Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:23:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 [207] 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 ... 306 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][AUTO-SWITCH] Profit-switch auto-exchange pool: CleverMining.com  (Read 554361 times)
byt411

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 02:34:32 PM

Hi Terk,

I've got a bit of a problem.

Whenever I stop mining at your pool the un-exchanged balance gets stuck, please bare in mind that I don't just switch pools, I sometimes turn off my rigs because the heat where I live gets too much for me, BUT the same thing happens every time I use clever mining and then take a break.

My guess is that you're not exchanging the balances from inactive miners?

No, of course not. Why would I do that?

Everyone's balances are exchanged in the same way, regardless of if you're actively mining or not.

We have some old unexchanged balances stuck which need to be dealt manually block by block (or a new script is needed to sort it out). You just don't notice that this small unexchanged balance is stuck if you're actively mining as the numbers are constantly changing. You only start noticing it when you stop mining.

Dealing with this is no. 2 on my todo list, so I'm going to look into it as soon as I finish what I'm working on now (so probably during the weekend or early next week).

Ok, that was about 2 Sunday payments ago Huh

My account/btc address is still showing the same thing !!!

It's looking to me, more and more, as if your system is ignoring accounts that are no longer mining with you Sad

My account unexchanged has been stuck, more than once, and it is only when I stop mining  Roll Eyes

Come on Terk, it's not the money, it's the principle Wink

I have seen many posts after my original one complaining about exactly the same thing, some have been waiting longer than me  Huh

Quote from: Terk

I don't know why, maybe it boosts yourincome a little/lot for every ex user Wink

I trust Terk. He wouldn't do that. As I say, it's due to manual exchange required coins.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Deja

Activity: 330
Merit: 250

Silverlink

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2014, 03:24:22 PM

Hi Terk,

I've got a bit of a problem.

Whenever I stop mining at your pool the un-exchanged balance gets stuck, please bare in mind that I don't just switch pools, I sometimes turn off my rigs because the heat where I live gets too much for me, BUT the same thing happens every time I use clever mining and then take a break.

My guess is that you're not exchanging the balances from inactive miners?

Everyone's balances are exchanged in the same way, regardless of if you're actively mining or not.

We have some old unexchanged balances stuck which need to be dealt manually block by block (or a new script is needed to sort it out). You just don't notice that this small unexchanged balance is stuck if you're actively mining as the numbers are constantly changing. You only start noticing it when you stop mining.

Dealing with this is no. 2 on my todo list, so I'm going to look into it as soon as I finish what I'm working on now (so probably during the weekend or early next week).

Ok, that was about 2 Sunday payments ago Huh

My account/btc address is still showing the same thing !!!

It's looking to me, more and more, as if your system is ignoring accounts that are no longer mining with you Sad

My account unexchanged has been stuck, more than once, and it is only when I stop mining  Roll Eyes

Come on Terk, it's not the money, it's the principle Wink

I have seen many posts after my original one complaining about exactly the same thing, some have been waiting longer than me  Huh

Quote from: Terk

I don't know why, maybe it boosts yourincome a little/lot for every ex user Wink

I trust Terk. He wouldn't do that. As I say, it's due to manual exchange required coins.

I want to trust him too.

The facts are in front of you (and me), two weeks ago it was number 2 on the list and being sorted on that weekend Huh

That is two(2) weekends ago Wink

GolfCabalist

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 03:33:51 PM

I have been mining with Gridseeds, run by PC, using bfgminer.
Now I am trying to learn to mine using Raspberry Pi.

I have tried the GAWminers img, and the Zoomhash img, and I have built several Raspbian Wheezy systems myself.  I have tried installing a python stratum proxy.  I have used cgminer and bfgminer.  I get the same results no matter what I do:

I connect to a pool, I get no Accepts.  (I have tried various pools, including this one, but I mainly use a different pool so I can watch my dashboard on it to see hashrate...)

I restart the miner, sometimes I get one (1) Accept, then no more.

One time, using cgminer, I got quite a few Accepts in a row.  In fact, I got 32 Accepts each time my work was accepted.  When the number of Accepts got to 1072, it stopped.  (I realize 1072 is not a multiple of 32, I'm just telling the truth...)

I am not looking for anybody to help me debug and such, I am just hoping that my situation rings a bell with you.

mstrongbow

Activity: 322

3D Printed!

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 04:47:43 PM

All this whining about un-exchanged balances...

Before complaining, whining, moaning, groaning etc. put yourself in Terk's shoes mates...1 person running a profit-switching, multi-scrypt mining pool and everyday 10 new people want to complain about something. I understand its about "principle" and not the amount of money but geesh guys, how long are you going to beat the horse? Give the dude some room to breathe/work and I am sure your un-exchanged balances will be exchanged soon enough.

Besides, what amounts are we talking here? Dollars? Cents? Micro-cents? I doubt the amount that is left un-exchanged even adds up to a dollar. Cut the guy (Terk) some slack or maybe offer up some help.

Good day.

Bitcoin-Scratchticket.com       Win Bitcoin Playing Scratchtickets        Provably Fair   
*Got LootCrate?*
*My Stuff For Sale thread/s*   www.CryptoCause.org   Ask me about SEGMining Hosting!
"Don't undertake a project unless it is manifestly important and nearly impossible" - Edwin Land
dida
Legendary

Activity: 1190

SoNiC BooM

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 05:25:14 PM

Before complaining, whining, moaning, groaning etc. put yourself in Terk's shoes mates...1 person running a profit-switching, multi-scrypt mining pool and everyday 10 new people want to complain about something. I understand its about "principle" and not the amount of money but geesh guys, how long are you going to beat the horse? Give the dude some room to breathe/work and I am sure your un-exchanged balances will be exchanged soon enough.

Besides, what amounts are we talking here? Dollars? Cents? Micro-cents? I doubt the amount that is left un-exchanged even adds up to a dollar. Cut the guy (Terk) some slack or maybe offer up some help.

Good day.

Yeah talking like real Criminals from Banks....lets steal few cents from every account...they will not even notice....screw you moron that is mine and I want it back!
byt411

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 05:36:31 PM

Good day.

Yeah talking like real Criminals from Banks....lets steal few cents from every account...they will not even notice....screw you moron that is mine and I want it back!

Okay. Go away and don't mine on Clever then. Banks are even worse.
fivejonnyfive

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 05:49:47 PM

I have tried the GAWminers img, and the Zoomhash img, and I have built several Raspbian Wheezy systems myself.  I have tried installing a python stratum proxy.  I have used cgminer and bfgminer.  I get the same results no matter what I do:

I connect to a pool, I get no Accepts.  (I have tried various pools, including this one, but I mainly use a different pool so I can watch my dashboard on it to see hashrate...)

One time, using cgminer, I got quite a few Accepts in a row.  In fact, I got 32 Accepts each time my work was accepted.  When the number of Accepts got to 1072, it stopped.  (I realize 1072 is not a multiple of 32, I'm just telling the truth...)

I am not looking for anybody to help me debug and such, I am just hoping that my situation rings a bell with you.

Try Minera which uses Sandor's modded, autotuning CPUminer. been using it for 3 gridseed 5chips and it's wonderful.
kalus

Activity: 420
Merit: 263

let's make a deal.

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 06:04:33 PM

Okay. Go away and don't mine on Clever then. Banks are even worse.
lol clevermining = bank ITT

DC2ngEGbd1ZUKyj8aSzrP1W5TXs5WmPuiR wow need noms
Trestle

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

Rockem Sockem

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 06:14:56 PM

Some of you crack me up. Who cares how much it is people want what they mined. If it was something that happened for two week I would say who cares just like many of you. However my first message to Terk about the unexchanged/immature was back on March 25th. Two weeks ago he said the weekend. I understand there are a lot of things that go into maintaining the pool but it's not like profits are shooting up and we are mostly mining ltc anyway. I think maybe it's time to find the time to take care of the issue.

http://leaserig.net/index.jsp?rfid=2539 - Leash the Hash power you need to dominate coins.
Ibistru

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 07:16:54 PM

Some of you crack me up. Who cares how much it is people want what they mined. If it was something that happened for two week I would say who cares just like many of you. However my first message to Terk about the unexchanged/immature was back on March 25th. Two weeks ago he said the weekend. I understand there are a lot of things that go into maintaining the pool but it's not like profits are shooting up and we are mostly mining ltc anyway. I think maybe it's time to find the time to take care of the issue.

+1
mstrongbow

Activity: 322

3D Printed!

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 07:32:40 PM

Good day.

Wow, just wow.

If Terk was "stealing" small amounts of coin...why would he leave anything un-exchanged? So you are saying that Terk is waiting for you to abandon mining on his pool with your miners and after X amount of days he will then exchange the un-exchanged balance from "abandoned" accounts and keep the coin himself???

I suppose your life is a bowl of cherries eh mate? Mining is not a lifestyle but rather a hobby and for some a business. I take it you fall into the hobby category. I don't claim to have any inside info but I know what life can dish out and I have yet to be served a bowl of cherries!

Oh and I never said it was "okay" for anyone/entity to steal anything from any person. As far as I know, there has been NO stealing going on @Clevermining.com

If you think you can do better, why don't you start your own profit-switching scrypt mining pool??? Otherwise, PM Terk and quit dragging on this issue. Yes, we ALL have a small amount of un-exchanged balances. I bet I am not the ONLY person here who has mined a coin and that coin has flopped or is not on any exchanges etc...

Keep up the good work Terk, I know eventually you will get my 1/100th of a cent exchanged eventually. Wink

Bitcoin-Scratchticket.com       Win Bitcoin Playing Scratchtickets        Provably Fair   
*Got LootCrate?*
*My Stuff For Sale thread/s*   www.CryptoCause.org   Ask me about SEGMining Hosting!
"Don't undertake a project unless it is manifestly important and nearly impossible" - Edwin Land
byt411

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 09:17:33 PM

Good day.

Wow, just wow.

If Terk was "stealing" small amounts of coin...why would he leave anything un-exchanged? So you are saying that Terk is waiting for you to abandon mining on his pool with your miners and after X amount of days he will then exchange the un-exchanged balance from "abandoned" accounts and keep the coin himself???

I suppose your life is a bowl of cherries eh mate? Mining is not a lifestyle but rather a hobby and for some a business. I take it you fall into the hobby category. I don't claim to have any inside info but I know what life can dish out and I have yet to be served a bowl of cherries!

Oh and I never said it was "okay" for anyone/entity to steal anything from any person. As far as I know, there has been NO stealing going on @Clevermining.com

If you think you can do better, why don't you start your own profit-switching scrypt mining pool??? Otherwise, PM Terk and quit dragging on this issue. Yes, we ALL have a small amount of un-exchanged balances. I bet I am not the ONLY person here who has mined a coin and that coin has flopped or is not on any exchanges etc...

Keep up the good work Terk, I know eventually you will get my 1/100th of a cent exchanged eventually. Wink

I agree. He doesn't need to start his own pool, he can just go away and mine on another pool. Anyway, Terk takes a 2% fee, he's already earned 50.16BTC over the last month.
Terk (OP)

Activity: 616
Merit: 522

View Profile
May 11, 2014, 10:41:07 PM

I understand that nobody likes the unexchanged balance. I'm sorry it is taking so long to resolve. The reason for it is that something what usually is automated failed and stuff needs to be checked and/or done manually (which usually is a long and uphill task to check/deal with every mined block) and it's hard to find the time for it as ongoing pool maintenance and tasks are taking really lot of time. There are tons of new coins to monitor and/or include in the pool, some coins are suddenly forking or causing other problems, some new coins are traded only on new exchanges which API needs to be implemented quickly (because period while these new coins are profitable is very short nowadays), and so on. And it's just the high-level stuff, but there's also lot of low-level tech stuff underneath that require constant attention.

We had a very busy week with several new coins and I didn't really do anything other than ongoing stuff in the last week. This is not an excuse. I know I should find the time to deal with these issues and I'll try to do this as soon as possible. Dealing with our past unexchanged balances is my top priority now and I'll work on it as soon as I will be able to spend time on scheduled tasks. I apologise again for this inconvenience.

GolfCabalist

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 12:48:16 AM

Thanks very much for responding, and I will indeed try out Minera, but NOT as a solution to my problem, as it turns out.  Let me describe the actual solution, because people are apt to find my OP when searching for their own instance of my trouble.

I have two separate farms of gridseeds, but when I wanted to learn to use Raspberry Pi, I went to a third location.  I wanted just a standalone rig where Pi and I could get acquainted.  No hub, just USB straight from Pi to GS.  For power supply, I used a single-unit, "12v 1A" supply that came with one of my Gridseeds.  And that power supply is what turned out to be the problem.

As soon as the theory hit me that the power supply didnt have enough ass, I wanted to check the voltage under the load of the GS.  It has a molded plug, so no screwing off the plastic cover to get at the terminals.  If it had regular twin lead running to it, I could have stuck a needle in each wire and measured the voltage that way, but no, it's coaxial cable.  So I hooked up another power supply, and bam bam bam one acceptance after another.

It's a blessing, really, I learned lots more about the Pi than I would have...

Try Minera which uses Sandor's modded, autotuning CPUminer. been using it for 3 gridseed 5chips and it's wonderful.
GolfCabalist

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 01:05:38 AM

Well, dont process EVERYBODY's unexchanged balance, JUST DO MINE!

Joke.

I understand that nobody likes the unexchanged balance. I'm sorry it is taking so long to resolve. The reason for it is that something what usually is automated failed and stuff needs to be checked and/or done manually (which usually is a long and uphill task to check/deal with every mined block) and it's hard to find the time for it as ongoing pool maintenance and tasks are taking really lot of time. There are tons of new coins to monitor and/or include in the pool, some coins are suddenly forking or causing other problems, some new coins are traded only on new exchanges which API needs to be implemented quickly (because period while these new coins are profitable is very short nowadays), and so on. And it's just the high-level stuff, but there's also lot of low-level tech stuff underneath that require constant attention.

We had a very busy week with several new coins and I didn't really do anything other than ongoing stuff in the last week. This is not an excuse. I know I should find the time to deal with these issues and I'll try to do this as soon as possible. Dealing with our past unexchanged balances is my top priority now and I'll work on it as soon as I will be able to spend time on scheduled tasks. I apologise again for this inconvenience.
FullBoat

Activity: 15

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 01:44:42 AM

As soon as the theory hit me that the power supply didnt have enough ass, I wanted to check the voltage under the load of the GS.  It has a molded plug, so no screwing off the plastic cover to get at the terminals.  If it had regular twin lead running to it, I could have stuck a needle in each wire and measured the voltage that way, but no, it's coaxial cable.  So I hooked up another power supply, and bam bam bam one acceptance after another.

I had this same issue. Had 2 hooked up to a cheep USB hub, and they'd just drop off. 1 was no issue. Got a better hub, and have had no issue since.

I'm using Scripta right now, but I think I'm going to give Minera a shot. I seamed to do better with the auto-tune, and BFGminer doesn't have that. And, until I can get all mine volt modded that might help as well.

Terk,
  Just keep doing what you're doing. You're always going to have someone complain about something you're "not doing right". And, a quick question. Do you plan on doing Vardiff again? Not a huge deal, but just don't like seeing so many rejects on my GridSeeds. Smiley

Now convert all my coins.... kidding kidding.

GolfCabalist

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 02:12:29 AM

It seems that when I run cgminer, I have to start the software, THEN plug in the USB...I like it about BFGminer that I can just leave the Gridseeds plugged in and running, and restart the software at will.

I tried a Scripta image, but it was set to Italian, and to a strange keyboard.  For some people it might be easy enough to set locale and keyboard, but...for me, especially with having to guess which key dispenses which character, I punted and moved along to another miner.

I am afraid to overclock, on the theory that I cant afford for mining hardware to go POP.  (That may be an excuse...those resistors are mighty small...) I am still running DualMiners, 1/5 the hash of a Gridseed, and I actually paid more for them than I am now paying for Gridseeds, but they wont earn coin if they're not plugged in.  One of the DualMiners went POP.  Bad voltage regulator, and I plan to replace it.  "When I get a chance."  Wink

Even though I dont have volt-modded Gridseeds, I have over-clocked them, and one of them gave 0 hardware errors at 950, so...it would do me well to be able to target individual units for specific clock speeds, or, as you suggest, use auto-tuning software.

I had this same issue. Had 2 hooked up to a cheep USB hub, and they'd just drop off. 1 was no issue. Got a better hub, and have had no issue since.

I'm using Scripta right now, but I think I'm going to give Minera a shot. I seamed to do better with the auto-tune, and BFGminer doesn't have that. And, until I can get all mine volt modded that might help as well.

Terk,
  Just keep doing what you're doing. You're always going to have someone complain about something you're "not doing right". And, a quick question. Do you plan on doing Vardiff again? Not a huge deal, but just don't like seeing so many rejects on my GridSeeds. Smiley

Now convert all my coins.... kidding kidding.

fivejonnyfive

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 03:06:08 AM

Terk, thanks for settling the score of the unexchanged balance. I had figured that was just coins that had died but glad to see that there is progress to be made there. Perhaps it's less of an issue to me because my balance stuck unexchanged is literally just .002. So. Not too concerned about $0.90

Even though I dont have volt-modded Gridseeds, I have over-clocked them, and one of them gave 0 hardware errors at 950, so...it would do me well to be able to target individual units for specific clock speeds, or, as you suggest, use auto-tuning software.

Not only can you target individual units with a clock speed, you can target individual CHIPS within those units with a clock speed. If you run the autotune, you can get the results per chip from the API.

If you're comfortable mucking around with some basic PHP, here's a script that will, based on autotune results, give you a command line string to start up your miner with the per chip settings.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=482352.msg6603449#msg6603449
trc

Activity: 164

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2014, 03:30:37 AM

Is there any way of seeing the profitability in a more frequent fashion? http://clevermining.com/profits/24-hours updates once an hour on 18th-19th minute. I'd like to be able see that info updated in 5-10 minute intervals somehow. API?

>> nope
ghur

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 07:25:06 AM

Is there any way of seeing the profitability in a more frequent fashion? http://clevermining.com/profits/24-hours updates once an hour on 18th-19th minute. I'd like to be able see that info updated in 5-10 minute intervals somehow. API?

No, because variance would make those stats fluctuate all over the map, thus making them pointless.
With per 5 minute statistics you would see periods of 0% profit with peaks of 3000% profit.

Hell, the hourly stats are already pretty useless.

doge: D8q8dR6tEAcaJ7U65jP6AAkiiL2CFJaHah
Automated faucet, pays daily: Qoinpro
Pages: « 1 ... 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 [207] 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 ... 306 »
  Print  

Jump to: