Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:29:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I CHOSE BITCOIN INVESTMENT OVER BANK INVESTMENT  (Read 1435 times)
OSEIBOATENG (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 15

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2018, 08:26:44 PM
Merited by ImHash (1)

Knowing the crypto world was the best thing I have ever done. Today I was given an amount of $20000 by my uncle to make an investment for him at the bank so that by the end of the year he can get some additional money added to his capital. I sat down and calculated and found out that, investing at the bank will give him just $2000 interest.

I then called him and explain to him about cryptocurrency and how secured it is with evidences and it price increment for last year. After seeing it he told me to invest that amount into BITCOIN and I have done it for him. I know that is volatile and can fluctuate but I made time to explain to him that although the market is red now but when the green days come he will get not less thank $25000 added to his capital. I know I did the right thing and he will surely laugh some days to come. What do you think guys?    
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
helen28

Activity: 453
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 08:39:10 PM

I would also choose bitcoin investment over bank statement as I don't want my money to just stick with its current value right now, I want it to earn, and in bank investment they would just give you minimal interest with your money not even at least 1%.
o_e_l_e_o
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 18510

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 09:26:16 PM

You've made a mistake.

If what you say is true, and the bank can guarantee a 10% ROI, then you should have put at least 80% in there, and only 20% in to Bitcoin. Preferably you should have looked in to other fields as well, such as savings bonds or stocks and shares. Diversity is key.
butka

Activity: 434
Merit: 246

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 09:33:40 PM

As far as I'm concerned, you've made a good call. Sure, the market goes up and down, cryptocurrencies are volatile, but if you average the price over a longer period of time, it goes up steadily. The only question is how long your uncle is willing to wait before cashing out. If he is patient and can afford to wait, one year from today he may double his investment. No bank can give him that ROI.
bangkecol

Activity: 784
Merit: 314

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 09:37:16 PM

know in the trading system there is also a loss, I suggest you can give direction to your uncle if this business can lose. because I see that your uncle wants an investment that really can grow the existing capital.be careful not only to see in terms of profit, know the risk that will happen.
javadsalehi

Activity: 364
Merit: 13

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 09:40:55 PM

If that 20000 dollar is all of his money, you have taken a bid risk. Never put all your eggs in one basket. You should put the only the money you can afford to lose. And note that making money is not that easy.
gantez

Activity: 1736
Merit: 121

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 09:45:11 PM

I'm quite sure that you have made a bright decision for your uncle. The question is whether your uncle won't bother you much because of impatient for the investment to yield good profit because he already knows what his profit will be if invested in the bank.
Vickyrichy

Activity: 209
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 09:45:26 PM

Knowing the crypto world was the best thing I have ever done. Today I was given an amount of $20000 by my uncle to make an investment for him at the bank so that by the end of the year he can get some additional money added to his capital. I sat down and calculated and found out that, investing at the bank will give him just $2000 interest.

I then called him and explain to him about cryptocurrency and how secured it is with evidences and it price increment for last year. After seeing it he told me to invest that amount into BITCOIN and I have done it for him. I know that is volatile and can fluctuate but I made time to explain to him that although the market is red now but when the green days come he will get not less thank $25000 added to his capital. I know I did the right thing and he will surely laugh some days to come. What do you think guys?    
I think you should let your uncle understand the volatile nature of the crypto market and the possibility of the value of bitcoin reducing below the initial price you bought it. Investing in crypto is not always about the value of the coin and the potential gains you can make. You need to understand the market cap of the coin you are investing in and understanding cryptocurrency in general. Just like the stock market, prices of commodities increase or reduce.
cacvy3

Activity: 163
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 09:51:14 PM

It is risky to invest in both parties, but i know that bitcoin is not risky if you know in where you are storing your keys - buying your coins (and exchanging them) it is all a complex thing, but i would not invest on a bank fund neither.
mobnepal
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1006

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 10:07:13 PM

Some rules of crypto-investment ;
1. Never invest in bitcoin using other's money or borrowed money.
2. Never show other's just a bright side of the crypto investment, they will blame you if market goes down.
3. Don't invest all of your or suggest other's to invest all of their savings in crypto, only invest what you/he can loss.
4. If I look at my portfolio, I am down by over 70% right now so better be cautious when it comes to crypto investment.
Pinkris128

Activity: 812
Merit: 262

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 10:14:05 PM

I would also choose bitcoin investment over bank statement as I don't want my money to just stick with its current value right now, I want it to earn, and in bank investment they would just give you minimal interest with your money not even at least 1%.
Maybe if we go back to the past I will invest more in bank bevause that time you can get high interest but mow only 1% that you will get. I much prefer now in bitcoin it was very profitable especially when it was pumping. You can earn here more and your money has a chance to double in just months. But remember that it was not always because bitcoin dumps to sometimes.
Deathgamer

Activity: 322

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 10:14:49 PM

Well that is really a good idea but however it is a little bit risky compare to saving your money in bank because you can assure that it wont be lost but youll only earn small profit.In bitcoin you can earn big profit but I would spread to everyone that you invest to bitcoin because we all know that bitcoin value is volatile so it may rise or fall from time to time so much better if you will be the one to invest on it first and once youll earn big profit then thats the time youll spread it out but also remind them that bitcoin is risky.
budismile

Activity: 293
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 10:15:12 PM

You are very brave to invest with other people's capital, if I probably will not do so because the risk of investing in other people is very risky, trust the stakes.
but seeing your attitude is so enthusiastic, I think you are good enough melakukaknnya. you just need to explain to Uncle, when Bitcoin is down! that Bitcoin will go back up and you have to invest long-term, because it is safer when compared to short-term investments.
GizmoCoinTEAM

Activity: 188

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 10:18:18 PM

You really made a great step for your Uncle.  Even I hope too, One day your uncle will be very happy for you. Investing in crypto is more profitable than an investment in Bank. But crypto has hacker fear. That's why you need to keep that big amount very secure. Good Luck
Rrtt

Activity: 378

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 10:19:46 PM

If im given an opportunity that kind of capital i would also choose bitcoin investment, yes its risky and volatile but if you fully understand the cryptocurrency  and know how to manage for being volatile then surely you meet your goal.
Nanashev

Activity: 75
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 10:24:19 PM

YOU made the right choice. The times that we invested our monies at the bank at a smaller interest rate is over. Bitcoin gives a pleasant impact on our investment. Grow your wealth with bitcoin investment Grin. Just be patient, follow the market and cash out at the right time.
thinkme1st

Activity: 532

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2018, 10:30:06 PM

Judging by the current bearish market scenario from last few months and expectations that bitcoin price will start to rise now, you made the right decision and it can be very profitable but remember to invest only what you can afford to loose.

ImHash

Activity: 924
Merit: 506

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 10:32:08 PM

I gave you 1 merit for supporting bitcoin, We need more people like you. As posters above me already mentioned, Investing what is not your own into something as volatile as bitcoin is a very risky move but without taking such risks there will be no reward. Make sure to sell with profit and invest that money somewhere with guaranteed ROI if that's all the money your uncle has.
drwhobox

Activity: 756
Merit: 133

- hello doctor who box

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 10:32:21 PM

You have made a little mistakes when it comes to investing. At the bank they can gurantee a 10% + ROI in a year well the thing with bitcoin is it’s really volatile. Yes we can speculate what if the price you were aiming for is non existent?
rodskee

Activity: 2366
Merit: 191

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 10:33:26 PM

I choose also Bitcoin investment than bank investment, the advantage in bank investment are the money is secured from anything nothing to worry for the security  investment going to be hack

but in term of profits i will go into bitcoin the one surprise i earn profits is last year the value is to expensive and i get huge of earnings, investing in bitcoin is right decision and choice opportunity.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: