Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 02:40:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 [125] 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 ... 280 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Eligius: 0% Fee BTC, 105% PPS NMC, No registration, CPPSRB  (Read 1061082 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
railzand

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

Lux e tenebris

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 07:10:24 AM

So now, are we not going to ask the question... who are these bandits? They have developed their own ASICs, customized CGMiner and have a massive mining operation.

Are we not worried that they have released their malfunctioning crap to the public? How could they resist selling chips and generating extra revenue?

I think we can safely assume these are chinese-made. Could it be Avalon, BitMine A1, ASICMiner or some lesser known company?

Possibly the 'lesser known' bandit. Quoting his first post for posterity:

‘Smart’ bitcoin machine equipped with 40nm IC chip and was developed at the beginning of March this year; the production is scheduled by the end of October this year and each unit has speed about 200GH / s.
Chinese R & D team consists of engineers in Silicon Valley.
The first batch on pre-sale with the amount of only 0.06BTC/GH, the real lucrative price for the breakeven, and the delivery scheduled to be delivered at the end of October
If any delay happens, the user can choose to return all BTC or continue to wait.

‘Smart’ mining machine transactions platform www.kuangjibi.com powered by BtcTrade.com sale transaction engine, and btctrade provide technical support and supervision of funds and refund guarantee.

Guarantee:
1, No reason to refund if project delayed.
2, pre-sale with Escrow

and here is his site from back then:

I guess he must be known in the Chinese community

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
taipo

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Kia ora!

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2014, 07:41:30 AM

Domain Name: KUANGJIBI.COM
Registry Domain ID: 1819941313_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.godaddy.com
Registrar URL: http://www.godaddy.com
Update Date: 2013-08-05 12:36:29
Creation Date: 2013-08-05 12:36:29
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2014-08-05 12:36:29
Registrar: GoDaddy.com, LLC
Registrar IANA ID: 146
Registrar Abuse Contact Email: abuse@godaddy.com
Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: +1.480-624-2505
Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited
Domain Status: clientUpdateProhibited
Domain Status: clientRenewProhibited
Domain Status: clientDeleteProhibited
Registry Registrant ID:
Registrant Name: Shousong Zhang
Registrant Organization:
Registrant Street: BinJiang WangShangLu Alibaba.Inc
Registrant City: HangZhou
Registrant State/Province: Zhejiang
Registrant Postal Code: 310052
Registrant Country: China
Registrant Phone: 15968887911
Registrant Phone Ext:
Registrant Fax:
Registrant Fax Ext:
Registrant Email: 52013807@qq.com
Registry Admin ID:
Admin Name: Shousong Zhang
Admin Organization:
Admin Street: BinJiang WangShangLu Alibaba.Inc
Admin City: HangZhou
Admin State/Province: Zhejiang
Admin Postal Code: 310052
Admin Country: China
Admin Phone: 15968887911
Admin Phone Ext:
Admin Fax:
Admin Fax Ext:
Admin Email: 52013807@qq.com
Registry Tech ID:
Tech Name: Shousong Zhang
Tech Organization:
Tech Street: BinJiang WangShangLu Alibaba.Inc
Tech City: HangZhou
Tech State/Province: Zhejiang
Tech Postal Code: 310052
Tech Country: China
Tech Phone: 15968887911
Tech Phone Ext:
Tech Fax:
Tech Fax Ext:
Tech Email: 52013807@qq.com
Name Server: F1G1NS1.DNSPOD.NET
Name Server: F1G1NS2.DNSPOD.NET
DNSSEC: unsigned
URL of the ICANN WHOIS Data Problem Reporting System: http://wdprs.internic.net/
Last update of WHOIS database: 2014-6-14T7:00:00Z

Support the two platforms essential to protecting the identities of whistleblowers. Both accept bitcoin donations.
https://globaleaks.org - GlobalLeaks ( btc: see http://goo.gl/D5wM0L )
http://goo.gl/sZg2RN  - SecureDrop: whistleblower submission system
xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 07:53:40 AM

So now, are we not going to ask the question... who are these bandits? They have developed their own ASICs, customized CGMiner and have a massive mining operation.

Are we not worried that they have released their malfunctioning crap to the public? How could they resist selling chips and generating extra revenue?

I think we can safely assume these are chinese-made. Could it be Avalon, BitMine A1, ASICMiner or some lesser known company?

‘Smart’ bitcoin machine equipped with 40nm IC chip and was developed at the beginning of March this year; the production is scheduled by the end of October this year and each unit has speed about 200GH / s.
The first batch on pre-sale with the amount of only 0.06BTC/GH, the real lucrative price for the breakeven, and the delivery scheduled to be delivered at the end of October
If any delay happens, the user can choose to return all BTC or continue to wait.

‘Smart’ mining machine transactions platform www.kuangjibi.com powered by BtcTrade.com sale transaction engine, and btctrade provide technical support and supervision of funds and refund guarantee.

Guarantee:
2, pre-sale with Escrow

Good work! I haven't even heard of them until now. I can't believe I missed this last year. So apparently they never actually shipped anything under the name SmartMiner?
railzand

Lux e tenebris

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 08:45:50 AM

-snip- apologies for large pictures

Good work! I haven't even heard of them until now. I can't believe I missed this last year. So apparently they never actually shipped anything under the name SmartMiner?

Thanks. It seems they didn't exactly take off on bitcointalk or anywhere anglophone, but they reportedly attended that meeting of large-scale Chinese hashers and traders last month:

http://www.coinsetter.com/bitcoin-news/2014/05/29/private-event-united-major-players-in-chinese-bitcoin-mining-industry/

----

As far as I’m concerned, the attacker owes Eligius miners all of the BTC they obtained falsely during their withholding attack, a total of 429.19371155 BTC (not including the ~200 BTC they are demanding).

Plus one.

nreal

Activity: 932

arcs-chain.com

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 09:28:56 AM

If you ask me, this thing not submitting blocks might have something to do with overclocked miners.... Its a huge problem....

► ARCS ◄ ♦ ARCS - The New World Token (*Listed on KuCoin) ♦ ► ARCS ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Whitepaper
xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 09:39:58 AM

If you ask me, this thing not submitting blocks might have something to do with overclocked miners.... Its a huge problem....

Pardon me if I'm wrong, but hardware errors are subtracted from the valid shares already. So pools are only paying for valid shares under most circumstances.
nreal

Activity: 932

arcs-chain.com

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 09:46:01 AM

Pardon me if I'm wrong, but hardware errors are subtracted from the valid shares already. So pools are only paying for valid shares under most circumstances.

Im not talkin about hardware errors, try to calculate how many over 2mbit shares you get with ant s1 overclocked to 200gh vs standard 180gh, lets say in 10 days... Melting brains is newer good for anyones health, not with alcohol or sun(heat)

► ARCS ◄ ♦ ARCS - The New World Token (*Listed on KuCoin) ♦ ► ARCS ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Whitepaper
Bitskint

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 09:57:39 AM

So I take it the extremely run of bad luck over the last day or so is revenge from the
block with-holder ?

Or is there something going on in the background that we mere mortals do not know about.

1M68XehjYww77DLgwW9rk2zRid8Z8B7uw7 <-- my new BTC addy since Cryptsy took everything
S4VV4S

Activity: 1582
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 10:14:02 AM

I'd like to see the BTC 200 from Eligius and 300 from Blockwitholder put in escrow and a trusted 3rd party audit carried out.

I'd rather this was done than some witch hunt / trial by media.

Agreed! I was just about to move my TH's to Eligius, but seeing this information has me a bit worried about doing so.
I was afraid some folks with large hashing power would think so...
but the point to remember is that if you're not trying to do anything evil, you have nothing to worry about... especially if you begin solving blocks as expected etc... so the short comment is that go ahead please, add to the pool.

Large hashing power will always be very carefully on selecting pools.
The eligius pool is now a "clean" one with a "potential" tiny black corner, and others 3 big is totally clean like the sky until now.
If you own 1000+T, which one will you choose?

What does Bruce mean by that?
Luke-Jr
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 10:23:26 AM

The eligius pool is now a "clean" one with a "potential" tiny black corner, and others 3 big is totally clean like the sky until now.
He's trolling.
Basically saying when someone with 1Ph/s is looking for a pool, they will skip Eligius because of his slander.
Too bad for him, Eligius is a no-fee pool, and the pool operator couldn't care less if people go elsewhere...
(or at least that was my attitude when people tried crap like that)

S4VV4S

Activity: 1582
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 11:18:25 AM

He's trolling.
Basically saying when someone with 1Ph/s is looking for a pool, they will skip Eligius because of his slander.
Too bad for him, Eligius is a no-fee pool, and the pool operator couldn't care less if people go elsewhere...
(or at least that was my attitude when people tried crap like that)

Got it, thanks!

I still don't get why would one with so much hashing power not use to to make more coins instead of trying to crash a pool.

Obviously there can only be 2 reasons:

A) They have no clue on how to program their miners
B) They have something to gain by crashing one (or more) pools.

I do not know which one it is but the fact that they had attended the Chinese meeting makes one wonder what was discussed at the meeting....
equipoise

Activity: 794
Merit: 1000

Monero (XMR) - secure, private, untraceable

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2014, 01:13:13 PM

Guarantee:
2, pre-sale with Escrow

I was following their progress on this miner for some time back in August/September 2013. They issued pre-order tradable shares for their first 1000 miners. Once they missed the deadlines (as many in this industry) they bought back the shares at the same BTC price they originally sold them (as per the agreement on their site - something, which many other in this industry didn't done). I thought about buying one of their devices and chat with some of their supports in a QQ chat group using the QQ translator (the same support group as this exchange: http://www.btctrade.com/). The supports were cooperative and they told me they won't ship outside of china, because the shipment is very expensive compared to the miner price and it may not ROI. I think they were honest back then and if those are the same guys the withholding happen by mistake, but facts are facts - they did not contributed to the pool.

About me | zRMicroArray - phase 2 - Gene Expression Analysis software | [Weed Like to Talk - Bulgaria] Start a wave of cannabis seminars in Europe | Monero weighted average price stats: moneroprice.i2p
BTC: 1KoCX7TWKVGwqmmFw3CKyUSrKRSStueZar | NMC: NKhYEYpe1Le9MwHrwKsdSm5617J4toVar9 | XMR (Tip me a beer OpenAlias Monero address): tip.changetheworldwork.com
[XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency: 4AyRmUcxzefB5quumzK3HNE4zmCiGc8vhG6fE1oJpGVyVZF7fvDgSpt3MzgLfQ6Q1719xQhmfkM9Z2u NXgDMqYhjJVmc6KX
Legov

Activity: 244

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 02:28:18 PM

Withholding by mistake?

This is the best explanation I could find so far in this thread:
Seems like mining hardware manufacturers would benefit.  They could test their hardware and get paid for it without increasing the difficulty and driving down the price of the hardware.

“It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and money system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning.” Henry Ford, founder of the Ford Motor Company.
webbrowser

Activity: 215

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 02:35:30 PM

So it seems that the smart-miner group
developed their own ASICs, customized CGMiner and have a massive mining operation.

I don't do any mining, so some of these questions may be nonsense.

1. Based on what we know, the ASICs operate correctly right?  After all, you don't turnaround problems with the ASICs in a deployed mining farm within a week.

2. Is it plausible that a CGMiner that has been customized to work with their smart-miner would correctly submit low difficulty shares yet fail to submit solutions?  Not sure how miner s/w and h/w typically work, but in my naive view, it seems unlikely that the portion of the code that deals with distinguishing a solution and submitting it would actually need to be customised?

3. Xie insinuated that Eligius could have deleted / effaced their solutions from the block list, but did not outright claim that this was done.  Surely the default mining software would have logged whenever a solution was found and submitted... so he should know right?  (Unless these logs were lost due to their frequent re-imaging of the miner platform or something)
jcumins

Activity: 312

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 03:33:54 PM

I am surly wondering of this issue with some one with holding blocks is continuing on eligius, then that would make since due to the luck factor on the last 10-15 blocks. 

It is costing over 5000 different people allot of $$$$.

I am sure wk is looking into it.

Does anyone have any other ideas about this.

Cry

sly5am

Activity: 582
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 04:07:38 PM

Damn , withholding blocks exploit seems to be a huge inconvenience and hassle to correctly control. Hope WK and friends can remove this annoyance.

Forgot to mention, as what is appearing to be a large spike in hashrate on eligius of some 2 petahash, with the start of some long blocks.. bad luck or withholding..  Huh

PlanetCrypto

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 04:09:35 PM

Of other interest:
http://hackingdistributed.com/2014/06/13/time-for-a-hard-bitcoin-fork/

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
jcumins

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 04:13:18 PM

Me too.

I own a ISP as part of my company and have seen allot of malicious behavior in the past, but this is over the top.  If it was me I would block the IP block of the person in china that is doing this crap.  Heck block all IP blocks from china if one has to.  Very easy to do.  I am sure WK is extremely busy dealing with this.

PlanetCrypto

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 05:58:33 PM

Forgot to mention, as what is appearing to be a large spike in hashrate on eligius of some 2 petahash, with the start of some long blocks.. bad luck or withholding..  Huh

Might be some folks leaving Ghash to prevent them from being a 51%'er.
http://hackingdistributed.com/2014/06/13/time-for-a-hard-bitcoin-fork/

and yes round sucks right now. but that'll change.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
jcumins

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 06:01:54 PM

Yes the rounds really do.   I bet WK is not getting much sleep about right now that's for sure.

Pages: « 1 ... 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 [125] 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 ... 280 »
  Print  

Jump to: