Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 02:03:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 [636] 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 ... 1035 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained]  (Read 1369737 times)
deadmanwalking

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 12:16:12 AM

Everyone reading, please consider contacting

1) BTC-e.com I love this exchange. It would be great if they got MINT on it.

2) It would be good to get MINT/$USD at Cryptsy as well, so feel free to email them.

3) Also, Canada's largest and best exchange, CaVirtEx, would really benefit from getting MINT. Be sure to email admin@cavirtex.com to ask them to accept MIN.

I'll fire off some email tonight  Smiley

\

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinFX
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1701

https://youtu.be/DsAVx0u9Cw4 ... Dr. WHO < KLF

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2014, 12:22:46 AM

I've supported Mintcoin from the start, well from around the 2nd week in anyway.  Smiley

Thanks for the heads up. I'm aware of your support, thank you.

Indeed. I've placed the Mintcoin logo on the home pages of my web based proxy sites:

www.xeronet-proxy.org
www.xeronet-proxy.biz
www.xeronet-proxy.info
www.xeronet-proxy.net
www.xeronet-proxy.com

So, some free advertising! Could use a quality 468x60 banner as I'll be adding a bunch into rotation soon for a few alt. coins.  Grin

"Bitcoin OG" 1JXFXUBGs2ZtEDAQMdZ3tkCKo38nT2XSEp | Bitcoin logo™ Enforcer? | Bitcoin is BTC | CSW is NOT Satoshi Nakamoto | I Mine BTC, LTC, ZEC, XMR and GAP | BTC on Tor addnodes Project | Media enquiries : Wu Ming | Enjoy The Money Machine | "You cannot compete with Open Source" and "Cryptography != Banana" | BSV and BCH are COUNTERFEIT.
stormia

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 12:23:50 AM

MINT die ?

MINT is very alive and well. While BTC is done most other altcoins have crashed to low levels. MINT still holds at 13-15 satoshis which says a lot. I was actually surprised it is till holding at this level. I was expecting it to bottom at 9-10 satoshis. MINT surprises me everyday which is why I see that it will rise to really high levels. Cryptocurrencies are very important for society. They will therefore rise again and when they do, BTC prices will go up and so will MINT and by a lot too.

Yup! A gap has opened up at 14 again and it looks like it is being filled with buy orders this time, I wouldn't be surprised if we pushed up to 15+ again especially since things appear to have settled down with Faircoin and BC for the time being. Either way, the stability is impressive considering the strain the market has been feeling due to the state of BTC and the current craze over other coins.
stormia

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 12:27:18 AM

I've supported Mintcoin from the start, well from around the 2nd week in anyway.  Smiley

Indeed. I've placed the Mintcoin logo on the home pages of my web based proxy sites:

www.xeronet-proxy.org
www.xeronet-proxy.biz
www.xeronet-proxy.info
www.xeronet-proxy.net
www.xeronet-proxy.com

So, some free advertising! Could use a quality 468x60 banner as I'll be adding a bunch into rotation soon for a few alt. coins.  Grin

This is great, thank you! Somebody get you a banner!
vtbean79

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 12:27:29 AM

I need help.  I just opened my wallet today for minting and noticed that it's not syncing anymore.  Then I saw the mandatory update to 1.7 wallet (i'm on 1.5 now) in OP and need your help.  I'm a tech newb and I'd appreciate if anyone can take me step by step process on how to update wallet.  Safest method will be appreciated.  Thanks in advance!
David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2014, 12:30:16 AM

If you want to use it before officially confirmed:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ibwj1p88q340tg9/Mintcoin%20with%20CC.zip
Uploaded on http://mintcoin-central.com/downloads/ (with AV link) Thanks Kergekoin!

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
brokedummy
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 12:38:11 AM

I need help.  I just opened my wallet today for minting and noticed that it's not syncing anymore.  Then I saw the mandatory update to 1.7 wallet (i'm on 1.5 now) in OP and need your help.  I'm a tech newb and I'd appreciate if anyone can take me step by step process on how to update wallet.  Safest method will be appreciated.  Thanks in advance!

You need to make sure you can see hidden files and folders on your operating system. then go to your users/appdata/mintcoin folder and backup your wallet.dat somewhere. Then delete all the other files leaving behind only your super important wallet.dat file. Then run the updated mintcoin client.
WALKEN-COIN

Activity: 269
Merit: 250

Parsec Frontiers Pre-Sale 24.01.2018

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2014, 12:40:05 AM

Due to the relative stability, I am beginning to see it as a high-interest savings account!

"I'd Rather Make Mine MINTCOIN!"

There's another slogan. =P

███
           ██▀██
          ██   ██
▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██     ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄
████████▄   ███    █████████▄   █████████  █████████▀  █████████
███   ▀██  █████   ███   ▀███  ████▀       ███        ███▀   ▀███
███   ▄█▀ ███▀███  ███   ▄███  ████▄▄▄     ███▄▄▄▄▄  ███       ▀
███████▀ ███   ███ ▀████████▀   ▀███████   ████████  ███
███▀▀▀  ███     ███ ▀█▀▀███     ▄   ▀▀███  ███       ███       ▄
███    ███       ███ ▀   ███   ███▄▄▄▄███  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███▄   ▄███
███   ███ ▄█████▄ ███     ███  ▀███████▀   ██████████  █████████
                   ███                                   ▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███  ▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████████▄ ███ ▀██████    ████    █████████████████  ██████████  █████████▄   █████████
███        ███    ▀█▄ ███    ▀███   █████   ███    ███    ███  ███         ███   ▀███  ████▀
███        ███    ▄██  ███     ███  ██████  ███    ███    ███  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███   ▄███  ████▄▄▄
████████████████████▀ ▄ ███    ███  ███ ███ ███    ███    ███  ██████████  █████████▀   ▀███████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀▀███   █▄ ███  ███   ███  ██████    ███    ███  ███         ███▀▀███     ▄   ▀▀███
███        ███   ███   █▄ ███ ▀█    ███   █████    ███    ███  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███   ███   ███▄▄▄▄███
███        ███    ███   ▀  ▀█▀      ███    ████    ███    ███  ██████████  ███    ███  ▀███████▀

███
    ███
███ ███ ███
    ▀▀▀  ██
███████████
██  ▄▄▄
███ ███ ███
    ▀▀▀  ██
███████████
██  ▄▄▄
███ ███ ███
    ███
    ███

███
    ███
███ ███ ███
██  ▀▀▀
███████████
    ▄▄▄  ██
███ ███ ███
██  ▀▀▀
███████████
    ▄▄▄  ██
███ ███ ███
    ███
    ███
[]
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Discord
Facebook
Twitter
vtbean79

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 12:45:35 AM

You need to make sure you can see hidden files and folders on your operating system. then go to your users/appdata/mintcoin folder and backup your wallet.dat somewhere. Then delete all the other files leaving behind only your super important wallet.dat file. Then run the updated mintcoin client.

"Then delete all other files.."  Do you mean all the files in users/appdata/mintcoin folder (except wallet.dat) and then download/run the 1.7 wallet?
brokedummy
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 12:47:17 AM

"Then delete all other files.."  Do you mean all the files in users/appdata/mintcoin folder (except wallet.dat) and then download/run the 1.7 wallet?

Yup you should have a mintcoin folder with just your wallet.dat and then run version 1.7
stormia

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 12:47:42 AM

Hey vtbean, I'll do the best I can!

First thing you will want to do is backup your wallet.dat file. Back it up in multiple locations (you should keep it backed up at multiple locations all the time- you only need to reback it up whenever you add a new address to the wallet). You can back it up from within your wallet using file => backup wallet.

Now you will want to  find your "roaming" folder. First, make sure you can see hidden files and folders. Then, to find the "roaming" folder, if you are using windows, search for %appdata% in the search bar on the start tab (I'm not sure how to find it on a mac/linux, but I imagine it is an analogous process). Once you have located your "roaming" folder, locate the "MintCoin" folder within it. Delete everything from this folder except for your wallet.dat file (it would be fine if you did delete it since you backed up the wallet.dat file elsewhere, but there is no need to delete it so don't take the risk).

Now that everything is deleted, except for your wallet.dat file, download and run the new v1.7 wallet. You will need to download the entire blockchain again.

Edit: well that took too long for me to type, looks like others already covered it  Grin
vtbean79

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 01:12:24 AM

Hey vtbean, I'll do the best I can!

First thing you will want to do is backup your wallet.dat file. Back it up in multiple locations (you should keep it backed up at multiple locations all the time- you only need to reback it up whenever you add a new address to the wallet). You can back it up from within your wallet using file => backup wallet.

Now you will want to  find your "roaming" folder. First, make sure you can see hidden files and folders. Then, to find the "roaming" folder, if you are using windows, search for %appdata% in the search bar on the start tab (I'm not sure how to find it on a mac/linux, but I imagine it is an analogous process). Once you have located your "roaming" folder, locate the "MintCoin" folder within it. Delete everything from this folder except for your wallet.dat file (it would be fine if you did delete it since you backed up the wallet.dat file elsewhere, but there is no need to delete it so don't take the risk).

Now that everything is deleted, except for your wallet.dat file, download and run the new v1.7 wallet. You will need to download the entire blockchain again.

Edit: well that took too long for me to type, looks like others already covered it  Grin

Haha.  Yeah but thanks anyways.  Mintcoin has good community!  =)
vtbean79

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 01:13:25 AM

Yup you should have a mintcoin folder with just your wallet.dat and then run version 1.7

Thanks!  Looks like it worked!  =)
moderndezigns

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 01:29:38 AM

www.xeronet-proxy.org
www.xeronet-proxy.biz
www.xeronet-proxy.info
www.xeronet-proxy.net
www.xeronet-proxy.com

This is great, thank you! Somebody get you a banner!

Yes if someone can help create a professional Mintcoin banner for BitcoinFX that would be great!  Thanks for all your support BitcoinFX
fgtlss

Activity: 182

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 01:31:04 AM
Last edit: April 09, 2014, 06:27:48 AM by fgtlss

"Then delete all other files.."  Do you mean all the files in users/appdata/mintcoin folder (except wallet.dat) and then download/run the 1.7 wallet?

yes, but pleas backup your wallet.bat, and then delete alll other files(all the files in users/appdata/mintcoin folder (except wallet.dat) ), otherwise your mintcoin will disappear.

at last, download/run the 1.7 version wallet.

Get Daily Free SignatureCoins. Sm2HXeroFtVQSij285cQXDVoqVisL9RFZW
coolbeans94

Activity: 613
Merit: 500

Mintcoin: Get some

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 01:57:00 AM

Due to the relative stability, I am beginning to see it as a high-interest savings account!
Yep. I am planning and hoping the prices stay at these levels long enough for me to buy ~30,000,000 coins in a few weeks which will generate ~$30 a month at current prices of 15 sats. If more people do the same thing, the price will start really going up and keep rising, and if the coin goes from 15 satoshis to 30 satoshis that is $60 per month, which I think could easily happen. It could even go a lot higher! Mintcoin could make mining obsolete.

(1.) Moral happiness depends upon moral order.
(2.) Moral order depends upon the harmonious action of all our powers, as
individuals and as members of society.
stormia

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 02:15:19 AM
Last edit: April 09, 2014, 02:29:34 AM by stormia

Yep. I am planning and hoping the prices stay at these levels long enough for me to buy ~30,000,000 coins in a few weeks which will generate ~$30 a month at current prices of 15 sats. If more people do the same thing, the price will start really going up and keep rising, and if the coin goes from 15 satoshis to 30 satoshis that is $60 per month, which I think could easily happen. It could even go a lot higher! Mintcoin could make mining obsolete.

I agree completely, I don't think the majority of people have realized the potential of Mint in this sense. Because of the interest you gain, you do not need constant pumping of prices to make a ROI. Which means, you can have a stable price and still make profits. Stability is great for merchants, profits are great for investors. It is a win-win in this sense. I don't see many other coins which offer this scenario (aside from the straight copys of Mint).

Of course once more people catch on to this and the other great features of this coin/community, then like you said the price will increase and the ROI will be even greater Smiley
greentea
Legendary

Activity: 1418
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 02:28:24 AM

nice way to look at it ... this concept needs to get out more, maybe a chart with different coin amounts with price at different levels saying how much you make in passive income Smiley

NEM   NanoWallet   SuperNodes   Apostille   Landstead   Catapult   Mijin
▃▃▃▅▅▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▅▅▅▃▃▃
moderndezigns

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 02:49:12 AM

nice way to look at it ... this concept needs to get out more, maybe a chart with different coin amounts with price at different levels saying how much you make in passive income Smiley

Yes that is a good idea. That's how I always envisioned my investment as well as passive income. A chart would be good to help people visualize and get an idea how great Mintcoin really is
dogechode

Activity: 182

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 02:56:00 AM

Man I hope it goes higher than 15 sat lol 30 million coins just to make $30 a month is a little ridiculous
Pages: « 1 ... 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 [636] 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 ... 1035 »
  Print  

Jump to: