Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 05:35:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 [274] 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][AUTO-SWITCH] Profit-switch auto-exchange pool: CleverMining.com  (Read 554361 times)
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2014, 08:40:09 PM

Gentlemen, lets try to stay nice

[...]

Having said that, the reluctancy of Terk in addressing our handouts, will in the end (same long term) kill your profit model. You see, our dev's have decided to take responsibility into their own hands resulting in a highly advanced test environment that enables all serious coin dev's (so not only NLG) to generate algorithms that are resistant to your raping hash attacks.

Not sure I'm getting your point. If you have an antidote, use it. If you wanted to come across as "nice", you utterly failed by using words like "rape".

You seem to be upset that someone doesn't subscribe to your long term holding ideology, but you will not gain any supporters by spamming this thread and certainly will not solve the problem this way. Talk to Terk in private if you have any technical issues to talk about, or just focus on making your coin more resistant to switching pools.

If not CM then another pool will come and do the same thing, so you might as well work on a solution rather than blame.
alienesb

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 08:54:06 PM

Gentlemen, lets try to stay nice

[...]

Having said that, the reluctancy of Terk in addressing our handouts, will in the end (same long term) kill your profit model. You see, our dev's have decided to take responsibility into their own hands resulting in a highly advanced test environment that enables all serious coin dev's (so not only NLG) to generate algorithms that are resistant to your raping hash attacks.

Not sure I'm getting your point. If you have an antidote, use it. If you wanted to come across as "nice", you utterly failed by using words like "rape".

You seem to be upset that someone doesn't subscribe to your long term holding ideology, but you will not gain any supporters by spamming this thread and certainly will not solve the problem this way. Talk to Terk in private if you have any technical issues to talk about, or just focus on making your coin more resistant to switching pools.

If not CM then another pool will come and do the same thing, so you might as well work on a solution rather than blame.

Maybe they need to add a hyperflex capacitor.
ny2cafuse
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002

HODL for life.

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 09:18:35 PM

How's it feel to be Terk's mouthpiece?  You seem to fight blindly for him.  Does he pay you much for the effort?  I'm just wondering why you don't let him speak for himself.

The fact that LTEX uses the word rape doesn't change the tone of the conversation.  Your point is moot.  CM does in fact rape the coin, and it's community of their time and money.  Regardless of whether the underlying issue is the algorithm or not, CM is raping NLG.  If 50% of the mined Bitcoin or Litecoin were sold in a day, what do you think the community would say?  If they faced 1 hour delays at the hand of a single pool, what would the community do?

Secondly, where's the spam?  Questions are being asked and Terk's lackeys are fielding them, not Terk himself.  People want answers, and they want them addressed publicly by Terk, not you. 

I would love to see the reasoning behind continuing to manipulate the NLG algorithm, even though developers and the community were trying to work with him in a civil manner when the problem was identified.  At this point one could only think that it is because Terk takes pleasure in doing so.  If that's not the case, then let him publicly state it.  I personally don't care to hear it from anyone but him.  When I spoke with him originally in PM, he seemed cordial.  He agreed to work with the community and reduce the hashrate he pointed at NLG, and then 2 weeks later he continued.  If he is a man of his word, he would be honorable and live up to his agreements.  If he can't keep his word about this situation, what does that say about the way he conducts business?  How could any miner make a conscious decision to blind trust his word after that?  It raises a lot of questions regarding his ethics.

So, Suchmoon, enough with your shilling.  Let your master speak for himself.

-Fuse

Community > Devs
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2014, 10:05:19 PM

How's it feel to be Terk's mouthpiece?  You seem to fight blindly for him.  Does he pay you much for the effort?  I'm just wondering why you don't let him speak for himself.

You seem to have a reading comprehension issue as well as bad temper. You might want to re-read what I posted. I advised the poster of what in my opinion would be a more effective way to deal with the issue. Attacking me for my opinion - or anyone else on these forums for that matter - won't help your coin one bit. If anything it will reflect poorly on the coin and its supporters. If this is the way you communicate with anyone whose opinion you dislike then NLG has bigger problems than "rape".

Good luck with your coin and I hope you'll be able to find a solution.
ny2cafuse
Legendary

HODL for life.

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 10:23:04 PM

You seem to have a reading comprehension issue as well as bad temper. You might want to re-read what I posted. I advised the poster of what in my opinion would be a more effective way to deal with the issue. Attacking me for my opinion - or anyone else on these forums for that matter - won't help your coin one bit. If anything it will reflect poorly on the coin and its supporters. If this is the way you communicate with anyone whose opinion you dislike then NLG has bigger problems than "rape".

No temper here.  I just don't tolerate ignorance.  My reading comprehension is just fine.  You said PM Terk.  I'm saying I want public answers.  I'm thinking you need to reevaluate your stance on who misread what.

The plan to remedy the situation, brought on by CM and Terk's apathy, has been planned and is in the works.  A plan that will allow all coins to look at algorithm testing at a more intricate scale.  In fact, I'm thinking LTEX is very much correct in that CM will probably face some hefty problems with profitability in the next year or so because of it.  So that's not the problem.  The problem is Terk's reluctance to work with the community civilly, so that we can continue to promote healthy growth.  Terk was asked to cooperate with the community while we worked on solutions.  He agreed and then went back on his word.  3 months and no word from him on his stance or his reasoning.  The fact that you answer for him, and poorly at that, is exasperating.  No one is asking for your stance.  We are asking for Terk's.  Is is that difficult to comprehend?

As far as my mouthpiece comment goes, I still find it puzzling that you answer all his questions for him.  Again, let him speak for himself.

-Fuse

Community > Devs
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2014, 10:40:34 PM

No temper here.  I just don't tolerate ignorance.  My reading comprehension is just fine.  You said PM Terk.  I'm saying I want public answers.  I'm thinking you need to reevaluate your stance on who misread what.

The plan to remedy the situation, brought on by CM and Terk's apathy, has been planned and is in the works.  A plan that will allow all coins to look at algorithm testing at a more intricate scale.  In fact, I'm thinking LTEX is very much correct in that CM will probably face some hefty problems with profitability in the next year or so because of it.  So that's not the problem.  The problem is Terk's reluctance to work with the community civilly, so that we can continue to promote healthy growth.  Terk was asked to cooperate with the community while we worked on solutions.  He agreed and then went back on his word.  3 months and no word from him on his stance or his reasoning.  The fact that you answer for him, and poorly at that, is exasperating.  No one is asking for your stance.  We are asking for Terk's.  Is is that difficult to comprehend?

As far as my mouthpiece comment goes, I still find it puzzling that you answer all his questions for him.  Again, let him speak for himself.

-Fuse

I do not answer for anybody. I have no idea where you got that from. I don't know Terk nor do I have any clue what he thinks about that. I use this pool and I use this thread to discuss the pool. I expressed my own opinion regarding the approach NLG supporters are taking, which I thought is counterproductive. It wasn't even a response to you, but to another poster, so for you to come at me with these accussations is childish to say the least. If you don't like my opinion or even the fact that I have one you're free to ignore me. You're also free to continue to attack me, as the case may be. All I'm saying that your tone and your methods are not helping your cause but rather alienating forum readers who could potentially have sympathy for it - again in my own opinion, in case that is not clear yet. I hope you'll calm down and will see it for what it is. Take care.
ny2cafuse
Legendary

HODL for life.

View Profile
December 16, 2014, 10:50:09 PM

I do not answer for anybody. I have no idea where you got that from. I don't know Terk nor do I have any clue what he thinks about that. I use this pool and I use this thread to discuss the pool. I expressed my own opinion regarding the approach NLG supporters are taking, which I thought is counterproductive. It wasn't even a response to you, but to another poster, so for you to come at me with these accussations is childish to say the least. If you don't like my opinion or even the fact that I have one you're free to ignore me. You're also free to continue to attack me, as the case may be. All I'm saying that your tone and your methods are not helping your cause but rather alienating forum readers who could potentially have sympathy for it - again in my own opinion, in case that is not clear yet. I hope you'll calm down and will see it for what it is. Take care.

November 23rd is the last time Terk posted, and you've been fielding user questions for him since then.  It's pretty easy to see where I would think you speak for him.  Also, it's funny how you can say that my tone is attacking when you yourself said this:

You were told that your diff adjustment is broken. Why don't you get of your high horse, fix your coin and move on.

If you wanted to stay civil, then act civil.

That being said, let's try this again.  I'll revise my post as to not offend you:

Terk, and only Terk, please address the concerns of the NLG community.  I don't want to hear from anyone else, unless they are actively involved in the management of the pool and it's policies.

-Fuse

Community > Devs
LTEX
Legendary

Activity: 1023

ltex.nl

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2014, 11:44:50 AM
Last edit: December 17, 2014, 12:16:50 PM by LTEX

What part of "stay nice to one another" did I fail to disclose? Roll Eyes

Let me first of all state I have been very descent about this and have even stated I understand Terk's motives to maximize profits for his miners. The only reason I use the term rape is because it best discribes the effect Clevermining currently has on NLG. In no way a mean to offend anyone with this.

I also agree with you that resolving matters is always something we first must try ourselves. This doesn't mean however, we can't ask for some sympathy or support from you guys while working on it.

I run two businesses in real life. If I learned anything it is that if you want to be successful in business, don't look for ideas, but find problems and create a solution. At first I did just that and I was relatively successful. Now I try to work as much as I can with others to combine the solutions and that really has improved all my businesses.

So, also in this case, lets be interdependent!

I must agree met Fuse on one thing, although I have tried both publicly and private, always in a descent way, I have never gotten back any respons from Terk...

A fool will just look at the finger, even if it points to paradise!
Ibistru

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 08:07:42 PM

Terk, and only Terk, please address the concerns of the NLG community.  I don't want to hear from anyone else, unless they are actively involved in the management of the pool and it's policies.

NLG is just another shit coin.
I am surprised you are angered, when you should be grateful of what CM is doing. CM is helping to deflate the pump of this shit coin so that the eventual, inevitable crash will be softer. You should only be happy about this. Unless, of course, you are one of the con men organizing the pump and dump. In that case I can understand your anger.
veertje
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 10:27:35 PM
Last edit: December 18, 2014, 09:04:19 PM by veertje

Support appreciated. Dedicated miners are welcome against this abuse Cool Almost 70 merchants in the Netherlands now and growing and nice projects coming. We can already buy clothes, coffee, beer, wine, get a massage, lasertreatment, buy books, buy design lamps, buy games, buy services, buy snacks, buy Subway sandwiches etc, etc. with Guldencoin. Support crypto, support Guldencoin. Together with bitcoin we make crypto work in the Netherlands.

ANN: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=554412.0
Official website: https://guldencoin.com
https://bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-NLG

Mining is possible here:

http://guldenpool.nl:27100
https://nlg.hardcoreminers.com

http://criptoe.com/
Ibistru

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 11:06:19 PM

Support appreciated. Dedicated miners are welcome Cool Almost 70 merchants in the Netherlands now and growing and nice projects coming. We can already buy clothes, coffee, beer, wine, get a massage, lasertreatment, buy books, buy design lamps, buy games, buy services, buy snacks, buy Subway sandwiches etc, etc. with Guldencoin. Support crypto, support Guldencoin. Together with bitcoin we make crypto work in the Netherlands.

And the reason you cannot do that with bitcoins is...? Oh yes, the same reason of Aurora Coin. Smiley Nothing new here, the usual scam.
veertje
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 11:09:19 PM
Last edit: December 17, 2014, 11:21:24 PM by veertje

Support appreciated. Dedicated miners are welcome Cool Almost 70 merchants in the Netherlands now and growing and nice projects coming. We can already buy clothes, coffee, beer, wine, get a massage, lasertreatment, buy books, buy design lamps, buy games, buy services, buy snacks, buy Subway sandwiches etc, etc. with Guldencoin. Support crypto, support Guldencoin. Together with bitcoin we make crypto work in the Netherlands.

And the reason you cannot do that with bitcoins is...? Oh yes, the same reason of Aurora Coin. Smiley Nothing new here, the usual scam.

Guldencoin is better accepted in the Netherlands, because of the loss of the Gulden. In no way to compare with Aurora, my friend.
Better read about Guldencoin, before you say something stupid. You should be proud of this coin, if you really support crypto. It makes bitcoin also stronger in the Netherlands, not weaker. Win-win for both.
ny2cafuse
Legendary

HODL for life.

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 11:17:21 PM

I am surprised you are angered, when you should be grateful of what CM is doing. CM is helping to deflate the pump of this shit coin so that the eventual, inevitable crash will be softer. You should only be happy about this. Unless, of course, you are one of the con men organizing the pump and dump. In that case I can understand your anger.

Mate, I was around calling shit coins shit coins before you probably spent your first satoshi.  I lead a discussion about banning shit coins in the altcoin subforum before 90% of the alts came out.  I've spent enough time looking at coins to know a shit coin from a legitimate prospect.  Do yourself a favor and do some reading.  It's probably the first coin I've seen in a long time that can truly stand alone and succeed.  You could make a lot more money with solid prospects, mate... remember that.

I have no interest in pump and dumps.  My post history would show that.  I was against Fontas when he was pushing them on BTC-E almost 2 years ago now.  I stand behind coins with meaning... not pump and dump coins.  So no, I have no thanks to give to CM.

I find it funny though that you quote my statement about wanting to hear from Terk only.  I even made it bold.  Maybe I should have gone back to 1990s web design and added the <blink> tag for effect.

A lot of talk, but still no Terk.

-Fuse

Community > Devs
Andrewww

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 12:14:46 AM

Hello everyone!
I'm newbie in mining and I have a question about profitability. Supposing I have 1 ATI R9 290 card. One ATI R9 290 has hashrate about 900 KH/s=0.9MH/s  according to https://litecoin.info/Mining_hardware_comparison. Average profit for last 30 days was 0.000201 BTC/day per MH/s. Therefore profit for 30 days should be 0.9 x 0.000201 × 30 = 0,005427BTC.
So monthly profit for R9 290 is 0,005427BTC x 322$/BTC = $1,74
Is this calculation correct or wrong? Thank you.
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2014, 12:25:33 AM

Hello everyone!
I'm newbie in mining and I have a question about profitability. Supposing I have 1 ATI R9 290 card. One ATI R9 290 has hashrate about 900 KH/s=0.9MH/s  according to https://litecoin.info/Mining_hardware_comparison. Average profit for last 30 days was 0.000201 BTC/day per MH/s. Therefore profit for 30 days should be 0.9 x 0.000201 × 30 = 0,005427BTC.
So monthly profit for R9 290 is 0,005427BTC x 322$/BTC = $1,74
Is this calculation correct or wrong? Thank you.

Only if you have free electricity. GPUs are not suitable for Scrypt mining anymore.

Another thing to keep in mind is that profitability is not a constant and tends to decline. Next 30 days will likely be less profitable than the last 30 days.
Andrewww

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 12:37:27 AM

Only if you have free electricity. GPUs are not suitable for Scrypt mining anymore.

Another thing to keep in mind is that profitability is not a constant and tends to decline. Next 30 days will likely be less profitable than the last 30 days.
Thank you for answer. May be GPU is suitable for some other mining or not?
NoobKidOnTheBlock

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 12:58:11 AM

quick question is it profitable to rent a mining rig for cleverhashmining.com?? Or would I not make any money doing it that way?

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇
............NoobKidOnThe.BLOCK.....

suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2014, 01:07:28 AM

AMD - unlikely. Check X11, neoscrypt, maybe some other newer algos, rental sites, but again, unless you have free or very cheap electricity it's probably not going to make you any money.
NVIDIA cards can be barely profitable on X11/X13/etc but probably not worth the initial investment at this time, with BTC so low.

quick question is it profitable to rent a mining rig for cleverhashmining.com?? Or would I not make any money doing it that way?

If you mean clevermining, it's easy to check. As the poster above mentioned you can earn up to 0.0002 BTC per MH/s, probably less now. If you can rent a rig for less than that you might be able to make money, but as far as I know rigs on rentals sites cost more than that.
NoobKidOnTheBlock

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 01:18:06 AM

AMD - unlikely. Check X11, neoscrypt, maybe some other newer algos, rental sites, but again, unless you have free or very cheap electricity it's probably not going to make you any money.
NVIDIA cards can be barely profitable on X11/X13/etc but probably not worth the initial investment at this time, with BTC so low.

If you mean clevermining, it's easy to check. As the poster above mentioned you can earn up to 0.0002 BTC per MH/s, probably less now. If you can rent a rig for less than that you might be able to make money, but as far as I know rigs on rentals sites cost more than that.
Thanks mate that is the site I was referring too and I appreciate the speedy response my friend Smiley

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇
............NoobKidOnThe.BLOCK.....

Andrewww

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 01:21:06 AM

Thank you.
Pages: « 1 ... 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 [274] 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 »
  Print  

Jump to: