Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 08:04:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 [150] 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 ... 272 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ActiveMining] Official Shareholder Discussion Thread [Moderated]  (Read 629713 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
kslaughter

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2014, 08:51:53 PM

The website should also take Bitcoin as payment.  I know Ken will take Bitcoin if someone emails him, but it should be straight forward.  Bank Transfer is the real problem.  That and it probably should come with the cooler.  Or have another SKU that includes the cooler with it.  It's easier for people to buy Antminers that are plug and play than it is jumping through the hoops to buy the arguably cheaper boards VMC is selling.

Our project manager is working on that solution.
fluffypony
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060

GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2014, 09:09:40 PM

There's incompetence, and then there's just plain stupidity. This is an example of the latter.

1. Sign up on Bitpay. Use their start package with 1% fees if you're just testing, or pay your $30 a month for no fees.
2. Download their Prestashop plugin from here or clone from the github repo
3. Follow the 5 steps required to install and configure it

Oh look! You now accept Bitcoin! And it pays out in USD and/or Bitcoin in whatever ratio you like!

Do you want me to invoice you for the time I spent explaining this? Or better yet - fire your "project manager" and hire someone that has 2 braincells and we'll call it even.

gogxmagog
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1010

Ad maiora!

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 09:15:28 PM

There's incompetence, and then there's just plain stupidity. This is an example of the latter.

1. Sign up on Bitpay. Use their start package with 1% fees if you're just testing, or pay your $30 a month for no fees.
2. Download their Prestashop plugin from here or clone from the github repo
3. Follow the 5 steps required to install and configure it

Oh look! You now accept Bitcoin! And it pays out in USD and/or Bitcoin in whatever ratio you like!

Do you want me to invoice you for the time I spent explaining this? Or better yet - fire your "project manager" and hire someone that has 2 braincells and we'll call it even.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.
ChefBorjan

Activity: 148
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 09:22:39 PM

I just google'd "bitcoin payments prestashop".

The bitpay link was the first one that popped up. I hope it wasn't that simple.

If you feel like leaving me a tip: 1MhxTnB5onvEMqF53TDXxVseQZzYZetxw3
fluffypony
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2014, 09:26:04 PM

I just google'd "bitcoin payments prestashop".

The bitpay link was the first one that popped up. I hope it wasn't that simple.

It literally is that simple:) Also, Bitpay has had a Prestashop plugin since November 2012. So this isn't a new thing.

Jasun7211

Activity: 517

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 09:41:38 PM

Coinbase's fees are free up to the first million then 1% after that.  Please use coinbase merchant services.  I work for coinbase so PLEASE Ken or Project Crew if you guys need help ask me.  It is the cheapest option short of creating your own button.  Please feel free to contact me !!!

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
|
WildFire.ca

Activity: 980
Merit: 503

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 09:45:46 PM

The website should also take Bitcoin as payment.  I know Ken will take Bitcoin if someone emails him, but it should be straight forward.  Bank Transfer is the real problem.  That and it probably should come with the cooler.  Or have another SKU that includes the cooler with it.  It's easier for people to buy Antminers that are plug and play than it is jumping through the hoops to buy the arguably cheaper boards VMC is selling.

Our project manager is working on that solution.[/size]
Just email Page @ bitpay and she will figure it all out for you, it takes 60 seconds. Your project manager is way too busy to deal with something like getting payment options to boost sales.

.Minter.                       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
               ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
            ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
          ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▄   ▀▓▀   ▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▄     ▄▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ╟▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ║▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
       ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
           ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
             ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀
                     ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀
||

╓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌        ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀╜        ╙▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓⌐         ▓▓▓▓▓         ╣▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀█▀▀^         ╫▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                     ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                 #▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
 ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
WALLET

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█
finlof

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 09:47:29 PM

The website should also take Bitcoin as payment.  I know Ken will take Bitcoin if someone emails him, but it should be straight forward.  Bank Transfer is the real problem.  That and it probably should come with the cooler.  Or have another SKU that includes the cooler with it.  It's easier for people to buy Antminers that are plug and play than it is jumping through the hoops to buy the arguably cheaper boards VMC is selling.

I'm still waiting on my payment instructions to pay in BTC for the 2 boards i placed an order for this morning.
fluffypony
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2014, 09:47:42 PM

Coinbase's fees are free up to the first million then 1% after that.  Please use coinbase merchant services.  I work for coinbase so PLEASE Ken or Project Crew if you guys need help ask me.  It is the cheapest option short of creating your own button.  Please feel free to contact me !!!

I'm unsure as to whether or not ActiveMining do any actual accounting of any nature, but if they do Bitpay's QuickBooks integration is a clear separator between two reasonably similar offerings.

Jasun7211

Activity: 517

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 09:51:50 PM

A new tax accounting software is going to be released very soon.    No need for the elusive financial report anymore...lol http://blog.coinbase.com/post/84742471117/cost-basis-reports-for-taxes-now-in-beta

Also a looot of other very cool stuff will be coming out very soon!!!

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
|
zumzero

Activity: 602

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2014, 09:52:49 PM
Last edit: May 08, 2014, 10:03:50 PM by zumzero

Hmmmn, tricky.  Go with the new poster whose first post started with a personal insult or take the advice and recommendation from an established and respected shareholder?  What will Ken do?  Tricky.

Edit - Maybe Ken wasn't even talking about his project manager working on Bitcoin website integration but was referring to the project manager creating a product which was more plug and play?  Just a thought.   Wink

The website should also take Bitcoin as payment.  I know Ken will take Bitcoin if someone emails him, but it should be straight forward.  Bank Transfer is the real problem.  That and it probably should come with the cooler.  Or have another SKU that includes the cooler with it.  It's easier for people to buy Antminers that are plug and play than it is jumping through the hoops to buy the arguably cheaper boards VMC is selling.

https://mybitcoin.garden
Bitcoin game where you can earn up to 220% on each planted garden!
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2014, 10:04:04 PM

Ken... since you seem to write here... why am i not getting my shares? Does it hang with you or at ct? I dont think i made anything wrong with the email but in case i did i hope i get an error mail back.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
chalbersma

Activity: 163
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2014, 10:10:43 PM

Ken,

I put the wrong time stamp on my request. How would I go about fixing this?

CRH
thefunkybits
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 10:20:18 PM

lmao...my orders at 0001 filled, DTS is that you?
kslaughter

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2014, 10:48:52 PM

I think its clear that either this project manager is one day a month guy or Ken is a one day a month guy. Two questions:

1) Ken how many days per month do you spend working for this company?

2) Do you own/run any other companies and how many days a week do you work for them?

I work full time, 7 days a week.  I have 1 other company, it runs itself.
somestranger

Activity: 487

Are You Shpongled?

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 10:53:16 PM

I think its clear that either this project manager is one day a month guy or Ken is a one day a month guy. Two questions:

2) Do you own/run any other companies and how many days a week do you work for them?

So then why does it take over a month to fix the website? Why can't you sign up for Bitpay and install their prestashop plugin in an hour to automate bitcoin payment?
kslaughter

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2014, 10:58:01 PM

So then why does it take over a month to fix the website? Why can't you sign up for Bitpay and install their prestashop plugin in an hour to automate bitcoin payment?

First of all, I don't want to do business with bitpay because they are in bed with BFL.  Second, there are a lot of other things going on in the background that need to be taken care of, i.e datacenter, cash flow, lawyers, MSD, customer service, just to name a few.
bigdude

Activity: 896

Dolphins Finance TRUSTED FINANCE

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 11:20:24 PM

First of all, I don't want to do business with bitpay because they are in bed with BFL. 

So you used Mt.Gox instead - strong logic!

In anycase, so use coinbase then and get it going already.

You want to sell to the btc community but don't accept btc ... you MUST know this is a huge flaw right?

sparky999

Activity: 473

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 11:47:56 PM

First of all, I don't want to do business with bitpay because they are in bed with BFL.  Second, there are a lot of other things going on in the background that need to be taken care of, i.e datacenter, cash flow, lawyers, MSD, customer service, just to name a few.

I thought the project manager takes care of the data center, the customer service rep takes care of the customer service and the lawyer takes care of the MSD - am I wrong about this? If not then what are you doing all day to stop you from sorting out the website?

Website is our number one source of profit and it is a joke, I could fix it up in less than 4 hours. what the hell are you doing all day?Huh This should have been fixed over a month ago.
shaofis

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 12:47:15 AM

First of all, I don't want to do business with bitpay because they are in bed with BFL.  Second, there are a lot of other things going on in the background that need to be taken care of, i.e datacenter, cash flow, lawyers, MSD, customer service, just to name a few.

Ken,

You do recognize that VMC's is measured on the same scale as BFL. The way you handle and present yourself to customers who placed pre-orders and your timeliness in delivering products are all measured at large by the community.

We "Share Holders" don't have the day to day information or understand from your perspective. We only see your interactions with people here in a public forum and from time to time do see areas of concern; both including your interactions and your presence (Web page, etc).

Shao
Pages: « 1 ... 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 [150] 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 ... 272 »
  Print  

Jump to: