Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 03:37:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 144 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do people keep saying BTC is dead?!  (Read 225494 times)
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 06:05:13 PM

If you read or process what I'm saying you will see that I'm not saying they can stop it, but they can prohibit it in other ways and that's why my comparison with drugs is apt. They might not be able to stop you using bitcoin (or drugs) but they can put laws and regulations in place to make it illegal and punish you if you choose to ignore them. The gov can still steal or confiscate your bitcoins as well so it's yet again exactly comparable to drugs.

no it isn't, they can't confiscate it, because they need to confiscate your pc/smarthphone/trezor ecc.... understand now, why i was talking about computer? how can they stop you from running a client then? it's impossible

drug on the other hand, don't utilize an instruments like bitcoin....it's more impossible to control the usage of bitcoin in comaprison to anything else, it's not feasible at all...

this is why banning bitcoin is a complete joke, you can't do it period, the only thing is restriction(but it must be done by the entire world, not just from a random gov that hate bitcoin, otherwise it is pointless), which will damage the price and penalize the whole network, thus maybe killing it undirectly

They can't confiscate it? Tell that to Ross Ulbricht and BurtW and everyone else who had bitcoins confiscated. You really don't know what you're talking about. Just because something is on your computer or phone doesn't mean they can't take it. Drugs might be in your pocket or in your house or locked in a safe but they can still take it just like they can bitcoins. They can also just lock you up if they can't get access to the funds they know you have but you will still owe them the money one way or another. You also contradicted yourself in the last paragraph. You say they can't control it or ban it but then they might be able to kill it indirectly? This is my entire point. They don't need to shut down your computer or client or pc or internet, they can just make bitcoin illegal and prosecute any one who uses it.

man you are not understanding, if they confiscate my smarthphone or whatever, i can still fire up my client at home and run that(and they surely can't confiscate every desktop out there), burst is doing the same right now, there is really nothing they can't do about bitcoin, bannig bitcoin is pointless for every point of view, and they know that, that's why russia returned to where they started, by removing the "ban"

Well they could technically pass a law to ban BTC and be able to confiscate your BTC if they catch you with BTC (example: you are going to some place and you are wearing a trezzor with you, they would be able to steal your trezzor). They could just create fear and try as hard as possible to reduce it as an underground thing.
Of course we all know this is pointless and would create an outrage, that why it's out of the question.

they can't do shit, besides arresting me, because i can still use it at home, they need to ban desktop too if they one to stop bitcoin, no-sense actually, it's impossible
Professor Plums

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 06:30:27 PM

man you are not understanding, if they confiscate my smarthphone or whatever, i can still fire up my client at home and run that(and they surely can't confiscate every desktop out there), burst is doing the same right now,

How could you fire up your client when you're sat in a jail cell? Can Ross just fire up his wallet and reclaim his coins? Nope. They were even encrypted and the feds broke the encryption and moved the coins to their own addresses. The only way you could keep hold of them was if you could get a friend or family to transfer them to somewhere safe or made sure in the first place your wallets were well hidden and encrypted ridiculously well.
Amph
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 06:41:18 PM

man you are not understanding, if they confiscate my smarthphone or whatever, i can still fire up my client at home and run that(and they surely can't confiscate every desktop out there), burst is doing the same right now,

How could you fire up your client when you're sat in a jail cell? Can Ross just fire up his wallet and reclaim his coins? Nope. They were even encrypted and the feds broke the encryption and moved the coins to their own addresses. The only way you could keep hold of them was if you could get a friend or family to transfer them to somewhere safe or made sure in the first place your wallets were well hidden and encrypted ridiculously well.

my point is that you can't put in jail, everyone who has a desktop, because everyone that has a desktop has a chance to use bitcoin, i was thinking that this was so easy to understand, apparently i was wrong...

besides that arresting one person isn't doing shit to the "ban of bitcoin" which still i find hilarious everytime i heard about it...

as long as everyone is owning a desktop on his house, he can use bitcoin, so he is a potential criminal,  and you can't arrest everyone... see how it sounds retarded?
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 07:56:45 PM

Why they didn't tell to me ? I have a rights to know what happened to the coins that will deducted to my every transaction or payment.

What can you do if they told you? I guess you can't do nothing to them since they got more power than you and I dont think they are going to telling you this because it is like their own privacy that they must not break or telling it to outsider
So what we can do? paying taxes to every individual transaction? And we won't even know what they are going to do with that coins? For you? its ok to pay taxes without knowing of its purposes?

If one day government take a full control of bitcoin which is never done before, no matter what you do you must pay the taxes, even if you object it rules is rules you must obey it. I dont think they can take control of this bitcoin since it is annonymous but we never know what will happen to the future right so just follow the flow

Bitcoin is not anonymous but quite transparent.

this is actually debatable, it can be, it depend how hard you work for mixing your coins(not talking only about usual mixer, but also coinjoin, using proxy, using other alt ecc...), also dealing in real life with bitcoin, will help make it more anon

I am not talking of 1 bitcoin and i am not talking of eon transaction. i am talking that on larger scale and if someone want to trace your bitcoin transactions they will do it. Technology for that will just improve every single day.
arallmuus
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1414

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2015, 08:09:50 PM

But as a user of it we can complain our suggestion and our rights. We have a rights to know what happened to the taxes that we pay. Yes we can't stop the government control the bitcoin but we can do what is right.

I will state this once more again. Government cant control BTC. In short words, because each transaction of BTC cant be control by anyone else, this will make the goverment has less interest in it.

i.e Government could block your bank account, void your money transaction if they deem that you have committed a crime but with BTC the goverment could not block anything, including your wallet or void your transaction. That is what decentralized means, the most they can do is regulate BTC transaction to FIAT to get a portion of it (tax)

The government can't control anything 100% but what they can do is put heavy restrictions on something and punish its use. Drugs are illegal but people still buy or use them but they can be punished for doing so and they could do the same thing with bitcoin. They could make it illegal which would threaten its use as a legit currency but people would still use it.

Thing is, people tend to stay with a illegal things . Best thing government could do about this would be issuing heavy tax for BTC/FIAT transaction, thus this will encourage the use of BTC also that AFAIK in China, BTC is illegal if you use it as a transaction /payment options , this would be another way for govertment to put on some restriction to it.

because pc are the instruments to use bitcoin and to setup a node, thus helping bitcoin, with the drug, you just confiscated the drug and arrest thos who used it, with bitcoin everyone can have access to it so easily it's not comparable with drug, you can't shut down every internet devices, so you can't deal with bitcoin, the Gov cannot stop it

If you read or process what I'm saying you will see that I'm not saying they can stop it, but they can prohibit it in other ways and that's why my comparison with drugs is apt. They might not be able to stop you using bitcoin (or drugs) but they can put laws and regulations in place to make it illegal and punish you if you choose to ignore them. The gov can still steal or confiscate your bitcoins as well so it's yet again exactly comparable to drugs.

Goverment could not stop it, true but they could make some restrictions on it (basically some laws ) that will hinder the growth of BTC . Things that are illegal tend to move underground, which means that even if government will to put in some restrictions to it, basically it will not stop anything at all but rather pushing it underground and make things harder for government to track on it.

P.S : by tracking , I meant that to know/regulate the BTC/FIAT exchanger

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Amph
Legendary

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 07:33:08 AM

Why they didn't tell to me ? I have a rights to know what happened to the coins that will deducted to my every transaction or payment.

What can you do if they told you? I guess you can't do nothing to them since they got more power than you and I dont think they are going to telling you this because it is like their own privacy that they must not break or telling it to outsider
So what we can do? paying taxes to every individual transaction? And we won't even know what they are going to do with that coins? For you? its ok to pay taxes without knowing of its purposes?

If one day government take a full control of bitcoin which is never done before, no matter what you do you must pay the taxes, even if you object it rules is rules you must obey it. I dont think they can take control of this bitcoin since it is annonymous but we never know what will happen to the future right so just follow the flow

Bitcoin is not anonymous but quite transparent.

this is actually debatable, it can be, it depend how hard you work for mixing your coins(not talking only about usual mixer, but also coinjoin, using proxy, using other alt ecc...), also dealing in real life with bitcoin, will help make it more anon

I am not talking of 1 bitcoin and i am not talking of eon transaction. i am talking that on larger scale and if someone want to trace your bitcoin transactions they will do it. Technology for that will just improve every single day.

maybe right now if someone want to track you, he can still do it, but he need a lot of effort if you are good enough, and this translate in doing it only when, who you are searching commits a big fraud or anything like that, otherwise will not be worth it

with zerocoin coming, the anon feature is bright for bitcoin in the future, in the end i'm sure we will have a completely 100% anon system, without rely on mixer, alt ecc...
operrajunk74

Activity: 344
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 06:28:28 PM

I think many people assume BTC dead because the price of Bitcoin decreased significantly  Grin
But nothing one people know about the price BTC next month or next year could have been higher but can be lower
  Cheesy

As we all know that BTC is volatile in nature and the prices are going down significantly that is the reason why people keep on saying that it is dead and the other reason is very few people are aware about the btc so once the adoption level goes high the prices will go high and it will be again in demand.
torrentheaven

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 09:58:12 PM

I think many people assume BTC dead because the price of Bitcoin decreased significantly  Grin
But nothing one people know about the price BTC next month or next year could have been higher but can be lower
  Cheesy

As we all know that BTC is volatile in nature and the prices are going down significantly that is the reason why people keep on saying that it is dead and the other reason is very few people are aware about the btc so once the adoption level goes high the prices will go high and it will be again in demand.

I believe that media is creating an havoc here... What you say???  Huh  Huh They just want hot news to deliver to the society and media has played an significant role in degrading the value of bitcoin and people are influenced by media so they get judgemental very easily i guess.
umaOuma

Activity: 938

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 10:20:27 PM

Cheesy

yeah the nature of bitcoin is volatile and anything can happen in future either it will be dead or it will reach to a new level, fingers are crossed but as a member of bitcoin community would really love to watch it grow better and better and the future of bitcoin is bright and safe thats what i believe.
TrackCoin

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 10:49:46 PM

Because of BTC very soon world economics and easier transaction systems revolutionary will control. It's an awesome currency which is can send without any problems and  transaction tax less. Bitcoins in yhe whole world one of most important part of economical systems achieved which is as others currency couldn't like this with in short time.

Dotakels

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 03:28:13 AM

Because of BTC very soon world economics and easier transaction systems revolutionary will control. It's an awesome currency which is can send without any problems and  transaction tax less. Bitcoins in yhe whole world one of most important part of economical systems achieved which is as others currency couldn't like this with in short time.
I think it will not happened because what will happened to the fiat money if the bitcoin will only use of the people?
dollarneed

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 04:40:29 AM

Cheesy

yeah the nature of bitcoin is volatile and anything can happen in future either it will be dead or it will reach to a new level, fingers are crossed but as a member of bitcoin community would really love to watch it grow better and better and the future of bitcoin is bright and safe thats what i believe.

Yup i agree with you guys bitcoin is a future,and nowdays its progress better than last time so many cool merchant used bitcoin for their payment and bitcoin would never inflate but deflate,i dont know how afraid people to used bitcoin its a solution right? just one thing that i know is every people keep saying bitcoin is dead they are primitive they would never fell hitech and future if they always though like that Cheesy
Dotakels

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 03:12:16 PM

Cheesy

Yup i agree with you guys bitcoin is a future,and nowdays its progress better than last time so many cool merchant used bitcoin for their payment and bitcoin would never inflate but deflate,i dont know how afraid people to used bitcoin its a solution right? just one thing that i know is every people keep saying bitcoin is dead they are primitive they would never fell hitech and future if they always though like that Cheesy
They still in a modern living and they can't adopt bitcoin as a payment. They though that they are contended to  fiat money and they scared about that they can scammed or hacked.
BTCevo
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 03:17:37 PM

Its true that bitcoin is the best compare to world economics but there is positive and negative about it and about the technology is very good but there are one thing very bad about it. That is about the price, bitcoin price compare to world economy is the worst thing because of its volatile so it will suddenly going high and later drop significant and one more thing without bitcoin a whole world still can live so this is not the important thing compare to fiat that have their stability
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1136

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2015, 12:24:21 AM
Last edit: August 04, 2015, 11:12:33 AM by BurtW

man you are not understanding, if they confiscate my smarthphone or whatever, i can still fire up my client at home and run that(and they surely can't confiscate every desktop out there), burst is doing the same right now, there is really nothing they can't do about bitcoin, bannig bitcoin is pointless for every point of view, and they know that, that's why russia returned to where they started, by removing the "ban"

When they arrested me they immediately took my phone and would not let me touch it.  I thought - no problem.
Then they took every single one of my personal computers and all of my corporate computers.  I thought - no problem.
Then 35 agents searched my home and my office and took everything they could find related to Bitcoins.  I thought - no problem.
Then they broke into my safe and took everything.  I thought - no problem.
Then they found the seed words for my Trezor, and immediately transferred all of my Bitcoins from my Trezor to theirs.

So, you can say I made a mistake and did not hide my seed well enough, but that does not matter.

Your ability to keep your seeds, passwords, pass phrases etc. from the government is only equal to your ability to live in jail, in solitary confinement, until you give them up.

Talk big about being able to handle it until it happens to you - then we will see.  I was only in there for three days and two nights.  I cried like a baby when I was released I was so happy.

they can't do shit, besides arresting me, because i can still use it at home, they need to ban desktop too if they one to stop bitcoin, no-sense actually, it's impossible
You are right, all they can do is arrest you, charge you, take everything they can get their hands on and then charge all your stuff.  If you have the funds to fight it you can "win" and be broke like me or if you do not have the funds you can rot in jail and get a public defender who works for them, does not know shit and is not there to help you defend yourself - only there to make sure the prosecutor does not screw up and make any mistakes that you could appeal.

More here:  www.jmwagner.com and www.burtw.com if you are interested.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
HarHarHar9965

Activity: 994

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 04:55:19 AM

Its true that bitcoin is the best compare to world economics but there is positive and negative about it and about the technology is very good but there are one thing very bad about it. That is about the price, bitcoin price compare to world economy is the worst thing because of its volatile so it will suddenly going high and later drop significant and one more thing without bitcoin a whole world still can live so this is not the important thing compare to fiat that have their stability

Every technology and every currency has a positive and a negative side to it. Bitcoin price compared to world economy might seem the worst thing, only based on is volatile nature but that is something which will stabilize in the coming years. Once our currency is stable, we can think about the world economy then. You also said, 'without bitcoin a whole world can live...' Bitcoin is creating its own new world Smiley
greBit

Activity: 714

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 05:26:31 AM

Every technology and every currency has a positive and a negative side to it. Bitcoin price compared to world economy might seem the worst thing, only based on is volatile nature but that is something which will stabilize in the coming years. Once our currency is stable, we can think about the world economy then. You also said, 'without bitcoin a whole world can live...' Bitcoin is creating its own new world Smiley

What he seems to say is that there are currencies which could affect peoples' lives directly, like how Euro affected the lifestyle of Greece. Bitcoin too affects lives of people, especially those who use it. And comparing bitcoin to euro, if Greece citizens were in control of having bitcoins, they would never be in a situation where they could not withdraw or use their own money Smiley
Dotakels

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 06:33:08 AM

What he seems to say is that there are currencies which could affect peoples' lives directly, like how Euro affected the lifestyle of Greece. Bitcoin too affects lives of people, especially those who use it. And comparing bitcoin to euro, if Greece citizens were in control of having bitcoins, they would never be in a situation where they could not withdraw or use their own money Smiley
Hahaha because if they control it , other country's will also do that and bitcoin will be worthless if bitcoin can't use or  can't withdraw :3
Miracal

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 08:51:51 AM

Hahaha because if they control it , other country's will also do that and bitcoin will be worthless if bitcoin can't use or  can't withdraw :3

The beauty of bitcoin is that it eleminates financial institutions like banks and rests all the power of transactions, payments, debit, credit, etc all to you. There will be more platforms to support btc in the future which would eleminate any use of a bank account in future, it would be amazing to be paid electronically and spend the same way too. And the point I am trying to make it is, nobody can control bitcoin. Bitcoin is a dragon, it cannot be tamed.
ajun96

Activity: 658

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 12:29:43 PM

if they knew about it, who the people are afraid of? who said "bitcoin will die"

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 144 »
  Print  

Jump to: