Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:40:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 66 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Guide] Dogie's Comprehensive Manufacturer Trustworthiness Guide [1st Feb 2016]  (Read 131291 times)
magzy

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 03:27:55 AM

Hi Dogie,

As to the refunds being ignored I have no information on that, can you say how many people have reported that to you and out of that number how many have shown you evidence of their order? I only ask because the company is plagued by Trolls some of who have previously lied about having orders, having machines, having refunds refused etc.

Regards,
minerpart

I can attest to my refund requests to being ignored by VMC for the past 10 weeks.

I still haven't got my refund and they are now ignoring my requests. All 40 of them.

Kenneth slaughter has now resorted to removing all my posts and others in the official thread because we're all asking him what' he's going to do about the refunds. If you call this trolling then so be it. It doesn't remove him from the fact that he's effectively taken my money and will not give it back. Either he is committing a massive fraud or is genuinely an idiot. Both of which should not be tolerated.

I suggest demotion further down the list for VMC. If the time comes when I get my check in my hand and the check clears my bank then I will happily state so in here.

The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
markthemarker

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 09:03:00 AM

guys, what about black miner? they say they are release theirs next month.
dogie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2014, 10:39:15 AM

Hi Dogie,

As to the refunds being ignored I have no information on that, can you say how many people have reported that to you and out of that number how many have shown you evidence of their order? I only ask because the company is plagued by Trolls some of who have previously lied about having orders, having machines, having refunds refused etc.

Regards,
minerpart

I can attest to my refund requests to being ignored by VMC for the past 10 weeks.

I still haven't got my refund and they are now ignoring my requests. All 40 of them.

Kenneth slaughter has now resorted to removing all my posts and others in the official thread because we're all asking him what' he's going to do about the refunds. If you call this trolling then so be it. It doesn't remove him from the fact that he's effectively taken my money and will not give it back. Either he is committing a massive fraud or is genuinely an idiot. Both of which should not be tolerated.

I suggest demotion further down the list for VMC. If the time comes when I get my check in my hand and the check clears my bank then I will happily state so in here.

If you have any proof that you actually have an order, you can PM me it, or let me log into your store account.

el_rlee
Legendary

Activity: 1600
Merit: 1014

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 01:46:20 PM

Still newbs need to be aware that buying mining equipment is a seller's market. That fact can't be stressed out enough, most "consumers" today have a totally wrong expectation.
Also you won't regret reading up on import duties and procedure for your country before you order.

Don't expect your ASIC vendor to react to your inquiry for customs documents. For the EU you will have to pay at least import VAT and will be required to show an invoice which customs will believe. They sometimes are not totally dumb and simply open the package and confront you with the amazon or ebay price.
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2014, 05:14:10 PM

Changelog 03/10/2014
Company changes:
  • Bitmine demoted to C. Continuing delays and lack of communication both globally and with individual orders. Hire some PR and CS. Also preferring (openly) commercial partners in production. Review March 22.
  • AMT demoted to D+. Very delayed, no communication.
  • VMC demoted to F. The evidence suggests it is simply a scam. Avoid this company.
  • Bitmain promoted to A+. Continued market leading success.
  • Blackarrow not changed but promotion not activated. Although they have sorted all refunds, delivery is still a while away.
  • Avalon not changed but promotion not activated. Promotion to A if trade in order problems are dealt with.
  • Cointerra promoted to B+. Newer firmware is more stable and compensation is ongoing.
  • Lightning ASIC promoted to C+ due to good success. Promotion to B if no problems before March 22 [building reputation].
  • Drillbit review delayed, awaiting new products.
  • Redhash review delayed, awaiting new products.
  • Technobit not changed but promotion not activated. Too many units are failing in the wild, but are being dealt with.

dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2014, 03:50:06 PM

Changelog 03/11/2014
Company changes:
  • Added Starfire X

jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 09:54:53 AM

Hashfast should not be a B.

F or D would be realistic. I would even dare to say they should be below bfl.
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2014, 12:11:47 PM

Agreed, I've been watching them. They were temporarily a D due to refund problems but it looks like they should be back there.

opieum2

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 05:58:45 PM

Is AMT also staying at a D+? Might want to check out the official thread.

"amtminers scam joshua zipkin scammer"
-Joshua Zipkin leaked skype chats http://bit.ly/1s7U2Yb
-For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself.
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2014, 10:49:01 PM

Are you suggesting they should be higher or lower? They're STILL yet to deliver a single thing.

AussieHash

Activity: 692

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 01:39:31 AM

Agreed, I've been watching them. They were temporarily a D due to refund problems but it looks like they should be back there.

+1
opieum2

Activity: 532

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 01:13:27 AM
Last edit: March 27, 2014, 08:39:00 PM by opieum2

Are you suggesting they should be higher or lower? They're STILL yet to deliver a single thing.

F- or much lower. At this point they haven't delivered anything and have gone completely silent on a public front. No posts despite promises to post on Tuesdays, nothing new on their page, no confirmed deliveries, allegedly welshing on refunds.

UPDATE 3/25: They seem to be starting to reply again. They are working on addressing the trolling/haters problem right now. Least working to establishing credibility with the community. I guess we will see where this goes over the next couple of days. Even flying out Phinneaues Gage to their office so he can check things out and report back.

update 3/27: appears a single known 1.2THs AMT miner is the wild. Still little to no communications to customers. Bordering on hostile at times.

"amtminers scam joshua zipkin scammer"
-Joshua Zipkin leaked skype chats http://bit.ly/1s7U2Yb
-For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself.
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 02:03:02 AM
Last edit: March 27, 2014, 05:26:59 AM by Bicknellski

Big Picture Mining Collective:

We did not produce the Blue Fury USB miners.

The BPMC was going to produce the K1 Nano but pulled the plug on the production when Avalon failed to deliver the sample chips on time and we gave EVERYONE a prompt refund in full. One person was upset with our slow refunds but we did get him his money after a week delay and we were sorry for that.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=251831.100

Then BPMC produced only 120 USB Miners called the BF1 USB miner (BitFury 1) initially but folded as there was split in the collective over the royalties which is still not resolved. They sold out I think by October or November 2013. Anything after that is not a BPMC because the collective ceased to exist after October 2013 and we are still fighting over the royalties for these items being sold unfortunately. https://bitcointalk.org/?topic=292433

Please note that ANY OTHER USB Miners are and were never BPMC these and other USB miners are former BPMC members built on their own sold them. You need to check with each group to get the name of their group.

IceFury: Not 100% sure who made these I think Sam and Andrew did these as well.

RedFury: beyond the initial 120 units made many many more were sold by https://megabigpower.com/shop/ ask Kevin what his arrangement was with Dave on using the original BPMC design. Or Dan and Tiyo sold a lot of these on Ebay as well and are even still for sale in Indonesia here: http://shop.bitcoin.co.id/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=55 that is directly Tiyo and Dan I suspect given the red heat sinks and packaging used in the pictures.

BlueFury: Sam and Andrew fabricated these and sold them. What they called themselves I do not know.

Any that fall outside the original 120 chips BitFury chips that were ordered were not and are NOT BPMC. I would ask that you change the BPM to something else and contact those who built the BlueFury and ask them their name of their group such as Sam or Andrew former members of BPMC or Tiyo, Dan or Kevin for anything on the RedFury or other iterations of the originally designed BF1. Or you can rate the BPMC on the information provided for only our 120 USB miners that were sold and the refunds we provided for the K1 Nanos. I think our limited run would exclude us entirely from this thread at least for the BPMC portion of the units sold.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2014, 09:37:32 PM
Last edit: March 28, 2014, 10:34:40 AM by dogie

Sorry for the delay, this will get updated early next week.

In other news, Inaba has left me negative feedback by for "conning newbies into buying from scam companies", aka by recommending NOT to buy from BFL.

crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 02:55:49 AM

In other news, Inaba has left me negative feedback by for "conning newbies into buying from scam companies", aka by recommending NOT to buy from BFL.

1) Not sure where that hyperlink is supposed to go to...

2) Why is BFL in it's own catagory below everyone else, and not "D"? Seems to me "E" and below would be reserved for shams and frauds, of which I personally don't think BFL is. They may have their issues, but they HAVE delivered a not-insignificant amount of hardware.

D = Mid tier firm with problems, or new firm yet to prove products + ethical problems

Seems to me this would be the most apt description.

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 03:09:15 AM

1) Not sure where that hyperlink is supposed to go to...

2) Why is BFL in it's own catagory below everyone else, and not "D"? Seems to me "E" and below would be reserved for shams and frauds, of which I personally don't think BFL is. They may have their issues, but they HAVE delivered a not-insignificant amount of hardware.

D = Mid tier firm with problems, or new firm yet to prove products + ethical problems

Seems to me this would be the most apt description.

Having failed to meet specs/delivery dates on just about every product they advertised I think a D would be far too high of a rating.

BFL has proven it is not trustworthy.

Aside from hashfast being a B, I think this comparison is pretty accurate.
Bicknellski

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 09:08:52 AM
Last edit: March 28, 2014, 11:12:19 AM by Bicknellski

Telling the truth is a funny thing. Welcome to the club and I think it is badge of honor to have him lie about you in the trust ratings. He is the worst of the worst in this community for abusing the trust feature. Zed minus for BFL is still too high given the millions they have stolen from this community.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=8198 (Inaba)

Code:
Bicknellski 14: -0 / +16(16)	2014-03-28	0.00000000	Reference	

Falsely rates people who are providing necessary and accurate information to the community.
Shame on you for falsely reporting about Dogie. Inaba yet again proves how untrustworthy
he is and by default his company. Do not buy BFL pre-orders do not use his mining pool or
cloud hashing. He is a proven scammer and owes people millions of dollars in refunds. (Delete)

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=87869 (Dogie)

Code:
Bicknellski 14: -0 / +16(16)	2014-03-28	0.00000000	Reference	

Dogie has consistently provided worthwhile and necessary reviews and his current review of
ASIC manufacturing companies is definitely one of the most informative posts currently in custom
hardware. This alone should save people MILLIONS in losses if they apply all the information he
has posted. (Delete)

Any of this look familiar in BFL's and Inaba's playbook? Anyone know exactly what sort of work he did in the past for the Army? Hmmm... funny his tactics seem to be right out of the psyops right? https://firstlook.org/theintercept/document/2014/02/24/art-deception-training-new-generation-online-covert-operations/

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Bicknellski

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 02:34:44 AM

Check out this thread Dogie for a much clearer picture of the USB miner manufacturing.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=464496.0

Bicknellski

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 08:44:11 AM

And now BFL is buying positive and negative trust ratings in the bitcointalk. Ethically challenged? That should be added to the list of crimes / lies / deceptive practices they employ. Z- is too good for them.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=549403.msg5979745#msg5979745

kano
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1800

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 09:13:51 AM

And now BFL is buying positive and negative trust ratings in the bitcointalk. Ethically challenged? That should be added to the list of crimes / lies / deceptive practices they employ. Z- is too good for them.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=549403.msg5979745#msg5979745
Ethics has clearly not been relevant to the ratings.

These are companies, not people. Ethics sits in their wallets.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 66 »
  Print  

Jump to: