Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 07:48:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 [630] 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 ... 1035 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained]  (Read 1369739 times)
Crindon

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 04:53:37 PM

Does anyone see this coin making it above 20 sat. Considering reinvesting possibly.

Thank-you. This is a good question. I see it going considerably higher than 200 satoshis. Even at 200 satoshis, I believe there is still room for additional growth. There is so much value here, it's insane how so many people are putting their money into the stock market or real estate and not into Mintcoin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
deadmanwalking

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 05:22:00 PM

I think we have gone over this before,...can't remember. Someone on reddit has this question- What coins does my wallet send when I make a payment? the oldest ones or the newest ones?

http://www.reddit.com/r/MintCoin/comments/22f03e/what_coins_does_my_wallet_send_when_i_make_a/

Thanks

\
draco71

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 06:45:51 PM

Does anyone see this coin making it above 20 sat. Considering reinvesting possibly.

Yes. And considering we where the first fast distribution POS coin. we have a great community and whe are focus on bringin real economy to the coin.

Buy a Bitcoin at 15 sat and in 3, 4 months you will see.

The others fasts POS coin is still in the pump phase, we already passed that and our grown is organical.

Theres a bright future for mint

You are kidding, right? The whole discussion here seems too amateurish according to me. Where is really that "great" MINT community? All I see is 2-3 salesmen talking about rockets and the moon a couple of times, 2-3 zealots and 2-3 trolls. All bored right now to even write here because currently the whole thing is a stalemate. ECC will be next, then the next one and goes on. And MINT will celebrate when it goes from 12 to 16 sat for half a day and then back to 13. Since I really care about MINT I still have a few observations:

1) I wrote it a while ago and I consider it 100% valid still
Regarding MINT coin ... I believe that MINT coin team is covering in an excellent manner the mid and long term goals for the
coin. I mean, all these merchants ... wow !!! But, the short term is somehow lost. For now, the price is important for 2 main reasons:
First reason is that value creates interest. The trading volume right now is embarrassing. More people will join if they see possible gains. Second reason is that value creates value. I mean, how important is for me to have the possibility to buy a PC with MINTs if my MINTs worth nothing?

2) The reaction of the devs during the latest fork was a bit discouraging. Too slow reaction according to me. However, this is acceptable. We are humans. But the reaction of the community was hilarious. Without showing any knowledge at all, they "defended" the "almighty MINT code" without asking concrete explanations and quick fix. Hell, I am not an expect but it was too obvious that there was a problem. In fact, I think that there is still some problem because the wallet does not behave normally, but that's another story.

3) The "voting" on lovecrypto. I know that this is minor, but still ... 2.67 BTCs thrown to buy votes for nothing Huh Guys please, use these BTCs for supporting MINT, buy some MINT, fund some projects but do not throw them for nothing. What to prove there? That MINT community is stronger? I have news for you. Currently it is not. Because crypto is too young and the people follow the hype. They will not stay to watch the paint dry.

Just my opinion, honestly spoken, without trying to to say what someone should do. I say once more that I invested equally on both PoS coins and that stands still, so I would like to see both of them thrive.

My heart belongs to RieCoin (RIC), my investments to BlackCoin (BC)
broken_pixel

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 06:55:49 PM

Mint Coin Devs, Coin Control integration into the wallet would be a plus.

http://wiki.hobonickels.info/index.php?title=Coin_Control

GA-990FXA-UD5, 1x 7970L, 2x S1, AX1200i, RIVBE, 2x R290x, NEX1500, BTC: 1G9cQix8bMgh35MQ9wY3Rb9yNSSCtnoRmK, DGC: DFo9FcKYsutv9Vx5c5xUzkrt7VJdECZWTM, LTC: LaAN33aktPGaimN5ALL9kjHjuJekfmKfTh
stormia

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 06:58:02 PM

Mint Coin Devs, Coin Control integration into the wallet would be a plus.

http://wiki.hobonickels.info/index.php?title=Coin_Control

I agree, that would be a very nice feature.
moderndezigns

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 07:03:42 PM

Yes. And considering we where the first fast distribution POS coin. we have a great community and whe are focus on bringin real economy to the coin.

The others fasts POS coin is still in the pump phase, we already passed that and our grown is organical.

You are kidding, right? The whole discussion here seems too amateurish according to me. Where is really that "great" MINT community? All I see is 2-3 salesmen talking about rockets and the moon a couple of times, 2-3 zealots and 2-3 trolls. All bored right now to even write here because currently the whole thing is a stalemate. ECC will be next, then the next one and goes on. And MINT will celebrate when it goes from 12 to 16 sat for half a day and then back to 13. Since I really care about MINT I still have a few observations:

Regarding MINT coin ... I believe that MINT coin team is covering in an excellent manner the mid and long term goals for the
coin. I mean, all these merchants ... wow !!! But, the short term is somehow lost. For now, the price is important for 2 main reasons:
First reason is that value creates interest. The trading volume right now is embarrassing. More people will join if they see possible gains. Second reason is that value creates value. I mean, how important is for me to have the possibility to buy a PC with MINTs if my MINTs worth nothing?

2) The reaction of the devs during the latest fork was a bit discouraging. Too slow reaction according to me. However, this is acceptable. We are humans. But the reaction of the community was hilarious. Without showing any knowledge at all, they "defended" the "almighty MINT code" without asking concrete explanations and quick fix. Hell, I am not an expect but it was too obvious that there was a problem. In fact, I think that there is still some problem because the wallet does not behave normally, but that's another story.

3) The "voting" on lovecrypto. I know that this is minor, but still ... 2.67 BTCs thrown to buy votes for nothing Huh Guys please, use these BTCs for supporting MINT, buy some MINT, fund some projects but do not throw them for nothing. What to prove there? That MINT community is stronger? I have news for you. Currently it is not. Because crypto is too young and the people follow the hype. They will not stay to watch the paint dry.

Just my opinion, honestly spoken, without trying to to say what someone should do. I say once more that I invested equally on both PoS coins and that stands still, so I would like to see both of them thrive.

Honesty would be a stretch coming from you. I'll see about getting some puppets to hype things up for ya
validsyntax1210

Activity: 14

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 07:06:34 PM

Thank-you. This is a good question. I see it going considerably higher than 200 satoshis. Even at 200 satoshis, I believe there is still room for additional growth. There is so much value here, it's insane how so many people are putting their money into the stock market or real estate and not into Mintcoin.

well real estate is pretty low right now. I invest in mint because I cannot afford real estate lol. But for a low price I can still grab 500k mint
stormia

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 07:16:19 PM

What is hype, really? Consider what that word means. "Extravagant or intensive publicity or promotion." You are right, that seems like exactly what is going on in the BC forum. The mere news of there being news this coming Wednesday has driven the price up ~1000 satoshis. Seems great, and potentially is, but what is the price supported by other than the "extravagant or intensive publicity or promotion."? There is nothing solid supporting that price except for speculators betting on whether or not the price will go even higher. Similar hype surrounding #blackcoinfriday and the multipool drove the price up to the 8000-9000 satoshi range just a few days ago. When that hype died down, the price fell back down to the 7000 range because, despite the multipool still functioning and doing its job, it was really the hype of the multipool and not the multipool itself that brought the price up. So, I guess what I am getting at is, how sustainable do you think "extravagant or intensive publicity or promotion" is? I suspect either one of two things will happen this week:
 After Wednesday the BC hype of the news release dies down and the price corrects again.
 Or, if the news release actually achieves its goal other than the initial hype, the price should be maintained or even continue to rise.

I look forward to finding out, and I am hoping for the 2nd possibility because I hold a fair amount of BC too. I don't think MintCoin needs to or should compare itself to BC,  they are quite different by design. The roller coaster of a ride that BC is surely will attract many more day traders, but slow and steady with a strong foundation being built along the way seems like the way to go in the long term. IMHO. This is why I invested in both. I see great potential in both, for different reasons. Plus, in general, it is a smart move to diversify.
coolbeans94

Activity: 613
Merit: 500

Mintcoin: Get some

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 07:18:58 PM

is there a reason we have to delete everything in appdata (except wallet.dat)
If you haven't upgraded to the new wallet before block 220,000 you need to delete everything except your wallet.dat and install the new wallet and correct blockchain.

anyone having slow syncs now? i have like 2800 blocks remaining, going through them very slow.
Yeah, what is going on, I have 2900 blocks not syncing.  
For those who are having syncing issues, make sure you have updated to the 1.7 wallet, and if you are still having syncing issues use the the addnodes found here: http://www.reddit.com/r/MintCoin/comments/22awns/please_upgrade_to_17_asap/

(1.) Moral happiness depends upon moral order.
(2.) Moral order depends upon the harmonious action of all our powers, as
individuals and as members of society.
draco71

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 07:27:22 PM

draco71 bla-bla ...

What is hype, really? Consider what that word means. "Extravagant or intensive publicity or promotion." You are right, that seems like exactly what is going on in the BC forum. The mere news of there being news this coming Wednesday has driven the price up ~1000 satoshis. Seems great, and potentially is, but what is the price supported by other than the "extravagant or intensive publicity or promotion."? There is nothing solid supporting that price except for speculators betting on whether or not the price will go even higher. Similar hype surrounding #blackcoinfriday and the multipool drove the price up to the 8000-9000 satoshi range just a few days ago. When that hype died down, the price fell back down to the 7000 range because, despite the multipool still functioning and doing its job, it was really the hype of the multipool and not the multipool itself that brought the price up. So, I guess what I am getting at is, how sustainable do you think "extravagant or intensive publicity or promotion" is? I suspect either one of two things will happen this week:
 After Wednesday the BC hype of the news release dies down and the price corrects again.
 Or, if the news release actually achieves its goal other than the initial hype, the price should be maintained or even continue to rise.

I look forward to finding out, and I am hoping for the 2nd possibility because I hold a fair amount of BC too. I don't think MintCoin needs to or should compare itself to BC,  they are quite different by design. The roller coaster of a ride that BC is surely will attract many more day traders, but slow and steady with a strong foundation being built along the way seems like the way to go in the long term. IMHO. This is why I invested in both. I see great potential in both, for different reasons. Plus, in general, it is a smart move to diversify.

Thank you stormia.

Indeed, I am not looking for a hype or comparison. I just try to explain (or understand) what is going on currently. And I am worried, because I have the fear that, due to the high speed of cryptoworld, many coins will be left behind. I would really hate to see that for MINT because it does not worth it. So, I think that we need fresh ideas, to bring new investors in. These sell walls should be broken and I would say, should be broken soon. And I am not worried so much about the price, I am actually worried about the really low volume. This indicates low interest to me. Let's hope that I am wrong.

moderndezigns

Activity: 56

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 07:31:45 PM

draco71 bla-bla ...

Thank you stormia.

Indeed, I am not looking for a hype or comparison. I just try to explain (or understand) what is going on currently. And I am worried, because I have the fear that, due to the high speed of cryptoworld, many coins will be left behind. I would really hate to see that for MINT because it does not worth it. So, I think that we need fresh ideas, to bring new investors in. These sell walls should be broken and I would say, should be broken soon. And I am not worried so much about the price, I am actually worried about the really low volume. This indicates low interest to me. Let's hope that I am wrong.

You are Wrong
Beaverslayer

Activity: 230

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 08:17:23 PM

There is quite a bit going on behind the scenes with Mintcoin, but to start posting about such things prior to having all the i's dotted and t's crossed would be premature.

The markets and the "Low Volume" is just the way the altcoin world works and there is nothing that anyone can do about that. Unless you hold and control 250BTC and are willing to "Gamble" with them, the sell walls will remain. I myself buy on average 70K Mint a day others are buying as well. The good thing to realize, is that the price is extremely stable compared to a lot of other coins out there.

We have to remember that the vast majority of people involved in the altcoin world, are coin miners, some with thousands upon thousands of dollars invested into mining rigs. These people are not interested in whether a coin lasts more than the time it takes them to turn a profit on it. To make an altcoin succeed to the point where it is accepted as a true  alternative currency will take time and effort, not only from the Developer, but the community as a whole. We have seen this with Dogecoin and their community, as well as Bitcoin and theirs.

I know a lot of people detest Facebook, but it would help a lot to "Like" the Facebook page, as well as the Google+ page and the Reddit page, and join the Mintcoin Talk forum. This all helps to build the community as when others stop by the Facebook page and see that there are thousands of members, it is human nature to want to be a part of that. This is how Dogecoin got to be as big as they are now, one major publicity indecent when they helped to send the Jamaican Bobsled team to Soshi was all it took.

https://www.facebook.com/MintCoin

http://www.reddit.com/r/MintCoin/

http://www.mintcointalk.com/index.php

https://plus.google.com/u/0/116843574211918716580/posts
hyeoam

Activity: 182

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 08:17:50 PM

Charts here: http://crypto-prices.com/MINT

Donate BTC: 1NRG17fYCNcfQvQHC3G9TUAowNKsM4oTWA
draco71

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 08:35:36 PM

There is quite a bit going on behind the scenes with Mintcoin, but to start posting about such things prior to having all the i's dotted and t's crossed would be premature.

The markets and the "Low Volume" is just the way the altcoin world works and there is nothing that anyone can do about that. Unless you hold and control 250BTC and are willing to "Gamble" with them, the sell walls will remain. I myself buy on average 70K Mint a day others are buying as well. The good thing to realize, is that the price is extremely stable compared to a lot of other coins out there.

We have to remember that the vast majority of people involved in the altcoin world, are coin miners, some with thousands upon thousands of dollars invested into mining rigs. These people are not interested in whether a coin lasts more than the time it takes them to turn a profit on it. To make an altcoin succeed to the point where it is accepted as a true  alternative currency will take time and effort, not only from the Developer, but the community as a whole. We have seen this with Dogecoin and their community, as well as Bitcoin and theirs.

I know a lot of people detest Facebook, but it would help a lot to "Like" the Facebook page, as well as the Google+ page and the Reddit page, and join the Mintcoin Talk forum. This all helps to build the community as when others stop by the Facebook page and see that there are thousands of members, it is human nature to want to be a part of that. This is how Dogecoin got to be as big as they are now, one major publicity indecent when they helped to send the Jamaican Bobsled team to Soshi was all it took.

Thank you Beaverslayer. Clear analysis from your side, I can see your point of view.
I like very much the part "There is quite a bit going on behind the scenes with Mintcoin".
Fyi, I also avoid fb as much as possible ...

bramvnl

Activity: 140

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 08:35:44 PM

double ip's are removed from the list

MintCoin.conf

testnet=0
listen=1
addnode=101.224.84.242
addnode=101.226.247.43
addnode=107.170.22.138
addnode=107.170.26.155
addnode=111.126.201.199
addnode=112.66.78.2
addnode=113.167.83.32
addnode=114.141.14.14
addnode=114.236.141.165
addnode=115.187.228.119
addnode=115.28.162.160
addnode=116.23.14.113
addnode=118.123.116.219
addnode=118.208.208.86
addnode=120.144.132.169
addnode=122.178.204.154
addnode=124.169.110.219
addnode=144.76.220.169
addnode=162.243.222.26
addnode=162.243.35.172
addnode=173.25.251.68
addnode=173.26.106.194
addnode=173.69.49.106
addnode=174.139.194.205
addnode=177.140.202.7
addnode=178.217.59.2
addnode=178.222.157.225
addnode=180.141.137.44
addnode=181.165.200.142
addnode=182.239.144.188
addnode=182.39.227.118
addnode=183.100.94.203
addnode=183.25.11.252
addnode=184.154.4.43
addnode=193.242.159.253
addnode=193.77.151.95
addnode=199.200.120.163
addnode=203.208.83.100
addnode=210.49.207.71
addnode=212.247.109.253
addnode=213.67.71.81
addnode=220.168.105.18
addnode=220.253.143.120
addnode=24.166.209.150
addnode=24.57.75.67
addnode=24.84.69.118
addnode=24.86.14.251
addnode=31.7.27.94
addnode=37.59.14.189
addnode=39.190.236.66
addnode=46.208.243.18
addnode=46.4.95.176
addnode=50.171.251.116
addnode=58.254.168.36
addnode=59.40.165.21
addnode=60.166.58.2
addnode=61.182.139.73
addnode=62.194.23.49
addnode=64.58.130.180
addnode=65.25.244.83
addnode=66.18.67.23
addnode=67.141.161.140
addnode=67.180.104.110
addnode=67.191.189.132
addnode=67.191.52.11
addnode=68.145.81.59
addnode=68.146.84.237
addnode=70.180.167.36
addnode=71.204.235.217
addnode=71.56.243.136
addnode=71.72.180.213
addnode=72.191.117.227
addnode=75.143.81.177
addnode=75.174.4.1
addnode=76.91.118.4
addnode=78.20.74.205
addnode=78.30.234.229
addnode=78.83.27.181
addnode=79.103.60.211
addnode=79.111.216.239
addnode=79.166.77.203
addnode=79.17.72.110
addnode=80.229.21.85
addnode=81.17.16.228
addnode=82.131.33.87
addnode=82.233.163.250
addnode=82.73.249.168
addnode=83.53.153.73
addnode=86.125.214.133
addnode=88.213.221.126
addnode=89.173.16.49
addnode=9.207.10.24
addnode=90.148.79.252
addnode=91.61.40.108
addnode=92.108.233.53
addnode=93.103.143.167
addnode=93.152.184.244
addnode=93.91.51.111
addnode=94.123.203.117
addnode=94.254.37.103
addnode=96.18.173.160
addnode=96.244.241.62
addnode=97.81.64.44
addnode=98.177.158.203
addnode=98.207.109.245
addnode=98.255.23.128
addnode=99.245.184.159
addnode=99.250.206.168
maxconnections=100
server=1
daemon=1
rpcuser=yourser
rpcpassword=yourpw
rpcport=12789
rpcconnect=127.0.0.1
deadmanwalking

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 08:44:10 PM

If you are updating now you will have to do a clean install. That means backup your wallet.dat to a safe location, and delete everything mintcoin. When you get the new wallet, place your back up in the appdata folder and launch.

There is a .conf file in the new wallet, don't use unofficial sources for your wallet : http://mintcoin.cc/download-wallet/

Edit: To find your appdata folder- Click Windows button on left bottom of screen and put this in search box: %APPDATA%/MintCoin

\
deadmanwalking

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 08:46:22 PM

Great post. Also, I hear a group of Wall Street associates will be buying Mintcoin all day tomorrow until we reach 100 Satoshi.  Cheesy  Wink

\
drent301

Activity: 132

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 08:53:45 PM

What if we could get Greenpeace to accept gifts in our environment friendly Mintcoin?  Grin

info@wdc.greenpeace.org
bramvnl

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 09:02:20 PM

Great post. Also, I hear a group of Wall Street associates will be buying Mintcoin all day tomorrow until we reach 100 Satoshi.  Cheesy  Wink

uhm... are you sure
bramvnl

View Profile
April 07, 2014, 09:03:15 PM

What if we could get Greenpeace to accept gifts in our environment friendly Mintcoin?  Grin

info@wdc.greenpeace.org

do you have a example of the letter i can send a e-mail to that adress
Pages: « 1 ... 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 [630] 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 ... 1035 »
  Print  

Jump to: