Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:39:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 [90] 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 ... 153 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Bittrex - Next generation exchange (btc/ltc/eac/ppc/rdd/ftc/and more)  (Read 167693 times)
tommyj11

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 07:22:56 AM

System upgrades in progress
Due to unprecedented user growth and request load, we are currently performing upgrades on our back-end systems. We are attempting to minimize trading impact but we expect short rolling outages on all markets. Downtime should be limited to 20 minutes per market but can be up to one hour. All wallets will be available for deposits and withdrawals. If status changes, we willll update this message.

so what update? support utdate?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ashokatano

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 11:53:18 AM

Same thing here. Name Mismatch on enhanced verification. Waiting and waiting. And I'm from the UK.

Tbh I wasn't even worried that much until they've reduced my withdrawal limits from 0.025 to 0 with NO WARNING. It prompted me to have a read online and then I've realised the extent of the problem. There seems to be pretty much zero support for the tickets at least from low 400-thousands up now around high 500-thousands. That's over 100k tickets and it seems good few k of new tickets get created every day.

Pretty clear this is now way beyond the point of incompetence and something criminal is going on. I have around $6k stuck on bittrex. If there is any UK/US/EU lawsuit going on I'll be happy to chip in.
MightyGhost

Activity: 39

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 12:22:19 PM

If to close the account on Bittrex, will they return the money back? I haven't found any info about that!

You would have to FIRST get their support to answer the damn support tickets!
Maybe someone has already closed account there and it is needed to know if they will return money? Because in account deletion request it is written that account cannot be recovered after deletion.

I tried that one.  I requested to have my account closed and have my funds released.  However, they will not entertain any other request until the account is verified, and the verification process never completes.  I told them that even if my account were verified that I would never use their services again anyway.  I do not trust them anymore ---> they don't honor their own terms of service and they do whatever they want, whenever they want, without notice.
I'm sure they have no right to do that. They take money from unverified people, but to give them back they require verification that might never be successful!

OK, lets assume the verification is needed by laws in THEIR country. Then they should give the money back to unverified accounts and close them, not stealing the money.
bakra

Activity: 75
Merit: 5

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 12:31:03 PM

I think this need more attention in the media.
Does anybody know how to get this story on CNN?
MightyGhost

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 12:55:21 PM
Last edit: November 30, 2017, 01:06:13 PM by MightyGhost

Looks like most of the people don't see the point of the problem.

It's not about your tickets, support activity, verification procedure. It's about fairness, trust. WE HAD NO SUCH DEAL! We didn't agree that if account isn't verified they can block it! Why is that?

Imagine you working with someone in some business, you trust your money to him. And one day he says: "Hey, I will not give your money back to you. I don't know you good enough! I need more information about you, your family, your biography... Do you have a car? Maybe problems with a law? Do you drink alcohol (I don't trust alcoholics)? I need your fingerprints too... Can you dance - I'd like to give money only to a good dancer first"...
eye1

Activity: 23

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 01:00:12 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5H47-gpRww

https://twitter.com/hashtag/BittrexTrouble?src=hash
bakra

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 01:12:58 PM

In that Youtube video they only talk about certain countries, but the problem is worldwide. I'm from Europe and have the same problem, as well as a lot of people from the US.
It has to be more in the mainstream media so Bittrex knows their reputation is going south even more if they don't solve these problems quickly.
Christian james

Activity: 4

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 01:14:16 PM

Following.
They might have problems with the government, they might have an unexpected high volume of new requests, they might be understaffed... it can be anything, but one thing is for sure: you can't treat your clients like this. People opened a ticket without getting a reply for weeks or months. Not a company I want to be in business with, they won't see a cent from me anymore, even if I get my money back.

+ these thieves checking this topic everyday, but no action , no answer

julian (CEO) :
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=332203

richiela (Bittrex admin - topic starter) :
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=96390

ryan (Bittrex admin) :
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=171880

Why theyr acounts are still active? Why the Bitcointalk staff don`t bann them, regarding the situation?  At least provide the IP`s to the police! I live in Europe, i can`t call to 911 as a SUA citisen, but the SUA residents who have money stuck in Bittrex, what the hell they are doing?!  Call CNN, report them to autorities,  make a video, upload it on youtube!
eye1

Activity: 23

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 01:18:21 PM

I think this need more attention in the media.
Does anybody know how to get this story on CNN?

I asked few prominent figures from cryptoworld to report on this. Maybe more of us should ask. Twitter is a fine source.
a-zimmerer

Activity: 35

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 01:22:59 PM

I'm sure they have no right to do that. They take money from unverified people, but to give them back they require verification that might never be successful!

OK, lets assume the verification is needed by laws in THEIR country. Then they should give the money back to unverified accounts and close them, not stealing the money.

That's the point. You can't just allow deposits and if you want to withdraw get an error message about required verification.
That's completely BS! The user has to be warned first that every deposit is stuck without verification first. And they should have warned LAGECY user to withdraw coins before a certain date or accounts will be switched to NEW accounts. They did absolutely nothing about this. They let every user run into the knive.

I advice EVERYBODY to leave negative feedback for these thieves.
I already did it because Bittrex is treating LOYAL customers like shit.

Click link below and then on TRUST. Give negativ fedback:

ryan (Bittrex admin) :

Bill (Bittrex admin) :
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=252559

AGAIN: BITTREX please give all LOYAL LEGACY users the possibility to withdraw their funds until end of year.
That would be perfectly fine for me! Thank you.
Colorblind

Activity: 392
Merit: 41

This text is irrelevant

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 01:32:18 PM

Imagine you working with someone in some business, you trust your money to him. And one day he says: "Hey, I will not give your money back to you. I don't know you good enough! I need more information about you, your family, your biography... Do you have a car? Maybe problems with a law? Do you drink alcohol (I don't trust alcoholics)? I need your fingerprints too... Can you dance - I'd like to give money only to a good dancer first"...

I'll play the devil's advocate here.
Even though on a human level I agree with your logic.
1. BitCoin isn't money, not for US company. Neither other tokens.
2. Even if BitCoins were considered as money, they would still require full compliance with KYC/AML. Have you ever been to bank? They always ask same questions. Dealing with money was insanely complicated for ages. Dealing with BTC suppose to be easier, but only until point of "exit" where you have to go back dealing with banks once again.

It would really helped if Bittrex was more transparent on their banking relations and the actual requirements they follow, but I think they won't, simply because all those requirements not written yet so they follow vague recommendations to avoid any possible trouble. That results in ugly collateral damage as we see.
a-zimmerer

Activity: 35

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 01:34:57 PM

Looks like most of the people don't see the point of the problem.

It's not about your tickets, support activity, verification procedure. It's about fairness, trust. WE HAD NO SUCH DEAL! We didn't agree that if account isn't verified they can block it! Why is that?

Absolutely,

I think it is time to get in contact with the mainstream media.
Bittrex completelly fukked up and now users have to deal with it.
BITTREX authorities ignore everyone. That's absolutly unprofessional
and you can't treat your customers like that. Especially Richiela
is handling the situation wrong.Banning users. Maybe he needs some time in prison
to get his head clear again. I will now contact my lawyer since
Richiela and his Bittrex gang are just ignoring everybody.
His autoverification system is a disaster and it doesn't work.
I don't trust this guy but I trust the LAW . Deal with it MF

AGAIN: BITTREX please give all LOYAL LEGACY users the possibility to withdraw their funds until end of year.
That would be perfectly fine for me! Thank you.

MightyGhost

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 02:09:08 PM

So? That doesn't matter... Not only money can be stolen. Stealing a bitcoin, stealing a car, stealing your shoes is still a stealing...

2. Even if BitCoins were considered as money, they would still require full compliance with KYC/AML.
That doesn't give someone a right to steal, block someone's money. They shouldn't accept money from unverified accounts at all if they have such policy. They have no legal right to block someone's money at all. They can block account, but should return the money.
gembitz

Activity: 1834
Merit: 639

*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 02:17:30 PM

Following.
They might have problems with the government, they might have an unexpected high volume of new requests, they might be understaffed... it can be anything, but one thing is for sure: you can't treat your clients like this. People opened a ticket without getting a reply for weeks or months. Not a company I want to be in business with, they won't see a cent from me anymore, even if I get my money back.

+ these thieves checking this topic everyday, but no action , no answer

julian (CEO) :
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=332203

ryan (Bittrex admin) :

i wonder if ryan is still in colorado? i'll be looking into this documents :\  ~stay tuned<<<

©2021*MY POSTS ARE STRICTLY FOR NOVELTY AND/OR PRESERVATION/COLLECTING PURPOSES ONLY!*It should not be regarded as investment/trading advice.*advocate to promote sharing and free software for the bitcoin community* #EFF #FSF #XTZ ===> START WITH NOTHING AND BUILD IT INTO SOMETHING!
Colorblind

Activity: 392
Merit: 41

This text is irrelevant

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 03:02:00 PM

So? That doesn't matter... Not only money can be stolen. Stealing a bitcoin, stealing a car, stealing your shoes is still a stealing...

2. Even if BitCoins were considered as money, they would still require full compliance with KYC/AML.
That doesn't give someone a right to steal, block someone's money. They shouldn't accept money from unverified accounts at all if they have such policy. They have no legal right to block someone's money at all. They can block account, but should return the money.

I agree - stealing is bad.
But true nature of a problem as usual lies in it's definition.

You treat BTC as you would treat money (because in essence that what BTC is). However from the legal standpoint BTC isn't money and can be legally treated vastly different (banks and other entities are bound by law to exchange money for goods and services, and can be prosecuted to do stuff with your money).

In other words you can't do with money things you can do with coins and vice-versa. For example - they (Bittrex) can accept BTC, and then suddenly suspend your account without giving you reason for suspension (they wouldn't be able to do that with money). In this case they are not locking your money, they locking your "THING" and they can, for example, tell you that they have lost your "THING" in a fire and pay you back for it with the amount that thing was worth when you deposited it (That's one terrible scenario I expect to see in this situation). Or they can hold that "THING" because it may fit into some digital goods export limitation to certain countries like Iran. You can't and never should call BitCoin money if you have anything to do with jurisdiction that does not agree with you on that account.

Remember, when you giving some service your BTCs you automatically agree to play the game by their rules, and usually rules are rigged in their favor. I don't really see any viable solution to enforce BTC back from bittrex at this point, I'm 99% positive any lawsuit will fail because of their TOS and legal status of BTC in US.

That's bitter and suck and bad and all. But that's what other countries get when they deal with US nowadays.
gembitz

Activity: 1834
Merit: 639

*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 03:07:06 PM

bittrex is afraid of decentralized exchanges and the essence of bitcoin core fundamental values are at odds with this group~they want to regulate crypto by fuckery !! :\ i'll show you regulation<<lol

https://www.reddit.com/r/BitShares/comments/73yowg/why_is_bts_being_delisted_from_bittrex/

THEY DELISTED BITSHARES ONE OF THE MOST LEGIT COINS IN THE MARKET ^WTFFFF

©2021*MY POSTS ARE STRICTLY FOR NOVELTY AND/OR PRESERVATION/COLLECTING PURPOSES ONLY!*It should not be regarded as investment/trading advice.*advocate to promote sharing and free software for the bitcoin community* #EFF #FSF #XTZ ===> START WITH NOTHING AND BUILD IT INTO SOMETHING!
tskala

Activity: 1

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 04:28:33 PM

Well, I personally don't think that Bittrex is a scam.
Rising of popularity of the cryptocurrencies causes a huge flow of the newcomers.
Based on that we can surely assume that the number of support tickets at Bittrex has increased tremendously over the past few past months.
Even though i am also having a user verification issue - Request #483003, I just think, that they need some time to process all these tickets.
There are many examples of people having theirs tickets solved.
On the other hand, I would expected someone from Bittrex to give an official announcment that they are indeed working on improvents of their support system.
tomkat

Activity: 1022
Merit: 507

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 04:52:07 PM

Well, I personally don't think that Bittrex is a scam.
Rising of popularity of the cryptocurrencies causes a huge flow of the newcomers.
Based on that we can surely assume that the number of support tickets at Bittrex has increased tremendously over the past few past months.
Even though i am also having a user verification issue - Request #483003, I just think, that they need some time to process all these tickets.
There are many examples of people having theirs tickets solved.
On the other hand, I would expected someone from Bittrex to give an official announcment that they are indeed working on improvents of their support system.

I think you don't get the point here.
The problem is that Bittrex allowed (and still allows) for deposits from unverified users, but doesn't allow to withdraw anything unless you're verified.
They should have clearly stated, that you can deposit your funds BUT you will be able to withdraw AFTER verification.
Can you see anything like that here https://bittrex.com/account/Register or here https://bittrex.com/Home/Terms?
bakra

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 04:56:49 PM

This might also be a trick from the IRS.
It was just on Dutch television that in the USA between 2013 and 2015 only 802 people told the IRS they had crypto but when they started to investigate it there were a lot more people having it.
I don't know how the tax rules are in the US, but in The Netherlands they take the date of 1st jan to see how many money/crypto you posses.
So if that is the same in the US there is a chance it will be available again after the 1st of januari, so you can't remove it before that date.
It also declares why they also want all your personal data. Seems like Bittrex is just a puppet from the IRS.

Time for decentralized exchanges.
adamvp

Activity: 1246
Merit: 708

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 05:43:39 PM

I had an account some time  ago but I forgot credentials..
Can I make a new account ,
Maybe I find data of old account someday..
I don't want to be restricted then!

It says here that you are allowed multiple accounts, but if you reuse any phone number or identification your accounts will get automatically disabled. You have to tell them about it before reusing the same ID.

https://support.bittrex.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001262712-Multiple-Accounts-Phone-and-Identification-Reuse-Policy

Also bittrex's terms say it can refuse to let you open more than one account for any reason.

https://bittrex.com/Home/Terms

2.2 Number of Bittrex Accounts. Bittrex may, in its sole discretion, limit the number of Bittrex Accounts that you may hold, maintain, or acquire.

I found my credentials, but now I am really dejected because I saw my withdrawal limits as 0  Huh
What kind of creatures it needs to be to ruin people lives for money :/ Sad

I am looking for signature campaign Wink pm me
Pages: « 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 [90] 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 ... 153 »
  Print  

Jump to: