Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 02:00:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 ... 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 [141] 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 ... 272 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ActiveMining] Official Shareholder Discussion Thread [Moderated]  (Read 629686 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
shaofis

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 05:00:51 PM

Ken had an amazing site created for him, for free, by lewicki... he shot it down.

I feel like if Ken had allowed for and followed the input of the Advisory Board he requested for and created, ActM would be in an entirely different place right now.  I'm not saying Ken had to follow what shareholders were expressing and saying to a T, but from my understanding the input was sound and centered around all the problems we face now such as logistics, PR, Marketing, the website, pricing, product scheme etc.  No wonder they dissolved and left.

If I recall correct... the main concern was that the site didn't support the online shopping module that Ken used... you know the one that integrated with Gox....

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bitlind

Activity: 252

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 06:11:08 PM

Ken had an amazing site created for him, for free, by lewicki... he shot it down.

I feel like if Ken had allowed for and followed the input of the Advisory Board he requested for and created, ActM would be in an entirely different place right now.  I'm not saying Ken had to follow what shareholders were expressing and saying to a T, but from my understanding the input was sound and centered around all the problems we face now such as logistics, PR, Marketing, the website, pricing, product scheme etc.  No wonder they dissolved and left.

If I recall correct... the main concern was that the site didn't support the online shopping module that Ken used... you know the one that integrated with Gox....

You are correct, it was stated at that time by Lewicki and others that it wasn't and shouldn't be a concern of his or anyone else's for that matter.
tempestb

Activity: 729
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 06:55:31 PM

The only person who has any money from AMC is Ken.  Until Ken takes that money and distributes it to people, it's not dividends.  It's just another account with Ken's money in it.  His intention may be not to spend it.  But if he gets raked over the coals by the MSD or that lawsuit takes shape, then Ken's money will become laywer money regardless of whatever labels people have put on it.

1D7JwRnoungL1YQy7sJMsqmA8BHkPcKGDJ
We mine as we dream...  Alone
bitlind

Activity: 252

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 06:59:00 PM

Ken I would like to trade my near 10k shares back to you for 75 cents on the dollar at the IPO price of .0025 that I paid you, which would equate to 18.75 BTC.  How can we set this up?  Is this something you may be interested in?  What about Actm Thread?  He/she/them seem to not be concerned, would he/she/them be interested in my shares?
adameb

Activity: 76

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 07:20:27 PM

Ken I would like to trade my near 10k shares back to you for 75 cents on the dollar at the IPO price of .0025 that I paid you, which would equate to 18.75 BTC.  How can we set this up?  Is this something you may be interested in?  What about Actm Thread?  He/she/them seem to not be concerned, would he/she/them be interested in my shares?

You're asking for a sale price of .001875.  Currently the going rate on crypto-trade is .0005 (at which price they're currently sitting, the bid is only .00031). 

It'd be lunacy for a company to start buying back stock at over 6 times the current market offer.

Will Dance For Satoshis - 1F1q93wAqgH8WFghRKpnBW8HxShuzkRrqc
Simon Templar

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 07:39:43 PM
Last edit: May 05, 2014, 08:05:47 PM by Simon Templar

Instead of all the in fighting why not unite and get behind Ken?  The reason I'm suggesting this is because I think it's the only way we'll ever see any money from our investments.  It's understandable that people are posting through anger, frustration and resentment given our predicament and Ken's unwillingness to be transparent is fuelling all this negativity.  If we could all put our emotions to one side and realised that together we have an opportunity to affect things positively then we reduce the likelihood of losing everything.  Legal action won't make anyone any money apart from the lawyers.  I propose a think tank.  Let's get organised.  Identify what needs attention.  Prioritise it.  Give Ken some ideas and offer quick fix solutions to the issues he's facing. If we do this then we open a dialogue with Ken and inevitably learn more about the business.  We get answers to some of our questions.  Come on guys there is plenty of talent here to turn this around.  Don't do it for Ken, do it for yourselves.

tl;dr  Venting in this thread and having a go at people; it might make you feel better for a time but is an emotional response which won't improve your chances of making money from your investment.  Let's work together to turn things around.  We did it before and can do it again.
knybe

Activity: 658

decentralize EVERYTHING...

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 08:04:12 PM

You're asking for a sale price of .001875.  Currently the going rate on crypto-trade is .0005 (at which price they're currently sitting, the bid is only .00031). 

It'd be lunacy for a company to start buying back stock at over 6 times the current market offer.

I'd be willing to consider a buyout of my shares from Ken at that .0005 price.
lobbes

Activity: 240
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 08:19:16 PM

Instead of all the in fighting why not unite and get behind Ken?  The reason I'm suggesting this is because I think it's the only way we'll ever see any money from our investments.  It's understandable that people are posting through anger, frustration and resentment given our predicament and Ken's unwillingness to be transparent is fuelling all this negativity.  If we could all put our emotions to one side and realised that together we have an opportunity to affect things positively then we reduce the likelihood of losing everything.  Legal action won't make anyone any money apart from the lawyers.  I propose a think tank.  Let's get organised.  Identify what needs attention.  Prioritise it.  Give Ken some ideas and offer quick fix solutions to the issues he's facing. If we do this then we open a dialogue with Ken and inevitably learn more about the business.  We get answers to some of our questions.  Come on guys there is plenty of talent here to turn this around.  Don't do it for Ken, do it for yourselves.

tl;dr  Venting in this thread and having a go at people; it might make you feel better for a time but is an emotional response which won't improve your chances of making money from your investment.  Let's work together to turn things around.  We did it before and can do it again.

Zum, I applaud your continued optimism in the face of sheer FUD.

However, I think we have reached a point where we HAVE been identifying the problems Ken needs to address, and he continues to do nothing. One 'quick fix' would, of course, be the website. No answer at all..

Legal action will certainly give the majority of the pie to the lawyers, however, to continue to back Ken at this point means betting that he will A) return our shares to us (may take years) and B) the company will be turning a profit years down the line when that happens.

----

That being said, if Ken is willing to buy people out who want out then I see no need to jump on a lawsuit bandwagon. I just doubt that he would be willing dump tons of coin buying out everyone who wants it.

zumzero

Activity: 602

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2014, 08:59:35 PM

lobbes, you should respect people's choices and I am saddened that you chose to expose me even though you knew I wanted to remain unassociated with this account.  Many long term 'silent' accounts still have vocal contributors using pseudonyms and it would be naive to think the Advisory Board are no longer with us.  At least the ones who didn't lose everything to the NEO scam.  

I am not merely showing blind optimism as my personal belief is that we can all pretty much write our investments off as a loss.  Ken had a real chance to make things work and it's really unfortunate that he couldn't get the basics right.  Maybe he's not totally to blame and there will have been factors out of his control but where he went wrong was not immediately getting on this forum to explain why things haven't happened according to his announcements and projections.

In order to sell products you need to have customers who have had a positive buying experience to report their findings and attract new customers.  You need to be running a company which has a good reputation and if you have shareholders then they need to be posting in a happy forum.  You need a website that doesn't hide it's only saleable products from those who visit it.  How can we have some of the most competitive products on the planet and yet be failing to sell them quickly?  Even of we have no money for marketing, we should be using our products and customer experience to do it for us free.

If this company isn't already sunk, and I fear it may be too late, then there is a small chance that we could work together to turn it around.  If Ken was willing to throw the cards on the table and say, "This is where we're at.  We are in trouble but we still have this, this and this.", then perhaps something could be salvaged.  This is what I'm trying to do. It isn't cheer leading and it isn't optimism, it's an understanding that it isn't over until the fat lady sings.

edit - I moderate this thread along with a handful of other moderators.  We are getting a hard time from some of you and some of the accusations are bang out of order.  We are not a collective and are separate human beings.  Some of us might delete a post which others wouldn't.  We don't always get it right and there is no conspiracy.  The mods never communicate with each other about modding the thread and there are no 'rules' that you don't know about.  We are human and make mistakes.  We even delete each other's posts from time to time when they are unacceptable.  Try not to get so upset when you are deleted.  It isn't malice, and there will be a legitimate reason for it, even if it turns out to be a mistake in hindsight.   We are doing the best we can and faced with the alternative thread you could be reading, well...

https://mybitcoin.garden
Bitcoin game where you can earn up to 220% on each planted garden!
HardwareReviewer

Activity: 255
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 09:09:55 PM

Ken,

could you tell my about the status of my refund cheque?

It's been 5 months now since I requested a refund...

Prepare to enter a world of stress
zumzero

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2014, 09:14:58 PM

Mate, you and everyone else you writes a post which is directed at Ken should be using the private message feature and contact him directly.  He will respond to you that way.  Otherwise you should assume that it will not be answered and we will assume that your motives are unclear.

lobbes

Activity: 240
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 09:37:04 PM

I am not merely showing blind optimism as my personal belief is that we can all pretty much write our investments off as a loss.

I know it isn't purely blind optimism, and I do see your point about a 'happy forum' driving sales. I know that you want to hold on to the hope that there might still be a chance to turn this around, despite the track-history of this company.

My concern is if we wait until the fat lady sings, it may be too late.

This is about when to pull the trigger and cut our losses.

chairforce1

Activity: 316

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 09:43:42 PM

1) jimmothy is not trolling with his deleted post.
2) jimmothy is not on the list of people asked to refrain from posting in this thread.
3) ActM Thread, will you post shareholder questions? I feel there is more use for this user name than deleting shit. Maybe Ken will respond if you say something. Maybe Ken is ActM Thread. He was last active this morning and he can read. I see little reasoning for silence.

Also 4) people need to stop arguing with each other in this thread and do it over private messaging. STOP. PLEASE. Nobody cares at all. AT ALL.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, death has not come, and when death has come, we are not. #yolo

-Epicuru$
tempestb

Activity: 729

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 09:53:10 PM

Be nice if Ken just showed up and answered some questions and filled in some blanks.  What's he doing?  Repairing the air conditioner himself?  Honestly, what does the guy do all day that he can't answer questions in this forum?  When he was raising money he was in here every ten minutes.  Now when people have questions he cherry-picks the answers and provides almost no information to the ones he does answer.

The Internet is forever and his name is attached to this mess.  If he ever tries to start up another venture or investment scheme anyone doing a cursory search on his name will find this disaster that he runs and know better than to invest with him.  He does it to himself.  Maybe if he came in here and answered investor's questions and handled affairs properly there wouldn't be so many problems.

How do you sell mining cards with a website that looks like that?  It's ridiculous...

1D7JwRnoungL1YQy7sJMsqmA8BHkPcKGDJ
We mine as we dream...  Alone
minerpart

Activity: 280

IIIIII====II====IIIIII

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 10:02:57 PM

Also 4) people need to stop arguing with each other in this thread and do it over private messaging. STOP. PLEASE. Nobody cares at all. AT ALL.

You don't think it's important but to me it's a really big deal that I can't post here anymore. My PM's go unanswered.
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 10:05:57 PM

I don't buy the broken AC excuse. How can they be limited at 80th when the plan was to have the farm 250th +?

Presuming the 3rd AC is completely fubar, can he not buy another one?

They are missing out on $10k per week they don't fix that AC.

Also why do they even need an AC if these are water cooled?
zumzero

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2014, 10:17:03 PM

I am not merely showing blind optimism as my personal belief is that we can all pretty much write our investments off as a loss.

I know it isn't purely blind optimism, and I do see your point about a 'happy forum' driving sales. I know that you want to hold on to the hope that there might still be a chance to turn this around, despite the track-history of this company.

My concern is if we wait until the fat lady sings, it may be too late.

This is about when to pull the trigger and cut our losses.

This post makes no sense whatsoever.  If you read what I said you would know that I'm about action and not holding on to hope.  The track-history reference makes zero sense in your sentence and is totally out of context.  When the fat lady songs it IS too late.  You can't 'pull a trigger' to cut your loses because you have no way of getting ANY money back out of this company.  Follow to court route all you want, but it will only cost you money.  Ken can't pay out what he doesn't have and he isn't going to start buying back your shares.  

Simon Templar

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 10:35:03 PM

I don't buy the broken AC excuse. How can they be limited at 80th when the plan was to have the farm 250th +?

Thermodynamics.  The water cooled systems use air fans to cool the water by blowing air across a radiator like in a car.  If the air is too hot the water can't be cooled enough by the fans.  Imagine a car sitting in a traffic jam in the summer and overheating.  The radiator fan is blowing like mad but it can't circulate cool air until it starts driving forward.  In our case the moving car is equivalent to switching on the AC.

So what's your theory Jim?  Are you suggesting that Ken is running 240TH but has directed the bitcoin to a hidden address?
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 10:40:40 PM

Thermodynamics.  The water cooled systems use air fans to cool the water by blowing air across a radiator like in a car.  If the air is too hot the water can't be cooled enough by the fans.  Imagine a car sitting in a traffic jam in the summer and overheating.  The radiator fan is blowing like mad but it can't circulate cool air until it starts driving forward.  In our case the moving car is equivalent to switching on the AC.

So what's your theory Jim?  Are you suggesting that Ken is running 240TH but has directed the bitcoin to a hidden address?

Why can't ken just put a giant radiator or two outdoors?

I'm not suggesting ken has 250th but the AC excuse doesn't check out. He should know that time is crucial in bitcoin mining.
Simon Templar

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 10:48:09 PM

The radiators are only a few inches in length and there is one for every waterblock/chip. 
Pages: « 1 ... 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 [141] 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 ... 272 »
  Print  

Jump to: