Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 12:38:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 [338] 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 ... 1035 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained]  (Read 1369739 times)
deadmanwalking

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 03:56:17 AM

Bitcoin development is headed by Gavin Andresen, Litecoin by Charles Lee, Dogecoin by Jackson Palmer.  Say what you want about these coins, at least their developers are willing to associate their real names with the projects.
The developer\inventor of bitcoin goes by the name Satoshi and is anonymous.

Satoshi hasn't been involved with Bitcoin since 2010.  Development is currently headed by Gavin Andresen.  If the shit hits the fan with Bitcoin, as it did with the recent "transaction malleability" problems, people don't look to Satoshi for accountability, they look to Gavin.

Whatever you say, so I guess we should all sell our bitcoin because the developer bailed. Also, what development? Bitcoin is a mature coin, having been mined for 3 years.

\
Crindon

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 03:57:59 AM

Please show me link leading to where the developer asked for 5 million Mintcoin.

Any luck finding the link from the developer asking for 5 million Mint?HuhHuh??

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=450381.msg5448984#msg5448984

Response:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=450381.msg5449312#msg5449312
Collegestudent

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

The blockchain is the future

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 04:02:11 AM

I am still holding on, remember every Crypto currency goes through this phrase and then comes back bouncing. bitcoin reached $32 before crashing back down to $2. As far as I can see most of the 'shitcoins' like aurora coin are bouncing up so if some of you dumbfks wanna go to those coins noones stopping you. But remember that everything has its ups and downs and it is unjust to accuse the devs for nothing. You have to factor in the whales who also want to get in making smart moves that cause them to double or triple their money. Phillip VDwindle I saw your message with the devs but we beleive in Karma could also mean that "what comes up goes down" and vice versa. Remember that the devs are doing a lot of development and we must not lose faith in them (Im counting my lifesaving on you guys). unlike wolong they have a plan. The premine justifies their point because even they have to live its not like they live in a hut. They have a family like all of you. When this coin increased 20fold where were you FUDs? Corrections always happen remember Citibank almost died in the 1970s but it is a very top class bank right now.
bgs1154

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 04:03:05 AM

From the MINTCOIN forum regarding the site being down.

http://www.mintcointalk.com/index.php/topic,50.0.html

Re: Mintcoin.cc , new fresh official website !
« Reply #11 on: Today at 12:31:22 AM »

website seems to be down?
    getting a "Error establishing a database connection"

We are aware of it and working on it.
Task manager - Mintcoin Team
Mint me: Mf6cBvA6jR6vUjH3W86vsNuohXXqpLeobc

Please show me link leading to where the developer asked for 5 million Mintcoin.

This is the wishlist on the mintcoin talk

I will mostly add other people's request.

Nicer logo (on the way)
Nicer slogan (done)
Nicer typo for the title
Nicer wallet
Automint (useless in two weeks?)
More agreements with charities? (Mintcoin foundation)
A fiat exchange, (dev will raise it higher on priority if the community shows interest by giving 5 millions MINT)
Simple button to unlock wallet for minting (link)
Multi-wallet functionality (one for saving\minting, one for spending) (link 1,  link 2))
Lists of Coin age for different groupings of coins (link)
Fix the lag problem (link)
Simpler setup for wallet (link).
Android wallet (link) - there is a bounty for it.

http://www.mintcointalk.com/index.php/topic,263.0.html
flounderella

Activity: 350

Bitcoin Evengelist

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 04:04:39 AM

Bitcoin development is headed by Gavin Andresen, Litecoin by Charles Lee, Dogecoin by Jackson Palmer.  Say what you want about these coins, at least their developers are willing to associate their real names with the projects.

Satoshi hasn't been involved with Bitcoin since 2010.  Development is currently headed by Gavin Andresen.  If the shit hits the fan with Bitcoin, as it did with the recent "transaction malleability" problems, people don't look to Satoshi for accountability, they look to Gavin.

Whatever you say, so I guess we should all sell our bitcoin because the developer bailed. Also, what development? Bitcoin is a mature coin, having been mined for 3 years.

Maybe you haven't been involved with btc core development team. There are a number of ongoing projects

https://bitcoin.org/en/development
flounderella

Activity: 350

Bitcoin Evengelist

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 04:05:55 AM

I am still holding on, remember every Crypto currency goes through this phrase and then comes back bouncing. bitcoin reached $32 before crashing back down to $2. As far as I can see most of the 'shitcoins' like aurora coin are bouncing up so if some of you dumbfks wanna go to those coins noones stopping you. But remember that everything has its ups and downs and it is unjust to accuse the devs for nothing. You have to factor in the whales who also want to get in making smart moves that cause them to double or triple their money. Phillip VDwindle I saw your message with the devs but we beleive in Karma could also mean that "what comes up goes down" and vice versa. Remember that the devs are doing a lot of development and we must not lose faith in them (Im counting my lifesaving on you guys). unlike wolong they have a plan. The premine justifies their point because even they have to live its not like they live in a hut. They have a family like all of you. When this coin increased 20fold where were you FUDs? Corrections always happen remember Citibank almost died in the 1970s but it is a very top class bank right now.

Citi almost died again in 2009 and required billions in bailout ... but yeah its back now thanks to taxpayer paid bailouts
deadmanwalking

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 04:08:51 AM

Maybe you haven't been involved with btc core development team. There are a number of ongoing projects

https://bitcoin.org/en/development
Touche.

\
221b

Activity: 4

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 04:09:51 AM

I don't know why some of you are insulting others, when they ask questions, which should be answered.

Here's the link, where the developer asks about 5 million coins for the MINT/USD exchange https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=450381.msg5449463#msg5449463

The 700 million premine wallet shows already 0 coins http://mintcoin-explorer.info/address/MpkWtkFfAUgSumHeTRP1XAW2bGMJQYQ6Ud
The dev might have moved it to different wallets or sold them off, so nobody can track he coins whereabouts.

If you consider PoS a 1% premine is effectively more than 3%. And if you think about the PoW phase, in which only around 20 billion coins are mined, it's even more!

I think the dev used the premine to pump the coin, make some profit and establish his new Mintpal exchange.

Here's my analysis on this https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=497029.0

Furthermore the dev started trolling:
Time to panic sell. Devs have bailed on us...

Yeah sell everything!

I also sent a pm to mintcointeam regarding the premine, his reaction was very weird.

https://i.imgur.com/PXSDsUT.png
https://i.imgur.com/rxLZoGi.png

This is not looking good.
jany8293

Activity: 56

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 04:11:51 AM

I came out of lurk-mode and made an account to say that, damn you trolls crack me up. It's funny to think that either your lives are so empty that you have fun doing something so pointless as trolling a coin, or that your strategy is so misled and stupid that you waste your time doing something so pointless as trolling a coin. The cherry on top is that it's YOUR time that you're wasting, not ours. Think about that one for a bit.

Shaking out weak hands, obviously, lol
deadmanwalking

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 04:13:01 AM

Thanks for posting. Well, that is indeed fucked up, developers can defend themselves from here on out. Preferably with some action:

New wallet, new merchants, more details, etc...

I didn't spend much to attain the coin I have, but I certainly wouldn't fault anyone for selling at this point.

\
PCJargon

Activity: 126

Smashing rocks with my GPU

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 04:14:59 AM

I think the dev used the premine to pump the coin, make some profit and establish his new Mintpal exchange.
It's easy to ignore your whole post when you state info that is misinformed, and been stated a million times that it's not true. Roll Eyes

Check out this site for legit free BTC. It's like an hourly free lottery ticket that always pays out at least 300 satoshi, and could net you over .3 BTC if you're really lucky. Just gotta fill out a captcha each time. (basically a faucet with chance of real reward)
http://freebitco.in/?r=242778
andyatcrux
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 04:15:24 AM

Time to panic sell. Devs have bailed on us...

Correct me if i'm wrong.  The dev's had 700 million coins premine for development/promotions.  They have not accounted for any of this publicly (fine, w/e).  A few posts back they asked for 5 million from the community to get some Mintcoin/USD exchange going.  Basically this says there is no development coin left.  The way I see it, if there is no coin left for development/promotion then they must have been the ones that dumped and killed their own coin for profit.  Try not to flame.  If you see this differently then please logically explain your arguments.

I have sold 3/4 of my coin to pay for the power/time from mining all this.  The last 1/4 I will probably hold onto in case the community continues to adopt this coin as we don't have to worry about the already spent pre-mine destroying the value a second time.

I don't mean to sound all negative here.  This is my personal interpretation of what has happened since this coins launch.

Oh, and on another note, this has also scared me away from 'zeitcoin' after seeing the exact same setup and a 'Minting suspended due to locked wallet' message within their wallet.  Maybe i'm just paranoid.

Well... that's my 2 satoshis on the situation.

The wallet suspended message goes back to Peercoin as a POS wallet. That is normal. It is just letting you know you need to unlock the wallet for the minting process to take place. Jeebus people, there is no where near the volume to indicate that a dumping of hundreds of millions of coins has taken place in the last two days. Sell if you all feel the need to, but I strongly recommend you compare the actual development of this coin and the work put into it before comparing it to other coins that ended up as scams. The coin will bounce back after all the weak hands have left the room.
lumeire
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1009

Next-Gen Trade Racing Metaverse

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 04:20:42 AM

Nicer logo (on the way)
Nicer slogan (done)
Nicer typo for the title
Nicer wallet
A fiat exchange, (dev will raise it higher on priority if the community shows interest by giving 5 millions MINT)
Multi-wallet functionality (one for saving\minting, one for spending) (link 1,  link 2))

David is not part of the core development team (the OP here). He is part of the community founded dev team, which includes Shibeon (reddit mod), alty (website mod), FX (marketing), all the mintcointalk staff, and more. We don't have access to the premine, but we receive support from the core dev team, including all the giveaways held, bounties paid, and more everytime we ask.

▄▄████████▄▄           ▄▄████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄   ▄▄████████████████▄▄
  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
 ▄█████▀            ▀█  ▄█████▀            ▀█████▄
▄█████▀                ▄█████▀    ▄▄        ▀█████▄
█████▌                 █████▌     ████▄▄     ▐█████
█████▌                 █████▌     ████▀▀     ▐█████
▀█████▄      ▄▄▄      █████▀      ▀▀        ▄█████▀
 ▀█████▄▄   █████    █████▀  █▄            ▄█████▀
  ▀██████████████ ██████▀▀  █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀███████████ ████▀    ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀███████ ▀▀           ▀▀████████▀▀
            ▀███▀
|
..NEXT-GEN TRADE RACING METAVERSE..
|   WEBSITE   |   TELEGRAM   |   TWITTER   |   MEDIUM   |
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
deadmanwalking

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 04:24:14 AM

From the OP...

\
futile-resistance

Activity: 840
Merit: 516

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 04:24:42 AM

The fun part of all of this is that although mintcoin has dropped in value, it's gone from 22nd to 20th market cap on coinmarketcap. Honestly, it's trade volume looks pretty good.
Collegestudent

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

The blockchain is the future

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 04:26:12 AM

Nicer logo (on the way)
Nicer slogan (done)
Nicer typo for the title
Nicer wallet

David is not part of the core development team (the OP here). He is part of the community founded dev team, which includes Shibeon (reddit mod), alty (website mod), FX (marketing), all the mintcointalk staff, and more. We don't have access to the premine, but we receive support from the core dev team, including all the giveaways held, bounties paid, and more everytime we ask.

do not worry I still support you. This is just testing my faith on this coin and please dont put me down. I still havent abandoned on my expectation that this coin will become atleast the minimum 150 satoshis.
acceptance2

Activity: 453

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2014, 04:29:04 AM

Mintpal transfer?

I've been waiting about an hour for a transfer from Mintpal to my wallet. Never had a problem before. Anyone else?
Party Hard

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 04:30:01 AM

This forum is so much fun to read! Love the misinformation being spread around, pretty hilarious. The fun thing about Mintcoin is that it won't 'die' unless everyone shuts their wallets down. Sure people might not use it as much as we'd all like in the first 3+ weeks, but we're talking weeks here.

Clearly the more seasoned coiners are holding on to their Mintcoins and waiting to see what happens over the long run. All this short term stuff is good for shitz and gigglez - but that's about it.

Ladies ladies, one at a time.
bgs1154

Activity: 28

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 04:35:15 AM

Mintpal transfer?

I've been waiting about an hour for a transfer from Mintpal to my wallet. Never had a problem before. Anyone else?

Did you remember to confirm through the email?
lumeire
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1009

Next-Gen Trade Racing Metaverse

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 04:35:28 AM

do not worry I still support you. This is just testing my faith on this coin and please dont put me down. I still havent abandoned on my expectation that this coin will become atleast the minimum 150 satoshis.

Well it is just there to clear things up. I believe the core dev team isn't asking for 5M more, they got 1% already. Maybe it's David asking for community funds. Besides, a mintcoin/USD exchange won't happen soon. A CNY exchange is up at bter though.

I do agree though a simple poll would be enough.

▄▄████████▄▄           ▄▄████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄   ▄▄████████████████▄▄
  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
 ▄█████▀            ▀█  ▄█████▀            ▀█████▄
▄█████▀                ▄█████▀    ▄▄        ▀█████▄
█████▌                 █████▌     ████▄▄     ▐█████
█████▌                 █████▌     ████▀▀     ▐█████
▀█████▄      ▄▄▄      █████▀      ▀▀        ▄█████▀
 ▀█████▄▄   █████    █████▀  █▄            ▄█████▀
  ▀██████████████ ██████▀▀  █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀███████████ ████▀    ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀███████ ▀▀           ▀▀████████▀▀
            ▀███▀
|
..NEXT-GEN TRADE RACING METAVERSE..
|   WEBSITE   |   TELEGRAM   |   TWITTER   |   MEDIUM   |
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
Pages: « 1 ... 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 [338] 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 ... 1035 »
  Print  

Jump to: