Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 08:27:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 [648] 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 ... 1035 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained]  (Read 1369737 times)
paspi

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 07:22:39 AM

I moved my wallet today because it was on win xp.  It started minting like crazy but one mined transaction still has zero confirms after over 6 hours and it says the net amount is a negative number.  any ideas?  also there are confirmed mints before and after this one

Prob just an orphaned block.  Did one verify after that was roughly the same amount?

The second and third mints after that were about the same amount.  How long til it shows as orphaned?

I think it will just stay the way it is, but never confirm.
That's an orphaned PoS block, it won't confirm anymore. You can ignore the net amount it shows in transaction details.

When you create a PoS block, you send out a transaction back to yourself with an included "negative fee". That negative fee becomes your positive minted amount. If the block gets orphaned, UI shows the sent amount as negative, although there's no change in your balance (or coinage) because nothing's sent or received. It's a display issue in transactions UI and in show transaction details -- they need to display the information with more details not to confuse anyone.

MINT: MdPQhsGufjm5AXYkHebbnF2A155xDqVfK7

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Beaverslayer

Activity: 230

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 07:45:18 AM

You're wrong. Central banks and debt swapping go along with fiat currency, there's no reason why cryptos can't replace them in the long run. To say they will always co-exist implies they will become the same thing. If you can get paid in cryptos and use them for all merchant transactions, then fiat just becomes a relic. On the other hand if institutions start lending you cryptos and courts punish you for not repaying them then the fiat system has just migrated to the digital space.

As much as we all would love for this to happen, it never will as we are witnessing right now with governments (China) Threatening banks if they do business with crypto currency exchanges. I know and understand the "Concept" behind BTC and the rest of the crypto world, but this does not take away from the fact that fiat will always be a government controlled currency.

As far as them becoming the "Same Thing", basically they are. It's no different if I went down to the river and panned a few nuggets of gold, I can then exchange that for fiat, or trade it for goods and services at some places that will accept it for what it's worth....Based on Fiat...

Cryptos will never ever replace fiat currencies, at best, after a very long period of time, they will co-exist with each other at best. I also think that within a year, you'll see far less altcoins still in existence. There are just far too many coins being released every week and this has so much to do with existing coins losing value. It's like the iPhone craze, every so often a new iPhone is released and everyone rushes out to get one, then when the next one comes out, they do it all over again....but where are all those old iPhone's now, and how much are they worth?

Satoshi designed and developed a wonderful thing, the problem being, is that a select few with deep pockets saw the potential to turn it into a means to fill those deep pockets further and now we have to accept that fact and move forward with changes along the way. You are going to see in the next year or so, governments starting to impose regulations on BTC and altcoins, for the simple fact that they want their cut as well, and once this happens, fiat and cryptos are then married to each other.
Kergekoin

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 08:33:38 AM

Anyone wants to get rid of their MINT. Heres a way to trade some for good hardware:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=566238.msg6169027#msg6169027

Smiley

******  NB! The links below are affiliate - friend type links, which bring additional benefits both, to you and me  ******
Binance - Best Crypto Trading Platform          CoinBase - Fastest way from FIAT to Crypto
Windscribe - The quickest and easyest way to secure and anonymize your internet traffic
meelvanchris

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 08:55:17 AM
Last edit: April 11, 2014, 09:07:52 AM by meelvanchris

The entire concept of "Currency" is to create "Value" and that value has to have a common denominator, otherwise it will not work.

Now, if we get into the aspect of the real world economics, then there most definitely has to be a correlation to fiat currency, because the business that imports goods from Japan, China or India will have to pay not only for the goods, but the shipping costs, the excise taxes, as well as import duties and then employee wages to stock and sell those goods. You would never be able to pay all those costs without having a set value to them based on something...somewhere...

No matter what the initial cost if the circle was round then yes you would be able to buy all this with crypto. Let's say I buy product X for 100k Mint. of this 10k would go to shipping, 30 to company, 20 to factory and maybe 5 to worker. Worker would buy food for 2k. And farmer gets his mint for all the products he sells. Then buying fertilizer from my fertelizing company and voila. No need for fiat since everyone accepts mint as legal tender and sets his or her own price based on what others have set for prices and thus what you are able to trade with it.

In the current world of crypto however you are right. Since crypto is used as both a currency as well as an investment there is no way to have a set value (value set by the people accepting and offering) cause one one hand we have a way of trading but on the other it is linked with btc and thus linked with fiat. Investors/traders play the market and thus create and almost always unstable market.

Currency has come a long ways since trading four smooth shiny stones for a dead magpie, and crypto currencies are just another step on that path.  
Definately. It went from shiny stones, to shiny metals, to paper (or stones) backed by metals, to papers linked to each other untill we arrive at today where it is just paper and the person making the paper says how much it is worth/ how much value it has.
example : (yes it was a real bill and wasnt able to buy you more then a bread at one point.)
Zimbabwe dollar doesnt exist anymore but paper still holds value since it has such an absurd number on it it has become a collectors item. So something that had value then didnt, now has real value again simply because people gave it value.

Cryptos will never ever replace fiat currencies, at best, after a very long period of time, they will co-exist with each other at best.
Satoshi designed and developed a wonderful thing, the problem being, is that a select few with deep pockets saw the potential to turn it into a means to fill those deep pockets further and now we have to accept that fact and move forward with changes along the way. You are going to see in the next year or so, governments starting to impose regulations on BTC and altcoins, for the simple fact that they want their cut as well, and once this happens, fiat and cryptos are then married to each other.
Yup yup and yup! I agree wholeheartedly. crypto is still a great idea, but fiat and crypto are already married to each other unfortunately. Soon taxes and rest will follow. But that only brings me back to my original tought. That it could be wise to start looking at crypto as an alternative currency (not as a replacement) Use it to trade for stuff. And not just trade for fiat. As the marriage between crypto and fiat does more harm in my opinion then good. Something can still have value without being linked to a price. (Like a painting can have value but only get a price after an art appraiser hangs a fiat price on it)

And as i stated in my first post starting this Smiley
I realise ofc this is a uthopian thought as we all are in some way driven by greed. And even when trading merchants will look for a price to match a trade. But the more people try to abandon the tought of price the more crypto will flourish as it was once intended.
I get that crypto will never replace fiat in our current world. Like you said will co-exist at best. Just wanted to say that if you can, try not to look to much at how much btc it is currently worth and how much $ btc is currently at and calculate how much you gained/lost.
Just wanted to say, if you can, just look at the merchant section, start there and see what you can trade for your mints.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
   ████████████████████████████████   
     ▀██████████████████████████▀     
        ▀████████████████████▀       
          ████████████████▀         
            █████████████           
            ▀████████████▀           
             ▀██████████▀             
              ██████████             
               ████████               
               ▀██████▀               
                ██████               

trade.io.
██████
██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
██████

▄██████████████████▄
███       ▀███████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███              ██
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███              ███
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
███████████▀ ███████
█████████▀   ███████
███████▀     ██▀ ███
███ ▀▀       █▄▄████
███          █▀▀▀▀██
███ ▄▄       ███████
██████▄     █▄ ▀███
█████████▄   ███▄███
███████████▄ ███████
▀██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
████████████████████
███████████████▀▀ ██
█████████▀▀     ███
████▀▀     ▄█▀   ███
███▄    ▄██      ███
█████████▀      ▄██
█████████▄     ████
█████████████▄ ▄████
████████████████████
▀██████████████████▀
██████
██████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
██████
██████
.Join the Trading Revolution.
coolbeans94

Activity: 613

Mintcoin: Get some

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 09:35:03 AM

Anyone wants to get rid of their MINT. Heres a way to trade some for good hardware:

Smiley

I don't mean to discourage anyone from buying your stuff, because yes, it really is good hardware... But I couldn't help it...it just reminds me of this:

Do you understand now?

Have you finally seen the light?
Mintcoin makes mining obsolete.

(1.) Moral happiness depends upon moral order.
(2.) Moral order depends upon the harmonious action of all our powers, as
individuals and as members of society.
omahapoker

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 09:55:05 AM

mint better do something big or it will slowly go away..
bitalkpl

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 10:39:34 AM

mintcoin must as soon as possible to be free of exchange for BTC
btc only advantage is the easy replacement for Fiats

Counterpartybtc

Activity: 87

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 10:54:34 AM

I'm wondering if there is a bug in the client in how it reports balance. I'm convinced my balance is too high, other users seem to suggest it is too low. I am going to attempt to transfer my MNT to another address tonight to confirm whether it's a true balance.

Bitnet. VkufgUMzowfCZ895GbEsYEnt8vJ2FtEPCF
kriegalex

Activity: 65

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 10:58:06 AM

mintcoin must as soon as possible to be free of exchange for BTC
btc only advantage is the easy replacement for Fiats

Only if we have the same recognized its value
Its price could fly to the moon

YinCoin YangCoin ☯☯First Ever POS/POW Alternator! Multipool! ☯ ☯ http://yinyangpool.com/ 
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623937
Bwincoin - 100% Free POS. BLnpFK2JtPad9k7UiAe5mAxMqmyN44t7xU
kriegalex

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 10:59:59 AM

why does the wallet keep going in and out of sync??

1.7 on Mavericks OSX

When do you updated the wallet? just recently?

is you do so, you must backup first  home  Library/Application\ Support/MintCoin/wallet.dat

Then erase everithing but waller.dat from Library/Application\ Support/MintCoin/

and wait a bit until the blockchain gets downloaded again, Stormia wrote a better guide some post earlier.

If any problem, ask

Thank you for your reminding me
The community can give me to help people or a lot of
Good luck

YinCoin YangCoin ☯☯First Ever POS/POW Alternator! Multipool! ☯ ☯ http://yinyangpool.com/ 
kriegalex

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 11:02:34 AM

ok

i removed the blkindex.dat file from my wallet and now it loads perfectly

the only matter is that i have to reload all the blockchain and my mintcoins
are in unconfirmed status

If you do not delete the blkindex.dat file that will be more perfect
Next time you should ask people in the community to get
Good luck to you

paspi

Activity: 185

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 11:08:42 AM

I'm wondering if there is a bug in the client in how it reports balance. I'm convinced my balance is too high, other users seem to suggest it is too low. I am going to attempt to transfer my MNT to another address tonight to confirm whether it's a true balance.
Did you switch to 1.6->1.7 in time, or late?

If you switched late, you may have to delete your blockchain and redownload it (don't forget to backup your wallet.dat ). You can try running 1.8 first, if it opens without any errors, you don't have to redownload blockchain. 1.8 is better anyway with the coin controls and new checkpoints.

If you're suspicious something is wrong in your balance, open debug window, and type "checkwallet". If it reports problems with your balance, you can run "repairwallet" (just in case, backup your wallet.dat first ). Your wallet may believe some of your orphan PoS blocks might not have orphaned, these commands will check and sync those.

MINT: MdPQhsGufjm5AXYkHebbnF2A155xDqVfK7
KSGuy

Activity: 429

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 01:55:01 PM

Smiley
That would be great if it sold for MINT Smiley
I've already maxed out the slots on my mobo, or I'd consider it
bizzargin

Activity: 424

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 03:54:36 PM

Thank you!

/666
bizzargin

Activity: 424

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 03:55:58 PM

Whoa I actually WENT DOWN the list.   Meaning, ppl in the top 200 are still buying/minting and no selling.

LOVE THIS COIN!
Kergekoin

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 03:58:48 PM

Nice to see, im still safely in top 100.  Cheesy
Top5 is insane lol.

******  NB! The links below are affiliate - friend type links, which bring additional benefits both, to you and me  ******
Binance - Best Crypto Trading Platform          CoinBase - Fastest way from FIAT to Crypto
Windscribe - The quickest and easyest way to secure and anonymize your internet traffic
HEISENAIR

Activity: 490

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 03:58:54 PM

I'm number 45, but my Wallet should be at about 35. Don't know why the blockchain is still recording me with less coins??
Kergekoin

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 04:00:53 PM

I'm number 45, but my Wallet should be at about 35. Don't know why the blockchain is still recording me with less coins??

Because you have several addresses. Most of us do. Open your Coin control window and in tree mode you see all your addresses together with amounts.
If you want to put yourself higher in list, you can simply send all your coins to one adress.

HEISENAIR

Activity: 490

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 04:10:07 PM

Because you have several addresses. Most of us do. Open your Coin control window and in tree mode you see all your addresses together with amounts.
If you want to put yourself higher in list, you can simply send all your coins to one address.

Ay yes Thank you. So I can create a new address and send from my wallet all the balance to that. Is that right?
Counterpartybtc

Activity: 87

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 04:21:06 PM

The markets and the "Low Volume" is just the way the altcoin world works and there is nothing that anyone can do about that. Unless you hold and control 250BTC and are willing to "Gamble" with them, the sell walls will remain. I myself buy on average 70K Mint a day others are buying as well. The good thing to realize, is that the price is extremely stable compared to a lot of other coins out there.

Bitnet. VkufgUMzowfCZ895GbEsYEnt8vJ2FtEPCF
Pages: « 1 ... 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 [648] 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 ... 1035 »
  Print  

Jump to: