Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:04:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 280 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Eligius: 0% Fee BTC, 105% PPS NMC, No registration, CPPSRB  (Read 1061078 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
freebit13

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

I got Satoshi's avatar!

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 06:37:34 AM

Thanks for the update WK! Things are running smoothly as expected  Smiley

One thing: why is it that people don't understand that adding a default fee results in Eligius no longer being a 0% fee pool... is it short-sightedness or just plain ignorance?

Really guys, pointing fingers at everyone else's address with no idea whose behind it and whether they may have contributed in other ways is really childish and fills the pool thread with rubbish. How's about giving that "better than you" attitude a bit of a rest?

Well, speaking solely for myself here, I never intended to point fingers.

I am selfish and consider it a virtue. It is to my advantage for the operator of the pool to be financially invested in it's success. Which I think he is anyway, but primarily as a miner rather than an operator. He seems to feel otherwise, and I'm ok with that, but it's my personal opinion that I would be served best if it was his job, rather than his side job. So, it is to my selfish advantage for the pool to make a profit, and therefore I think that while it was a good introductory phase to be feeless, it's now more advantageous for all of us if it were operated for profit.

The above kind of reads like an indictment of Wizkid's performance to date, so to clarify, I think he's doing a great job with the time and resources he has. Imagine what he could do with more time and more resources?

I do think some people got a bit self righteous here, and they were probably more who you aimed that towards. But I figured I might as well put out my rationale.

Luke-jr has in fact already stated that prior to the voluntary fee system, some of the large miners were already directly supporting eligius to some extent. I thought I was almost from the beginning (I'm very much on the other end of the spectrum with my 80 GH/s rig), but WK had not yet implemented the feature. Either way, I think value for value is just and moral, so I contribute. If you, or others, feel differently, that's all well and good. I try to practice what I preach, or not preach it Smiley

Hope that makes sense.
Hey, don't want to start in spat here, I was just making the point that Eligius is 0% fee pool and advertised as such and adding a default minimum fee setting changes that... Luke & WK have made it clear that there are other ways in which miners have and can contribute, so I just think the finger pointing and stating "I've paid so you must" when it's voluntary is just a bit too much. I also didn't say that I don't agree with paying, I was just making the point that you can't force it and advertise 0% fee... that's just not the truth.... and that's just not bitcoin Wink

I'm pretty sure the bigger miners that don't pay fees contribute enough simply by pointing their hardware at Eligius which helps everyone, so looking at peoples donation percentage is a little narrow minded... that's all.

Decentralize EVERYTHING!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 07:14:30 AM

Thanks for the update WK! Things are running smoothly as expected  Smiley

One thing: why is it that people don't understand that adding a default fee results in Eligius no longer being a 0% fee pool... is it short-sightedness or just plain ignorance?

Really guys, pointing fingers at everyone else's address with no idea whose behind it and whether they may have contributed in other ways is really childish and fills the pool thread with rubbish. How's about giving that "better than you" attitude a bit of a rest?

Well, speaking solely for myself here, I never intended to point fingers.

I am selfish and consider it a virtue. It is to my advantage for the operator of the pool to be financially invested in it's success. Which I think he is anyway, but primarily as a miner rather than an operator. He seems to feel otherwise, and I'm ok with that, but it's my personal opinion that I would be served best if it was his job, rather than his side job. So, it is to my selfish advantage for the pool to make a profit, and therefore I think that while it was a good introductory phase to be feeless, it's now more advantageous for all of us if it were operated for profit.

The above kind of reads like an indictment of Wizkid's performance to date, so to clarify, I think he's doing a great job with the time and resources he has. Imagine what he could do with more time and more resources?

I do think some people got a bit self righteous here, and they were probably more who you aimed that towards. But I figured I might as well put out my rationale.

Luke-jr has in fact already stated that prior to the voluntary fee system, some of the large miners were already directly supporting eligius to some extent. I thought I was almost from the beginning (I'm very much on the other end of the spectrum with my 80 GH/s rig), but WK had not yet implemented the feature. Either way, I think value for value is just and moral, so I contribute. If you, or others, feel differently, that's all well and good. I try to practice what I preach, or not preach it Smiley

Hope that makes sense.
Hey, don't want to start in spat here, I was just making the point that Eligius is 0% fee pool and advertised as such and adding a default minimum fee setting changes that... Luke & WK have made it clear that there are other ways in which miners have and can contribute, so I just think the finger pointing and stating "I've paid so you must" when it's voluntary is just a bit too much. I also didn't say that I don't agree with paying, I was just making the point that you can't force it and advertise 0% fee... that's just not the truth.... and that's just not bitcoin Wink

I'm pretty sure the bigger miners that don't pay fees contribute enough simply by pointing their hardware at Eligius which helps everyone, so looking at peoples donation percentage is a little narrow minded... that's all.

No worries, mate. I didn't take it as an invitation to a fight Smiley Just putting my view out there. FWIW, I agree with yours as well. It's a tough call, and the one I would make is not the one they made. Doesn't make either of us wrong, and I'm not in charge.

Overall, I think it's the best pool out there. Granted, I've not been long in the game. But Eligius shines over the ones I've used or tried to use. The only other one I really like is Bitparking. Eligius is better.
smithytzu

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2014, 07:28:35 AM

I like to live off the basic principal that you look after those that look after you, Wizkid, is looking after us and doing the right thing by us, again, I'll say I'd be more than happy to have a compulsory 1% donation.

However, if he's happy with the current situation, then so be it.

BTCCard.com.au - The EFTPOS Bitcoin card for Australia and beyond.  Sell some of your BTC for an EFTPOS Card today!
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4102
Merit: 1632

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2014, 08:00:29 AM

(No, I don't have a problem with him. I wasn't here for the rivalries that seemed to have colored the interaction of him and CKolivas and a few others. Probably wouldn't have been involved any way).
For what it's worth, I've always gotten on quite well with wizkid, and we've occasionally debugged stuff together.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 08:51:15 AM

(No, I don't have a problem with him. I wasn't here for the rivalries that seemed to have colored the interaction of him and CKolivas and a few others. Probably wouldn't have been involved any way).
For what it's worth, I've always gotten on quite well with wizkid, and we've occasionally debugged stuff together.

Good to know. Like I said, I wasn't there, don't know what it was about. I like all of ya Smiley
raskul

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 09:04:07 AM

Good to know. Like I said, I wasn't there, don't know what it was about. I like all of ya Smiley

I think that it should be compulsory, for every level up of difficulty, there should be group hugs.

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
southerngentuk

Activity: 1316
Merit: 252

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 09:06:32 AM

OK! So, as of now, Bitcoin payouts are all caught up and Namecoin payouts are all caught up.  Stats are caught up, CPPSRB is caught up.

All is well in the world of Eligius.

Resume normal operations! Cheesy

-wk

Looks like its just me  Roll Eyes Is there something I can do to correct it..

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
malamashka

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 09:34:17 AM

OK! So, as of now, Bitcoin payouts are all caught up and Namecoin payouts are all caught up.  Stats are caught up, CPPSRB is caught up.

-wk

http://s29.postimg.org/jf093ix53/Captureelig.jpg

i can see only 128/256 - others are zero, graph are zero ...
brox

Activity: 71

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 09:43:41 AM

everyone should donate something but i prefer the way that everyone can choose on its own how much he will donate. you should not forget that the 0% FEE is one of the biggest motivations to join this pool.

"donate" and "should" in one sentence is nonsense

Save dolphins! Donate to 1BTC4brox2pd14QubXGsXwarp9zV9tc8CZ
Mine Bitcoins in the cloud at cex.io
cyberspaced

Activity: 74

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 10:03:29 AM

Is the pool down?

Edit: Miners reported "dead pool" but back now! (o:
southerngentuk

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 10:13:56 AM

-wk

i can see only 128/256 - others are zero, graph are zero ...

For clarity, all but 128/256 are frozen.

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
spooderman
Legendary

Activity: 1638

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2014, 10:48:10 AM

OK! So, as of now, Bitcoin payouts are all caught up and Namecoin payouts are all caught up.  Stats are caught up, CPPSRB is caught up.

-wk

was nice while it lasted Smiley

Society doesn't scale.
Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 10:53:22 AM

OK! So, as of now, Bitcoin payouts are all caught up and Namecoin payouts are all caught up.  Stats are caught up, CPPSRB is caught up.

-wk

was nice while it lasted Smiley

Huh?

What y'all on about? It's working perfectly for me. Just got a payout.
wizkid057 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1223
Merit: 1006

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 11:34:47 AM

Hmm... looks like some cron jobs for the stats got hung up.  I've kicked them.  Database is up to date so the stats should catch up in no time.

-wk

Tips: 1LDQrLr6dPVqNJmpZm82eZVKqDFRk7ERW8
Operator of the Eligius Mining Pool - 0% Fee, SAPPLNS, GBT, Stratum, IRC+Phone Support, Share Market (coming soon), Generation payouts, and more.
Don't feed the trolls. Science Confirms: Internet Trolls Really Are Narcissistic, Psychopathic, and Sadistic (1)
southerngentuk

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 12:20:59 PM
Last edit: February 17, 2014, 12:42:26 PM by southerngentuk

Hmm... looks like some cron jobs for the stats got hung up.  I've kicked them.  Database is up to date so the stats should catch up in no time.

-wk
Not there yet, but we appreciate your hard work.

Patience is a virtue, seldom held by bitcoiner's.  Grin

Edit : fixed now  Grin why does this always happen when i add to my rig ?  Roll Eyes

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
Cheeseater

Activity: 351
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 02:04:46 PM

Well, this has been quite the discussion. I stated my opinion based on some of the comments as to the state of some of the equipment being old and in need of replacement, not to point fingers although it probably came across that way. Wizkid has made his position clear and I respect it 100%. I'm sure he has a business plan and is sticking to it.
Also thanks to all that contributed to the newly named "Wizkid tip jar" really liked that. Thanks for all you and luke do for the community. And I also want to thank all the members who have helped me through hardware issues, this truly is a great community. And I was very happy this discussion didn't turn ugly. Happy mining Grin 
usascholar

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 08:08:37 PM

Hi guys... total newbie here for Eligius.

Is the "Estimated Earnings" not working well right now?

A
baddw

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 12:55:51 AM

Hi guys... total newbie here for Eligius.

Is the "Estimated Earnings" not working well right now?

A

Seems fine to me, what is it showing that you think is wrong?

BTC/XCP 11596GYYq5WzVHoHTmYZg4RufxxzAGEGBX
DRK XvFhRFQwvBAmFkaii6Kafmu6oXrH4dSkVF
Eligius Payouts/CPPSRB Explained  I am not associated with Eligius in any way.  I just think that it is a good pool with a cool payment system Smiley
alexrossi
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 1739

Join the world-leading crypto sportsbook NOW!

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 04:07:12 PM

Hi wizkid, just want to say that eligius is my favorite pool atm

Keep doing the good work!  Wink

▄▄███████▄███████▄▄▄
 █████████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄
███████████████
       ▀▀███▄
███████████████
          ▀███
 █████████████
             ███
███████████▀▀               ███
███                         ███
███                         ███
 ███                       ███
  ███▄                   ▄███
   ▀███▄▄             ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀▀
         ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
░░░████▄▄▄▄
░▄▄░
▄▄███████▄▀█████▄▄
██▄████▌▐█▌█████▄██
████▀▄▄▄▌███░▄▄▄▀████
██████▄▄▄█▄▄▄██████
█░███████░▐█▌░███████░█
▀▀██▀░██░▐█▌░██░▀██▀▀
▄▄▄░█▀░█░██░▐█▌░██░█░▀█░▄▄▄
██▀░░░░▀██░▐█▌░██▀░░░░▀██
▀██
█████▄███▀▀██▀▀███▄███████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
▄▄██████▄▄
▀█▀
█  █▀█▀
  ▄█  ██  █▄  ▄
█ ▄█ █▀█▄▄█▀█ █▄ █
▀▄█ █ ███▄▄▄▄███ █ █▄▀
▀▀ █    ▄▄▄▄    █ ▀▀
   ██████   █
█     ▀▀     █
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
▄ ██████▀▀██████ ▄
▄████████ ██ ████████▄
▀▀███████▄▄███████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
█████████████LEADING CRYPTO SPORTSBOOK & CASINO█████████████
MULTI
CURRENCY
1500+
CASINO GAMES
CRYPTO EXCLUSIVE
CLUBHOUSE
FAST & SECURE
PAYMENTS
..PLAY NOW!..
CeeCee

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 19, 2014, 10:05:42 PM

5500TH/s <3 2nd place! https://blockchain.info/pools?timespan=24hrs
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 280 »
  Print  

Jump to: