Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:01:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [RET] ReMoneta - a uniquely stable, reward-based online payment currency  (Read 12679 times)
Philip Ruby

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 10:46:57 AM

Can your coin be mined? Is that possible for any coin or...?

This is also from their FAQ

They ise community mining and explain it the following way:

In keeping with the company’s values of unity and sustainability, ReMoneta places great emphasis on creating a community, rather than just a currency.

As such, rather than using the usual energy intensive method of cryptocurrency mining to create new coins, ReMoneta offers rewards to users for taking actions that support and expand the ReMoneta community by bringing in new members, retailers, and service providers, or by promoting the community’s shared values. The system is monitored and approved by the community itself.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Philip Ruby

Activity: 70

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 12:07:38 PM

Can you please name few key features that will separate ReMoneta from other similar payments system,some features that will give you an advantage over competition?

This is how they have explained it in their FAQ:

How is ReMoneta different from other online currencies?

There are a lot of differences, but here are some key points:

- We are the only currency we know where the companies are backed by land, giving long-term stability and security to the companies;

- Dual-token system where the price of RET floats, and ReMoneta is stable;

- “Anyone, Anytime, Anywhere” approach. Zero transactions costs, near instant transaction speeds, open to everybody.

- Community mining, where you are rewarded for promoting positive shared values and expanding the community.

- In fact all the differences combined are what is needed to allow Crypto to Connect to Commerce and then we can take Crypto to the mainstream.

Can you explain this bold part,"backed by land",what that exactly means?

They have explained land backing in their Telegram chat the following way (I just copy-pasted):

The use of land backing is to give stability to the currency. First, you have a large value backing the currency, so it is not just "hot air" or based on future promises which might never be realised - even fiat currencies like the dollar rise and fall due to political and economic vagaries of the US. We even beat fiat currencies in that way. It solves the problem a lot of people have been talking about that crypto has no real value. Now it does. Second, land is a stable asset, so it is better for creating a stable-priced currency, its more secure and safe. Third, land has always increased in value and over the long term it is the best asset for storing value (see the white paper Philosophy, there is a study by Oxford Unviersity looking at the last 200 years of different asset values). Trust, security, real value, stability. These are some of the core concepts of ReMoneta.

I don't agree that land has always increased in value. It largely depends on the country stability and start land value. But it does make sense if the location is really good.

Choosing good locations and land units which enable value increase is also discussed in more detail in their philosophy paper. It is a bit longer than white paper, but I recommend reading it, a lot of valuable information.
bibliobusz

Activity: 224

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 12:12:25 PM

Can you please name few key features that will separate ReMoneta from other similar payments system,some features that will give you an advantage over competition?

- We are the only currency we know where the companies are backed by land, giving long-term stability and security to the companies;

- “Anyone, Anytime, Anywhere” approach. Zero transactions costs, near instant transaction speeds, open to everybody.

- Community mining, where you are rewarded for promoting positive shared values and expanding the community.

- In fact all the differences combined are what is needed to allow Crypto to Connect to Commerce and then we can take Crypto to the mainstream.

They have explained land backing in their Telegram chat the following way (I just copy-pasted):

The use of land backing is to give stability to the currency. First, you have a large value backing the currency, so it is not just "hot air" or based on future promises which might never be realised - even fiat currencies like the dollar rise and fall due to political and economic vagaries of the US. We even beat fiat currencies in that way. It solves the problem a lot of people have been talking about that crypto has no real value. Now it does. Second, land is a stable asset, so it is better for creating a stable-priced currency, its more secure and safe. Third, land has always increased in value and over the long term it is the best asset for storing value (see the white paper Philosophy, there is a study by Oxford Unviersity looking at the last 200 years of different asset values). Trust, security, real value, stability. These are some of the core concepts of ReMoneta.

I don't agree that land has always increased in value. It largely depends on the country stability and start land value. But it does make sense if the location is really good.

Choosing good locations and land units which enable value increase is also discussed in more detail in their philosophy paper. It is a bit longer than white paper, but I recommend reading it, a lot of valuable information.

Thank you for the tip. I hadn't even noticed that they have such a type of paper.
Arcanium

Activity: 36

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 12:59:46 PM

Is there any other way to get some Remoneta if we can't invest?

Yeah, i would also like to know

You can go to www.remoneta.com and click buy tokens. You can either buy directly if there is still some extended hard cap left or you can put in your order. If there is enough orders, they understand that the community wants more and they have promised to be a community driven project. I was able to buy already the first time because I put my order in beforehand. There was no question if I can make it during the 3-hour sale or not.

So you want to say the only way to get coins i must buy it. There is no some bounty or something to get coins?
Kobila49

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 01:04:55 PM

The use of land backing is to give stability to the currency. First, you have a large value backing the currency, so it is not just "hot air" or based on future promises which might never be realised - even fiat currencies like the dollar rise and fall due to political and economic vagaries of the US. We even beat fiat currencies in that way. It solves the problem a lot of people have been talking about that crypto has no real value. Now it does.

Second, the land is a stable asset, so it is better for creating a stable-priced currency, it's more secure and safe. Third, the land has always increased in value and over the long term, it is the best asset for storing value (see the white paper Philosophy, there is a study by Oxford University looking at the last 200 years of different asset values). Trust, security, real value, stability. These are some of the core concepts of ReMoneta.

How can we check that?Does Remoneta has to own that land or?

Yes, ReMoneta already owns land and as the projects develops more will be purchased to have a global portfolio.

Where can we check the portfolio?

Hi!

The portfolio will be visible to all buyers once our network goes live in April 2019.

-Liina

This is an interesting concept and I look forward to checking more from the portfolio. stable assets are the base from what I see.

I didn't know that land ownership is one of the preferred asset holding. Why is this so?

Am i understand this wrong or you are buying real estates? Seems pretty interesting though.
johnmiles

Activity: 147

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 01:07:55 PM

Can anyone put a link here for that Philosophy paper. I am trying to go to www.remoneta.com but i have problems :S
Arcanium

Activity: 36

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 01:09:16 PM

Can anyone put a link here for that Philosophy paper. I am trying to go to www.remoneta.com but i have problems :S

Here you go mate Cheesy http://www.remoneta.com/assets/Philosophy.pdf
CptPizzard

Activity: 160

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 01:12:45 PM

I recommend reading their white paper. As this project is so much different from all other ICO-s.

I am trying to read it. It is not so intuitive. I will check that Technical paper and philosophy that people are mentioning.
Noruka

Activity: 910
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 02:28:47 PM

You say patent filed, but maybe you can explain what the patent is about? Or at least give a hint?

Sure. The patent is for the network system and how it all works together creating a unique solution. For instance the stability, micropayments, backing, incorporating real world values into the technology, machine modelling and some technical details. As traditionally, we will still be open source for all the community coding, drive and development. The idea behind this is to protect our community from the large banks, corporates and government.

Ok but for now it is still a pending patent if I understood correctly or are you confident it will go through?

My understanding about patents that are pending, it will be approved in due time as long as there's no other existing patent(s) that it's infringing upon. Also, if the patent submission is explained clearly enough for it to make sense, at the very least.

And those are two important issues you raised when it comes to pending vs. approved. Pending doesn't automatically mean it gets approved.

I'm not sure how anyone can think anything else XD Pending means it has to go through other patent claims (if there are any of the same kind) and it has to get checked by the commision. After that, I think there is a small period of time where someone can veto the decision (but I could be wrong) and then it's approved.

Again, if it is pending it is subject to all required investigation, included the fact that no other entity or person filed the same thing.

Is it really possible to research if your patent idea is original enough so you know what your chances are?

A patent claim or request is usually done to ensure that the idea created is not copied and is protected from being copied by others. Also, presumably the patent creator requesting for this had done its due diligence in cross-checking if their patent claim is an original one and isn't infringing on another. Grin

Hope that is very clear enough to understand that there isn't anything to worry about regarding this.  Wink

If that is how it works then that's fine. I thought the agency you file the patent with will also do some research on whether there might be some competing patent that is in conflict of a new filing.

Patents are been filed!! but know that people look for a way around it

Why for a way around it? You mean those who want to be competitors? That's what you have to expect if you have strong technology and patents. They will look for ways to build a similar system without violating patents.

Exactly, today you have to expect corporate espionage.If you don't take that into account I dare to say that you are incompetent.

Cheesy When you work with open source software protocols it's no wonder that others are having a look at your protocol. I mean that's supposed to happen. You just have to be better and faster than the others.

Haha thats true,one of the drawbacks of open source,but in the end us users should benefit from that the most,as we will get best product.

We will benefit the most that is right, but only if we stop supporting scam forks with our money because we hope we can double up quickly. These scams should be fully ignored.
hyunpark

Activity: 247

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 03:18:58 PM

You say patent filed, but maybe you can explain what the patent is about? Or at least give a hint?

Sure. The patent is for the network system and how it all works together creating a unique solution. For instance the stability, micropayments, backing, incorporating real world values into the technology, machine modelling and some technical details. As traditionally, we will still be open source for all the community coding, drive and development. The idea behind this is to protect our community from the large banks, corporates and government.

Ok but for now it is still a pending patent if I understood correctly or are you confident it will go through?

My understanding about patents that are pending, it will be approved in due time as long as there's no other existing patent(s) that it's infringing upon. Also, if the patent submission is explained clearly enough for it to make sense, at the very least.

And those are two important issues you raised when it comes to pending vs. approved. Pending doesn't automatically mean it gets approved.

I'm not sure how anyone can think anything else XD Pending means it has to go through other patent claims (if there are any of the same kind) and it has to get checked by the commision. After that, I think there is a small period of time where someone can veto the decision (but I could be wrong) and then it's approved.

Again, if it is pending it is subject to all required investigation, included the fact that no other entity or person filed the same thing.

Is it really possible to research if your patent idea is original enough so you know what your chances are?

A patent claim or request is usually done to ensure that the idea created is not copied and is protected from being copied by others. Also, presumably the patent creator requesting for this had done its due diligence in cross-checking if their patent claim is an original one and isn't infringing on another. Grin

Hope that is very clear enough to understand that there isn't anything to worry about regarding this.  Wink

If that is how it works then that's fine. I thought the agency you file the patent with will also do some research on whether there might be some competing patent that is in conflict of a new filing.

Patents are been filed!! but know that people look for a way around it

Why for a way around it? You mean those who want to be competitors? That's what you have to expect if you have strong technology and patents. They will look for ways to build a similar system without violating patents.

Exactly, today you have to expect corporate espionage.If you don't take that into account I dare to say that you are incompetent.

Cheesy When you work with open source software protocols it's no wonder that others are having a look at your protocol. I mean that's supposed to happen. You just have to be better and faster than the others.

Haha thats true,one of the drawbacks of open source,but in the end us users should benefit from that the most,as we will get best product.

We will benefit the most that is right, but only if we stop supporting scam forks with our money because we hope we can double up quickly. These scams should be fully ignored.

it is quite difficult to detect scams right away. How can we then double up
HadleyBarrett

Activity: 67

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 04:26:28 PM

When can we expect exchange listing, how soon after end of the ICO?

As soon as Bancor can arrange it.

How can I invest in Remoneta? Is there a minimum investment?

In previous sale stage minimum was 100 usd. Maybe it will be the same this time too.

I hope so,that sounds like a reasonable amount,so many people can join the sale

Is there time to go through proof of care to get the bonus?

Yes. Go ahead, there are some good bonuses to earn.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes, over the long term is the meaning. For more information on this, see the Oxford university study looking at land prices during the last 200 years in our Philosophy Paper, www.ReMoneta.com. Our pricing is based on an intelligent computer model set again the long term value. It is not impacted by short term or geographic fluctuations, neither is the land portfolio since it is a global portfolio so it averages out any country-specific effects.
HadleyBarrett

Activity: 67

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 04:36:50 PM

Hello dears! How unique Remonta combines modern technology and a strong economy, allowing to solve the shortcomings of the currency system!

I agree that cryptocurrency in general is an opportunity by itself already and is definitely addressing a lot of the shortcomings of the traditional currency system. Cool

Nonetheless, RET is a cryptocurrency also. Roll Eyes But ReMoneta is addressing the shortcomings of cryptocurrency too, that's why it's implementing a dual token system, precisely to allows its users to have completely stable pricing with no volatility and to give its users the best of both worlds, to switch into. Smiley

Could someone explain meaning of dual token system?

I found a definition, and it goes like this: "A dual token is a technology which the project uses to create cryptographic assets for the ICO on two blockchain platforms".

Here is an article you can read if you want to understand it better Smiley https://medium.com/digital-finance/how-an-ico-project-can-issue-and-manage-dual-tokens-ab8c72e03778

Thank you for sharing this. "Say the ICO project issues 40% of tokens on Waves and 60% on Ethereum upon the crowdsale completion. In this case, the total number of tokens the project promised to release before the ICO remains unchanged upon the crowdsale completion."
- what is your approach in this?

Ok, this is how this works:
We have RET and ReMoneta. RET is an ERC20 token sold in the token sale which runs on Ethereum. So you can use it right away on the Ethereum network. RET us floating in price/ tradable.
ReMoneta runs on the ReMoneta (adapted-hyperledger network). This gives all the benefits listed in the WP. ReMoneta has an intelligent computer model-controlled price, is stable and increasing and cannot be traded.
Anyone who buys during the token sale can swap RET to ReMoneta at any time 1:1. You can swap back any time you like at the market price for RET.

positiveoutlook

Activity: 175

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 08:48:23 PM

Hello dears! How unique Remonta combines modern technology and a strong economy, allowing to solve the shortcomings of the currency system!

I agree that cryptocurrency in general is an opportunity by itself already and is definitely addressing a lot of the shortcomings of the traditional currency system. Cool

Nonetheless, RET is a cryptocurrency also. Roll Eyes But ReMoneta is addressing the shortcomings of cryptocurrency too, that's why it's implementing a dual token system, precisely to allows its users to have completely stable pricing with no volatility and to give its users the best of both worlds, to switch into. Smiley

Could someone explain meaning of dual token system?

I found a definition, and it goes like this: "A dual token is a technology which the project uses to create cryptographic assets for the ICO on two blockchain platforms".

Here is an article you can read if you want to understand it better Smiley https://medium.com/digital-finance/how-an-ico-project-can-issue-and-manage-dual-tokens-ab8c72e03778

Thank you for sharing this. "Say the ICO project issues 40% of tokens on Waves and 60% on Ethereum upon the crowdsale completion. In this case, the total number of tokens the project promised to release before the ICO remains unchanged upon the crowdsale completion."
- what is your approach in this?

Ok, this is how this works:
We have RET and ReMoneta. RET is an ERC20 token sold in the token sale which runs on Ethereum. So you can use it right away on the Ethereum network. RET us floating in price/ tradable.
ReMoneta runs on the ReMoneta (adapted-hyperledger network). This gives all the benefits listed in the WP. ReMoneta has an intelligent computer model-controlled price, is stable and increasing and cannot be traded.
Anyone who buys during the token sale can swap RET to ReMoneta at any time 1:1. You can swap back any time you like at the market price for RET.

Thanx for the extensive explanation Smiley really appreciate and it helps a lot of new people.
BoycieBuahaha

Activity: 152

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 10:00:48 PM

Is there any other way to get some Remoneta if we can't invest?

Yeah, i would also like to know

You can go to www.remoneta.com and click buy tokens. You can either buy directly if there is still some extended hard cap left or you can put in your order. If there is enough orders, they understand that the community wants more and they have promised to be a community driven project. I was able to buy already the first time because I put my order in beforehand. There was no question if I can make it during the 3-hour sale or not.

You were smart, some us missed the chance, but hopefully we will get another one Smiley
Ridethewave

Activity: 211

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 10:35:21 PM

Zero transactions costs, near instant transaction speeds, open to everybody is what I really like about Remoneta as it fits perfectly to stable coin.
Blackladder

Activity: 166

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 11:20:03 PM

Zero transactions costs, near instant transaction speeds, open to everybody is what I really like about Remoneta as it fits perfectly to stable coin.

I must agree on this one, as fees are still the killer when it comes to crypto.
Dzefa

Activity: 103

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 12:43:05 AM

What was the maximum number of tokens contributed in the token sale?
Londondungeon

Activity: 192
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 03:10:45 AM

How did the last sale round go? Is everything sold already?
snowcommander

Activity: 280

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 07:26:16 AM

How did the last sale round go? Is everything sold already?

I would also like some updates from the team regarding Wednesday's sale if possible
SoonAmoon

Activity: 224

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 07:30:27 AM

What was the maximum number of tokens contributed in the token sale?

That would be 50,000,000,000 RET. And that's a lot of zeroes!
Pages: « 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 »
  Print  

Jump to: