Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 07:20:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [BTQ] BitQuark | Super secure hashing | CPU mining  (Read 162260 times)
Mr.B!

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 03:09:21 AM

Worked perfectly! 

I created a MyBitQuarkWallet.bat file with:

%CD%\BitQuarkData\bitquark-qt.exe -datadir=%CD%\BitQuarkData

An and autorun.inf with:

[AutoRun]
OPEN=MyBitQuarkWallet.bat
ACTION=Run BitQuark Wallet
LABEL=My USB BitQuark Wallet

and placed them on the USB drive as the only 2 files.

I then created a folder on the USB drive called BitQuarkData and in there placed:

bitquark-qt.exe

Just curious if a windows shortcut would work better than a batch file?
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
DannyTom

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 12:15:51 AM

I never thought of using a windows shortcut, I'll have to try that to get rid of the cmd window popping up, plus then an icon would be on it too so that would look a little cooler.

We need all the bitquark supporters to help promote the coin!

Vote on exchanges and harass/email them daily to add BitQuark!
https://btc-market.org/Voting
https://www.swisscex.com/voting

Like, Follow, Promote all the Facebook Pages for BitQuark
https://www.facebook.com/bitquarkfans
https://www.facebook.com/bitquarkcoin
https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Crypto-Flea-Market/254323151419642

Buy and Sell BitQuark on Exchanges so there's plenty of trade activity and volume
http://www.c-cex.com
http://www.comkort.com

Give away a flash drive wallet with a couple of BTQ to a friend or family memeber
Code:
I created a MyBitQuarkWallet.bat file with:

%CD%BitQuarkData\bitquark-qt.exe -datadir=%CD%BitQuarkData

An and autorun.inf with:

[AutoRun]
OPEN=MyBitQuarkWallet.bat
ACTION=Run BitQuark Wallet
LABEL=My USB BitQuark Wallet

and placed them on the USB drive as the only 2 files.

I then created a folder on the USB drive called BitQuarkData and in there placed:

bitquark-qt.exe

It's up to us to make bitQuark grow into a real currency for 2015

BTQ:  17NEp7WtUZt4V5RiFP6YHxD1hcte7U3sB8
LTC:  LeyXcTFxC5Ku3KDUyhwDHtLko1JwChd99h
FTC:  6n56LJKYrdgmsougCCjenLFtpPTcjFQ829
BitQuark (OP)

Activity: 716
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2014, 01:35:32 AM
Last edit: September 10, 2014, 02:32:42 AM by BitQuark

Yeah the Windows shortcut works great...I've used it before.
If you want to add an icon to the USB just save this BTQ icon image and add the following to your autorun.inf

https://github.com/bitquarkcoin/BitQuark-0.8.3r17/blob/master/src/qt/res/icons/bitcoin.ico

Code:
icon=bitcoin.ico

just place the bitcoin.ico image in the root directory of the USB and you can right click on it and select 'properties', then put a check by 'hidden' so that the icon will be hidden from view.

I done this yesterday and it looks really good. I'm also trying to figure out a way to keep the CMD window from popping up. This was an easy fix in earlier versions of Windows, but isn't so much with Vista and newer.

BitQuark 2015!!!!!!!!!

Mr.B!

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 03:15:52 AM

I love My USB BitQuark Wallet!  For us miners and types with a little technical background, the walkthrough put together between DannyTom and BitQuark works great!  

Here's a few things IMHO which need to be addressed to make "My USB BitQuark Wallet" feasible to the grandma/grandpa out there:

1.  BlockChain size - Not an issue now, but over the next few months as BitQuark gets to be as mass adopted as Bitcoin  Grin this will be an issue.  The BitQuark blockchain is under 1GB but the Bitcoin blockchain is something like 20GB so keeping the blockchain on a USB isn't feasible longterm.

2.  BlockChain download speed - If you run the bitquark-qt.exe directly from the USB drive as DannyTom stated it takes a long time to download the full blockchain, significantly longer than on your desktop, mainly due to USB write speed.

3.  Initial load time when you manually copy the blockchain over - It seems to take a while to initially load, maybe it was just me or maybe I did something wrong, but either way, grandma/grandpa ain't gonna wait.

4.  Virus/Malware Triggers - One thing I learned when I brought My USB BitQuark Wallet to work to show a co-worker is that the bitquark-qt.exe file triggers a TrendMicro warning on my work PC and TrendMicro deleted the bitquark-qt.exe which made me feel a little stupid.  My wallet.dat file was fine, but I forgot that all wallet software (bitcoin-qt, litecoin-qt, etc.) triggers a virus/malware warning unless I manually add an exception.  Again, for grandma/grandpa or for anyone taking their USB wallet to another PC, this could be an issue.

Again, I love it and I'm using it, but long term and for the non-techie masses, I don't think this can be a feasible solution.  We need a mobile wallet and a cloud/server based wallet provider for BitQuark, both of which I don't trust or use, but for grandma/grandpa and the non-techie masses that's something we're going to need for BitQuark to become as popular as bitcoin.

I hope I'm not sounding negative with this post, I just don't want someone new to bitquark to try this and run into any issues.  Maybe we should write up a professional sell sheet/guide/pdf for the process with disclaimers and warnings and kind of "bitquark copyright it" before another coin does so people can use it but know the drawbacks of it?
CryptoFleaMarket

Activity: 6

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2014, 04:52:43 PM

Is anyone considering contacting charities about accepting bitquark?  Even though this coin has a small market cap at the moment, if the community gives a $100 in bitquark to a campaign, it xould really help generate some views.
I'd be willing to donate, cash, existing btq or hash time.
BitQuark (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2014, 05:35:19 PM

Is anyone considering contacting charities about accepting bitquark?  Even though this coin has a small market cap at the moment, if the community gives a $100 in bitquark to a campaign, it xould really help generate some views.
I'd be willing to donate, cash, existing btq or hash time.

That's a great idea! I'm in :-)

BitQuark (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2014, 06:21:49 PM

Looks like my server might be down and I'm at work Sad I'll be home in about 3 1/2 hrs and I will get it back up and going so we can get back to mining!!!

CommanderVenus

Activity: 258

Zoinks! Its the Miner Miner Forty-Niner!

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 08:50:03 PM

4.  Virus/Malware Triggers - One thing I learned when I brought My USB BitQuark Wallet to work to show a co-worker is that the bitquark-qt.exe file triggers a TrendMicro warning on my work PC and TrendMicro deleted the bitquark-qt.exe which made me feel a little stupid.  My wallet.dat file was fine, but I forgot that all wallet software (bitcoin-qt, litecoin-qt, etc.) triggers a virus/malware warning unless I manually add an exception.  Again, for grandma/grandpa or for anyone taking their USB wallet to another PC, this could be an issue.

I just uploaded windows bitquark-qt.exe (v0.8.3.17-BTQ) to virustotal and trendmirco didnt have a negative result for it. You should check if you got your wallet from a reputable source. The only antivirus software that did find it possibly negative was nod32, but nod32 thinks everything is a virus.
https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/e22acd4a3c90b9f5730bc6010157554d3e45d005014c68267a4d110d98e8d222/analysis/1410381763/

Again, I love it and I'm using it, but long term and for the non-techie masses, I don't think this can be a feasible solution.  We need a mobile wallet and a cloud/server based wallet provider for BitQuark, both of which I don't trust or use, but for grandma/grandpa and the non-techie masses that's something we're going to need for BitQuark to become as popular as bitcoin.

I hope I'm not sounding negative with this post, I just don't want someone new to bitquark to try this and run into any issues.  Maybe we should write up a professional sell sheet/guide/pdf for the process with disclaimers and warnings and kind of "bitquark copyright it" before another coin does so people can use it but know the drawbacks of it?
We could use a mobile / light wallet. I dont really understand the underlined part of your post though.

BTC: 1VenusEubcLC9W7ykckHbdEzo5MVhPmCb
NXT: 15182624396855992605
BTQ: 14b2QFPwFtBC3tcRW9F61aaRXP2ns3fh1m
BitQuark (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2014, 09:50:07 PM

Ok got the website and pool back online. Looks like my power blinked during the morning and caused everything to shutdown. I will definitely have to invest in a UPS to prevent this from happening in the future!

Mr.B!

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 01:07:10 AM

I just uploaded windows bitquark-qt.exe (v0.8.3.17-BTQ) to virustotal and trendmirco didnt have a negative result for it. You should check if you got your wallet from a reputable source. The only antivirus software that did find it possibly negative was nod32, but nod32 thinks everything is a virus.
https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/e22acd4a3c90b9f5730bc6010157554d3e45d005014c68267a4d110d98e8d222/analysis/1410381763/

Again, I love it and I'm using it, but long term and for the non-techie masses, I don't think this can be a feasible solution.  We need a mobile wallet and a cloud/server based wallet provider for BitQuark, both of which I don't trust or use, but for grandma/grandpa and the non-techie masses that's something we're going to need for BitQuark to become as popular as bitcoin.

I hope I'm not sounding negative with this post, I just don't want someone new to bitquark to try this and run into any issues.  Maybe we should write up a professional sell sheet/guide/pdf for the process with disclaimers and warnings and kind of "bitquark copyright it" before another coin does so people can use it but know the drawbacks of it?
We could use a mobile / light wallet. I dont really understand the underlined part of your post though.

Hi CommanderVenus,

https://multibit.org/en/help/v0.4/help_runFromUSBDrive.html

As for what you had underlined in #4 check the link above, you know create a branded PDF instruction guide for what we've talked about in this thread that lists how-to, limitations, etc. and make it branded for bitquark, even though it would work for any wallet that doesn't have a huge blockchain.

I know it sounds simple and common and we're all technically adept to do it on our own, but still a professional looking branded guide/instructions sheet/pdf with a bitquark logo on it would help to promote the coin I'm thinking.

As for the virus trigger, I'm downloaded bitquark-qt.exe (v0.8.3.17-BTQ) from the link in this thread.  My virus protection (AdAware and Symantec Endpoint) trigger all my wallets and miners as bad unless I manually add exceptions.

I think we're all on the same page.  the USB wallet is awesome for us, I just think we need to write it up and brand it specific to bitquark.

BitQuark (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2014, 01:19:42 AM

From my understanding about the Anti-virus being triggered is due to all the anti-virus companies flagging the code as "Bitcoin miner" virus. So it has to do with the nature of the code used to make the client. I guess that's a way of big businesses fighting back against Bitcoin and the like. The only other way to stop this from happening is to rewrite the whole code for the client, but I don't have the expertise to do that.

CommanderVenus

Activity: 258

Zoinks! Its the Miner Miner Forty-Niner!

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 01:55:32 AM

Oh now i get what you mean Mr.B!. That sounds like something we could and should do!

The only cryptocoin related things my virus protection ever flagged were mining software variants. Never a wallet though.
 Undecided

BTC: 1VenusEubcLC9W7ykckHbdEzo5MVhPmCb
NXT: 15182624396855992605
BTQ: 14b2QFPwFtBC3tcRW9F61aaRXP2ns3fh1m
ZeroFossilFuel

Activity: 346

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 02:14:40 AM

I was playing around while setting my laptop up today with Ubuntu 14.04. After install, I decided to compile minerd so I could mine some BTQ and I done some editing to the setup files and came up with a "MinerD BitQuark Edition"  and added some color to all the dullness Cool
So what do you guys & gals think?

Nice.  Is there a GPU mining guide anywhere for this?

This is a good thread for getting the best GPU miners for quark https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=475795
This is currently the one I use.

They just released sgminer v5 here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=632503.0
Haven't tested this version yet

Also if you are GPU mining, then it's more profitable to solo mine instead of pool mine. If you are GPU pool mining and you notice your hash rate is way high in the pool, then ad this code to your mining program's bat file --difficulty-multiplier 256
So, I pointed my GPU rig at your pool without the --difficulty-multiplier 256 flag, saw almost 1Th/s for my 4Mh/s real mining speed, a whole bunch of unconfirmed coins almost immediately and I'm thinking to myself "Self, why would I not want 1Th out for my 4Mh in?" Is that really spoofing the pool into awarding more coins for very little effort? WORKS FOR ME!!!  Grin
BitQuark (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2014, 02:27:07 AM

I was playing around while setting my laptop up today with Ubuntu 14.04. After install, I decided to compile minerd so I could mine some BTQ and I done some editing to the setup files and came up with a "MinerD BitQuark Edition"  and added some color to all the dullness Cool
So what do you guys & gals think?

Nice.  Is there a GPU mining guide anywhere for this?

This is a good thread for getting the best GPU miners for quark https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=475795
This is currently the one I use.

They just released sgminer v5 here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=632503.0
Haven't tested this version yet

Also if you are GPU mining, then it's more profitable to solo mine instead of pool mine. If you are GPU pool mining and you notice your hash rate is way high in the pool, then ad this code to your mining program's bat file --difficulty-multiplier 256
So, I pointed my GPU rig at your pool without the --difficulty-multiplier 256 flag, saw almost 1Th/s for my 4Mh/s real mining speed, a whole bunch of unconfirmed coins almost immediately and I'm thinking to myself "Self, why would I not want 1Th out for my 4Mh in?" Is that really spoofing the pool into awarding more coins for very little effort? WORKS FOR ME!!!  Grin

Yeah it screws everything up big times, mainly the share percentage lol...

Mr.B!

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 02:31:22 AM

From my understanding about the Anti-virus being triggered is due to all the anti-virus companies flagging the code as "Bitcoin miner" virus. So it has to do with the nature of the code used to make the client. I guess that's a way of big businesses fighting back against Bitcoin and the like. The only other way to stop this from happening is to rewrite the whole code for the client, but I don't have the expertise to do that.

Yeah BitQuark, that's what I'm seeing with the wallet, not just the bitquark wallet, every wallet I have (bitcoin, litecoin, feathercoin, dogecoin, all of them)

I love putting the wallet on a USB credit card or flash drive and found that to be an awesome idea you and dannytom came up with, but if we're going to distribute such a thing to non-technical friends and family to spread around bitquark I just think we need some some type of professional looking PDF/guide written up for the total novice user so they don't immediately get scared and mistrust bitquark because they plug the wallet into their computer and get virus warning.

Mr.B!

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 02:46:21 AM

I haven't tried mining on pool.bitquark.info yet, but here you go:

https://scontent-a-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfa1/v/t1.0-9/10639654_706213009461149_1547808762493195722_n.jpg?oh=e795023e0ba5d6c7bcc13e2acd9d9036&oe=5495D7BC
BitQuark (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2014, 02:50:21 AM

I haven't tried mining on pool.bitquark.info yet, but here you go:

Haha I like that! I just tweeted the image Smiley

Yeah that's a great idea Mr.B! I think the PDF/Guide is totally do able. We just need to layout what all should be included.

CryptoFleaMarket

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2014, 02:25:42 AM

Haha I like that! I just tweeted the image Smiley

Yeah that's a great idea Mr.B! I think the PDF/Guide is totally do able. We just need to layout what all should be included.

Nice photo promotion there!  Change the blue to pink and link up with Susan G. Komen Foundation, I could see BitQuark for Boobies as a great breast cancer/charity promotion!

Anyway, we're working on writing up the additional information pages about BitQuark for the Crypto Flea Market to help give exposure and to help users understand what bitquark is.

http://btq.cryptofleamarket.com/what-is-bitquark/

We would welcome any comments or suggestions in case we're getting any information wrong.

Again, the ad posting functionality seems to be working so the site should be usable, we just need content, information and to finish styling everything before an official launch.  We appreciate all the testers and let us know if anyone finds any bugs.

BitQuark (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2014, 02:33:51 AM

Looks really great!!! You guys/gals rock!!!
The only correction that I can see that needs to be made is here.

- Block reward will never drop below 0.01 BTQ << Change to 0.1 BTQ

I originally posted 0.01 BTQ, but that was an error/miscalculation. 0.1 BTQ gives 105k BTQ annually.
Thanks again,
BTQ Dev

CryptoFleaMarket

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2014, 03:44:33 AM

Looks really great!!! You guys/gals rock!!!
The only correction that I can see that needs to be made is here.

- Block reward will never drop below 0.01 BTQ << Change to 0.1 BTQ

I originally posted 0.01 BTQ, but that was an error/miscalculation. 0.1 BTQ gives 105k BTQ annually.
Thanks again,
BTQ Dev

Updated.  We have a number of bitcoin style stock photos we're working on creating, plus redoing the cartoons.  We've been searching the web to find bitquark resources and information, but aside from what's at bitquark.info not a lot exists yet so we're trying to come up with it from our experience with other coin promotions.  Any written copy or imagery for BitQuark we come up with that you find at the Crypto Flea Market can be freely used to promote bitquark anywhere else.

If there are any pairs of bitquark users who live close together we'd really appreciate more testing of posting ads and using the site to communicate with each other so we can get feedback on the interface.  The goal is not to be a facilitator of btq transactions, but a medium where interested parties can meet and trade goods for bitquark as a currency like craigslist/backpage/online classifieds.

We feel that one of the key things keeping crypto currencies (bitcoins and altcoins) from reaching their full potential is their either too technical (miners mine them and stockpile them but never use them) or they're being used as just a speculative investment like penny stocks (non-miners buy them at low prices on exchanges and sell them at high prices to trade up to bitcoin or cash out).  If you like a coin you have two options, mine for it, or buy it with fiat currencies, but then what?

There are a fair amount of merchants for bitcoin, but virtually nothing for altcoins.  We feel that if you have faith in the coin, use it, use it to buy goods and sell goods for that coin.  That's what we hope to help accomplish.

We're aways from being finished with the site, but it does appear to be functional so use it while it's in live testing mode and keep giving us your feed back and recommendations.

Thanks,

http://btq.cryptofleamarket.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/the-crypto-fleamarket-team.png

Pages: « 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 »
  Print  

Jump to: