems like we need a compiled windows wallet of the latest github source.

Is it possible to create a windows wallet with QT creator? I'm not a technical person and I'm just trying few tutorials I found online.

I tried it, I'm a technical person - and I failed. Building a windows wallet is like mixing beer and coke. It's just not right.
Grin I agree with you, after trying for hours (s4w3d0ff can attest to this) to cross-compile the qt wallet under Linux.

With you techies finding it hard to compile a windows QT, this should be one tough thing to do. I have been trying the whole day and all I get is pages of errors which looks gibberish to me, but I'm not going to give up. May be I can learn something from this.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄█████████████▄
░░░█████████████████
░░████▄░░░█████▄████
███▀██░░░███████████
██████░░░████████████
███▄██░░░██████▀█████
████░░░░░███████████
█████▄░░░░██████▀░░███
██████░░░░░▀▀▀░░░▄███
░░██████░░██▄▄▄▄████
░░░██████▄▀█▀▄████
░░░░▀█████████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
UNNAMED.EXCHANGE░░░░▄██░░
░░░░██░░░
░░░▀██▀░░
░░░░██░░░

░░▄▄░░░▄▄░░
░░███████░░
▐██▄█▄██▌
██▄  ▀  ▄██
░░░▄▄░░▄██▄░░
░░▀███▄███▌░░
░░░░██████░░░
░░░░▄███▀░░░░
░░░░░▄██░░░
░░░▄████░░░
░░██▀▄██▌░░
░░░░▀██░░
mycointr

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 01:23:03 PM

Guys have a plan to stop forking at all (I mean like now), this is first.
We need to compile win wallet anytime.
It hasn`t dropped to 20, it`s stable around 40. and I agree we need to do it as fast as we can, like a few days.

12:41:45

{
"blocks" : 12039,
"currentblocksize" : 1000,
"currentblocktx" : 0,
"difficulty" : 0.23188216,
"errors" : "",
"generate" : false,
"genproclimit" : -1,
"hashespersec" : 0,
"networkhashps" : 22944705,
"pooledtx" : 0,
"testnet" : false
}

you need to bother about total hash on correct chain, not on forking or some pool-person didn't change wallet.
someone may make his own bugged wallet set parameter as 1000000 block reward and run it with 40Mh hash.
what will you do? will you stop to take some time to think?
sh*t may happen anytime, there is only one thing that can prevent that, having more hash on network..
wzttide

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 01:39:57 PM

you need to bother about total hash on correct chain, not on forking or some pool-person didn't change wallet.
someone may make his own bugged wallet set parameter as 1000000 block reward and run it with 40Mh hash.
sh*t may happen anytime, there is only one thing that can prevent that, having more hash on network..

So the person would have 1 kazillian CGA. A currency not listed on any exchange. Yay, he/she did it, never needs to work again.

Besides that: You need 40 mhs to do this, this cannot be provided by some backyard mining rig.
mycointr

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 01:51:43 PM

So the person would have 1 kazillian CGA. A currency not listed on any exchange. Yay, he/she did it, never needs to work again.

Besides that: You need 40 mhs to do this, this cannot be provided by some backyard mining rig.

you're wrong, it can be provided by everyone..
all needed is to hire some rigs for one day at @ 0.0140 Mh/day (price is from betarigs atm)
only 0.5 btc to ruin a promissing coin that has some new parameters in it, not bad.

brokedummy
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 01:53:12 PM

you're wrong, it can be provided by everyone..
all needed is to hire some rigs for one day at @ 0.0140 Mh/day (price is from betarigs atm)
only 0.5 btc to ruin a promissing coin that has some new parameters in it, not bad.

What can they really do? Double spend CGA? Nobody has bought any yet.
mycointr

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 02:02:42 PM

issue is not that,

technical team of coin saying : 'two pools and some people didn't change wallet, that nodes are forking, this is a big technical issue'

and they refuse to get involved at exchange.

they're loosing community and producing a bigger 'technical issue', i'm trying to make them get it...
Momiji

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 02:09:29 PM

issue is not that,

technical team of coin saying : 'two pools and some people didn't change wallet, that nodes are forking, this is a big technical issue'

and they refuse to get involved at exchange.

they're loosing community and producing a bigger 'technical issue', i'm trying to make them get it...

CGA is hitting an exchange, s4w3d0ff contacted with it, so now other issues has to be solved. no?
wzttide

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 02:09:48 PM

The pools are on the wrong chain right now? I'm mining anomaly pool no problems.
He/She's speaking hypothetical, everything is fine.
wzttide

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 02:11:15 PM

There is a windows wallet compiled today.

Please update your windows wallets!

http://www.chainbrowser.com/qt/CryptographicAnomaly.zip
Snard

Activity: 140

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 02:12:40 PM

The QT up on the site "should" be the one compiled from the latest source. I compiled it and uploaded it to chainbrowser at 12 EST yesterday.  So we are good to go there.

Thank you so much for documenting your steps, this how-to should be listed on the website!

That worked for me last night, but unfortunately woke up with the same message Sad

Has the code been modified to not allow miners of different versions to talk to each other? If so, we need to make sure all the pools are running the same version and go from there.  As the pools have the most hashing power that should stabilize the coin and force everyone else to upgrade as they will start losing peers if they stay on the older version.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... 158 »
  Print  

Jump to: