Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 07:59:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 [142] 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ⚒[CGA] Cryptographic Anomaly - The Elusive Coin⚒  (Read 226222 times)
soulistyce

Activity: 699
Merit: 510

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 07:15:06 PM

I'm getting the same error: "Displayed transactions may not be correct! You may need to upgrade, or other nodes may need to upgrade."

Lost half a day of mining on 15 MH/s yesterday - seems like it went down around 7:30AM EST

I just tried sending .01 CGA to my Poloniex account to see if it confirms, we'll see

Any progress on fixing these issues??

heres my yesterday transation, check tx id on blockexplorer....it doesnt exist  Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassedand it add 8 nodes with 93 confirmations

after download blockchain again all coins gone Huh Huh Huh
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
brokedummy
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 07:28:54 PM

I'm getting the same error: "Displayed transactions may not be correct! You may need to upgrade, or other nodes may need to upgrade."

Lost half a day of mining on 15 MH/s yesterday - seems like it went down around 7:30AM EST

I just tried sending .01 CGA to my Poloniex account to see if it confirms, we'll see

heres my yesterday transation, check tx id on blockexplorer....it doesnt exist  Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassedand it add 8 nodes with 93 confirmations

Yeah, sounds like your coins were mined on a forked chain somehow. I was mining p2pool yesterday and I didn't have any issues, coins were on the same chain as poloniex. When were you mining?
wolfey2014

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2014, 07:37:17 PM

Just tried to fire up my CGA wallet and got a pop up saying "Corrupted block database detected. Do you want to rebuild the block database now?
I of course am selecting Abort, until I know what's going on.
I don't want to be tricked into letting someone steal my coins.
Smart move? Well, it's at least a prudent move. I'll only lose a tiny bit of time this way Smiley
It's staying closed for now.

I Modify Miners Professionally! PM me for details!
soulistyce

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 07:53:00 PM

Yeah, sounds like your coins were mined on a forked chain somehow. I was mining p2pool yesterday and I didn't have any issues, coins were on the same chain as poloniex. When were you mining?
mined since near 1am GMT London Timezone to 13pm.....i remember well because i rented 2 rigs of 5.0mhz total for it....on p2p pool that is on CGA official webpage, the only coins that stayed were 0.32 almost nothing....lost some btc in this forked Embarrassed
brokedummy
Legendary

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 08:26:21 PM

mined since near 1am GMT London Timezone to 13pm.....i remember well because i rented 2 rigs of 5.0mhz total for it....on p2p pool that is on CGA official webpage, the only coins that stayed were 0.32 almost nothing....lost some btc in this forked Embarrassed

I mined there at 0x0a p2pool yesterday too and all was well. There must be a rational explanation. Did you double check the address you sent the coins to? Is the transaction still showing in your wallet? I'm not a crypto expert but something doesnt make sense here.
scottlilo

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 11:44:40 PM

Wow! Lots of users experiencing issues which are easy to fix..

Anyone having trouble syncing their wallet i recommend the following changes.

Within Cryptographicanomaly.conf

Copy + Paste the following statements which will connect you to bob noble's ( thedigitalmint ) nodes. These have yet to fail me. These problems appear to be coming strictly from the p2p pools, so by appending these connections to the config, you can more or less ignore any bad data since your block chain will be synced with the clean version. ( This is assuming Bobnoble's nodes are the healthy nodes, which in every case so far they have been )

THIS IS A TEMPORARY SOLUTION AS IT'S MY UNDERSTANDING A WALLET SHOULD NOT NEED CONNECTIONS TO FUNCTION, BUT RATHER RELY ON NODES

• connect=cga.thedigitalmint.net
  • connect=cga.thedigitalmint.org
  • connect=yacc.thedigitalmint.net

Also within the Cryptographic Anomaly folder you can do the following :

Close Your CGA Wallet

Warning : DO NOT DELETE WALLET.DAT

• DO NOT DELETE WALLET.DAT
  • Delete Blocks Folder
  • Delete Chainstate Folder
  • Delete Peers.dat

This will most likely fix all of the above issues, as it did for me. Once the network is more stable without the constant feed of bad data from out of sync p2pool nodes, we can remove the above connections to bob's node's and replace them with an addnode=

Let me know about any problems guys

Poloniex Moderator
soulistyce

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 07:41:23 AM

yes i double check the adress And after redownload the blockchain transation still shows but with 0 confirmation

I mined there at 0x0a p2pool yesterday too and all was well. There must be a rational explanation. Did you double check the address you sent the coins to? Is the transaction still showing in your wallet? I'm not a crypto expert but something doesnt make sense here.

yes i double check the adress And after delete everything exept wallet.dat, redownload blockchain transation still shows but with 0 confirmation and all coins gone
multi-pool.eu

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

http://www.multi-pool.eu

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2014, 04:25:05 PM

NEW POOL!
http://cga.multi-pool.eu/

DDOS protection and experience with a lot of other coins!
WORK
Come and mine with us!!!

http://cga.multi-pool.eu/

http://www.multi-pool.eu

If you need assistance please contact us by pm
brokedummy
Legendary

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 12:51:12 AM

yes i double check the adress And after redownload the blockchain transation still shows but with 0 confirmation

yes i double check the adress And after delete everything exept wallet.dat, redownload blockchain transation still shows but with 0 confirmation and all coins gone

There was a guy who had a similar problem earlier in this thread and I think he used -salvage wallet to get the coins back from the bad transaction. He got most of the coins back I think. Try it out. I never needed to do this before so I don't know how.
crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2014, 04:06:21 AM

I've re-downloaded the blockchain and added the suggested connect options in .conf and looks like my pools wallet it back in action. Confirmed the outstanding 4 blocks and sent payments.

Feel free to drop by again:

http://www.hasher.ca

Cheers!

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
polmax

Activity: 66

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 02:24:08 PM

to dev

from Chat Box on allcoin.com
multipo: @allcoin: news about CGA?
jamesfo: @multipo wallet can not sync well.
CoinLobster

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 10:44:53 PM

I had problems syncing wallet a few days ago, after resyncing blockchain its all up to date with my coins safe and sound Smiley
theseraphgabriel

Activity: 32

View Profile
May 14, 2014, 11:27:57 PM

Been mining this coin for about a week got up to about 20 coins and had a wallet.dat backup. Restarted this morning and something went wrong come home about 10 hours later and had the warning message about updating the nodes.

My wallet had about 360 coins in it and noticed that it was finding blocks about every minute like I was mining in a pool when I was solo mining. So I stopped it deleted everything except wallet.dat and CGA.conf synced wallet and low and behold have NOTHING. So I was like I have my backup copy and pasted that wallet.dat and did a -salvage (yes I did it with both wallet.dat's) after syncing still NOTHING so it also turns out that the wallet.dat backup of those 20 coins was useless too.

So this has been a complete waste of my time thanks a lot no wonder your coin has been removed from coinwarz and I don't blame them. Moving on to something else.
wolfey2014

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2014, 11:43:21 PM

I knew it!
CoinWarz took CGA down because the DEV changed it's name to CSC = CRYPTO SCAM COIN!
What a waste of hashes!

brokedummy
Legendary

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 02:26:34 PM

Don't worry guys, the dev is out of town for a few days. As long as all the pools and exchanges are on the same chain what more do you need to hear from him? Coinwarz seems to have taken us down rather than resync their wallet, but I'm sure we'll be added back if the community pulls together. Digitalmint is suspended so just mine on another pool. Always have failovers. Periodically check and make sure your miner and wallet are on the same chain as the pools especially if you are solomining. If you see way more CGA in your wallet than you should have, you need to delete your bad chain data and resync. The longer you wait the more lost hashing time you will have. CGA hasn't been the most noob friendly coin, but I haven't had much trouble keeping updated and on the official chain. We are expecting a new update to boost the block time to 60 seconds and hopefully resolve these forking and sync issues that keep coming up. Keep the faith. These low hash periods are the best time to mine, just make sure you are competing with the rest of the network and not off on your own chain.
wolfey2014

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2014, 02:36:39 PM

Don't worry guys, the dev is out of town for a few days. As long as all the pools and exchanges are on the same chain what more do you need to hear from him? Coinwarz seems to have taken us down rather than resync their wallet, but I'm sure we'll be added back if the community pulls together. Digitalmint is suspended so just mine on another pool. Always have failovers. Periodically check and make sure your miner and wallet are on the same chain as the pools especially if you are solomining. If you see way more CGA in your wallet than you should have, you need to delete your bad chain data and resync. The longer you wait the more lost hashing time you will have. CGA hasn't been the most noob friendly coin, but I haven't had much trouble keeping updated and on the official chain. We are expecting a new update to boost the block time to 60 seconds and hopefully resolve these forking and sync issues that keep coming up. Keep the faith. These low hash periods are the best time to mine, just make sure you are competing with the rest of the network and not off on your own chain.

Thanks for trying to fill in the vacuum with some data. People like to be kept informed and up to date on what's going on. If they don't get it....uff!

Newb question: "check and make sure your miner and wallet are on the same chain as the pools especially if you are solo mining."
How exactly do I do that? I'm still learning Wink
Also, I'm mining DOGE for fast exchangeable profit right now. Need to buy more hashing power. But I want to get back to mining new coins like NAUT pretty soon too. All the more reason to have more miners going. Wink
Thanks

Aubrey1232

Activity: 21

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 02:39:10 PM

This coin, feeling good, is the hope for something more practical, more quickly, more convenient and good, also the official good ah
brokedummy
Legendary

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 02:41:36 PM

Thanks for trying to fill in the vacuum with some data. People like to be kept informed and up to date on what's going on. If they don't get it....uff!

Newb question: "check and make sure your miner and wallet are on the same chain as the pools especially if you are solo mining."
Also, I'm mining DOGE for fast exchangeable profit right now. Need to buy more hashing power. But I want to get back to mining new coins like NAUT pretty soon too. All the more reason to have more miners going. Wink
Thanks

To definitvely check this, go to your wallet and go to the console and type getinfo, this will tell you the current block. Then type getblockhash for a recent block number. Then compare this hash to the block explorer. Usually though, just making sure the block height matches is enough.
wolfey2014

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2014, 03:54:26 PM

Thanks

To definitvely check this, go to your wallet and go to the console and type getinfo, this will tell you the current block. Then type getblockhash for a recent block number. Then compare this hash to the block explorer. Usually though, just making sure the block height matches is enough.

Okay.
Before I do that. when I start CGA, a popup shows "Corrupted block database detected - Do you want to rebuild the block database now?"
The only options are OK and Abort. Is this normal? Is it safe to select OK? I mean, last time I saw this I was suspicious of it having been corrupted in other ways like unleashing a virus in to my system or worse, stealing my coins.
Thank you!
Wolfey2014

dlx

Activity: 61

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 06:07:01 PM

The longer you wait the more lost hashing time you will have.

Exactly. Coinmine.pw is on the right wallet-program/block (correct one is v1.3.3.3 as suggested by dev MANY times before) and i mine very very well. I keep my CGA's here and don't deposit them at the moment, until all this mesh finish.

The dev should not put the new version on line and cause such a chaos...

: Rebuild your database means you have a wrong wallet-program (i think). Go back to the 1.3.3.3 and build it again from network.

We are on block 140643 now.
Pages: « 1 ... 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 [142] 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 »
  Print  

Jump to: