Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:06:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 [208] 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 ... 306 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][AUTO-SWITCH] Profit-switch auto-exchange pool: CleverMining.com  (Read 554361 times)
trc

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2014, 11:25:10 AM

Is there any way of seeing the profitability in a more frequent fashion? http://clevermining.com/profits/24-hours updates once an hour on 18th-19th minute. I'd like to be able see that info updated in 5-10 minute intervals somehow. API?

No, because variance would make those stats fluctuate all over the map, thus making them pointless.
With per 5 minute statistics you would see periods of 0% profit with peaks of 3000% profit.

Hell, the hourly stats are already pretty useless.

You're correct but you can at least see where you are closer to, sooner. 0.00150 BTC/day per MH/s or 0.00750 for that half-an-hour period. I made some profits by knowing where I'm closer to. It's not exact figures for sure but helps reduce risk of investment, so to speak.

>> nope
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ghur

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 11:27:37 AM

Is there any way of seeing the profitability in a more frequent fashion? http://clevermining.com/profits/24-hours updates once an hour on 18th-19th minute. I'd like to be able see that info updated in 5-10 minute intervals somehow. API?

No, because variance would make those stats fluctuate all over the map, thus making them pointless.
With per 5 minute statistics you would see periods of 0% profit with peaks of 3000% profit.

Hell, the hourly stats are already pretty useless.

You're correct but you can at least see where you are closer to, sooner. 0.00150 BTC/day per MH/s or 0.00750 for that half-an-hour period. I made some profits by knowing where I'm closer to. It's not exact figures for sure but helps reduce risk of investment, so to speak.

It won't. The short term stats in no way can be used to infer anything about future performance.
That's why the hourly stats are already all over the place and to be honest aren't even close to a useful metric.

doge: D8q8dR6tEAcaJ7U65jP6AAkiiL2CFJaHah
Automated faucet, pays daily: Qoinpro
datoxxl

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 06:08:56 PM

I'am mining with cudaminer (~137 kh/s), too many "stratum detected new block" messages and 3 accepted shares for 15 minutes... Any recommendations?
byt411

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 07:16:52 PM

I'am mining with cudaminer (~137 kh/s), too many "stratum detected new block" messages and 3 accepted shares for 15 minutes... Any recommendations?

No, not really, 3 accepted shares is about average on 512 share difficulty. There's no such thing as too many "stratum detected new block" messages, by the way.
datoxxl

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 09:11:41 PM

No, not really, 3 accepted shares is about average on 512 share difficulty. There's no such thing as too many "stratum detected new block" messages, by the way.
Ok, didn't know the difficulty was that high.

What do you mean by 'There's no such thing as too many "stratum detected new block" messages'?
Here is a pic:
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y190/Datox/clever_mining.png
byt411

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 09:13:25 PM

Ok, didn't know the difficulty was that high.

What do you mean by 'There's no such thing as too many "stratum detected new block" messages'?

Some coins are very fast, and there are new blocks like every minute.
CleverMining is a coin-switching pool, so every time it switches a coin, a "new block" will also occur.
datoxxl

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 09:26:42 PM

CleverMining is a coin-switching pool, so every time it switches a coin, a "new block" will also occur.
Ok, thank you.

I am browsing the site and can not find any information about what type of coins are being mined and blocks processed...
GolfCabalist

Activity: 36

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 09:36:47 PM

What's so clever about CleverMining is largely Terk.
The pool does not publish which coins are being mined because...well, I think it's the fact that Terk considers that info to be hard-earned work product, and to publish it would be to give away free to other pools what Terk has...you know, spent hours to figure out.  Or maybe he doesnt like being second-guessed...

But there are lots of clever miners here, too, and some of them have posted about how to figure out, from reading the display of your miner software, what coin is likely being mined at a given moment.  I think it has to do with looking at "difficulty", then finding a site that lists the profitability of all coins, sort the list by difficulty, then seeing if you can match the difficulty of a specific coin to the difficulty we are presently mining at.

Ok, thank you.

I am browsing the site and can not find any information about what type of coins are being mined and blocks processed...
byt411

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 09:40:01 PM

The pool does not publish which coins are being mined because...well, I think it's the fact that Terk considers that info to be hard-earned work product, and to publish it would be to give away free to other pools what Terk has...you know, spent hours to figure out.  Or maybe he doesnt like being second-guessed...

But there are lots of clever miners here, too, and some of them have posted about how to figure out, from reading the display of your miner software, what coin is likely being mined at a given moment.  I think it has to do with looking at "difficulty", then finding a site that lists the profitability of all coins, sort the list by difficulty, then seeing if you can match the difficulty of a specific coin to the difficulty we are presently mining at.

Ok, thank you.

I seriously don't care what coin we are mining, what I care about is that I'm making the most out of my hashpower.
datoxxl

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 09:44:39 PM
Last edit: May 12, 2014, 10:00:07 PM by datoxxl

The pool does not publish which coins are being mined because...well, I think it's the fact that Terk considers that info to be hard-earned work product, and to publish it would be to give away free to other pools what Terk has...you know, spent hours to figure out.  Or maybe he doesnt like being second-guessed...

But there are lots of clever miners here, too, and some of them have posted about how to figure out, from reading the display of your miner software, what coin is likely being mined at a given moment.  I think it has to do with looking at "difficulty", then finding a site that lists the profitability of all coins, sort the list by difficulty, then seeing if you can match the difficulty of a specific coin to the difficulty we are presently mining at.
Ok, everything's clear.

P.S. As I see cudaminer software doesn't provide information about the difficulty...

I seriously don't care what coin we are mining, what I care about is that I'm making the most out of my hashpower.
For me, just curiosity... Smiley
edonkey
Legendary

Activity: 1150
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 12:40:23 AM
Last edit: May 13, 2014, 01:01:15 AM by edonkey

I've mined mostly on CleverMining and WafflePool. I'm back on CleverMining because WafflePool has had profitability problems recently.

Usually CM and WP are pretty close in profitability, according to suchmoon's awesome charts. So I expect that WP's slump will be over at some point.

For now I will stay on CM because multi-pools are all about averages and it doesn't pay to pool hop too much. But at some point when the profitability argument is gone, I will likely return to WP.

Why? Because I prefer some of the service features that WP offers. Here's a summary of what I like:

• Individual workers for the same BTC address - I really like being able to easily see the poolside hash rate of individual rigs without having to deal with multiple addresses. Of all the pools I've mined, CM is the only one that doesn't have this feature.
  • Lots of statistics - I like being able to see the recent work shifts, earnings log, and coin balances. It gives me a sense of momentum that you don't get from CW's arguably prettier, but more static site.
  • API - There are several WP applications out there that do a really nice job of providing statistics, graphs, etc. Some are web apps, and some are mobile apps. A clean API enables this kind of development by third parties. That in turn increases the value of the service.
  • Better visibility - I get the argument that Terk needs to keep wraps on what coin is being mined. But with CM there is no visibility at all into what's going on. WP does a much better job there, although it does sometimes have "hidden" coins (as during the whitecoin pump and dump). And usually, recent slump aside, WP competes nicely with CM profitability wise, so increased visibility doesn't seem to be hurting WP.

I'm know that none of the above feature requests are new. I just want to add my voice to what I'd like to see.

While I hope that CM maintains high profitability, and that's the biggest "feature" there is, my guess is that that won't always be the case. Profitability ebbs and flows, and the "whale" splashes between the pools.

What I would like to see is CM be more competitive from a feature perspective other than just profitability. That way when profitability equals out again (and it will), I'll have fewer reasons to go back to WP.

Just to be clear, I'm not posting this to make people defensive or start a thread war. I'm just indicating features do matter to some of us. And when profitability is a wash, features win.

Was I helpful?   BTC: 3G1Ubof5u8K9iJkM8We2f3amYZgGVdvpHr
UniMatrixZ

Activity: 135

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 05:32:19 AM

Just moved my rigs to CM yesterday, so far everything works great.
Keep up the good work!!!
pekv2

Activity: 770
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 05:38:48 PM

@mchron, look at the below definition quoted earlier in this thread regarding the "Rejected untracked stratum share" error, perhaps this could help.

@Terk I get very frequently a message from cgminer that says "Rejected untracked stratum share from pool 0"
Is this normal? I tried to lower the intensity as recommended on various posts but it does not solve.

When cgminer sends shares via stratum, it does not send the share and then wait for the response as this might slow down the sending of other shares. This means that the response back from the pool is processed separately from the share submission (to make the most of a truly multithreaded environment). However there is never a guarantee that the responses come back in the same order you send them. So cgminer stores a copy of each share as it sends it to the server in its own local database of submitted shares. When it gets a response back about that share from the pool, it deletes the copy of that share. Now stratum is meant to be an uninterrupted connection to the pool, and if you lose that connection, it is assumed that your "session" is no longer valid. So if you send some shares and get disconnected before you get a response, cgminer has to assume that those shares have been lost - otherwise it may end up keeping copies of heaps of shares that it will never get a response to and wastes memory. If you manage to reconnect, sometimes the pool will actually tell you "oh by the way those shares are ok" - however cgminer has now thrown out the record of what those shares were and can only say that the pool said a share was accepted or rejected. Then cgminer just says it's an "untracked share"." (c) ckolivas

i think owner should establish extra europe server to load balance!

+1

I am receiving this on my gridseed. I switch to coinshift pool, and don't get these Rejected untracked stratum share

Also I don't believe the pool is detecting my shares from my gridseed but coinshift does.

My gfx card and cpu miner on cleverming does not receive these Rejected untracked stratum share
byt411

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 05:40:28 PM

@mchron, look at the below definition quoted earlier in this thread regarding the "Rejected untracked stratum share" error, perhaps this could help.

@Terk I get very frequently a message from cgminer that says "Rejected untracked stratum share from pool 0"
Is this normal? I tried to lower the intensity as recommended on various posts but it does not solve.

When cgminer sends shares via stratum, it does not send the share and then wait for the response as this might slow down the sending of other shares. This means that the response back from the pool is processed separately from the share submission (to make the most of a truly multithreaded environment). However there is never a guarantee that the responses come back in the same order you send them. So cgminer stores a copy of each share as it sends it to the server in its own local database of submitted shares. When it gets a response back about that share from the pool, it deletes the copy of that share. Now stratum is meant to be an uninterrupted connection to the pool, and if you lose that connection, it is assumed that your "session" is no longer valid. So if you send some shares and get disconnected before you get a response, cgminer has to assume that those shares have been lost - otherwise it may end up keeping copies of heaps of shares that it will never get a response to and wastes memory. If you manage to reconnect, sometimes the pool will actually tell you "oh by the way those shares are ok" - however cgminer has now thrown out the record of what those shares were and can only say that the pool said a share was accepted or rejected. Then cgminer just says it's an "untracked share"." (c) ckolivas

+1

I am receiving this on my gridseed. I switch to coinshift pool, and don't get these Rejected untracked stratum share

Also I don't believe the pool is detecting my shares from my gridseed but coinshift does.

"Rejected untracked stratum share" does nothing and makes no difference.
Why don't you think that the pool doesn't detect shares? You know stats update up to every hour?
pekv2

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 05:44:11 PM

+1

Why don't you think that the pool doesn't detect shares? You know stats update up to every hour?

Because I am hashing at 1107 and the pool is showing 969 for the last 6 hours.

http://www.clevermining.com/users/12NcNYb2oEh6ANo95AakEjPqQdgbcxh4m9
pekv2

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 05:45:39 PM

Yesterday it was showing 1.1mh/s
byt411

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 05:46:33 PM

+1

Accepted: 969.4kh/s + Rejected: 37.3kh/s = 1006.7kh/s.

That is about correct, pools can't track stats that accurately since it's based on shares.
pekv2

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 05:50:13 PM

+1

That is about correct, pools can't track stats that accurately since it's based on shares.

k i'll switch back. and rejected are paid for from what I read correct?
byt411

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 05:52:35 PM

+1

k i'll switch back. and rejected are paid for from what I read correct?

Rejected is not paid for, but Stale shares are.
pekv2

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 05:53:21 PM

Is this a normal reject? Rejected: 37.3kh/s
Pages: « 1 ... 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 [208] 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 ... 306 »
  Print  

Jump to: