Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:37:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 [269] 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 ... 1035 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained]  (Read 1369739 times)
bwcainmay

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 08:03:26 PM

Anyone else had issues with http://mint.hashrapid.com/ ?
They changed servers, kept previously mined coins on the old server (apparently), wouldn't send a password reset email when my password didn't work, locked me out of my account after my password was apparently incorrect, and don't reply to support requests. Looking very much like they're trying to pull a fast one.

DO NOT MINE ON ANY HASH RAPIDS POOL. THEY WILL FUCK YOU OVER AND THEY NEVER REPLY TO SUPPORT EMAILS. THEY USED THE WALLET UPGRADE EXCUSE AND ENDED UP WITH OVER 9K OF MY MINT AS WELL AS OTHERS MINT.

And yes I checked the other ip they listed to only see 1k of my already confirmed 10K Mint when they where having issues.

The pool is perfectly fine.   The previous wallet had serious issues, and it is very known.  Just search in the thread, prior to 1.3 many pools experienced CORRUPT blkindex files.  

So contact me here if you have an issue with a private message.

What happened to my 9k mint coins, and why not reply to support emails? I will link you to the thread insinuating the pool is scamming people as I am not the only one that had missing coins, and yes they were all confirmed.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=475035.0
Same thing for me with Hashrapid. I had 31000coins on the old server that never reached my wallet after I cashed them out on the old server.
I just sent an email to them for clarification. I'll post again with an update on that, good or bad.

I switched to HashStrike because of problems I was having with HashRapid about a week ago. Haven't had a problems since.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
broken_pixel

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 08:03:34 PM

They changed servers, kept previously mined coins on the old server (apparently), wouldn't send a password reset email when my password didn't work, locked me out of my account after my password was apparently incorrect, and don't reply to support requests. Looking very much like they're trying to pull a fast one.

DO NOT MINE ON ANY HASH RAPIDS POOL. THEY WILL FUCK YOU OVER AND THEY NEVER REPLY TO SUPPORT EMAILS. THEY USED THE WALLET UPGRADE EXCUSE AND ENDED UP WITH OVER 9K OF MY MINT AS WELL AS OTHERS MINT.

And yes I checked the other ip they listed to only see 1k of my already confirmed 10K Mint when they where having issues.

And these types of things are what Gov's/Banks will use to implement Crypto-Regs - thus destroying the crypto-market , if they can (for everyone but themselves). Unfortunately they have been dumbing down, and removing all sense of personal responsibility from the sheeple for decades now. To the extent where average people think someone else needs to take care of things for them. I know people in here are generally more informed than your average John Q./Suzie Q. Public, but, for anyone just getting into this, please be insanely cautious with whom you deal. This is one of the last unregulated markets there is. We do not want this to go away. If you get screwed - you are screwed. Know that now, and take precautions. This is freedom. With freedom comes responsibility. It's on you. Be careful, and stay free.

Don't know why I felt the need to post this, but I really did feel the need, so I went with it.

</lecture>

Peace!
Fuck the Fed the Government all the greedy asshat Corporations and the politicians who are fed money to create laws in favor of protecting & benefiting them.

They can never regulate open source.

GA-990FXA-UD5, 1x 7970L, 2x S1, AX1200i, RIVBE, 2x R290x, NEX1500, BTC: 1G9cQix8bMgh35MQ9wY3Rb9yNSSCtnoRmK, DGC: DFo9FcKYsutv9Vx5c5xUzkrt7VJdECZWTM, LTC: LaAN33aktPGaimN5ALL9kjHjuJekfmKfTh
coinking
Legendary

Activity: 927
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 08:09:49 PM

Iam thinking of this coin for a couple of days.

It this right?:
I think the coin is only / the most interesting for the early adopters or miners.
The biggest shares are divided in the first weeks...

Exactly like any other coin. With which coin do you get more from mining as time and difficulty increases?

Exactly none.

I'll make a Tulipcoin. The block reward halves every 10k blocks for the first 100000 blocks and then doubles every 10k blocks for the next 100000 blocks.

that's a good idea! get at me! Smiley

.TeleX  AI.
▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████████▄
▄████████████████▄
████████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████████████
▀████████████████▀
▀████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀
Store
▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████████▄
▄████████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀█████
████████████░░░░░█████
███████▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀██████
███████░░░░░██▄▄▄▄▄███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄██░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░██████▀███████
████████████▀░░░░░░░▀█████
███████████░░░░░░░░░▄█████
████████▀████████▄██████
█████▀░░░░░░░▀████████
████▄░░░░░░░░░██████
▀████▄███████████▀
▀████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀
Send/Receive
▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████████▄
▄████░███████████▄
██████░███░█████████
███████░███░██████████
███████░░░██░███████░███
████████░░░█░░░██░███░████
████████░░░█░░░██░███░████
█████░██░░░██░██░░░█░░░███
█████░██░░░██░███░██░░░███
█████░██░░░██░███░██░░░███
███░░░██░███████░███░███
██░░░██░███████░██████
█░░░████████████████
░░░██████████████▀
▀████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀
Trade
coolbeans94

Activity: 613

Mintcoin: Get some

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 08:21:48 PM

"If they are held on an exchange, the exchange gets the interest."

Well, that sucks ..

That would be the same as my stock broker getting my dividends
rather than crediting them to my account ..

I don't see why an exchange shouldn't be required to pass thru
any income earned by their client's coin holdings ..

They're just functioning as an 'agent' correct ??

Triff ..

No. The exchange does not get the interest. When you mint your coins they are staked down for a period of time making them illiquid, so exchanges could not do this without risking delaying withdrawals.

(1.) Moral happiness depends upon moral order.
(2.) Moral order depends upon the harmonious action of all our powers, as
individuals and as members of society.
coolbeans94

Activity: 613

Mintcoin: Get some

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 08:24:47 PM

"If they are held on an exchange, the exchange gets the interest."

Well, that sucks ..

That would be the same as my stock broker getting my dividends
rather than crediting them to my account ..

I don't see why an exchange shouldn't be required to pass thru
any income earned by their client's coin holdings ..

They're just functioning as an 'agent' correct ??

Triff ..

No. The exchange does not get the interest. When you mint your coins they are staked down for a period of time making them illiquid, so exchanges could not do this without risking delaying withdrawals.

There is still a lot more volume right now than this time last week. This is just the calm before the storm.

(1.) Moral happiness depends upon moral order.
(2.) Moral order depends upon the harmonious action of all our powers, as
individuals and as members of society.
David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2014, 08:28:59 PM

Hello to the community,

We are looking for translators for mintcoin.cc. Please PM me for application.

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
bizzargin

Activity: 424
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 08:29:55 PM

I haven't updated my windows wallet since launch.  Is the new one only for those with syncing issues?  Mine is working fine right now but I'm curious if there were other additions in the wallet.

Cheers
arandy

Activity: 336

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 08:36:46 PM

For everyone having doubts if the POS intrest thing actually works i just noticed  a POS block when looking in the block explorer.
http://mintcoin-explorer.info/block/3679766561ec99bfe8ab2be6c64ba94b91c14424283b8d9162be849a6c261eb0

All blocks with difficulty 0 are POS blocks
http://mintcoin-explorer.info/chain/MintCoin

Let the minting begin
Dallas5

Activity: 364

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2014, 08:42:52 PM

For everyone having doubts if the POS intrest thing actually works i just noticed  a POS block when looking in the block explorer.
http://mintcoin-explorer.info/block/3679766561ec99bfe8ab2be6c64ba94b91c14424283b8d9162be849a6c261eb0

All blocks with difficulty 0 are POS blocks
http://mintcoin-explorer.info/chain/MintCoin

Let the minting begin

Nice, everyone's talking about features. Well this, POS, is a great feature! Just watch upcoming coins and see how many new ones will follow with a PoW ending in a PoS. (then come back and send me mintcoins  Wink )

mgburks77

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 08:54:37 PM

Agreed, I think PoS will definitely replace the more cumbersome PoW. And in time something will replace PoS as well.

But for now...
mgburks77

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 09:01:01 PM

And these types of things are what Gov's/Banks will use to implement Crypto-Regs - thus destroying the crypto-market , if they can (for everyone but themselves). Unfortunately they have been dumbing down, and removing all sense of personal responsibility from the sheeple for decades now. To the extent where average people think someone else needs to take care of things for them. I know people in here are generally more informed than your average John Q./Suzie Q. Public, but, for anyone just getting into this, please be insanely cautious with whom you deal. This is one of the last unregulated markets there is. We do not want this to go away. If you get screwed - you are screwed. Know that now, and take precautions. This is freedom. With freedom comes responsibility. It's on you. Be careful, and stay free.

Don't know why I felt the need to post this, but I really did feel the need, so I went with it.

</lecture>

Peace!

Well said. The greatest risks and the greatest opportunities have always existed at the fringes of the human domain.

This is the electronic frontier. Let's not fence it all in just yet, eh?
coinsmany

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 09:01:56 PM

</lecture>

Peace!

This is a good point, although now I'm going to make a point about what it's like to operate a pool.

Operating a pool is hard, not easy, and if it was everyone would do it.     The software that many pool operators use is open source and everyday many commits are made because there always new bugs/issues found.   The process of allocating shares for hash rates, the many different processes that have to be running, it's hardly a simple task to maintain.   Not only this, but many new coins that are laucnhed have inherit issues in the wallet themselves.  So this causes corrupt block index files and wreaks havoc on the system.

It's easy to just point your miner.

Not only does a pool owner have to maintain this complex system, but then you have to deal with constant DDOS attacks and other security issues.  
Ioqua

Activity: 132
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 09:02:14 PM

So the bit I don't quite compute yet is with pow you have the incentive to hash the networks transactions, if everyone's just sat there getting coins by pos what's the incentive for people to hash the transaction data?
vdaevski

Activity: 70

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2014, 09:04:08 PM

EarnCryptoCoins

MintCoin Faucet
Pays from 2.00 to 5.00 MINT per hour.
Payouts are done automatically on 00:00 server time at 1 MINT minimum.
10% referral earnings.

DONATIONS
MnvCAq8xeeEBMmiCY8ftrf1d4YjRJ5zg53

(After donating please send us message here with TXID, short title(40chars maximum) and a link so we can publish them in the donations sections on coin page)

mgburks77

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 09:04:30 PM

So the bit I don't quite compute yet is with pow you have the incentive to hash the networks transactions, if everyone's just sat there getting coins by pos what's the incentive for people to hash the transaction data?
Proof-of-stake is a method of securing a cryptocurrency network through requesting users to show ownership of a certain amount of currency. It is different from proof-of-work systems that run hashing algorithms to validate electronic transactions. It is most commonly used as a supplement to proof-of-work in Peercoin[1] and a few other electronic currencies.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proof-of-stake
MiNFoX

Activity: 95

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 09:08:21 PM

Can anyone see if they can solve this I would be appreciative.

1. I downloaded wallet.
2. sent mintcoins my wallet.
3. encrypted wallet
4. put that code in the console walletpassphrase <passphrase> <unlock_duration_in_seconds> true

That locked my wallet.

Now my wallet is permanently locked.
I cannot unlock it, I cannot change my passphrase, and obviously, I cannot send coins
And when i put that code back in the console I get:

Error: The wallet passphrase entered was incorrect. (code -14)

What is this?

Help guide for the minting !

Open you wallet, if it's not synchronized go to the first page of this thread. If it is, then go to  Help -> Debug window -> console

write this in :

walletpassphrase <passphrase> <unlock_duration_in_seconds> true

where

<passphrase> = your pass  
<unlock_duration_in_seconds> = 9999999

FAQ

1.How can I be sure that I am minting right now my MintCoins ?

Answer :

I don't have anymore "minting suspended due to locked wallet" in the bottom left corner of my wallet. But on the right bottom corner of my wallet I have green opened padlock, which says: "Wallet is encrypted and currently unlocked"

2.Must I type: "walletpassphrase <passphrase> <unlock_duration_in_seconds> true" every time when I restart my wallet? If I keep it close permanently will I minting my coins?

Answer :

If you keep your wallet close it's ok - you are minting , but you must open it every month or so and put the code in the console again.

If my post helped you, you can tip me : MINT : MXR6TvfdmRTEbyj5hRTPggaYHwBDBsygGX       BTC : 1FXRvLsfh8rWQiWDxfARHGBXinnq2XV6Ur    
DougB62

Activity: 672

Banned: For Your Protection

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 09:09:47 PM

</lecture>

Peace!

This is a good point, although now I'm going to make a point about what it's like to operate a pool.

Operating a pool is hard, not easy, and if it was everyone would do it.     The software that many pool operators use is open source and everyday many commits are made because there always new bugs/issues found.   The process of allocating shares for hash rates, the many different processes that have to be running, it's hardly a simple task to maintain.   Not only this, but many new coins that are laucnhed have inherit issues in the wallet themselves.  So this causes corrupt block index files and wreaks havoc on the system.

It's easy to just point your miner.

Not only does a pool owner have to maintain this complex system, but then you have to deal with constant DDOS attacks and other security issues.  

I wasn't intending to attack anyone personally. Perhaps I should have posted this on it's own, instead of "pinning" it to a specific post.

It was only meant as a general piece of advice. No offense was intended.

That said - I do understand that there is a lot that goes into operating a pool. I don't envy anyone who takes on a busy one. I'll just mine and trade!  Grin
Alakazam2000

Activity: 98

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 09:11:29 PM

So tomorrow we have the third reward halving?
MaxMinersNet

Activity: 392

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 09:12:59 PM

We are proud to announce our new Mintcoin Pool:

0% Fee
Only 0.1 mnt withdrawal fees

Automatic Payouts every minute !
DDoS protected
Best EU/US connectivity
Stratum on Port 7890 with Variable Difficulty
Bonuses will be started as soon as first Block has been found !

Check it out now and get your Scrypt Miners in:
https://mint.maxminers.net

1000 MNT Bonus per Block Finder !!!
DougB62

Activity: 672

Banned: For Your Protection

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 09:13:57 PM

So tomorrow we have the third reward halving?

Yes 2pm EST - 7pm UTC - (I believe that this is correct - If not, someone correct me.)
Pages: « 1 ... 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 [269] 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 ... 1035 »
  Print  

Jump to: