Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 03:18:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 ... 158 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ⚒[CGA] Cryptographic Anomaly - The Elusive Coin⚒  (Read 226213 times)
Molitor

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 07:37:32 AM

@Ralph12:

Make sure your miners don't fall back to a messed pool when anomaly.com goes out.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ralph12

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 07:39:04 AM

Anyone having issues with anomalypool?

I just got home from work - haven't had the wallet running all day but had my miners working away at anomalypool. Didn't receive any payouts for the last 8+ hours (since about the time the pool went down for the upgrade).

Have just installed the new wallet and synced - as soon as the wallet was ready I started getting payouts again. But nothing for an 8+ hour period between the pool going down and me upgrading the wallet about 10 minutes ago.

Anyone else experience this?

You get the wallet from chainbrowser.com? That's the latest one. I'm not sure if the front page is right.

anomalypool has had intermittent outs, but nothing prolonged. You can check here http://anomalypool.com:2124/static/graphs.html?Day and see if you're actually doing anything. If it shows you're getting payouts and they haven't arrived yet, something's probably wrong on your end. But when you finally get synced, you should get all the coins you mined.

Thanks Molitor, I hadn't seen those graphs before. It think it looks a bit wierd - or is it just me that's wierd lol?

http://s27.postimg.org/q6yxv2kzn/anomaly1.png
tertius993

Activity: 1012
Merit: 706

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 07:47:50 AM

Firstly big thanks to the guys that have been working on this - really appreciate your efforts.

A clarification question if I may: is my understanding correct that the latest version (1.1.2.1) has a known bug in that if you close your synch'd wallet the local blockchain copy will be "lost" and you will need to re-synchronise?

Assuming that is correct then we are waiting for a further update to the client?

Would it be sensible to update the OP and the website with:
a) info about the known bug and how to deal with it so people are aware;
b) an estimate of when the next version will be released; and
c) some guidance as to whether people should update now (and live with the bug) or wait?
Molitor

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 07:51:58 AM

@ralphs12: That's messed, yeah. But you're connected.

The returns (lower graph) tends to have a lot of gaps, but I don't understand your hashrate problem. Are you switching in and out of the pool?

I'm definitely not an expert and this is mostly voodoo experimentation, but in the config file I have:

"user" : "<address>+0.0005"

I have 2x400KH/s. If you have half that, you can try +0.0001 and that will get rid of some of the "...requested work restart"

ralph12

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 07:54:02 AM

The returns (lower graph) tends to have a lot of gaps, but I don't understand your hashrate problem. Are you switching in and out of the pool?

I'm definitely not an expert and this is mostly voodoo experimentation, but in the config file I have:

I have 2x400KH/s. If you have half that, you can try +0.0001 and that will get rid of some of the "...requested work restart"

Thanks Molitor, much appreciated. I'll give it a go.

Haha voodoo experimentation. I love it.
Molitor

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 07:59:14 AM

A clarification question if I may: is my understanding correct that the latest version (1.1.2.1) has a known bug in that if you close your synch'd wallet the local blockchain copy will be "lost" and you will need to re-synchronise?

This is correct. The wallet intentionally deletes the blockchain to get rid of forks. The bug is that it does it every time instead of once, or so I infer.

If I restart I have to delete the blockchain etc manually or it won't even start to sync and will be stuck at 8 weeks.

Molitor

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 08:05:02 AM

Thanks Molitor, much appreciated. I'll give it a go.

Haha voodoo experimentation. I love it.

You can also check your Scantime, Queue and Expiry. When the diff is low, I use Scantime 5, expiry 120, and Queue of 2. If the diff gets higher, I raise the scantime up to ~20. More voodoo joy. You gotta change something, then watch the charts for 5-10 minutes. It's a pain, buy you can vastly improve your returns.

No matter what I do, the lower chart is always spastic.

wzttide

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 08:08:36 AM

I just got home from work - haven't had the wallet running all day but had my miners working away at anomalypool. Didn't receive any payouts for the last 8+ hours (since about the time the pool went down for the upgrade).

Have just installed the new wallet and synced - as soon as the wallet was ready I started getting payouts again. But nothing for an 8+ hour period between the pool going down and me upgrading the wallet about 10 minutes ago.

You get the wallet from chainbrowser.com? That's the latest one. I'm not sure if the front page is right.

anomalypool has had intermittent outs, but nothing prolonged. You can check here http://anomalypool.com:2124/static/graphs.html?Day and see if you're actually doing anything. If it shows you're getting payouts and they haven't arrived yet, something's probably wrong on your end. But when you finally get synced, you should get all the coins you mined.

Thanks Molitor, I hadn't seen those graphs before. It think it looks a bit wierd - or is it just me that's wierd lol?

This is a little bit wierd, can you check your miner and everything? Other addresses don't have this problems at all. Nevertheless I'll investigate this further, but I can't promise you that I'll find anything, the graphs are pretty accurate.
wzttide

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 08:16:19 AM

You can also check your Scantime, Queue and Expiry. When the diff is low, I use Scantime 5, expiry 120, and Queue of 2. If the diff gets higher, I raise the scantime up to ~20. More voodoo joy. You gotta change something, then watch the charts for 5-10 minutes. It's a pain, buy you can vastly improve your returns.

No matter what I do, the lower chart is always spastic.

Nice, will do this too Wink
tertius993

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 08:18:59 AM

Interesting, what does the "+0.0005" do?  Can't see it in the cgminer readme.
wzttide

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 08:32:59 AM

anomalypool.com bonus payouts: https://cryptocointalk.com/topic/4377-anomalypoolcom-stable-p2pool-without-a-fee/#entry43053

I hope I didn't forgot someone, if I did, please drop me a line.
Molitor

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 08:34:45 AM

Firstly big thanks to the guys that have been working on this - really appreciate your efforts.

Assuming that is correct then we are waiting for a further update to the client?

c) some guidance as to whether people should update now (and live with the bug) or wait?

I would advise you to wait. There are more bugs than just that and they could potentialy destroy this coin if it gets out of hand... this is why I have neglected putting up the wallets (or really doing anything). You should be fine updating to 1.1.2.1 but keep in mind tomorrow there will be yet another MANDITORY update. Yes im sorry if this feels like we are using you as Beta testers for our updates but with the amount of hostility going on in this thread it has caused us to want to get our updates fixed as fast as possible. The reason this last one was released so quickly was because of the large amount of forks going on and we didn't want to completely lose the coin. Though in our hast we only created more problems while fixing others. So please have some patience. We are doing the best we can while working with a new coin concept.

That being said... STOP SOLO MINING! at least until we can get the network stable. Mine in Anomalypool.com for it's nodes are hardcoded so it will never fork! You can still mine in anomalypool without a working wallet. As long as you had made a wallet prior to all this crap and you don't delete your wallet.dat you will receive your coins!

I hope you don't take what I've said as hostile. If so, you're taking it exactly backwards. I (for one) don't want updates as fast as possible. I want them as good as possible. I've said all along not to rush, and test thoroughly before you release. C'mon dude, you're not using us as beta testers, you're using us as pre-alpha testers. In a real company, that last release would get someone fired.

Here's what I said before:

When GIT is updated with the hard coded nodes and the patch posted earlier and s4w3d0ff gives me the OK, I will go ahead and compile the latest version.

Are you going to test it before you release it? I know there's a rush to get out a good wallet, but at this point, if you release something broken, things could get brutal.

Well. Surprise.

You can't flip the bird at, Murphy's Law, Common Sense and software engineering 101 without repercussions.

All this may sound harsh, but if you were delaying things to fix bugs or test a newly compiled client, I'd be the first to defend you.

ralph12

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 08:37:35 AM

This is a little bit wierd, can you check your miner and everything? Other addresses don't have this problems at all. Nevertheless I'll investigate this further, but I can't promise you that I'll find anything, the graphs are pretty accurate.

Thanks wzttide. I'm not too stressed about it, was more curious. Don't waste any time on it, with my low hash speeds it's dog all anyway lol. Just a bit of fun!
wzttide

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 08:45:28 AM

I would advise you to wait. There are more bugs than just that and they could potentialy destroy this coin if it gets out of hand... this is why I have neglected putting up the wallets (or really doing anything). You should be fine updating to 1.1.2.1 but keep in mind tomorrow there will be yet another MANDITORY update. Yes im sorry if this feels like we are using you as Beta testers for our updates but with the amount of hostility going on in this thread it has caused us to want to get our updates fixed as fast as possible. The reason this last one was released so quickly was because of the large amount of forks going on and we didn't want to completely lose the coin. Though in our hast we only created more problems while fixing others. So please have some patience. We are doing the best we can while working with a new coin concept.

That being said... STOP SOLO MINING! at least until we can get the network stable. Mine in Anomalypool.com for it's nodes are hardcoded so it will never fork! You can still mine in anomalypool without a working wallet. As long as you had made a wallet prior to all this crap and you don't delete your wallet.dat you will receive your coins!

I hope you don't take what I've said as hostile. If so, you're taking it exactly backwards. I (for one) don't want updates as fast as possible. I want them as good as possible. I've said all along not to rush, and test thoroughly before you release. C'mon dude, you're not using us as beta testers, you're using us as pre-alpha testers. In a real company, that last release would get someone fired.

When GIT is updated with the hard coded nodes and the patch posted earlier and s4w3d0ff gives me the OK, I will go ahead and compile the latest version.

Are you going to test it before you release it? I know there's a rush to get out a good wallet, but at this point, if you release something broken, things could get brutal.

Well. Surprise.

You can't flip the bird at, Murphy's Law, Common Sense and software engineering 101 without repercussions.

All this may sound harsh, but if you were delaying things to fix bugs or test a newly compiled client, I'd be the first to defend you.

The problem is that the forks needed to be fixed asap, this had top prio to ensure nobody mines on a wrong chain and loses earnings. The devs do what they can - and yes, I see your point about code quality and tests Wink
Molitor

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 08:46:15 AM

Interesting, what does the "+0.0005" do?  Can't see it in the cgminer readme.

The effect it has is to reduce the diff of the work it sends you. Notice you'll get something like 'Accepted .... diff nn/32' if you lower it to +0.0001, it lowers the bottom number, so you'll get 'Accepted .... diff nn/6' all the time. The bottom number will always be fixed, whereas without it, the bottom number will vary.

Maybe someone can give a good explanation...

I always raise that number just until MOST of the work restart errors go away. Usually between 0.0001 and 0.0009, lower when you have lower hashrates and to make work restart errors go away.

Works for me, anyway. I hope it works for you guys.

awesomeperson451

Activity: 28

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 08:49:53 AM

Check the graphs for my address, AFnYPruQpNqzi4UEquWPmA4vV2xf6gNGa1. I think the reason for the hashrate graph weirdness is caused the fact that ralph12 and I are probably both putting out around 100 kh/s. The graphs seem to calculate a hashrate using the amount of time between shares while using the share difficulty as a weight. The problem is that the hashrate is only calculated over a span of 1-3 minutes, and if a share isn't submitted in that time, it goes back down to 0. That means that the minimum hasrate that can be displayed is the hashrate needed to generate 1 share per 1-3 minutes. This explains why all the spikes you see are far higher than our actual hashrates. As for the odd spaces between payouts, I have no idea.

On a related note, I just got my .5 CGA for mining all day today! Thanks wzttide!
mycointr

Activity: 56

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 08:56:43 AM

new day... Grin
new wallet.. Grin
new chain to download...  Grin

i'm excited  Cheesy
tertius993

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 08:57:28 AM

s4w3d0ff I have sent you a PM.  Just a suggestion.
Molitor

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 08:59:43 AM

Well. Surprise.

The problem is that the forks needed to be fixed asap, this had top prio to ensure nobody mines on a wrong chain and loses earnings. The devs do what they can - and yes, I see your point about code quality and tests Wink

I understand that, and I understand this is all hard work. But you still have to test things. Period. Rather than putting out that client, you could have simply told everyone not to solo, get on anomaly and don't worry because the coins are in the mail. It's infuriating because this coin has promise, and I respect you guys, but c'mon, you know you know better than to go from compiler to download link in one fell swoop. All this rushing is just making your job all the harder.

Again. Take all this as tough love.  Smiley And on the bright side, nobody's bitching about getting it on an exchange anymore.
mycointr

Activity: 56

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 09:03:40 AM

sorry to bother but...
is there a new-todays (10.02.2014) Windows wallet yet?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 ... 158 »
  Print  

Jump to: