Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:38:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 272 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ActiveMining] Official Shareholder Discussion Thread [Moderated]  (Read 629684 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 09:44:25 PM

is it just me or does no one in here realize that WE ARE NOT HASHING and from the looks of it we won't be hashing until sometime next fall…  IF AT ALL.

Why you all continue spinning and discussing this failure is beyond me.

it's done.

EDIT: pardon me for being the Voice of Reason.

another EDIT: and you all do realize we still have no proof that we own shares in this company and that fact is looking worse and worse everyday.

We should be mining by May if we get the 55nm chips in mid-April.
You're kidding, right? Maybe by the end of May, but there won't be any large scale deployment of hashing power before the end of April is chips arrive on the 17th. Having the chips, boards and full system tested and signed off on to enter volume production by May would be a good goal.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MilkyWayMasta

Activity: 221
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 11:18:28 PM

is it just me or does no one in here realize that WE ARE NOT HASHING and from the looks of it we won't be hashing until sometime next fall…  IF AT ALL.

it's done.

another EDIT: and you all do realize we still have no proof that we own shares in this company and that fact is looking worse and worse everyday.

You're kidding, right? Maybe by the end of May, but there won't be any large scale deployment of hashing power before the end of April is chips arrive on the 17th. Having the chips, boards and full system tested and signed off on to enter volume production by May would be a good goal.

Well it's a lot closer to May than it is to September. These next two months are going to be critical.

DISCIPLINA — The First Blockchain For HR & Education
From core developers of Cardano, PoS minting, unique Web Of Trust & Privacy algorithms. Be the first, join us!
  WEBSITE  TELEGRAM  ANN  BOUNTY  LINKEDIN  WHITEPAPER  Referral Program 5%
knybe

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

decentralize EVERYTHING...

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 11:54:13 PM

it's done.

Well it's a lot closer to May than it is to September. These next two months are going to be critical.

so were the last two… and the two before that… and the two befo… oh never mind.
MilkyWayMasta

Activity: 221

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 11:58:58 PM

it's done.

so were the last two… and the two before that… and the two befo… oh never mind.

This time it's different  Grin

DISCIPLINA — The First Blockchain For HR & Education
From core developers of Cardano, PoS minting, unique Web Of Trust & Privacy algorithms. Be the first, join us!
  WEBSITE  TELEGRAM  ANN  BOUNTY  LINKEDIN  WHITEPAPER  Referral Program 5%
zumzero

Activity: 602

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2014, 12:04:34 AM

Could you guys try not to include the big quotes when you are responding straight away to each other?  Thanks.  It keeps things tidier and means we don't reach page 100 this week.

https://mybitcoin.garden
Bitcoin game where you can earn up to 220% on each planted garden!
Bargraphics

Activity: 518

Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do.

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 12:06:12 AM

If eASIC is 5-10 times as expensive as the other choice then yes it would make sense to forego the eASIC NRE cost and go with another company. I assume Ken wanted to go with eASIC but they simply were not competitive with their 28nm Full-Custom pricing and likely made Ken go with certain Fabs/Packages at a premium.

I'm happy that we got away from eASIC for a Full-Custom as their only purpose was the Nextreme quick to market niche that was passed up already.

Hopefully Ken can get back the majority of the NRE.

You think eASIC can be 10 times more expensive than competition? And you think a competition that costs 10% is anything near the quality work of eASIC? I know personally from calling companies who sell ASIC developing software for 28nm ASIC that this software costs a fortune. I was checking out the prices and investments needed for creating a own ASIC that time. Even when you rent the software only its very expensive. Its not going to happen that you find a company that is 10% or at least 20% of the eASIC price. If you do its most probably a scam. Or why do you think ken would have gone through the hassle to collect 10 times more bitcoins to be able to use eASIC then?

If eASIC couldnt create a full custom from the start it was a big misjugdement of ken to chose them. And theres the next point... you know that normal asics have one or two layers with standard routines included? Those can be used by the remaining layers to run the calculations. When you take them away you have to build even more logic than you would have with normal ASIC's. You cant await that it gets cheaper that way. At least i dont see that a company offering that is legit since other companies would use them then too and because of the demand they would raise their price. Its not like ASIC-Developers are sitting around workless.

I honestly know for a fact you are incorrect. Quotes are quotes and the team that is doing the 28nm already did the 55nm.....
As I said even if their NRE is relatively close, my understanding is that you have to go with their Fab (The fab has to let eASIC use their library) and you have to get it packaged with their package. All of this costs a premium instead of the freedom of choice with an already working relationship with UMC and the packaging house for the 55nm chip.
Technologov

Activity: 203

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 08:23:14 AM

Ken: I ask you to consider improving capitalization by selling more shares, because the company still lacks a working chip, must pay engineering plus refunds for eASIC promises.

BTW: How much I a full custom ASIC expected to better than eASIC? (Production costs and energy)
arousedrhino

Activity: 347
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 06:20:07 PM

Ken: I ask you to consider improving capitalization by selling more shares, because the company still lacks a working chip, must pay engineering plus refunds for eASIC promises.

BTW: How much I a full custom ASIC expected to better than eASIC? (Production costs and energy)

Are you joking, that would further dilute the currently issued shares value. Why would you want that?

Ken has not stated that the company needs funds.
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2014, 09:42:22 PM

Maybe Technologov is the hidden ken preparing us that he needs more funds?

Though some updates ago he claimed he could refund all preorders without problems. But when i hear from changing engineers and hoping to recover funds... im not so sure what the financials are.

Bargraphics... i think you really overestimate the savings possible in this industry. Lets say if there were real possibilities to safe much money on the way i would already be part of a group creating my own ASIC. Though it simply isnt working. The risk is too high.
Lets hope Ken really somehow can magically save costs... for me thats not probable.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
hazryder

Activity: 208

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2014, 03:06:48 PM

Back for my monthly checkup, it's a shame that the actions of a few crybaby forum 'trolls' have caused a lot of people to lose faith, but at the same time I'm very disappointed that we still don't have access to our own shares. It's a sad situation when I'm hoping that Ken is simply incompetent instead of having malicious intent, these aren't the sort of questions we should be having to ask when you're dealing with professional businesses.

I've always been a firm believer in this company right from the start, but now even I'm starting to get worried that all of this will come to nothing as Ken pushes us back with delay after delay. On the bright side, there's still the possibility that launching our products in April/May will bring in an OK return for my investments, just not the huge returns we were expecting if we'd actually kept the project on schedule.
knybe

Activity: 658

decentralize EVERYTHING...

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 03:55:56 PM

FYI: Bitcoin Difficulty: 3,129,573,175 and counting...
ActM Thread (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 04:05:01 PM

We are all aware that difficulty increases.

If you'd like to estimate what it might be when ActM's farm should start ramping up I recommend this thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=387533.0

Flashman

Activity: 518

Hodl!

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 04:56:51 PM

I'd say about 12 billion +/- 10% on 1st of May..

At this point I'm slightly optimistic about the 55nm, providing UMC can piss them out like an NYFD firehose.

TL;DR See Spot run. Run Spot run. .... .... Freelance interweb comedian, for teh lulz >>> 1MqAAR4XkJWfDt367hVTv5SstPZ54Fwse6

Bitcoin Custodian: Keeping BTC away from weak heads since Feb '13, adopter of homeless bitcoins.
VinceSamios

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2014, 11:19:24 AM

Crypto-Trade hacked. https://crypto-trade.com/maintenance

The Happy Clappy Bitcoin Chappy - http://twitter.com/vincesamios
funkymunky

Activity: 283

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 11:27:25 AM

Oh dear, all is not lost though apparently:

Update: We discovered a bug in our system which allowed someone to hack around $30 000. All coins are safe and we will pay ourself for the lost in order that any user doesn't suffer a lost.
Crypto-trade.com will open back in 24-48 hours with trading halted. You will be able to withdraw your coins, USD and EUR. When all users will have been refunded, we will close the website for a undetermined period (2-3 weeks estimated) in order to fix our software and make a security audit to reopen later in best conditions. We hope you will keep trust in us, any user will have his money back without next days.
minerpart

Activity: 280

IIIIII====II====IIIIII

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 11:34:49 AM

A bug. Do they mean they suffered a malleabilty attack? If so they should have been aware of and fixed that issue last week. If it was buggy software can they be trusted to hold millions of dollars in shares and coins? 30k is a huge sum for such a smalltime exchange. A weeks worth of turnover?
funkymunky

Activity: 283

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 11:42:43 AM

A bug. Do they mean they suffered a malleabilty attack? If so they should have been aware of and fixed that issue last week. If it was buggy software can they be trusted to hold millions of dollars in shares and coins? 30k is a huge sum for such a smalltime exchange. A weeks worth of turnover?

Unfortunately I don't trust them.
But at the minute I don't trust any centralised exchange due to how many times we (the community) keep getting burned by them - Bitfunder, MTGox etc....
VinceSamios

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2014, 11:48:53 AM

Nobody should ever store funds on an exchange... they serve a very temporary purpose. Shares are a different story because they can be tracked, ownership proven, and reversed/fixed.

The Happy Clappy Bitcoin Chappy - http://twitter.com/vincesamios
shaofis

Activity: 106

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 12:20:05 PM

I am completely *NOT* surprised. Crypto-Trade gets a poor rating in my opinion.

I've personally found major bugs with their trading platform and have had a ticket open going on 2 weeks now without any response.
Subcide

Activity: 70

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 12:35:20 PM

Crypto-trade: "Volume :/"

:/ <- My thoughts exactly.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 272 »
  Print  

Jump to: