Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 02:25:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 [96] 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 ... 153 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Bittrex - Next generation exchange (btc/ltc/eac/ppc/rdd/ftc/and more)  (Read 167681 times)
Riddleshizzle

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 10:52:38 PM

Sometimes I have the feeling people are writing without reading the previous comments  Huh  It's not all about the constantly failing verification process.
It's about people getting forced to do a enhanced verification for even 0.1 BTC! It's about changing withdrawel limits to 0 without giving
loyal customers a heads up or a date  when this will happen.On the other hand deposits are always unlimited!?
Foreign customers are forced to do a enhanced verification because BASIC only works but often fails for US customers.
Why is this ? BASIC should be open to anybody not only US customers.

By changing terms WITHOUT WARNING their customers they are STEALING funds and breaking law that's illegal in every country.
I don't trust them and I will not send them my ID, drivers license or anything else so my coins are STOLEN by them.
[/size]

I'm sure there has to be something in their original terms that states that terms are subject to change.  By creating an account, you would have agreed to those open ended terms.  They didn't steal your money.  You can get it if you choose to... you just choose not to.

KYC laws are everywhere you go nowadays.  You're not going to get away from them forever.  If you're a foreigner exchanging money on a US based exchange, you have to accept the fact that US laws regarding foreign investing, especially in something as gray of an area as crypto trading, are going to change and be enforced differently day to day.  You can adapt and accept it, or you can sit here and complain that your "coins were stolen".  If it were my money, I would buck up and get it off the exchange.  If you're a foreigner, and you aren't allowed to get it off the exchange because of US regulatory action of whatever kind, then you have a beef with the US financial regulations system, not Bittrex.

Either way... shit or get off the pot.  If you want your money, you'll find a way to get it without crying about it.  I was kind and polite to support, and they were the same to me and resolved my issue in under an hour.  I'd love to see what your original support ticket said.  Did you accuse them of stealing when you wrote to them?

-Fuse

Glad you had no issue. I've taken a similar route, I've only made 1 polite ticket so far and I feel I've been fairly patient considering the funds I have on this exchange and the 2+ weeks I've waited for a response of some sort. I've basic verified but it failed with my true identity. My issue right now is whether or not basic verification works for non U.S citizens at all (I'm Canadian, not from Eastern EUR/RUS/IRAN etc). If so, it should be clearly stated that citizens outside the U.S can only do Enhanced verification. I'm fine with verifying my identity, I'm just cautious about where those ID scan will go to in the future, government is probably better then turning up on a black market.

I also find it a little odd that trex doesn't block deposits and trading for non verified members if they don't want those people to use the exchange.

Let me help you. Read the above quoted text of their Article 13 of Bittrex in my previous post.

It basically says that your ID is theirs. And they will use it without your consent, so let alone that they will store it right, etc.

I think I will be writing a few articles soon about privacy handling. I know that EU-laws are super strict, so those exchanges adhering to those rules is better your own sake.

Just a 10 seconds google.

Coinmate, EU based.

16. Data

16.1 We are registered with the Information Commissioner for the processing of the personal data of our customers.

16.2 UK law requires all financial institutions to assist in the fight against money laundering activities and the funding of terrorism by obtaining, verifying, and recording identifying information about all customers. We may therefore require you to supply us with personal identifying information and we may also legally consult other sources to obtain information about you.

16.3 By accepting these Terms you authorise us to make any inquiries we consider necessary to validate the information that you provide to us. We may do this directly, for example by asking you for additional information, requiring you to take steps to confirm ownership of your trade orders or email address; or by verifying your information against third party databases; or through other sources. All information provided by you will be treated securely and strictly in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.

16.4 You consent to our processing your personal information for the purposes of providing the Services and you acknowledge that you have read and consented to Coinmate s Privacy Policy.

16.5 We may be required by law to provide information about you and your activities on the Site to government or other competent authorities as described in our Privacy Policy.

Well compare it with the above.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Starving_Marvin

Activity: 511
Merit: 250

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 11:36:19 PM

Ok guys so I had my account verified yesterday to echanced. You might've seen me posting in this and some other threads. My thing was Name Mismatch on echanced verification.

What I did, step by step, in case anyone finds it helpful:
1. 19th Nov - Created support ticket with uploaded scan of my passport (at this point I thought this whole thing is just inconvienient and been withdrawing bit by bit to the tiny limit I still had).
2. Waited 7 days - no resoponse. Somewhere withing these 7 days I've noticed my account was changed to "new" and my withdrawal limit to 0 with no notice or warning. This got me really worried.
3. 26th Nov - I've replied to the same ticket asking for an update.
4. At this point I also started reading on the extent of this problem and got really worried. Tried to get somehow in touch with Bittrex, started posting my ticket number on forums as well as in replies to @BittrexExchange and @ramikawach. I've tried to get their attention to all the bad publicity their company is getting. In tweets, I didn't post begs - there were 100s of these. I tried to ask a constructive question like "when can we get an update on support ticket backlog" etc, but always included my ticket number.
5. Read lots of threads on this topic, including r/Bittrex and r/Bittrexscam.
6. 2nd Dec - Some superstar on reddit said he got his ticket verified after emailing bill@bittrex and also that he got a reply from ryan@bittrex.
7. 2nd Dec - I've emailed these two chaps with a polite request to have a look at my case. I've tried not to sound angry or confrontational. From my own dealings with customers at work, I know how easy it's to get someone in to defensive mode so I've tried to avoid that.
8. 2nd Dec - Got automatic reply from Bill saying he reads all emails but might not reply if he's too busy and also that for support issues I should be contacting support.bittrex.com. No reply from Ryan.
9. 2nd Dec - At this point I've also uploaded to my ticket a new HD selfie plus another selfie of me holding passport next to my face (this is in addition to the passport scan I've uploaded originaly with the ticket).
10. 3rd Dec - Twelve hours later my account got approved for enchaced.
11. I took out all my coins to ledger.
12. Can sleep again.

What I find the weirdest is that my ticket on Bittrex support still shows as open. There's no reply there from Bttrex other than standard automatic one. I've also received no email about my account beign verified. In fact If I didn't log in to Bittrex yesterday I still wouldn't know. This makes me think my whole issue was resoved outside the official support channel by someone reading my email or seeing my tweet or post.

Now I'm not sure if this will work for anyone else.  Also sorry for the wall of text.

What does that Name Mismatch mean actually? Did you have a slightly different name than the one you used for registering or for basic verification?

Drumbic

Activity: 42

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 01:31:40 AM

Sometimes I have the feeling people are writing without reading the previous comments  Huh  It's not all about the constantly failing verification process.
It's about people getting forced to do a enhanced verification for even 0.1 BTC! It's about changing withdrawel limits to 0 without giving
loyal customers a heads up or a date  when this will happen.On the other hand deposits are always unlimited!?
Foreign customers are forced to do a enhanced verification because BASIC only works but often fails for US customers.
Why is this ? BASIC should be open to anybody not only US customers.

By changing terms WITHOUT WARNING their customers they are STEALING funds and breaking law that's illegal in every country.
I don't trust them and I will not send them my ID, drivers license or anything else so my coins are STOLEN by them.
[/size]

I'm sure there has to be something in their original terms that states that terms are subject to change.  By creating an account, you would have agreed to those open ended terms.  They didn't steal your money.  You can get it if you choose to... you just choose not to.

KYC laws are everywhere you go nowadays.  You're not going to get away from them forever.  If you're a foreigner exchanging money on a US based exchange, you have to accept the fact that US laws regarding foreign investing, especially in something as gray of an area as crypto trading, are going to change and be enforced differently day to day.  You can adapt and accept it, or you can sit here and complain that your "coins were stolen".  If it were my money, I would buck up and get it off the exchange.  If you're a foreigner, and you aren't allowed to get it off the exchange because of US regulatory action of whatever kind, then you have a beef with the US financial regulations system, not Bittrex.

Either way... shit or get off the pot.  If you want your money, you'll find a way to get it without crying about it.  I was kind and polite to support, and they were the same to me and resolved my issue in under an hour.  I'd love to see what your original support ticket said.  Did you accuse them of stealing when you wrote to them?

-Fuse

Ok Bittrex backer... What about us who are IN the US and CANT get anything done from them. I played by THEIR rules with what they are asking for.... submitted it all, got an error.  25 days later and I am STILL being ignored on ALL fronts of contact!  SO How long am I suppose to wait to 'shit or get of the pot' before I am allowed to be pissed off with a COMPANY screwing with my money?
coininvestor

Activity: 128
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 02:22:54 AM

28 states not allowed to withdraw a crypto currency under what law?  Bittrex is a ponzi scheme.   They are robbing the people in those 28 states to keep the other states using the site and keep some sort of legitimacy.  They have over $10,000 of mine that they stole plain and simple.   Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry
coininvestor

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 02:41:03 AM

Not only am I done with Bittrex.  I am done with all these exchanges.  If everyone withdrew all of their coins from every exchange and stopped trading all together the volume would dry up.  That would send a message.  Unfortunately I think crypto is too big now.   Angry Angry AngryAngry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry
Drumbic

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 02:44:26 AM

Not only am I done with Bittrex.  I am done with all these exchanges.  If everyone withdrew all of their coins from every exchange and stopped trading all together the volume would dry up.  That would send a message.  Unfortunately I think crypto is too big now.   Angry Angry AngryAngry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry

When something gets to big, and shady things start happening, MAJOR regulations show up!
coininvestor

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 02:55:46 AM

When something gets to big, and shady things start happening, MAJOR regulations show up!

Regulations would be fine with me if Bittrex were the one being regulated.  I just want my coins back.  I deposited my coins and five minutes later I can't get them back.  Regulation is what is needed when criminals are unable to stop scamming people.  IE: Bittrex
buffalobkhn

Activity: 76

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 04:39:41 AM

Hi Drumbic,

i'm also to get problem with Enhanced verification. Then, i sent to them some email.
The lastest email, it said "Your request (.......) has been solved". But, actually i still have o BTC withdraw per day.
I think i need to wait and patient . Anyway,  can you give some advise?
Thanks!
mymenace
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1061

Smile

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 05:02:53 AM

Hi Drumbic,

i'm also to get problem with Enhanced verification. Then, i sent to them some email.
The lastest email, it said "Your request (.......) has been solved". But, actually i still have o BTC withdraw per day.
Thanks!

enable 2fa

Grin
Drumbic

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 05:52:04 AM

Hi Drumbic,

Thanks!

If your account shows Enhanced Verified, ensure your 2FA security is set up. You need a 2FA security to be able to withdraw.    And congrats you got a result and heard back from Bittrex... I am at 25 days now waiting.
javadth

Activity: 52

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 08:58:33 AM

my enhanced account disabled more than 2 months ago , and they even don't tell us why this happened, very easy stoled our money and balance

what should we do ??

https://image.ibb.co/jk3O2w/bittrex.jpg
https://preview.ibb.co/ihn5FG/akdhakd.jpg
https://preview.ibb.co/cyewNw/a6dada.jpg
eye1

Activity: 23

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 09:50:58 AM

Yesterday they approved my enhanced account finally so I could withdrew funds (after two weeks). Will not use them never again, at least not for years to come.

I was very aggressive. I fighted them where I thought it can hurt them most. Social media (especially twitter), bitcoin local groups, podcast chats. Always trying to use my real name, hopping so they can identify me. Its the most effective way for them to lose money, if their customers start leaving or you are helping new ones to go to alternatives. For the fact, I know at least few 10s if not hundred users withdrawn money because of my activities. They lost more opportunity money than they could ever stole from me. I also contacted top bittrex people on their linkedin accounts (had to buy pro version for that) and send them some personal messages (so they feel at least a little uncomfortable if not threatened).

This tactics worked before from me. I got money from Cryptsy as I did similar thing early enough while they still cared enough for losing money and bad reputation.

Now. Here the story will not end for me like it did with cryptsy and we know how that one ended. What really pisses me off, is that they stole money from bunch of people from third world countries like Iran, India, Pakistan.... That happened a while ago and nobody talked much about it. I traveled the world enough and for a fact know most of those people live already a hard life with their oppressive governments. And lots of them were now robbed just like that. While at the same time they seem to put zero effort to resolve situation, but rather continue adding new trading pairs and getting new users into trap.

https://www.change.org/p/bill-shihara-unblock-bittrex-user-accounts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=i5H47-gpRww

https://cointelegraph.com/news/bitcoin-altcoin-exchange-bittrex-eyed-with-suspicion-due-to-thousands-of-mysterious-account-closings

We need to help this industry grow by actively campaigning against bad actors and their practices (not just frauds, incompetence goes to the same length) and shortsightedness of people milking the crypto and giving little in return.

Effective ways to turn away new customers and making existing ones leave is showing them links to bittrex latest twitts (where people complain massively), bitcointalk threads like this one, active petitions and youtube videos.

One very effective punchline is to point out they have new 200.000+ unresolved support tickets opened in the last month only. I have created additional ticket in the timespan of three days and number grew for over 25k.. Very visal screenshot to show to people. New people know nothing about mt.gox and cryptsy so it helps you point them there also.

eye1

Activity: 23

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 09:59:04 AM

Forgot to mention. I was respectful to the people working in their support while writing ticket. I tried to include my personal emotions of anger, being scared of losing losing funds forever and desperation. You do not want to piss of them.. they are probably under extremely high stress already so they can identify with you if you be sincere and honest. Its not their fault! So do not take it personal upon them.
Drumbic

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 02:03:14 PM

I have 100$ balance and I can't do enhanced verification, first I try to basic verification and got this problem 'We could not match your information to our public record providers. To complete the verification process, you must apply for an enhanced account. '

After that, I try to enhanced verification, I send my Driver License and my selfie, I try too many times, I send my valid photos from the rules, but I got 'Too many failed document uploads. You have failed to automatically verify too many times. Your documents will need to be manually reviewed. Please contact our support desk. Manual review typically takes 7 days but could be longer based on demand.'

What should I do? I already send my driver license and my selfie many times Sad
help me please Sad

Unfortunately you are in the same boat as many of us here...  Fill out the support ticket and take to social media...  We are all trying to get verified.
Drumbic

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 02:11:24 PM

So I changed exchanges...(PM me and Ill tell you who I switched to, I think I had a post deleted for posting another link to it..?)  Submitted my documents, SAME I used for Bittrex, this other exchange has already verified me!  It took about 30 hours....

BITTREX there is ZERO excuses!!!!!!!!! FIX OUR ACCOUNTS!!!!
MightyGhost

Activity: 39

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 02:16:13 PM

What will you do if they will not do that? Nothing? That's what they think too, I guess... Grin
Drumbic

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 02:32:27 PM

What will you do if they will not do that? Nothing? That's what they think too, I guess... Grin

Being in the states, I have some legal options, if need be.  But I am using all resources I can before contacting a lawyer. Contacted them via their help tickets, contacted them via their Twitter and Complaint filed with the BBB. Complaint with SEC will be next.  I am at least showing I'VE attempted to contact them to resolve the issue. So if and when a lawyer is contacted, Ive done my part by reaching out to them in good faith.
torrentco

Activity: 2100
Merit: 418

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 02:39:28 PM

i dont know if thats the case but bittrex publicly announced that they have a zero tolerance policy about pumping and dumping.and that they r going to close all accounts and confisticate the balances of people who are related to such activity.but i see a lot of people with super low balances get locked,like 500-600 usd worth of account getting locked not sure if you can get into such activity with that little balance.
anyways long story short beware of telegram pump groups.you can lose it all.
Drumbic

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 02:43:47 PM

i dont know if thats the case but bittrex publicly announced that they have a zero tolerance policy about pumping and dumping.and that they r going to close all accounts and confisticate the balances of people who are related to such activity.but i see a lot of people with super low balances get locked,like 500-600 usd worth of account getting locked not sure if you can get into such activity with that little balance.

Hell I was just buying what I wanted in coins... hadnt even thought about selling them at this point!   But what i do have WILL be moved off Bittrex if I can ever get Bittrex to fix their BS!
MightyGhost

Activity: 39

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 02:44:20 PM

They can close accounts, ban clients, BUT cannot steal the money. I'm sure it's illegal in USA too.
Pages: « 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 [96] 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 ... 153 »
  Print  

Jump to: