Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:28:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Guide] Dogie's Comprehensive Manufacturer Trustworthiness Guide [1st Feb 2016]  (Read 131291 times)
ElGrandJefe

Activity: 459
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 06:18:38 AM

IMHO there's only one "r" in Black Arrow's X1 Prospero. Unless you're making a doggy joke.

Anyone who's fooled into looking for more information about these scammers shouldn't get lost due to that typo.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dogie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2015, 08:21:34 AM

IMHO there's only one "r" in Black Arrow's X1 Prospero. Unless you're making a doggy joke.

Anyone who's fooled into looking for more information about these scammers shouldn't get lost due to that typo.

Will be fixed on next refresh of guides.

Guy Corem
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1051

Spondoolies, Beam & DAGlabs

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2015, 10:58:22 AM

Disclaimers
I provide technical support for 2 companies - Bitmain and Canaan Creative. Neither of these contracts has any influence over company ratings.
I don't believe this statement is true

New Mimblewimble implementation: https://www.beam.mw
Spondoolies is now part of Blockstream: https://blog.blockstream.com/en-blockstream-mining-builds-momentum-with-spondoolies-acquisition/
Kaspa is a POW cryptocurrencty which implements GhostDAG protocol: https://kaspanet.org/
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2015, 11:06:00 AM

Disclaimers
I provide technical support for 2 companies - Bitmain and Canaan Creative. Neither of these contracts has any influence over company ratings.

Bitmain dropped 10 points when I became involved with them.
Canaan Creative dropped 3 points when I became involved with them.
Spondoolies' rating has risen over the same period, even during the problems of under performing SP30 preorders.

Guy Corem
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2015, 11:09:44 AM

Disclaimers

Canaan Creative dropped 3 points.
Spondoolies' rating has risen over the same period, even with the problems of under performing SP30 preorders.
I don't have a proof, but I think you know some stuff about Bitmain ethics which you refrain from taking into account.
I can't reveal what it is.

Spondoolies is now part of Blockstream: https://blog.blockstream.com/en-blockstream-mining-builds-momentum-with-spondoolies-acquisition/
Kaspa is a POW cryptocurrencty which implements GhostDAG protocol: https://kaspanet.org/
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2015, 11:22:40 AM

Disclaimers

Spondoolies' rating has risen over the same period, even with the problems of under performing SP30 preorders.
I don't have a proof, but I think you know some stuff about Bitmain ethics which you refrain from taking into account.
[Moved to Skype]

RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 11:24:29 AM

Spondoolies' rating has risen over the same period, even during the problems of under performing SP30 preorders.

Please don't bring the minuscule dropping of points into discussion because I already showed the real reasoning for this small drop(this was just a small step out of many steps for getting Bitmain to the top). If you want I can always refresh your memory.

dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2015, 11:47:37 AM

Please don't bring the minuscule dropping of points into discussion because I already showed the real reasoning for this small drop(this was just a small step out of many steps for getting Bitmain to the top). If you want I can always refresh your memory.

Uses own chips?
Delivered miners?
Uses preorders?
On time?
Quality Issues?
Refund Issues?
Communication
Ethics
Size

Which of these rating categories do you disagree with, on what company? What evidence can you provide to substantiate a rating change?

abracadabra

Activity: 956
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 01:30:54 PM

Disclaimers

Spondoolies-Tech,  I have nothing against you or Bitmain, but when I see stuff like this mentioned, or when I hear Bitmain say stuff like "We know things but we can't say", it reinforces my view that ASIC manufacturing has become nothing more that a classic old boy's network/oligopoly/OPEC of bitcoin and it annoys the shit out of me.  A fantastic idea and technology that Satoshi had has been reduced to ASIC manufacturers careful treading, patting each other on the back, and refusing to whistleblow on each other.  To an outsider, it seems like a careful pact has been formed which excludes the community from information they should have.  It's the bitcoin community that placed you where you are now, and it's this same community's face you spit in when you refuse to share information you have regarding other ASIC manufacturers' business practices.

I only wish information flow regarding bitcoin would be as open as the blockchain.
brush242

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 09:28:59 PM

Spondoolies-Tech,  I have nothing against you or Bitmain, but when I see stuff like this mentioned, or when I hear Bitmain say stuff like "We know things but we can't say", it reinforces my view that ASIC manufacturing has become nothing more that a classic old boy's network/oligopoly/OPEC of bitcoin and it annoys the shit out of me.  A fantastic idea and technology that Satoshi had has been reduced to ASIC manufacturers careful treading, patting each other on the back, and refusing to whistleblow on each other.  To an outsider, it seems like a careful pact has been formed which excludes the community from information they should have.  It's the bitcoin community that placed you where you are now, and it's this same community's face you spit in when you refuse to share information you have regarding other ASIC manufacturers' business practices.

I only wish information flow regarding bitcoin would be as open as the blockchain.

While I completely agree with the sentiment espoused here, we have no right to the private information that others possess. Nor does anyone have a duty to share consumer information that they have, no matter what we may happen to feel about it.

However, Spondoolies-Tech, you are better served not posting such things. There is no evidence either way that your statements are valid, but they certainly generate responses such as the above, and many companies fire their employees for such public commentary. It brings what may ultimately be unfounded attention, and fosters mistrust as Abracadabra noted.

Say whatever you wish, of course, but comments such as that certainly do you and your company no favours.

Support sidehack miner development. Donations to: 1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
ibminer
Legendary

Activity: 1819
Merit: 2792

Goonies never say die.

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2015, 02:35:07 PM

Disclaimers

Spondoolies-Tech,  I have nothing against you or Bitmain, but when I see stuff like this mentioned, or when I hear Bitmain say stuff like "We know things but we can't say", it reinforces my view that ASIC manufacturing has become nothing more that a classic old boy's network/oligopoly/OPEC of bitcoin and it annoys the shit out of me.  A fantastic idea and technology that Satoshi had has been reduced to ASIC manufacturers careful treading, patting each other on the back, and refusing to whistleblow on each other.  To an outsider, it seems like a careful pact has been formed which excludes the community from information they should have.  It's the bitcoin community that placed you where you are now, and it's this same community's face you spit in when you refuse to share information you have regarding other ASIC manufacturers' business practices.

I had this same feeling back when I saw Yifu (Avalon), Josh (BFL) & Sam (KNC) having a great time at the bar while their customers, myself included, were hung out to dry  Undecided

What is the reason for not being able to reveal this information regarding ethics??

Fatman3001
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1013

Make Bitcoin glow with ENIAC

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 05:24:05 PM

Disclaimers

This is the most unprofessional crap you've managed to post, Guy. If you're gonna get any investors to help you launch that 14/16nm line you should leave the Public Relations to someone who knows what they're doing. We need our miners!!!

"I predict the Internet will soon go spectacularly supernova and in 1996 catastrophically collapse." - Robert Metcalfe, 1995
IYFTech

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

WANTED: Active dev to fix & re-write p2pool in C

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 06:26:57 PM

Disclaimers

This is the most unprofessional crap you've managed to post, Guy.....

I think it's great!!

Come on Guy - spill the beans dude. Tell us all the gory dogie details, let's hear it all!  Cheesy

-- Smiley  Thank you for smoking  Smiley --  If you paid VAT to dogie for items you should read this thread:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1018906.0
Guy Corem
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2015, 06:34:22 PM

Disclaimers

[Moved to Skype]
In our Skype chat, Dogie explained why he can't used the information I've shared with him per his guide criteria. I'm content with his answer.

IYFTech

Activity: 686

WANTED: Active dev to fix & re-write p2pool in C

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 06:42:46 PM

In our Skype chat, Dogie explained why he can't used the information I've shared with him per his guide criteria. I'm content with his answer.

We're not. Come on, don't be a bore  Wink Cheesy

Bit pointless having a Trustworthiness Advert if you're not allowed to advertise isn't it? Mind you, it's a pointless "guide" anyway if he's getting "paid" by half of the advertisers fabricators..... Roll Eyes

-- Smiley  Thank you for smoking  Smiley --  If you paid VAT to dogie for items you should read this thread:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1018906.0
Pentax

Activity: 700

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 06:47:46 PM

Disclaimers

[Moved to Skype]

so the fact that it may not shoehorn into this guide criteria is no reason not to post the information if it is indeed factual.

people can decide for themselves if the information has merit enough to influence a buying decision....
Finksy
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 07:37:16 PM

so the fact that it may not shoehorn into this guide criteria is no reason not to post the information if it is indeed factual.

people can decide for themselves if the information has merit enough to influence a buying decision....

That would be the case if this guide was in fact impartial, but unlike what dogie says, by nature his relationships with manufacturer automatically makes his guide biased, whether it is done in a "transparent" way or not. Best to just move along and not pay attention to it, and hope that new buyers do the same.

In fairness it's all going the way of the dodo with so few manufacturers left, and no intention of producing consumer-grade hardware on the horizon.  Even if a company with poor communication, poor ethics, and at most an average track record came out with the latest and greatest hardware with any chance of ROI, everyone would jump at it regardless of what logic, this guide, or signs from God told them. I think Bitmain and others have realized this and stopped giving a f#@% about PR.

IBM 2880W PSU Packages: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=966135 IBM 4K PSU Breakout Boards & Packages: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1308296 
Server PSU-powered GPU rig solutions! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1864539  Wallet address: 1GWQYCv22cAikgTgT1zFuAmsJ9fFqq9TXf 
ibminer
Legendary

Activity: 1819
Merit: 2792

Goonies never say die.

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2015, 10:04:20 PM

Disclaimers

[Moved to Skype]

Why not share it with customers?   I believe ethics to be a big deciding factor when investing your money in a company manufacturing mining rigs. There is a good amount of trust involved.

Also, for clarification, would Dogie's guide criteria include any hidden criteria he must meet to satisfy Bitmain or are we talking about the criteria he has set on the guides?  

dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2015, 10:56:43 PM

[All the questions seem to be directed to Guy, if I've missed any then please requote.]

sloopy

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=905210.msg

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 11:58:51 PM

[All the questions seem to be directed to Guy, if I've missed any then please requote.]

I hope this is not to invasive, and please consider these educational questions as simply questions. I have no ulterior motive other than to learn more about this ecosystem and specifically people and projects which may impact new miners.

I understand you are bound by NDA agreements.
How does knowledge you possess regarding mining companies impact this guide?

I understand you will not violate an NDA in your answer, but please elaborate using an example, analogy, fictional if necessary, and completely in another arena of the world as needed. I am confident you can answer this type of scenario without violating anything as I have been involved in NDAs and NCCs over the years, and I am currently under a Non-Compete Clause as part of a contract now. Some of the facilities I have visited require some unusual things to walk in the door. As in one place had it written in the contract to face forward when walking through a specific area and was explained to me they calculated the average person's peripheral vision. I do not know how true it was, but it was in the contract.

To be more specific, through the aforementioned 'example' and as a follow up question does the knowledge you have (which I assume the general public does not) impact the "Comprehensive Manufacturer Trustworthiness Guide" thread in any way?

I have referenced your material a few times regarding the miners I have and when completely fresh I remember reading the first couple of pages here as a data point. For future consideration in my use and decision to recommend to others I appreciate your candor.

While I find it extremely difficult to imagine most people being unable to maintain an unbiased opinion if they are being paid in any form, be it cash, btc, free miners, cloud mining, or videos of their favorite dogs, but, I can think of circumstances where someone would not be swayed by those things. I do not know if your personal situation would fall in the circumstances I am imagining. I do know anything is possible. Would you mind elaborating on anything you find relative to your past and present situation(s) which may affect your ability to remain unbiased either positively or negatively?

If this has already been outlined please point me to the right location. I have read many posts, but haven't seen a discussion regarding the attributes I think a person must possess to remain completely neutral to a company while also being paid.

I appreciate your time and what I hope to be an informative response.

Transaction fees go to the pools and the pools decide to pay them to the miners. Anything else, including off-chain solutions are stealing and not the way Bitcoin was intended to function.
Make the block size set by the pool. Pool = miners and they get the choice.
Pages: « 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 »
  Print  

Jump to: